Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:11:31 PM   
Cruisecontroller

I give up!

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16249288

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5
Post #: 1
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:15:12 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

Scientists found that more than seven cups a day raised the chances of men developing the disease by 50%.

People really drink that much tea a day?

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 2
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:17:28 PM   
adambatman82

Everything gives you cancer. This seems as perfect a place as any to link this.

The Daily Mail's list of things that give you cancer. http://hellokinsella.posterous.com/the-daily-mail-list-of-things-that-give-you-c

Post #: 3
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:18:36 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

Scientists found that more than seven cups a day raised the chances of men developing the disease by 50%.

Piles. And my brother. Tho neither likes their men or their tea black as far as i'm aware.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 4
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:22:00 PM   
matty_b

I take my tea black when offered, but usually have green tea for myself in the house or at work.

I couldn't drink more than three cups a day, though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:23:32 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

quote:

Piles. And my brother. Tho neither likes their men or their tea black as far as i'm aware.

They are aware that other beverages exist?

Where the hell is Piles anyway? Still living the kitchen sink dream?

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 6
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:27:34 PM   
Rebenectomy

We ran out of coffee last week and the tea intake has sky rocketed - I've had at least six cups already today.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 7
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:31:27 PM   
rawlinson

I've never understood the fascination with tea. And for some reason it being called a cuppa sets my teeth on edge. Almost down there with baked bean sauce being called juice. I realise I'm the only person who gets annoyed by those things.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 8
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:33:51 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

The Daily Mail's list of things that give you cancer. http://hellokinsella.posterous.com/the-daily-mail-list-of-things-that-give-you-c

I don`t know about that but I guess their finding out all the time about new possible cancergenics but some (not tea) are unavoidable like sunlight and natural radiation for example. We can never lead a perfect healthy life but on one hand I suppose we can try and be as healthy as possible but it gets a bit much when you can`t have a cup of tea (unless its green) without that being a health hazard too....apparently. It`s probably something else in the mens lifestyle that`s a common factor not tea....like oxygen!

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 9
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:45:15 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

I must drink 6-7 cups of tea a daily easily, and they're pretty big cups too.

Is it Friday already?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 10
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:49:24 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

Reading the paper and its website can give you cancer.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 11
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:49:45 PM   
Woger

What if you drink 7 cups while being on facebook, surely that must give you the plague?

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 12
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 2:57:03 PM   
elab49

Fortunately I don't drink tea or coffee.

Does it say what happens to you if you have, um, several cans of Irn Bru a day?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 13
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 3:07:13 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

You're already Scottish, its worst curse can't harm you.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 14
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 3:09:06 PM   
MonsterCat

I would probably kill myself if it was revealed that wanking can also give you cancer.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 15
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 3:15:52 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

It would still be worth it.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 16
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 3:17:58 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

Worst. Curse.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 17
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 3:21:21 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Worst. Curse.

Remember C.U. Jimmy? That's what happens to non-Scots.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 18
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 3:34:29 PM   
boaby

Tea is for people who are wrong.

Back when tea was just the latest means by which to exploit colonies an elite family in Scotland purchased a case of tea leaves. Completely clueless as to how to consume this delicacy they wrapped a Salmon in the leaves and steamed it. The result was highly unsatisfactory.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 19
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 3:38:45 PM   
Spaldron

I accidentally read the thread title as 'Black Sea', assuming now swimming gives you cancer.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 20
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 3:42:40 PM   
steffols

People who drink their tea black are wrong.

I usually have about three cups of tea a day. I never drank it until I moved down South but it's about the only thing that wakes me up in the morning and I like to have a cup at about 8pm after dinner.

I don't think I'll be worrying about this one.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 21
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 4:15:30 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Cracking one off reduces the risk of prostate cancer - every time you drink a tea, have a wank to negate the teabag. If you are on the nasty side you can combine the two pastimes to make a cream tea

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 22
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 4:44:45 PM   
Hood_Man

They might as well just get it out of the way and say "Too much stuff gives you cancer."

Not quite sure if I'm sold on your idea though Fluke, the amount of black tea I drink my cock might disappear in a cloud of black smoke

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 23
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 5:06:05 PM   
sanchia

It is the Devil's Brew. I was right all along!

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 24
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 6:54:34 PM   
Hood_Man

According to this video, drinking Earl Grey (among other foods and beverages) tea reduces the risk:

http://www.ted.com/talks/william_li.html

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 25
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 7:22:38 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I would probably kill myself if it was revealed that wanking can also give you cancer.

You're in luck.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3072021.stm

< Message edited by adambatman82 -- 19/6/2012 7:24:55 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 26
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 7:27:56 PM   
elab49

And what are you going to do once he gives himself RSI?

quote:

Post #: 27
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 7:41:41 PM   
MonsterCat

I'm never going to get cancer YAY!

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 28
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 7:48:42 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

Where the hell is Piles anyway? Still living the kitchen sink dream?

He's always busy these days with his "life" and his "job" and his "girlfriend". He occasionally texts me Morrissey lyrics though, and points me to Orson Welles related things on the internet which is nice.

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Pretttty much. My boss does it at work and I just find it a bit weird really. I get why you would drink black coffee (though i don't because it tastes awful) but I just don't really understand with tea.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29
RE: Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! - 19/6/2012 8:04:06 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Pretttty much. My boss does it at work and I just find it a bit weird really. I get why you would drink black coffee (though i don't because it tastes awful) but I just don't really understand with tea.

The black tea being referred to in the article isn't tea with no milk in it is it? I though "black tea" was the proper name for the sort of tea most people drink every day.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Too Much Black Tea Increases Prostate Cancer Risk! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI