Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

How much of Empire UK's content is actually compiled in the UK?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> How much of Empire UK's content is actually compiled in the UK? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How much of Empire UK's content is actually compiled in... - 22/6/2012 3:19:08 PM   
Blink_12

How much is the monthly version of Empire UK compiled and written in the London office and how much of the magazine is content from the US edition?

I'm asking because I always thought the whole thing was done in the UK, but looking on the website yesterday to download the US ipad edition there is a lot of the same content such as the Django Unchained Slate, On Location with Breaking Dawn Part 3 and the big Dark Knight Rises feature.

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: How much of Empire UK's content is actually compile... - 22/6/2012 3:37:43 PM   
elab49

Isn't Empire UK the home magazine and US just an offshoot of that?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Blink_12)
Post #: 2
RE: How much of Empire UK's content is actually compile... - 25/6/2012 4:19:35 PM   
The Bantam Menace

Judging by the amount of times "gotten" and "period" and other American-isms are used in the magazine you'd think the whole thing was written in America!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3
RE: How much of Empire UK's content is actually compile... - 25/6/2012 4:44:37 PM   
Nick de Semlyen

The US edition is basically the UK edition, but with reviews sections tailored for the US market (more Tyler Perry movies, Criterion Blu-rays, etc)...

"I'm wearing a lead breastplate!"

(in reply to The Bantam Menace)
Post #: 4
RE: How much of Empire UK's content is actually compile... - 25/6/2012 4:45:50 PM   
Nick de Semlyen

And Bantam Menace, I think you've gotten the wrong end of the stick. We're British through and through. Period.

"I'm wearing a lead breastplate!"

(in reply to Nick de Semlyen)
Post #: 5
RE: How much of Empire UK's content is actually compile... - 26/6/2012 8:54:21 AM   
The Bantam Menace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nick de Semlyen

And Bantam Menace, I think you've gotten the wrong end of the stick. We're British through and through. Period.

Surely you mean thru and thru?

(in reply to Nick de Semlyen)
Post #: 6
RE: How much of Empire UK's content is actually compile... - 16/7/2012 10:06:23 AM   
yanchang0202

I think you've gotten the wrong end of the stick. We're British through and through. Period.

(in reply to The Bantam Menace)
Post #: 7
RE: How much of Empire UK's content is actually compile... - 24/9/2012 2:15:11 PM   
Chris Hewitt

And you can take that to the bank!

Silly Empire man who asks BORING questions!

(in reply to yanchang0202)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> How much of Empire UK's content is actually compiled in the UK? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI