Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Time Travel to any concert..any time

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Time Travel to any concert..any time Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Time Travel to any concert..any time - 6/7/2012 1:33:49 AM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

Guns N Roses..... Donnington '88.

You wouldn't have wanted to be in the crowd though.

True.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 31
RE: Time Travel to any concert..any time - 6/7/2012 7:40:33 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

A mate of mine had a video of Guns N Roses either in england or in America which was taped off on channel 4, I guess around 92/93, but formed the basis of my obsession with them during my teens, would have loved to have gone to that.

Pretty sure thats this gig here .................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaS0sm0Eq40

Wow that is indeed it. Thanks. Will watch that tonight with a few beers

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 32
RE: Time Travel to any concert..any time - 6/7/2012 8:52:11 AM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

But if I have to choose just one.... Kate Bush at the Hammersmith Odeon. The year I was born (1979). It was a benefit gig and also featured Peter Gabriel. I really want Kate to tour at some point. She has only ever done the one tour in her career.

If Kate Bush annouced a new tour.......that would be amazing. I'd love to see her live.

Off the top of my head, others I'd like to see:

Bruce Springsteen at the Hammersmith Odeon 1975. There's some really high quality footage on Youtube of this concert, and its glorious.

Tom Waits when he performed on Rockpalast in 1977. Then a later tour too (but there's still a chance for that).

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 33
RE: Time Travel to any concert..any time - 7/7/2012 6:51:37 PM   
FritzlFan

I think i'd take Springsteen at Hammersmith too, or maybe one from '78 like Hammersmith.
Although if i were only allowed to choose one, it would be between 70s Bruce and Tom Waits from Sydney in '79 (the Cold Beer on a Hot Night bootleg).

I'll also have to be predictable and say Ryan Adams & the Cardinals, as I got into them a little too late. Probably Das Haus (2006) or Sommerville (2007).

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

Tom Waits when he performed on Rockpalast in 1977. Then a later tour too (but there's still a chance for that).

hope so! I can't see him doing England again anytime soon but i'd love it if he did.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miles Messervy 007

Child labour is necessary in the short term

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 34
RE: Time Travel to any concert..any time - 16/9/2012 5:59:27 PM   
Zatoichi

The Doors - Roundhouse, London, 1968
Spanish Caravan

Led Zeppelin - Royal Albert Hall, 1970
We're Gonna Groove

And any 60s/70s Pink Floyd gig!

< Message edited by Zatoichi -- 16/9/2012 6:04:25 PM >

"You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to fit your meglo-maniacal cosmology."
"Scully, are you coming on to me?"

(in reply to FritzlFan)
Post #: 35
RE: Time Travel to any concert..any time - 17/9/2012 12:48:50 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

quote:

But if I have to choose just one.... Kate Bush at the Hammersmith Odeon. The year I was born (1979). It was a benefit gig and also featured Peter Gabriel. I really want Kate to tour at some point. She has only ever done the one tour in her career.

If Kate Bush annouced a new tour.......that would be amazing. I'd love to see her live.

Off the top of my head, others I'd like to see:

Bruce Springsteen at the Hammersmith Odeon 1975. There's some really high quality footage on Youtube of this concert, and its glorious.

The full concert was found and released with the Born To Run 30th Anniversary release. As gigs go, he sounds spectacular but the quality of the footage leads me to think the lighting was quite dark and Michael Palin, who was at that gig, has said in his diaries that he wasn't impressed with the sound and his song choices that night. It's still amazing to watch though, despite it being almost black most of the time, the performance is one of the best.

< Message edited by steffols -- 17/9/2012 12:49:24 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Time Travel to any concert..any time Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI