Loose Cannons (1990)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Loose Cannons (1990) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loose Cannons (1990) - 26/6/2012 3:34:17 PM   
Phubbs

Looking for an interesting combination in casting? well look no further, Dan Aykroyd, Gene Hackman and Dom Deluise head this cop buddy flick. This film followed on from the popularity of the 'Lethal Weapon' franchise as did many others of the era and they are all pretty much the same. The unique carrot on a stick here is the casting really.

It certainly is an interesting choice, 80's motor mouthed quirky comedy legend Aykroyd, hard assed no nonsense Hackman and farcical spoof maestro Deluise (of the Mel Brooks/Gene Wilder spoof pack) all thrown together. This is the films downfall basically, the three leads are totally incompatible and never gel.

The film is your usual regular mismatched cop duo comedy/thriller with all the regular mismatched cop duo moments and sequences you would expect. Action is slow (with Deluise it has to be) and uninspiring and the attempted funny moments are just poor. Aykroyd is suppose to have a multiple personality disorder which you would think could be comedy gold...it isn't, its embarrassing to watch.

Pretty much a complete failure on all aspects, Hackman just doesn't fit into this kind of lunacy and it shows. Tries to be along the same lines as 'See No Evil, Hear No Evil' with Wilder and Pryor but doesn't come close.
Post #: 1
RE: Loose Cannons (1990) - 26/6/2012 8:02:59 PM   
Vitamin F

Here's a blast from the past...the only thing I solidly remember from my one and only viewing (when it first came out on video) is that at the time it was the worst film I'd ever seen.
Couldn't understand how or why Hackman got involved in such a turd.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 2
RE: Loose Cannons (1990) - 26/6/2012 8:13:24 PM   
Phubbs

I specialize in blasts from the past

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Loose Cannons (1990) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI