Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander - 27/6/2012 2:55:36 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
I'll give it a miss - 27/6/2012 2:55:36 PM   
ronniem

WORST possible choice...Ryan Reynolds??? Really??? Is this April fools or something?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 27/6/2012 2:56:49 PM   
ronniem

not to mention having a Twilight writer on the writing team...geez

Post #: 3
- 27/6/2012 3:28:23 PM   
waltham1979

*in best Scottish/French/Belgium accent* "Whats your problem Reynolds?...you cruizin' for a piece of ass?"

Post #: 4
Bad decision - 27/6/2012 3:42:26 PM   
angelsmuse

This role requires more a bad ass kind of guy, and someone who can speak with Scottish accent.
Chris Hemsworth could have been a better choice, he's also good with a sword and can speak the accent.

Post #: 5
Bad decision - 27/6/2012 3:42:45 PM   
angelsmuse

This role requires more a bad ass kind of guy, and someone who can speak with Scottish accent.
Chris Hemsworth could have been a better choice, he's also good with a sword and can speak the accent.

Post #: 6
no no no - 27/6/2012 3:47:11 PM   
laiee92

there are no more original ideas in hollywood, now they just destroy films and more films...

Post #: 7
Dear Hollywood - 27/6/2012 3:57:18 PM   
loafroaster

Go suck a dick.

Yours,
Loafroaster.

Post #: 8
RIP Highlander - 27/6/2012 4:09:32 PM   
wilfbiffherb

How does Ryan Reynolds keep getting work?!?!?! Is there any film he has touched that hasnt been crap??

Post #: 9
What do you mean 'double dose'? - 27/6/2012 4:18:41 PM   
Nicky C

Starship Troopers came out in the late 90's.

Post #: 10
RE: Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander - 27/6/2012 4:28:52 PM   
chris kilby

Great, the poor man's Matthew McConnag- McConahey- McGonnagle- Killer Joe. Blandness personified and the latest lunk some suit has decided is going to be the next big thing while audiences beg to differ. It's not often I say this, but I really can't stand the guy. Nothing personal, Ryan mate, but you look like frickin George Dubya Bush! Are you related by any chance? (I know - I'd have changed my name too.) And your eyes are too close together.

Post #: 11
RE: Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander - 27/6/2012 4:38:16 PM   
chris kilby

Highlander's the most surreal film ever made, BTW. The Highlander in question is played by a Frenchman wit ze thick Fronch ack-zent while The Most Famous Living Scotsman EVERTM plays an Egyptian (!) with a Spanish name (!!) who - quel suprise! - not only shpeaksh with a Shcottish accent but uttersh the immortal line: "Haggish? What ish haggish...?"

As Frank Zappa said - Zoot Allures! Surreal isn't the word - Highlander's as crazy as a shit house rat! The only thing even remotely Scottish about bland old Ryan Reynolds is he's about as colourful and exciting as cold porridge.

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 12
RE: Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander - 27/6/2012 4:55:57 PM   
The Hooded Man

Why would you cast such clearly unsuitable actors as Gerard Butler / Kevin McKidd / Dougray Scott or Ewan McGregor when you can cast Ryan Reynolds to play a Scotsman?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 13
RE: Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander - 27/6/2012 4:59:30 PM   
chris kilby

Gerard Butler? "This. Is. SCOTLAND!!!"

(It's shite bein' Ryan Reynolds...)

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 27/6/2012 5:00:22 PM >

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 14
Thomas Jane? - 27/6/2012 5:18:44 PM   
natman_begins

But only because he looks a bit like Christopher Lambert.

Post #: 15
brill- but what of the score? - 27/6/2012 5:55:58 PM   
mclane1

great stuff, reynolds is always top value for money and will do a great job im sure. stop moaning everyone. more interesting is whether they keep the Queen score and who would cover it, my monies on Muse- now how cool would that be!!!

Post #: 16
IS NOTHING SACRED????? - 27/6/2012 6:03:20 PM   
alakabaz

Whilst the Highlander franchise is a mess and the original has aged worse than Lindsey Lohan on drugs, it's still a cult classic. Is Hollywood so devoid of ideas that it's just gonna remake every well known film of the last 30 years? If you're gonna remake something remake a shit film like Birdemic or Hostel

Post #: 17
Hollywood needs to understand there is a world outside ... - 27/6/2012 6:44:46 PM   
GALLYMOO

Unless Ryan Reynolds is from Nova scotia, I can understand but theres so many other good choices out there...but apart of me wants to see him master the scottish accent and show 'ha' 'emotion'...this guy is blander than his M&S adverts....

Post #: 18
Hollywood needs to understand there is a world outside ... - 27/6/2012 6:45:37 PM   
GALLYMOO

Unless Ryan Reynolds is from Nova scotia, I can understand but theres so many other good choices out there...but apart of me wants to see him master the scottish accent and show 'ha' 'emotion'...this guy is blander than his M&S adverts....

Post #: 19
Hollywood needs to understand there is a world outside ... - 27/6/2012 6:45:47 PM   
GALLYMOO

Post #: 20
Hollywood needs to understand there is a world outside ... - 27/6/2012 6:46:08 PM   
GALLYMOO

Post #: 21
Oh my days. - 27/6/2012 7:10:43 PM   
Tootled

Why the hell have the Iron Man writers teamed up with the Twilight: Breaking Wind writer?

Post #: 22
No dimesional - 27/6/2012 8:31:53 PM   
MaxRenn

Really hope this is in 3D...which will give me even more of a reason NOT TO GO AND SEE THIS!!!!!!

Post #: 23
RE: Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander - 27/6/2012 10:04:06 PM   
Shifty Bench

I actually like Reynolds but I don't think he's right for this role. The bad guy should be a quipster, not the hero. Gerard Butler would have been better, at least he has the accent.

Oh, and what's this 'double dose of 80's reboot news' nonsense? Starship Troopers was a (late) 90s film.....

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to MaxRenn)
Post #: 24
unbelievable - 27/6/2012 10:23:05 PM   
DustyOR

I haven't a clue what is happening in La la land
First they cast Cruise for Reacher and now this.
So, what's next?
These two are not even going to be on my DVD list

Post #: 25
Ermmmm - 27/6/2012 11:19:51 PM   
leemours84

GREEN LANTERN = Financial Flop
SAFE HOUSE = Moderate Success
THE PROPOSAL = Successful
X-MEN ORIGINS = Critical disater & Moderate success
THE CHANGE UP = Flop
BURIED = Flop
ADVENTURELAND = Critical Success, Financial flop
DEFINITLEY MAYBE = Flop
THE NINES = Flop
SMOKIN ACES = Flop, Critical okish
THE AMITYVILLE HORROR = Flop
BLADE TRINITY = Flop
VAN WILDER = Flop

Notice a particular pattern if they want a Franchise they've chosen a wrong star who isnt Bankable and the last film that was meant to be a franchise starter for him (Green Lantern) was lets face it a major disater.

Butler should have been cast nuff said.
Javier Badhem as Remeires
Fuck knows who for the Kurgen can we clone Clancey Brown and de age him?

Post #: 26
Hollywood needs to be shown - 28/6/2012 12:54:11 AM   
mike07800

Clearly Hollywood thinks it is acceptable to put unrelatable, metrosexual, 'leading' males in sacred man's man films, personally this is beginning to irritate me. Add a Twilight writer and they are clearly trying to attract teenage girls to films that traditionally they would have no interest in. Every self respecting male should boycot these films to show Hollywood we are sick of their profiteering, re-boots of old film franchises and pilfering of decent outside media (comics and books). They are ruining cinema. Sorry Ryan you're just too much of a douche

Post #: 27
"Nuns...no sense of humour!" - 28/6/2012 6:47:40 AM   
BenTramer

I saw the original Highlander in the cinema and then rented it on VHS, for that analogue indignity alone, I should decide who gets cast. My heart sank when I read Ryan Reynolds would be MacLeod. Something wrong about that. He's too Hollywood and will bring a lot of baggage that will stop him being the everyman that MacLeod should be.

Post #: 28
Highlander continues made of fail.... :( - 28/6/2012 9:57:06 AM   
Betafett

So, Lionsgate/Summit, your rape of the '80s continues unabated, even after the Conan the Barbarian remake worked out SOooooo well for your finances..

Well, just to make your Highlander remake. faît accompli of fail, I've got some interesting casting choices to match your level of competancy. Get this: as Ramirez you need Andy Dick, obviously. Tom Green as the Kurgan is also an inspired choice. And of course, you'll need your music biz tie-ins, so why not have Justin Beiber cover It's a kind of magic? And, oooooo! you must have Alyssa Reid cover Who wants to live forever? in her soaring emotive tones!

Post #: 29
Hmmmm! - 28/6/2012 12:40:34 PM   
dannyfletch

Well this decision does seem to be causing a bit of a stir and I can see why. Reynolds isn't a terrible actor but the problem here is his previous films haven't been the best scripts and certainly haven't been huge success'. There are plenty of very good English actors out there that would suit the part so why a Yank? I've always been a fan of the original but I'm not going to write this off and start slating it before I at least see a trailer. You never know, Reynolds could surprise us!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ryan Reynolds Is Highlander Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI