Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Indiana Jones And The Blu-Ray

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Indiana Jones And The Blu-Ray Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Indiana Jones And The Blu-Ray - 26/6/2012 6:18:32 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 26/6/2012 6:18:32 PM   
Histeria

Much as I love Young Indy, the SFX don't really stand up on DVD - they'd look awful on Blu Ray.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Box Set - 26/6/2012 7:19:21 PM   
Pep Streebeck

Please, someone tell Señor Spielbergo to release this in an Ark of The Covenant style box set.

Post #: 3
There's only 3.. - 26/6/2012 7:54:19 PM   
vicandbob

There are only 3 Indy movies.. THAT IS ALL!!!

Post #: 4
- 27/6/2012 12:32:28 AM   
Whistler

This is getting punished when it comes out.

Post #: 5
About time! - 27/6/2012 10:29:05 AM   
dannyfletch

It's been too long a wait for this release and by the sounds of things I think it has been worth it. Crystal Skull is certainly the weakest of the bunch but I would still give it a watch on a rainy day. Raiders is without doubt the best of the bunch closely followed by Last Crusade. It'll be interesting to see the uncut version of Temple of Doom.

Post #: 6
RE: Box Set - 30/6/2012 9:08:50 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pep Streebeck

Please, someone tell Seņor Spielbergo to release this in an Ark of The Covenant style box set.

He will. But you won't be able to look at it.

(in reply to Pep Streebeck)
Post #: 7
RE: There's only 3.. - 30/6/2012 9:11:39 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: vicandbob

There are only 3 Indy movies.. THAT IS ALL!!!

That's four movies, Sallah. Can't you count?

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 30/6/2012 9:30:17 PM >

(in reply to vicandbob)
Post #: 8
RE: About time! - 30/6/2012 9:29:14 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyfletch

It's been too long a wait for this release and by the sounds of things I think it has been worth it. Crystal Skull is certainly the weakest of the bunch but I would still give it a watch on a rainy day. Raiders is without doubt the best of the bunch closely followed by Last Crusade. It'll be interesting to see the uncut version of Temple of Doom.

You'll be amazed at just how much was cut. I got the Region 1 DVD boxset just so I could finally see the uncut version and was surprised at just how brutal Temple of Doom is. It's still the most underrated Indy flick. And the funniest. Especially whenever Kate Capshaw deflates The Ultimate Hero's ego. How the future Mrs S didn't become a huge star off the back of this has always amazed me - she shoulda been Meg Ryan before Meg Ryan. That nightclub punch-up is classic slapstick and I've always loved the incongruously bonkers Busby Berkley number at the start - I still think Spielberg'll make a musical some day! Heck, even the cute kid wasn't annoying.

It used to be fashionable to diss Temple of Doom. Heck, even Spielberg got in on the act! But after a decade of disappointing Matrix and Pirates sequels, Temple of Doom looks like The Empire Strikes Back!

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 9
RE: About time! - 2/7/2012 2:06:09 PM   
chuiching0806

Crystal Skull is certainly the weakest of the bunch [img]http://www.avufo.info/g.gif[/img]

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Indiana Jones And The Blu-Ray Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI