Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Hans Zimmer Scores Man Of Steel Gig

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Hans Zimmer Scores Man Of Steel Gig Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hans Zimmer Scores Man Of Steel Gig - 19/6/2012 9:20:40 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
If you search on YouTube - 19/6/2012 9:20:40 AM   
Noelg25

for a video done by a guy called CK61938, you'll find it was he who in fact called it back in Oct 2010 to have Hans to do the score for Man Of Steel. Even tho later that year in Dec, Hans played down the rumour that he would score the movie. And now we have this.

I am happy that Hans will finally score Man Of Steel. We have some amazing movie composers out there, but right now, Zimmer is the top man.

As for that video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_5hT3sBnFo

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: If you search on YouTube - 19/6/2012 10:20:12 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Despite the fact that I'm in the "Keep the John Williams theme" camp, I can't help but breathe a huge sigh of relief that the Zim will be taking care of this and not Tyler Bates. Don't get me wrong... Bates is good, but I always worry that there will be the crunch of heavy guitars where they're not needed. I'm a Manowar fan, but even so, there's a time and a place for Metal - and a Superman theme ain't it.

Other than that, its almost always appropriate.

But no - Come on the Hans. Come on the Zimmer!

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Noelg25)
Post #: 3
Old news, surely. - 19/6/2012 10:33:28 AM   
Mad Dog Tannen

I remember reading an interview with Zimmer a year ago in which he talked about his approach to writing the theme, and how it will be nothing like John Williams'. Anyway, I have to say he's quite a boring choice given that al film music these days sounds like Hans Zimmer, even every movie trailer sounds like it has Hans Zimmer all over it!

Post #: 4
Will this be the only new element to this movie! - 19/6/2012 11:30:34 AM   
Dannybohy

Given that this move does not appear to be giving us anything new! (the plot looks similiar to Superman 2). Im suprised they havent just kept the William theme!.
then again! even if the movie did look set to be something new! (god fobid!) Id still say keep the Williams theme, nooone is going to better that theme for any superman fan.

Post #: 5
a darker theme for a darker edgier superman.... - 19/6/2012 6:40:12 PM   
GALLYMOO

surely the last son of krypton should have a less than rousing score this time round...we need to see the longing for ka-el to be excepted....ottman had no enthusiasm and regurgitated williams iconic score to a film that tried and failed to emulate donner's vision. Hopefully we could put Snyder's Man of Steel next to Nolan's great masterpiece trilogy!!!! Here's hoping!

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Hans Zimmer Scores Man Of Steel Gig Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI