Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

"This cannot be, it's the devil's work. "

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> "This cannot be, it's the devil's work. " Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"This cannot be, it's the devil's work. " - 28/6/2012 2:14:54 PM   
Easy Rider

I'm fan of the original and the news of a remake made me shudder but i've always thought if done right it would be great to have an updated version because some scenes are quite dated but the news of Reynold's playing Macleod has made me shudder once again. I don't mind him but he's wrong for this part, they should have casted an unknown to play the part and have someone like Tom Hardy playing The Kurgan. I'll wait for the trailer because i could be wrong but i remain unconvinced by the casting so far.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
"Hey..It's A Kind Of Magic!" - 28/6/2012 6:56:23 PM   
BenTramer

I wonder will Queen have anything to do with the remake. It would be nice to have some new songs from them in there somewhere, maybe performed by them with Adam Lambert or someone else.

Post #: 32
RE: Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander - 28/6/2012 7:41:28 PM   
chris kilby

If they ever make a film of 50 Shades of Grey Ryan Reynolds could play about 40 of them. At least.

Post #: 33
RE: Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander - 29/6/2012 4:39:30 AM   
doubtlesswonder

Ryan Reynolds is not a bad actor at all. Yes, he's done some bad films- but who hasn't? He gets a lot of stick for Green Lantern, but every bad review I read had nothing but good things to say about him. All the criticism was aimed at the script, effects and Blake Lively. Anyone who doesn't think he can do the serious stuff should check out Buried or The Nines, which were both fantastic.

However, even as a HUGE fan of his, I'm not sure he's right for this. I've never seen the original the whole way through, but I know a little about it. Since he's one of my favourite actors, I'll most likely go and see it, but I fear that it's just going to be another film that gets him some bad press.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 34
RE: Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander - 29/6/2012 4:39:36 AM   
doubtlesswonder

Ryan Reynolds is not a bad actor at all. Yes, he's done some bad films- but who hasn't? He gets a lot of stick for Green Lantern, but every bad review I read had nothing but good things to say about him. All the criticism was aimed at the script, effects and Blake Lively. Anyone who doesn't think he can do the serious stuff should check out Buried or The Nines, which were both fantastic.

However, even as a HUGE fan of his, I'm not sure he's right for this. I've never seen the original the whole way through, but I know a little about it. Since he's one of my favourite actors, I'll most likely go and see it, but I fear that it's just going to be another film that gets him some bad press.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 35
RE: Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander - 29/6/2012 4:46:44 AM   
Lazarus munkey

He's a good actor and has the charisma for it but he doesn't look rugged enough. He's far too pretty.
Michael Fassbender would have been perfect.

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 36
RE: Ryan Reynolds is Highlander - 29/6/2012 1:36:30 PM   
Kev2012

I think Fassbender would make a great choice, but not as MacLeod though, but as the Kurgan.

Post #: 37
RE: Ryan Reynolds is Highlander - 29/6/2012 1:36:42 PM   
Kev2012

I think Fassbender would make a great choice, but not as MacLeod though, but as the Kurgan.

Post #: 38
RE: Ryan Reynolds is Highlander - 29/6/2012 1:36:58 PM   
Kev2012

Post #: 39
RE: Ryan Reynolds is Highlander - 29/6/2012 5:39:03 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Would like to to have seen Bale in this, Mcloud or Kurgen. Fassbender ? I like the the guy but no

(in reply to Kev2012)
Post #: 40
RE: RIP Highlander - 30/6/2012 12:47:09 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: wilfbiffherb

How does Ryan Reynolds keep getting work?!?!?! Is there any film he has touched that hasnt been crap??

Why doesh the shun come up? Or are the shtarsh jusht pinpricksh in the curtain of night? Who knowsh?

(in reply to wilfbiffherb)
Post #: 41
Soundtrack - 1/7/2012 9:23:10 PM   
Pallando42

Although I have a spooky feeling that this remake of Highlander will be naff, what really made the original so great - for me anyway - was the Queen soundtrack. They have to get the soundtrack right, I nominate Muse!!. Get rid of 'It's a Kind of Magic' but please please keep 'Princes of the Universe', write some new songs but leave Freddie (Mercury) to sing 'Who Wants to LIVe Forever'.

Post #: 42
Just get the fella who plays Robb Stark in GOT - 3/7/2012 1:19:34 PM   
MusicLovesYou

How fucking hard is that?!?! He's got the accent, he's got the acting chops, he's rugged and boyish at the same time (for a ginger). Surely he'd be a shiteside better as Mcleod. What about the Stath as the Kurgen? "There can be only one...you fackin' caaaaant!"

Post #: 43
RE: "This cannot be, it's the devil's work. " - 28/8/2012 11:22:41 AM   
Dannybohy

While I dont think Ryan is the worst choice and im a fan of alot of his work, even Greenlantern! :) BUT!  I think the role is perfect for a Colin Farrell, change the Scottish clan backstory to an Irish/celt clan, Colin can keep his own accent (always at his best that way), hes got the right unshaven/heavy brow look and personally I cant think of anyone better to deliver some of those lines " Its a kind of magic" etc. Seeing a zoom shot onto Farrells mug at the end of the movie , delivering the " There can be only one!!" line gives me wood thinking about it!.
I also think they should either keep the Who wants to live forever track, but the rest of the trakcs can be dropped as far sas Im concerned! with new tracks by MUSE or the like.  

As for Kurgen!! Been arguing this one with a friend for a while now (we agree on Farrell which is a rare agreement). I like Statham for it!
ffs dont let Bale anywhere near this!!.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 28/8/2012 11:24:21 AM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Easy Rider)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> "This cannot be, it's the devil's work. " Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI