Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Avengers Assemble

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> Avengers Assemble Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Avengers Assemble - 15/6/2012 7:33:29 PM   
drews

Play.com are selling a collection of Avengers Assemble, Iron Man 1&2, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Capt. America for £40 on blu ray and £30 on DVD. Out on 17 sept. sounds like an excellent offer to me.

When an opportunity in a fight presents itself, "I" don't hit, "it" hits all by itself. - BRUCE LEE

Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. - HOMER SIMPSON

#8 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.
Post #: 1
RE: Avengers Assemble - 15/6/2012 7:35:41 PM   
Castor Troy

£34.99 at Sainsbury.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to drews)
Post #: 2
RE: Avengers Assemble - 15/6/2012 7:36:44 PM   
drews

Even better. Especially for six blu ray films.

When an opportunity in a fight presents itself, "I" don't hit, "it" hits all by itself. - BRUCE LEE

Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. - HOMER SIMPSON

#8 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 3
RE: Avengers Assemble - 15/6/2012 11:30:59 PM   
rich

Currently just have Iron Man from this series so probably worth a look at that price

Meanwhile...

(in reply to drews)
Post #: 4
RE: Avengers Assemble - 7/8/2012 4:21:31 PM   
doubtlesswonder

I got an email today from Disney telling me about three pre-order deals for the Avengers. One is the HMV steelbook which I've already ordered. One was with Ada where you get a comic free, and one was with Sainsbury's which boasts 90 minutes of exclusive footage. I looked at the link to the Sainsbury's one and it says there is a 90 minute documentary which is exclusive to their version.

This can't be true, can it? I'd quite like to watch this documentary but I don't want to change my order because I want the steelbook to match my copies of Thor and Captain America.

Surely they didn't make a documentary and only allow it to be put onto one version?

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to drews)
Post #: 5
RE: Avengers Assemble - 7/8/2012 4:34:33 PM   
UTB

I got this too. Unfortunately I think its entirely possible - I can't remember which film it was but there was a sainsbury's exclusive edition with bonus features a month or so ago, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Edit: They seem to be doing the same for The Hunger Games, but there is still content on the non-exclusive release (and quite a lot of it) so I'd probably wait and see what the extras are before changing orders.

< Message edited by UTB -- 7/8/2012 4:37:09 PM >

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 6
RE: Avengers Assemble - 7/8/2012 5:56:08 PM   
doubtlesswonder

I'm not going to change my order, I just think it's silly. Luckily, the missing stuff will likely end up on Youtube eventually.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 7
RE: Avengers Assemble - 7/8/2012 7:11:26 PM   
adambatman82

I was afraid this might happen. It's a popular trend over in the US.

Post #: 8
RE: Avengers Assemble - 7/8/2012 7:18:04 PM   
Scruffybobby

That's kind of annoying. I've already preorded it on HMV (and The Hunger Games) but I doubt I'll bother cancelling my orders. I'm a lot less bothered with extras than I used to be. A 90 min doco does sound intersting though.

A similar thing happened with War Horse. Sainsbury's were selling an exculsive edition packaged with a soundtrack CD and I was going to get it but I was in Asda and they had an exclusive 2 disc edition with an hour long making of and I ended up going with that.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 9
RE: Avengers Assemble - 7/8/2012 8:31:41 PM   
Shifty Bench

I pre-ordered it using a 20% code on HMV ages ago, so I'm sticking with that. Getting it for about £12 which is not too shabby.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 10
RE: Avengers Assemble - 7/8/2012 11:17:56 PM   
rubadub

Slightly off topic - Joss Whedon's signed on for Avengers 2

Yay!

Post #: 11
RE: Avengers Assemble - 22/8/2012 1:17:46 PM   
BelfastBoy

Bumping this thread because I'm a bit confused about the DVD special features, can someone confirm what's actually on the DVD edition? I know that BD will have much more, but depending on the source, the DVD has either a documentary (A Visual Journey), or a featurette?

Also, on a slightly related matter (relevant as it's been discussed already in this thread) - I assume that BD Hunger Games is uncut as it's a 15 rating, while the DVD is the cut theatrical version at a 12 rating? How singificant or negligible are the differences?

< Message edited by BelfastBoy -- 22/8/2012 1:30:57 PM >

(in reply to rubadub)
Post #: 12
RE: Avengers Assemble - 23/8/2012 9:53:42 AM   
optimus

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

I got an email today from Disney telling me about three pre-order deals for the Avengers. One is the HMV steelbook which I've already ordered. One was with Ada where you get a comic free, and one was with Sainsbury's which boasts 90 minutes of exclusive footage. I looked at the link to the Sainsbury's one and it says there is a 90 minute documentary which is exclusive to their version.

This can't be true, can it? I'd quite like to watch this documentary but I don't want to change my order because I want the steelbook to match my copies of Thor and Captain America.

Surely they didn't make a documentary and only allow it to be put onto one version?

Looks like it. The US blu-ray special features only mentions a couple of featurettes so I guess this is what will also be on the UK standard blu-rays and HMV's steelbook (which I have pre-ordered). The Asda free-comic seems to be for the DVD only..

The Sainsburys edition is currently £12.99 on pre-order so I've talen the plunge and pre-ordered that too as I would actually be more interested in the making of this film than a shiny steelbook if it's one or the other. I'll check nearer the time and cancel the one that won't contain the doc if that's the case...

Post #: 13
RE: Avengers Assemble - 23/8/2012 10:10:22 AM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: BelfastBoy

Bumping this thread because I'm a bit confused about the DVD special features, can someone confirm what's actually on the DVD edition? I know that BD will have much more, but depending on the source, the DVD has either a documentary (A Visual Journey), or a featurette?

Also, on a slightly related matter (relevant as it's been discussed already in this thread) - I assume that BD Hunger Games is uncut as it's a 15 rating, while the DVD is the cut theatrical version at a 12 rating? How singificant or negligible are the differences?

Not sure about the Avengers but I've seen an "unofficial" copy of the uncut version of HG and there's really not a great deal of difference - at leat none that stands out.It's mostly just blood spatter.

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 23/8/2012 10:11:17 AM >

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 14
RE: Avengers Assemble - 23/8/2012 4:15:26 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Seven seconds was cut from the film on top of scenes getting darkened to reduce the site of blood on weapons and the like. Some folk don't care about the cuts but I personally want the uncut version as that is the director's preferred version of the film. I got some flack for that at the time of the film's cinema release which was quite amusing. Pardon me for personally wanting to see the film the way the director intended it to be seen

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 15
RE: Avengers Assemble - 23/8/2012 10:32:29 PM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

MINOR DELETED SCENES SPOILERS BELOW

Sorry for quoting myself, but I acquired an 'unofficial' version of the Avengers Bluray special features (don't shoot me, I will buy the real thing when it hits the shops), and they are:

- A gag reel (quite amusing but far too short)
- Deleted and extended scenes (15mins in total, worth a watch but hardly earth-shattering. Sadly no appearance of Hayley Atwell as reported months ago, although it's confirmed that her character is still alive in the present day. Cpt America appears to consider calling her on the phone but he doesn't.)
- Item 47 (11 min short film. Guest appearance from Lost's Man In Black, playing a different MIB this time)
- A Visual Journey (featurette, less than 7 mins in length, focusing on production design)
- Marvel's Cinematic Universe (to be honest, I don't know what this is, won't find out for another day or so because my ISP isn't the best. Large file size suggests it could be a very long documentary. Anyone got any ideas?)

EDIT: USA is apparently getting an audio commentary that - unless you buy at Tesco - you won't get in the UK. It's even on the US DVD. All very confusing!

< Message edited by BelfastBoy -- 23/8/2012 10:48:56 PM >

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 16
RE: Avengers Assemble - 24/8/2012 5:52:12 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

EDIT: USA is apparently getting an audio commentary that - unless you buy at Tesco - you won't get in the UK. It's even on the US DVD. All very confusing!

I noticed that the commentary seems to be missing over here.  I said upthread that I wasn't going to swap orders but I have decided to get the Sainsbury's bluray and cancel the HMV steelbook. Tesco also list the commnetary as a DVD feature so I might wait for that to come down in price and then get it for the yak track. It's still a bit of a swizz that I should need to consider doing that though.

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 17
RE: Avengers Assemble - 24/8/2012 6:05:01 PM   
UTB

Anyone know what the Dutch steelbook has on it? If they haven't got all the ballsing around that we have I might plump for that instead of the HMV one.

Post #: 18
RE: Avengers Assemble - 24/8/2012 10:02:54 PM   
Shifty Bench

I cancelled my order from HMV and I'll get it from Tesco as I want the commentary

EDIT: Which will be pointless as no UK release will have the commentary. That is a bit annoying for me as a fan of commentaries. And Joss Whedon is usually quite good on his.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 29/8/2012 4:10:46 PM >

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 19
RE: Avengers Assemble - 24/8/2012 10:57:11 PM   
vad3r

Whedon commentary > 99% of films

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 20
RE: Avengers Assemble - 25/8/2012 11:33:38 AM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

- Marvel's Cinematic Universe (to be honest, I don't know what this is, won't find out for another day or so because my ISP isn't the best. Large file size suggests it could be a very long documentary. Anyone got any ideas?)

As a further update, "Marvel's Cinematic Universe" actually turned out to be a lengthy (1hr 38min) documentary that had been wrongly entitled, and is actually called "Assembling The Avengers". Haven't watched it yet but it looks to be a sort of combined 'making-of' covering all the Marvel Universe films so far, rather than being an Avengers-specific documentary. Avengers seems to be covered in the last 15mins or so, but I suppose it'll still be interesting enough to see how Marvel envisioned linking all the films together. It goes without saying that, as an official film, everyone who needs to appear does (although I'm guessing that Edward Norton and Terrence Howard, now that they're banished outside the 'circle of trust', will be notable exceptions!). Also, I have no idea if this documentary will appear on any of the UK editions of 'Avengers Assemble' (still hate the stupidity of that title change) - could this be 90min feature that was mentioned as a Sainsburys exclusive?

EDIT: Edward Norton does appear, so at least Marvel didn't try to airbrush him out of their history. But, every time someone's interviewed, it's accompanied by the year it was filmed, so Norton's stuff comes from 2008, when his Hulk film was still in production. No Terrence Howard though, funnily enough! (Or Jeff Bridges - remember reading that he either didn't get on with Downey Jr, Jon Favreau, or both of them.) The documentary is pretty good, but is really a collection of featurettes on the individual films. I'd love to see a feature-length 'making of' for Avengers, but I don't think we're getting one this time.

< Message edited by BelfastBoy -- 27/8/2012 3:14:03 PM >

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 21
RE: Avengers Assemble - 1/9/2012 9:35:26 PM   
Ruth1613

Am I missing something or is Disney trying to rip us off with regard to the Avengers DVD / Blu Ray release.

I would really like to buy it, want to pre-order it but would prefer a triple play disc set so I can watch Blu Ray in the house and the kids can use the DVD in the car. Have searched online and have discovered that it's not being released like this.

I am also really disappointed with regard to the special features (something I like to watch without the kids) and don't know where to buy from now to get the best deal.

Any suggestions?

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 22
RE: Avengers Assemble - 3/9/2012 2:25:00 PM   
cooler_kin1981

Is there any confirmation whether the UK disc includes the post-credits shawarma scene?

THAT CREEP CAN ROLL blog

Twitter: @El_Duderino81

(in reply to Ruth1613)
Post #: 23
RE: Avengers Assemble - 4/9/2012 1:27:16 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I've got the 3D version on pre-order from HMV, the 90 min doco version on pre-order from Sainsburys and have cancelled my HMV Steelbook. At some point i will no doubt pick up the US version for the commentary too. I'm doing a similar thing with Battleship, wherein i have the UK Steelbook, the UK slip release but also need to pick up the US release for the maximum movie mode type feature on it.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!
Post #: 24
RE: Avengers Assemble - 4/9/2012 1:52:58 PM   
Cool Breeze

Don't really care about extras anymore I just want to watch the film again so will be getting the regular edition.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 25
RE: Avengers Assemble - 4/9/2012 2:02:22 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Whilst i usually try to go for the release with the most extras, i find i have less and less time for them. Years ago i would watch every single extra feature available, but these days not so much.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 26
RE: Avengers Assemble - 4/9/2012 2:04:24 PM   
vad3r

I'll be importing the US blu ray because I don't want a second rate no commentary blu ray. I'll be severely pissed if it's region locked.

quote:

Post #: 27
RE: Avengers Assemble - 4/9/2012 11:21:57 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

I'll be importing the US blu ray because I don't want a second rate no commentary blu ray. I'll be severely pissed if it's region locked.

Then you are shit out of luck as it is indeed region locked.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 28
RE: Avengers Assemble - 4/9/2012 11:30:29 PM   
vad3r

So how does one go about listening to this commentary?

< Message edited by vad3r -- 4/9/2012 11:31:01 PM >

quote:

Post #: 29
RE: Avengers Assemble - 4/9/2012 11:45:04 PM   
elab49

Vad3r, if you're going to help out the Mods we'd be grateful if you'd not quote the offending site - it makes removal more difficult if we have to search through posts (this is the same request we make to all posters in relation to spam). 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> Avengers Assemble Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI