Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 13/6/2012 11:52:09 PM   
the_driver

Texas Chainsaw Massacre the beginning, one of my friends put this on thinking it would scare, it just bored me,
we ain't friends no more

'I don't carry a gun. I drive' -Drive
'I aim to misbehave' Serenity
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else' Fight Club

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 31
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 14/6/2012 1:44:25 AM   
chambanzi

I will openly admit that the following bored me

- The Conversation: They kept repeating the conversation which was the point as it highlighted his obsession but fuck me the film bored the pants off of me

- Ed Wood: Just couldn't finish it

- Miami Vice: Not really a fan of Michael Mann in general but this has to top the boring chart

- A Canterbury Tale: Usually I like P&P films but this one was dull

- Thor: I don't know if it bored me or sillied me out (new word I just invented for films like Thor that are so silly your brain refuses to acknowledge them any further.)

- Southland Tales: What was this film?

(in reply to the_driver)
Post #: 32
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 14/6/2012 11:39:31 AM   
Discodez

"Bored of the Rings"  - I think that's genius, and true. I've fallen asleep whilst attempting to watch the first two never bothered attempting the third, although if I happen to be suffering from a severe bout of insomnia in the future I've no doubt it will cure that for me.

Star Trek - The movie - caught a bit of this recently after having not seen it for years, and my god is it dull.

King Kong (Jackson) - Agreed, took way too long to get to Skull Island and then I was underwhelmed by the CGI. the original and the 1970's remake are much better.

Eyes Wide Shut - never has an "erotic" filmed seemed so un-erotic and boring.

Titanic - I was praying for that Iceberg to bloody hurry up for what felt like about 5 hours.

(in reply to Mr. White)
Post #: 33
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 14/6/2012 12:47:34 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: chambanzi

- Thor: I don't know if it bored me or sillied me out (new word I just invented for films like Thor that are so silly your brain refuses to acknowledge them any further.)

Not with Thor for me, but it's a great description.

Although, of course, I am now off to accidentally delete all of your posts   Canterbury Tale boring, indeed.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 14/6/2012 12:48:44 PM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to chambanzi)
Post #: 34
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 14/6/2012 12:53:05 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I'm going to sound like some other posters with this broken record as I seem to have mentioned this a lot recently.

2001 - I still will not be swerved that it has massive pacing problems and the majority of the scenes go on far too long with the exception of the HAL portion of the film.

OK, you made the list, too.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

2001: A Snooze Odyssey.

And you.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ultimo Lee

No Tsai Ming-liang or Weerasethakul??? FAIL!

You, I like.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 35
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 14/6/2012 1:00:12 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

"Bored of the Rings"  - I think that's genius, and true. I've fallen asleep whilst attempting to watch the first two never bothered attempting the third, although if I happen to be suffering from a severe bout of insomnia in the future I've no doubt it will cure that for me.

Star Trek - The movie - caught a bit of this recently after having not seen it for years, and my god is it dull.

King Kong (Jackson) - Agreed, took way too long to get to Skull Island and then I was underwhelmed by the CGI. the original and the 1970's remake are much better.

Titanic - I was praying for that Iceberg to bloody hurry up for what felt like about 5 hours.

2009 or the motion picture?
Personally I like both,though I can see why the motion picture is regarded by some as abit of a bore/dull,
but for me I like the sense of slow/paced discovery.And although some might think V'ger was abit of a copout creatively I ,personally, think ending was very operactically charming.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 36
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 14/6/2012 1:07:24 PM   
jcthefirst

Alice in Wonderland.

I just shut my eyes for the last hour.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 37
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 14/6/2012 1:09:29 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

1. Death Proof (I have never wanted to switch a film off so badly)

Oh, yes. Good shout.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 38
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 14/6/2012 3:46:46 PM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Personally I like both,though I can see why the motion picture is regarded by some as abit of a bore/dull,
but for me I like the sense of slow/paced discovery.And although some might think V'ger was abit of a copout creatively I ,personally, think ending was very operactically charming.

The Motion Picture... I'd agree the ending is "operatically charming" but bloody hell it takes it sweet time getting there!

Post #: 39
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 14/6/2012 11:49:14 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. White

Kingdom Of Heaven DC- I haven't seen the theatrical but damn I had a hard time watching this movie.
Bladerunner- What the fuck did I watch? I was so damn bored. Tried to enjoyed it but I couldn't.
Apocalypse Now Redux- It had some good parts but for the most part, especially close to the end, it was very boring.
Schindler's List- I Loved this movie but man it was boring. One of my favs though.
King Kong- The only good part was when they got to the island but it took way too long to get there.
Iron Man-
Hulk-
The Shinning- Tried so hard not too fall asleep
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Funny People

Deary me....

(in reply to Mr. White)
Post #: 40
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 14/6/2012 11:51:58 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

The Motion Picture... I'd agree the ending is "operatically charming" but bloody hell it takes it sweet time getting there!

TMP is a good film, you just have to be in the mood to enjoy it I reckon.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 41
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 1:04:31 AM   
Deviation

quote:

More "wittiness" in those seven lines than all seven hours of that turgid piece of poo.

I wasn't referring to you pilgrim, but you now made my death list.

quote:

And definitely you too. The Hole is amazing.

quote:

Wings Of Desire (1987)

Jesus mother of christ! this was boring.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yeah, you're dead too. Just wait till I'm mod and I deal with you the same way a Soviet would deal with a political dissident.

It will be horrible, all so horrible.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 15/6/2012 1:05:20 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 42
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 1:49:09 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Ong-Bak.

Bad guys steal Tony Jaa’s elephants. Tony Jaa beats the bad guys up. He punches them in the face and kicks them in the stomach and elbows them on the head and knees them in crotch and throws them out of windows and chucks them off balconies and pushes them out of doors and drags them off motorcycles and snaps their arms and breaks their legs and so on. And just as it goes past the point of monotony he goes and does it all over again. And again. And again, And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. and again. And again. and again. And again.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 43
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 10:27:11 AM   
garvielloken

quote:

ORIGINAL: chambanzi

The Conversation: They kept repeating the conversation which was the point as it highlighted his obsession but fuck me the film bored the pants off of me

But, but, but...............it's a masterpiece you madman.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

Ong-Bak.

Bad guys steal Tony Jaa’s elephants. Tony Jaa beats the bad guys up. He punches them in the face and kicks them in the stomach and elbows them on the head and knees them in crotch and throws them out of windows and chucks them off balconies and pushes them out of doors and drags them off motorcycles and snaps their arms and breaks their legs and so on. And just as it goes past the point of monotony he goes and does it all over again. And again. And again, And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. and again. And again. and again. And again.

I love Tony Jaa so this makes me

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to chambanzi)
Post #: 44
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 10:40:10 AM   
Vadersville

Not really a Top 10 but here are some films that immediately sprung to mind as really fucking boring!

Van Helsing
Crash
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Terminator Salvation
Surrogates
No Country for Old Men
Tomb Raider

Most recently I saw The Pact last night and I was yawning throughout the whole thing. Stupidly boring. Which is the cardinal sin for a horror film!

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 45
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 10:55:54 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

More "wittiness" in those seven lines than all seven hours of that turgid piece of poo.

I wasn't referring to you pilgrim, but you now made my death list.

quote:

quote:

Wings Of Desire (1987)

Jesus mother of christ! this was boring.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yeah, you're dead too. Just wait till I'm mod and I deal with you the same way a Soviet would deal with a political dissident.

It will be horrible, all so horrible.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 46
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 11:07:54 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest and At Worlds End. Dead Man's Chest especially, it's the only film to put me to sleep in the cinema.

Blade Runner: Theatrical cut - The voiceover just kills it, thank fuck for the Director's Cut and Final Cut versions.

Jackson's King Kong - This shouldn't be so hard to watch, I've only managed to watch it start to finish once and that was in the cinema.

Can't really think of anything else

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 47
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 11:20:35 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest and At Worlds End. Dead Man's Chest especially, it's the only film to put me to sleep in the cinema.

Blade Runner: Theatrical cut - The voiceover just kills it, thank fuck for the Director's Cut and Final Cut versions.

Jackson's King Kong - This shouldn't be so hard to watch, I've only managed to watch it start to finish once and that was in the cinema.

Can't really think of anything else

Funnily enough the film is solid until it gets to King Kong.
The production work on the Island was classic Jackson and the intro into the Island was edge-of-your-seat creepy.Then it just goes down hill.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 48
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 5:25:17 PM   
Ultimo Lee

quote:

quote:

It's better than The River i'll give you that but that's like saying it's the least shitty part of a really big dull toilet.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 49
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 5:41:21 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's better than The River i'll give you that but that's like saying it's the least shitty part of a really big dull toilet.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 50
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 5:52:09 PM   
Ultimo Lee

Truth hurts more than a blade.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 51
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 7:14:59 PM   
chambanzi

I thought Peter Jackson's King Kong was one hell of a movie and always struggle to see why it gets criticism. I find it compelling, mysterious and captivating and a load of other positive words.

The only Tsai Ming Liang film I have seen is 'Goodbye Dragon Inn' and that had an incredible atmosphere. Okay there were some moments that dragged but it built up tension well and was an excellent film in conveying people's emotions by having them walk round the cinema like ghosts.

As for 'The Conversation' I know it is regarded as a masterpiece but I just don't see it as that. It was one of those films that had me continuously checking the remaining time.

Oh and I might add 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' to my list, really didn't see the fuss with that one.

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 52
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 15/6/2012 10:08:48 PM   
Biggus

quote:

Ong-Bak.

That film is Warrior King which I agree was not that engaging. Ong Bak on the other hand is superb.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 53
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 16/6/2012 2:41:33 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Ong-Bak.

Bad guys steal Tony Jaa's elephants. Tony Jaa beats the bad guys up. He punches them in the face and kicks them in the stomach and elbows them on the head and knees them in crotch and throws them out of windows and chucks them off balconies and pushes them out of doors and drags them off motorcycles and snaps their arms and breaks their legs and so on. And just as it goes past the point of monotony he goes and does it all over again. And again. And again, And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. and again. And again. and again. And again.

That film is Warrior King which I agree was not that engaging. Ong Bak on the other hand is superb.

BUT A GUY THROWS AN ELEPHANT OUT A WINDOW...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 54
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 16/6/2012 5:38:16 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

They're both as bad as each other. Easy to see how I got them mixed up

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 55
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 16/6/2012 5:53:02 PM   
Biggus

quote:

quote:

They're both as bad as each other. Easy to see how I got them mixed up

Case closed.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 56
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 19/6/2012 12:16:30 AM   
moviebuff73

er, grace is gone
arthur (shit remake)
harry potter (any one, take your pick)
anchorman
drillbit taylor
death proof
munich
kill bill (both parts)
the 3 buriels of melquides estrada
van helsing
to name but a few.

(in reply to Mr. White)
Post #: 57
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 20/6/2012 12:05:06 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Sliding Doors (1998)

(in reply to moviebuff73)
Post #: 58
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 20/6/2012 12:53:48 AM   
Deviation

quote:

Truth hurts more than a blade.

You won't be saying that when your head is rolling on the floor.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 59
RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen - 20/6/2012 2:25:31 AM   
Lazarus munkey

The Last Emperor. Looked amazing but, had it bored any more, it would have become a drill.

The Conversation. Next stop: Dullsville.

The New World. Pleeaase, just go back to the old one.

Eraserhead. Oooh, a puddle...

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Twenty minutes in, we see our heroes on their broomsticks swooping over city rooftops while the soundtrack punches us repeatedly in the ears. The reason for this scene? To wake the audience up because nothing else happens.

I quite enjoyed The Good Shepherd.

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 10 Most Boring Movies You Have Seen Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI