Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

mission impossible III

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> mission impossible III Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
mission impossible III - 17/6/2012 8:40:40 PM   
moviebuff73

watched mission impossible III again last night & it's an excellent movie. action, suspence, emotion, easily the best of the series.
Post #: 1
RE: mission impossible III - 2/9/2012 12:08:41 AM   
max314

Entertaining while it lasted, but you're left feeling distinctly cold once it's finished.

The Lindsey Farris character is utterly forgotten by the end, completely unmentioned after the one hour mark, despite her being Ethan's primary motivation for the entire story. It just ends with all smiles.

< Message edited by max314 -- 2/9/2012 12:09:44 AM >

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to moviebuff73)
Post #: 2
RE: mission impossible III - 3/9/2012 9:22:29 PM   
Cool Breeze

I agree its easily the best of the series.Fast paced,action packed,and Philip Seymour Hoffman is a fantastic villain.

MI:4 is a close second.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 3
RE: mission impossible III - 4/9/2012 10:54:17 AM   
Whistler

MI1 is the best in the series, but I like 3 & 4 a lot. Not so keen on 2.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 4
RE: mission impossible III - 4/9/2012 12:53:00 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

I agree its easily the best of the series.Fast paced,action packed,and Philip Seymour Hoffman is a fantastic villain.

MI:4 is a close second.

It is the best of the series but don't think that is really saying much. Hoffman is great.

2 was awful, one decent, have not seen the latest.

Post #: 5
RE: mission impossible III - 4/9/2012 1:15:12 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Part 4 is the best hands down. Part 3 has its moments but waaaaay too much of the movie is spent on the completely tedious relationship between Cruise and Monaghan. IMO the action ends up few and far between these long and uninteresting stretches.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 6
RE: mission impossible III - 4/9/2012 4:04:04 PM   
jobloffski

In the face to face scenes between Tom Cruise and Phillip Seymour Hoffman, with the spite being spewed at the hero and his furious defiance in the face of the threats being made, is the promise of a particular kind of film the rest of M:I3 spectacularly FAILS to deliver.

JJ Abrams at his most anodyne and laboured, in all scenes but those referred to above.

Hanging the entire emotional content of the film on the con-the-audience trick involving the masks is almost unforgivable.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 4/9/2012 4:23:16 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 7
RE: mission impossible III - 4/9/2012 4:09:39 PM   
NCC1701A

was not a fan of the first film liked  MI 2 have still not seen Mission Impossible 3 yet but was not a fan of part 4 at all.  

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 8
RE: mission impossible III - 4/9/2012 6:15:01 PM   
rich

I never really like any of them except Ghost Protocol... is there a law of increasing returns?

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 9
RE: mission impossible III - 4/9/2012 11:08:03 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Part 4 is the best hands down. Part 3 has its moments but waaaaay too much of the movie is spent on the completely tedious relationship between Cruise and Monaghan. IMO the action ends up few and far between these long and uninteresting stretches.

I seem to recall you not rating MI:4 that highly on release.Did you change your mind about it when you watched it on Blu Ray?

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 10
RE: mission impossible III - 4/9/2012 11:40:48 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Yes i totally changed my mind on it. I didnt dislike it when i saw it at the cinema, was just a bit underwhelmed, however a second viewing completely changed my opinion on it and i think it's pretty awesome now!

Post #: 11
RE: mission impossible III - 4/9/2012 11:50:10 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

Yes i totally changed my mind on it. I didnt dislike it when i saw it at the cinema, was just a bit underwhelmed, however a second viewing completely changed my opinion on it and i think it's pretty awesome now!

So i guess theres hope for the Dark Knight trilogy yet right DK?

Post #: 12
RE: mission impossible III - 5/9/2012 1:45:22 AM   
max314

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

MI1 is the best in the series...

Agreed.

The Cold War espionage thriller atmosphere, the constant sense of foreboding and threat, the tight plot turns, the masterful heist centerpiece, the satisfying finalé, the cast, DePalma, Towne...and oodles of style.

I'd rank Ghost Protocol second, followed by M:I-3, with M:I-2 standing way back in line.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 13
RE: mission impossible III - 5/9/2012 7:04:56 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

So i guess theres hope for the Dark Knight trilogy yet right DK?

Ha ha, ummmm probably not. I've seen BB twice and really dont like it and have seen TDK about 3 times and think its just OK. But hey, stranger things have happened!

Post #: 14
RE: mission impossible III - 5/9/2012 6:26:21 PM   
ace14

Fully agreed that MI 1 is the best so far.

Wish MI:3 could have been the sequel rather than a third film. I believe with the emotional context given to the characters by the writers and the direction that it would have been a better sequel than MI:2

I think what has really hurt this film series is the change of technology available to the general public/audience (broadband, wikipedia, facebook etc) between 1999 and 2006 changed massively. The public were no longer influenced by news reports and new-papers but were seeking out information about world affairs on there own, so the world didn't become so secret a la MI:1

MI:GP addressed some of those issues with the general audience but its still a stretch to believe that Tim Bisley can hack any system in the world when I can only view him as a Resident Evil playing nerd x

The Dredd thread is sucking my will to live

My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> mission impossible III Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI