Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Charles Bronson - Death Wish

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> Charles Bronson - Death Wish Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 21/6/2012 3:35:25 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Does anyone know if there's a set of these movies - uncut - available to purchase. Without having to re-mortgage, I mean.

I seem to recall that 1&2 were really horrific, don't remember anything about 3 but 4&5 were just like Urban-Rambo movies - ultra-80s hype and cartoon violence.

Urban Rambo... that's a good name for a band.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/
Post #: 1
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 22/6/2012 1:00:41 PM   
great_badir

Quite why anyone would want the entire series (the first one is barely breaking average) is beyond me, but each to their own...

The only one not readily available (in any country, as far as I know) uncut is 2. All the others are uncut and can be found on Amazon.

3 is a guilty pleasure of mine, but only in a so-hilariously-bad-it's-good way. 4 and 5 are basically more of the same, but even cheaper in look, feel and execution, with both of them coming across as really bad made-for-TV clag.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 2
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 22/6/2012 1:05:44 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Thanks so much - there seems to be so much Death Wish out there, I couldn't work out what was cut, what region was what...

Finally, some clarity - you're a legend, thanks so much.

My reasoning - well, I really can't remember much about them - but I DO remember them, so I thought a rewatch was in order.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 3
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 22/6/2012 3:59:22 PM   
rubadub

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

Quite why anyone would want the entire series (the first one is barely breaking average) is beyond me, but each to their own...

The only one not readily available (in any country, as far as I know) uncut is 2. All the others are uncut and can be found on Amazon.

3 is a guilty pleasure of mine, but only in a so-hilariously-bad-it's-good way. 4 and 5 are basically more of the same, but even cheaper in look, feel and execution, with both of them coming across as really bad made-for-TV clag.

Genuinely one of the funniest films that isn't supposed to be.Makes a great double bill with Commando.

Post #: 4
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 25/6/2012 1:15:31 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield
My reasoning - well, I really can't remember much about them - but I DO remember them, so I thought a rewatch was in order.

You might want to save your money and wait until they are next on TV - 5USA (or 5* - I can't remember which) shows all five of them on rotation quite often and, again, apart from 2, completely uncut.

Even though they are not horrendously expensive on DVD, I still don't think they're worth the money.

rubadub - I wish there was a mail order rocket launcher company in the UK!

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 5
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 25/6/2012 1:20:34 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Thanks man, I may well do that!

www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 6
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 25/6/2012 2:31:40 PM   
Discodez

There's a dutch DVD of Death Wish 2 which according to some of the more recent reviews on Amazon is uncut.

Post #: 7
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 25/6/2012 3:22:19 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Nice one, thanks man :-)

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 8
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 2/7/2012 2:00:28 PM   
chuiching0806

I still don't think they're worth the money.

Post #: 9
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 2/7/2012 3:37:27 PM   
Rgirvan44

One of the best New Years Day I ever had was watching the DW films back to back and drinking the whole way through them. DW3 hit just at the right point and was an amazing viewing experience.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to chuiching0806)
Post #: 10
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 2/7/2012 4:37:55 PM   
shatnerhamster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

There's a dutch DVD of Death Wish 2 which according to some of the more recent reviews on Amazon is uncut.

Even the Dutch dvd has material missing. It does have footage not included in some of the other releases, but it's not uncut.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 11
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 3/7/2012 9:03:06 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Wow, it must be pretty hectic then.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to shatnerhamster)
Post #: 12
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 3/7/2012 12:47:32 PM   
great_badir

Yeah, there are effectively two versions of Death Wish 2 - there's one (released for the US and UK markets) which includes the violent scenes fully uncut but misses out a few minutes of extra scenes and some dialogue (nothing earth shattering if memory serves). The other one (released for the rest of the world) includes the violent scenes completely uncut, but loses the additional scenes and dialogue. As far as I'm aware there is no currently available fully uncut version of the film, nor has there ever been.

I have not seen the Dutch region 2 DVD (which it seems is now out of print), but it does feature all of the violent scenes completely uncut. What I don't know is whether or not it included the additional scenes and dialogue as found in the US/UK version. I assume not and that it was just the same cut released elsewhere.

It's still rubbish, though.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 13
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 3/7/2012 12:49:02 PM   
Russ Whitfield

I'll order them on pay-day!

www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 14
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 3/7/2012 1:47:23 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir
Yeah, there are effectively two versions of Death Wish 2 - there's one (released for the US and UK markets) which includes the violent scenes fully uncut but misses out a few minutes of extra scenes and some dialogue (nothing earth shattering if memory serves). The other one (released for the rest of the world) includes the violent scenes completely uncut, but loses the additional scenes and dialogue. As far as I'm aware there is no currently available fully uncut version of the film, nor has there ever been.

Heh - let me correct myself there:

The US/UK one has the violent scenes CUT (one of the rape scenes has an alternative climax [no sick pun intended there] and is VERY heavily cut) but includes the additional (non violent) scenes and dialogue.

The rest-of-world one has the violent scenes fully uncut, but omits the additional (non violent) scenes and dialogue.

Both versions, individually, are pretty easy to get hold of, though you might have to pay a premium for the rest-of-world version.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 15
RE: Charles Bronson - Death Wish - 4/7/2012 9:40:51 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Premium... *le sigh*

www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> Charles Bronson - Death Wish Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI