Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Avengers Assemble

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Avengers Assemble Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Avengers Assemble - 5/9/2012 12:09:58 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

I'll be importing the US blu ray because I don't want a second rate no commentary blu ray. I'll be severely pissed if it's region locked.

Then you are shit out of luck as it is indeed region locked.

Not according to these sites- click and click, but they could be wrong

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 31
RE: Avengers Assemble - 5/9/2012 12:41:41 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Vad3r, if you're going to help out the Mods we'd be grateful if you'd not quote the offending site - it makes removal more difficult if we have to search through posts (this is the same request we make to all posters in relation to spam).†

Sorry boss, I'm still a rookie to this whole assistant mod position. I promise to work tirelessly and uphold the laws of our Empire to the highest of standards. Will you please put in a good word to the powers that be and make vad3r mod for 2013?

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 32
RE: Avengers Assemble - 5/9/2012 7:06:56 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

So how does one go about listening to this commentary?

Get a multi region player. Like me! I'll be importing the US release at some point.

However i have heard nothing about this being locked.

< Message edited by DONOVAN KURTWOOD -- 5/9/2012 7:07:36 AM >

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 33
RE: Avengers Assemble - 11/9/2012 11:33:42 PM   
Zzebedee

I just randomly checked my pre order status on zavvi and my box set is showing as dispatched. Which is nice

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 34
RE: Avengers Assemble - 13/9/2012 7:46:45 PM   
rich

Can anyone confirm or deny whether the box set with the movis leading up to this has all the same extras?

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Zzebedee)
Post #: 35
RE: Avengers Assemble - 13/9/2012 7:50:23 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Can anyone confirm or deny whether the box set with the movis leading up to this has all the same extras?

I'd say so but cant be sure. Im pretty sure the Thor and Cap movies are the 3D versions. Avengers will still be missing the commentary and hour and a half doc that sainsburys has

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 36
RE: Avengers Assemble - 13/9/2012 11:46:19 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

I'd say so but cant be sure. Im pretty sure the Thor and Cap movies are the 3D versions. Avengers will still be missing the commentary and hour and a half doc that sainsburys has

I don't think that it does actually. It's 6 discs according to amazon, which means its missing the extra features discs from both Iron Man 1 and 2. The list of extras here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvels-The-Avengers-6-Disc-Blu-ray/dp/B0089TNZ2E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347576101&sr=8-3) suggests that thats the case too. I'm fairly sure the 3D versions were on seperate discs in the initial releases of Thor and Cap too, which leads me think they're not included either.

Post #: 37
RE: Avengers Assemble - 13/9/2012 11:48:00 PM   
adambatman82

I've decided to go for the Sainsburys exclusive. Steelbooks do nothing for me, and I'm not a fan of Whedon so can live without his commentary. Nectar points mean that the disc is essentially free too!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 38
RE: Avengers Assemble - 13/9/2012 11:50:54 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

quote:

I don't think that it does actually. It's 6 discs according to amazon, which means its missing the extra features discs from both Iron Man 1 and 2. The list of extras here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvels-The-Avengers-6-Disc-Blu-ray/dp/B0089TNZ2E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347576101&sr=8-3) suggests that thats the case too. I'm fairly sure the 3D versions were on seperate discs in the initial releases of Thor and Cap too, which leads me think they're not included either.

Ah i see. I was going by what the US set (now delayed) supposedly has, which i thought were the 3D releases. That's a shame that the UK (again) seems to be getting less content. I've got Thor and Cap 3D and you're absolutely right about the 3D being on separate discs.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 39
RE: Avengers Assemble - 13/9/2012 11:58:42 PM   
rich

Dissapointing, besides Iron Man (1) I didn't buy the others, and I like the makings of type stuff.

Meanwhile...

Post #: 40
RE: Avengers Assemble - 13/9/2012 11:58:51 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

quote:

Get a multi region player. Like me! I'll be importing the US release at some point.

The US 4 disc set (all the extras, and 3D disc) is indeed REGION FREE.

DVDBeaver confirmed so yesterday.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-ray_reviews57/marvels_the_avengers_blu-ray.htm

Post #: 41
RE: Avengers Assemble - 17/9/2012 9:35:52 PM   
fiercehairdo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

I'll be importing the US blu ray because I don't want a second rate no commentary blu ray. I'll be severely pissed if it's region locked.

Then you are shit out of luck as it is indeed region locked.

Not according to these sites- click and click, but they could be wrong

Yeah, but all the Amazon.com links from those very sights say it is Region A/1 - i.e. region blocked in Europe. Which sucks beyon belief. Why are we being shafted like this?? Greedy bastards just want us to shell out twice but treat US audiences with respect.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 42
RE: Avengers Assemble - 17/9/2012 9:39:40 PM   
fiercehairdo

quote:

quote:

quote:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-ray_reviews57/marvels_the_avengers_blu-ray.htm

Are you sure of this? Amazon says it is Region A/1 (non-Europe)... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KVZ6HK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001KVZ6HK&linkCode=as2&tag=filmick-20
Hope they're wrong and you're right but how do we confirm...? Trying to avoid having to pay twice...

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 43
RE: Avengers Assemble - 17/9/2012 9:41:43 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I wonder if anything will come of this?:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a406506/disney-under-fire-after-uk-avengers-assemble-dvd-blu-ray-release.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter

Disney UK have technically released an unclassified version of the movie it seems.

(in reply to fiercehairdo)
Post #: 44
RE: Avengers Assemble - 17/9/2012 10:41:38 PM   
Workshed

Sooooo, just to recap; the UK blu ray version gets called "Avengers Assemble", then loses the commentary, drops the 98 min doc from the US release (except in Sainsburys), doesn't have the Shawarma scene and is now CUT?!

Buuulllllshit Mr. Han, Man!
Fuck you Disney!

< Message edited by Workshed -- 17/9/2012 10:58:29 PM >

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

Post #: 45
RE: Avengers Assemble - 17/9/2012 10:54:21 PM   
pablodiabloescobar

So even the 3D blu ray has no 90 minute documentary?

< Message edited by pablodiabloescobar -- 17/9/2012 11:00:45 PM >

Rapture
Waiting to capture that moment
Postponement
Suspension of rational movement
So bang on the hour of twelve
To the forest clearing we'll delve
With guns to our heads for we know
That heaven awaits us

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 46
RE: Avengers Assemble - 17/9/2012 11:03:32 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: pablodiabloescobar

So even the 3D blu ray has no 90 minute documentary?

No documentary, no commentary, no naked Whedon, nothing.

US blu ray all the way for this one.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to pablodiabloescobar)
Post #: 47
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 7:23:46 AM   
Workshed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Workshed

Sooooo, just to recap; the UK blu ray version gets called "Avengers Assemble", then loses the commentary, drops the 98 min doc from the US release (except in Sainsburys), doesn't have the Shawarma scene and is now CUT?!

Buuulllllshit Mr. Han, Man!
Fuck you Disney!

I stand corrected, i checked my Sainsburys blu ray and it is there but the spear is missing.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 48
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 7:26:03 AM   
Workshed

Disney's response:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=67419

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 49
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 7:37:02 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: fiercehairdo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are you sure of this? Amazon says it is Region A/1 (non-Europe)... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KVZ6HK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001KVZ6HK&linkCode=as2&tag=filmick-20
Hope they're wrong and you're right but how do we confirm...? Trying to avoid having to pay twice...

Even Disney have confirmed its region free.

(in reply to fiercehairdo)
Post #: 50
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 8:58:53 AM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

Disney's response:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=67419

"We also know that hardcore fans with Blu-ray players are probably going to end up buying the US release which has the commentary. The American Blu-ray is region-free. We donít think we can ask people to buy both versions."

Are Disney UK idiots, or is it just that the parent company don't care about short-changing people in the UK (and indeed Europe?). For what it's worth, IMO even the most feature-packed US version of Avengers doesn't do justice to the film in terms of special features, but as an overall package it's not bad. Still somewhat gobsmacked at them suggesting that people import the US version though, but ultimately, I guess a legal sale of any version is better than saying 'Just go ahead and download the torrent that has all the special features in one place'!

I was a bit disappointed with the 90min documentary though - as an overview of the Marvel films up to now, it's fine, if a little self-reverential. But the entire running time could've been far better spent on a feature-length Avengers 'making-of'; the footage clearly exists, so I guess we'll see it some day (when Avengers 2 release inspires a more feature-packed 'special / collector's / ultimate / platinum' edition perhaps?). For anyone considering a trip to Sainsburys just for this, I'd say be cautious. It's nice to have but not really essential. Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man screentest is perhaps the best thing on it, but it's a tiny fraction of the running time. (Those who do have it - did you watch to the end of the credits?)

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 51
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 9:07:31 AM   
Sinatra

Does anyone know if/where I can buy a copy that includes a digital copy for my Ipad?

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 52
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 9:22:56 AM   
Workshed

From the BBFC's detailed classification information
quote:

A slightly stronger moment occurs when a man is stabbed through the back by the chief villain's spear.† The detail of the impact is not shown, only the tip of the spear protruding from the man's chest with a small amount of blood on it.† The image is not dwelt upon and serves an important narrative purpose.

This contradicts Disney's statement Saying that home video version is the same as the cinema released version.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 53
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 9:55:59 AM   
AxlReznor

Well I for one noticed no difference between the theatrical release and the Blu Ray. And even if there was, I'm not going to get all worked up about a couple of seconds of fucking spear. What's important is the impact of his death, not the detail of it.

As for commentary, well if there's one thing I can't stand is people talking through a movie. I wouldn't pay any extra to get someone doing just that. I've always found it the most pointless extra on any DVD.

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 54
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 10:37:08 AM   
Workshed

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Well I for one noticed no difference between the theatrical release and the Blu Ray. And even if there was, I'm not going to get all worked up about a couple of seconds of fucking spear. What's important is the impact of his death, not the detail of it.

Agreed, however if I'm shelling out for a £15 blu ray I want to see the film as the director intended me to. It's especially aggravating that it's available in other countries and not a blanket decision.
quote:

As for commentary, well if there's one thing I can't stand is people talking through a movie. I wouldn't pay any extra to get someone doing just that. I've always found it the most pointless extra on any DVD.

That's your opinion but you've honestly missed out on hours of insight. Raimi, carpenter, verhoven, cronenberg, Tarantino, Rodrigues and Fincher, to name a few, all have excellent chat tracks and I hear Weedons are great too. I like to have the option, especially if people in other countries can.

Your attitude pretty much sums up the general attitude the UK public; put up and take it. On a movie this popular it will hardly hurt Disneyís sales as the casual moviegoer wonít notice or care about the edit or the missing features but we will continue to get shafted.

We need to vote with out wallets, ruffle some feathers, force Disney to do a recall (not likely) We should NOT put up with this kind of (mis)treatment because it will only keep happening.

< Message edited by Workshed -- 18/9/2012 10:59:38 AM >

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 55
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 10:51:59 AM   
Rob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Does anyone know if/where I can buy a copy that includes a digital copy for my Ipad?

I was trying to find one as well and the only one I came up with was:

http://www.amazon.com/Marvels-The-Avengers-Four-Disc-Combo/dp/B001KVZ6HK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347961785&sr=8-3&keywords=avengers

However, in the end I just bought the HD copy from iTunes as the special features seemed to be the same as the UK Bluray

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 56
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 11:45:46 AM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Agreed, however if I'm shelling out for a £15 blu ray I want to see the film as the director intended me to. It's especially aggravating that it's available in other countries and not a blanket decision.
quote:

That's your opinion but you've honestly missed out on hours of insight. Raimi, carpenter, verhoven, cronenberg, Tarantino, Rodrigues and Fincher, to name a few, all have excellent chat tracks and I hear Weedons are great too. I like to have the option, especially if people in other countries can.

Your attitude pretty much sums up the general attitude the UK public; put up and take it. On a movie this popular it will hardly hurt Disney's sales as the casual moviegoer won't notice or care about the edit or the missing features but we will continue to get shafted.

We need to vote with out wallets, ruffle some feathers, force Disney to do a recall (not likely) We should NOT put up with this kind of (mis)treatment because it will only keep happening.

Am with you on the importance of commentaries. Anyone with any interest in the technical side of filmmaking, or looking insights into a film not found on other documentaries, should always give them a listen. I would've thought it would be obvious that a commentary is best appreciated when you're already familiar with the film, and in any case there's usually the option of having the dialogue subtitled. It's certainly a lot more valuable than "people talking through a movie"!

Joss Whedon's in particular are excellent, full of trivia and knowledge. It would certainly be nice to have the option of listening to his thoughts on Avengers. Cheers, Disney! (Btw, their excuse about having to prepare the UK discs one month earlier than the US ones? That might've been more convincing if the release dates for the two territories had been more than a week apart!)

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 57
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 12:16:35 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

I was trying to find one as well and the only one I came up with was:

http://www.amazon.com/Marvels-The-Avengers-Four-Disc-Combo/dp/B001KVZ6HK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347961785&sr=8-3&keywords=avengers

However, in the end I just bought the HD copy from iTunes as the special features seemed to be the same as the UK Bluray

Cheers, yeah I found that one but I wasn't sure if it would play on my Region 2 player.... arhhhhhh!!!

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 58
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 1:48:44 PM   
Workshed

The BBFC issued this statement an hour ago:

quote:

Home Ľ BBFC Statement: MARVEL AVENGERS ASSEMBLE DVD/Blu-Ray

BBFC Statement: MARVEL AVENGERS ASSEMBLE DVD/Blu-Ray
September 18th, 2012
The DVD/Blu-ray version of MARVEL AVENGERS ASSEMBLE is classified 12. It differs from the theatrical version submitted to the BBFC which is classified 12A.

In publishing the Extended Classification Information (ECI) for the DVD/Blu-ray MARVEL AVENGERS ASSEMBLE, a technical error occurred and the theatrical ECI was published on the BBFC website instead of the DVD/Blu-ray ECI.

The theatrical ECI highlights a scene in the film where the tip of a spear is seen protruding from a manís chest. This scene was absent from the DVD/Blu-ray MARVEL AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and does not appear in the DVD/Blu-ray ECI. The website error has now been rectified and the correct ECI for the DVD/Blu-ray is now available.

Ends

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 59
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/9/2012 3:15:29 PM   
porntrooper

Hmmmmm. I was going to pick up Avengers today but heard the news of the slight cut and lack of commentary and, although neither really affect the overall quality of the film, it's a little annoying that there seem to be these ommisions.

I like commentaries and I've heard Whedon does good ones, so a bit pissed this is missing. The actual 'spear tip' that is missing doesn't really add anything to the film, and I could tell you if it was there when I saw it in the cinema or not and I wouldn't notice it being there if it was. However, the fact that for some reason there has been this slight change really bugs me, especially when there are mixed messages seemingly coming out about it. I dont understand why that brief scene would need to be taken out to reach a 12 certificate as Disney seem to be saying. Are the BBFC suggesting that with the spear tip showing it would've pushed the film to a 15 cert for Blu Ray? Seems ridiculous given that Terminator 3 retains three 'fucks' and some pretty graphic on screen violence and sits on my shelf with a 12 cert. It seems really odd. It really adds or takes nothign away, but it really pisses me off when tiny, tiny changes like this are made. Does the US release have commentaries? And would the 3D Blu remain region free?

"I've got an idea for a special infiltration technique. It involves draining a man of his blood and replacing it with Tizer."

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Avengers Assemble Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI