Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Holidays 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Holidays 2013 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Holidays 2013 - 23/1/2013 7:00:23 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

I'm going backpacking again this year to South America, where the plan is to leave in May to fly to Buenos Aires, travel across Argentina to the west coast and work my way up through Chile, Bolivia, Peru (Inca Trail, Machu Picchu) and Columbia before making my way back down the Amazon and leaving from Rio to fly to Barcelona, where I'll see the sights before going to Madrid and then home. Excited but also pooping my pants a bit.

That sounds awesome, I am green with jealousy and as long as you're the one doing your own washing, I think that reaction is expected/allowed.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 61
RE: Holidays 2013 - 27/1/2013 12:43:19 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

We chose December to a) avoid hurrican season/too hot weather but early enough to avoid Christmas there and be back in plenty of time for it.

To be honest we're looking most forward to doing absolutely f-all and have paid a little extra to ensure the room/resort is all-encompassing.

I'm sure she'd tell you its me that would need the extra card...

Few resorts that I have experienced have been as all-encompassing as Cancun If you're staying in the resort for the week and don't intend to stray too far, someone will probably suggest a trip to the market (think it was called Market 47 or something like that) in the old town. My advice is don't. There's nothing in it that you can't get for the same price in the resort, plus there are quite a few dodgy characters hanging around it who tend to follow you around paying close attention to what you're buying. If you do want to get out of the resort for the day, then check out Xcaret and make sure you stay for the incredible show they put on in the evening

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 62
RE: Holidays 2013 - 28/1/2013 7:30:43 AM   
UTB

Thanks for the tip

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 63
RE: Holidays 2013 - 28/1/2013 10:36:12 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Taking the little uns on their first holiday abroad this year. Going to Corfu for two weeks in October (so it's not too hot for them!) and really looking forward to it.

As for anything else I'm not sure, I'm toying with the idea of spending a few days just outside London somewhere so I can go into London and visit Legoland/Windsor Castle etc.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 64
RE: Holidays 2013 - 29/1/2013 8:45:02 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Taking the little uns on their first holiday abroad this year. Going to Corfu for two weeks in October (so it's not too hot for them!) and really looking forward to it.

As for anything else I'm not sure, I'm toying with the idea of spending a few days just outside London somewhere so I can go into London and visit Legoland/Windsor Castle etc.

YFU ON KAVOS UNCOVERED!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 65
RE: Holidays 2012 - 11/2/2013 8:22:32 AM   
joysingh

i spend my holiday my Goa with my family and i do full enjoy...

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 66
RE: Holidays 2013 - 11/2/2013 10:14:44 AM   
Sinatra

Seriously thinking of booking something up for next week... sick of this friggin weather. Off to Rhodes on May.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 67
RE: Holidays 2013 - 6/3/2013 7:59:35 PM   
gingerdaniel

Woohoo USA is booked, flying to Las Vegas, then driving down to LA, then up to San Francisco then flying over to New York then home! 3 weeks off in one go... 220 days until we fly out.... Just need to book some hotels...

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 68
RE: Holidays 2013 - 7/3/2013 10:10:02 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

Woohoo USA is booked, flying to Las Vegas, then driving down to LA, then up to San Francisco then flying over to New York then home! 3 weeks off in one go... 220 days until we fly out.... Just need to book some hotels...

I've done that drive a few times, I'd definitely recommend taking in a bit more of California if you can take the time out. The drive from LA to San Francisco is lovely, some nice spots in wine country, we stayed in Solvang for a bit. From San Francisco we drove over to Lake Tahoe and down to Yosemite which is amazing, definitely recommend it. A lot of driving and motel 6-ing but it's great.

Hotel wise in Vegas, I've stayed at The Bellagio, The Venetian, both cracking hotels but expensive and the Luxor and the Trump tower(?) which are at opposite ends of the strip and a bit lower down class wise but still nice.

New York is New York, always great.

Sounds like a great trip, well jealous.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 7/3/2013 10:14:10 AM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 69
RE: Holidays 2013 - 7/3/2013 2:08:05 PM   
Magenta

Similair trip for me,flying to San Fran in may,have four nights booked there and then drive to Monteray and Carmel.
A must see visit to Hearst Castle which I have to say is the one thing I am most excited about.
Then drive to Vegas for 4 nights, booked in at The New York New York .
After that Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon with a drive up through Death Valley to Yosemite for a few more nights till we fly back again from San Fran.
3 weeks in all, so very excited,havn't had a family fly drive holiday for about 7 years when we all went to British Columbia.
Just done our Esta's, more money making for the powers that be !

< Message edited by Magenta -- 7/3/2013 2:11:43 PM >

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Holidays 2013 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI