Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds (2011)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds (2011) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds (2011) - 14/6/2012 7:47:08 AM   
Phubbs

A seriously grand epic with outstanding special effects and stoic acting all round...is what I might be saying if this were a serious attempt at a fantasy film, but its a Boll film.

How does he do it anyway? how does he keep getting major stars to act in his films despite the fact EVERYONE knows he makes crapola, its common knowledge. I realise money must have a say but even that would have to be impressive for some of the folk he manages to get. Maybe the stars think his work will become cults in time? or maybe Boll is involved with the mob and blackmails them into it hehe

So at last we have a sequel to the original Boll fantasy epic, not connected in anyway to the original, a different beast this time. When I say different I mean just more rips from other well known fantasy films, you know the films. Not actually sure if its suppose to be set in another dimension or the past or another world etc...
To be honest it doesn't actually look too bad, the location work in the 'fantasy zone' is decent and shows some nice gloomy overcast scenery with lakes mountains, forests etc...courtesy of Canada.

That's pretty much all I can say accept for some nice costumes, although it looks like the wardrobe ideas came from the videogame 'Assassin's Creed'. Everything else is obviously rather poor, plot is childishly basic with many many problems. The best revolving around the fact no one from the 'fantasy zone' is bothered by simple advances in human technology like Dolph's clothes, boots, shoe laces, hair cut etc...simple things they would be amazed by I'm sure.

Its not the worst film I've ever seen but there are so many basic issues and inconsistencies, like Dolph being able to defeat several trained martial arts fighters at once in the present day but unable to defeat anyone in the 'fantasy zone', why? if he's such a badass fighter. There is also a dragon towards the finale, it isn't too bad in spots but about as good as a BBC documentary for the rest of the time.

I suppose you can't look too deep into a Boll film, we all know what to expect. Its just a shame as I think if he just tried a little harder he could make some half decent films. Just don't be drawn in by the films poster as its way way more exciting than the actual film.

< Message edited by Phubbs -- 14/6/2012 8:14:05 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds (2011) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI