LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 8/6/2012 2:02:54 PM   
losthighway

Has anyone bought the individual release of this? I've been reading that the Lynch boxset version has a freezing error about 1hr 30mins in.

Any help much appreciated because i've got it winging its way from Amazon UK at this minute.

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.
Post #: 1
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 8/6/2012 2:36:50 PM   
adambatman82

Yep, I've read that there are a bunch of errors in a couple of discs in the recently reissued line up of Lynch discs. You're right about the Lost Highway freeze, it skips around 2 minutes if I remember correctly. Twin Peaks- Fire Walk With Me has a pretty distracting audience glitch too apparently.

Shame really, as I was looking forward to this set. Will hold out and hope its recalled.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 2
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 8/6/2012 7:40:54 PM   
losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

Yep, I've read that there are a bunch of errors in a couple of discs in the recently reissued line up of Lynch discs. You're right about the Lost Highway freeze, it skips around 2 minutes if I remember correctly. Twin Peaks- Fire Walk With Me has a pretty distracting audience glitch too apparently.

Shame really, as I was looking forward to this set. Will hold out and hope its recalled.

Have you bought the individual release though? Does it indeed have the error??

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 3
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 8/6/2012 11:36:54 PM   
rubadub

Your best bet would be to check out the forums on Blu-ray.com,from what i read yesterday the boxset has visual and audio glitches galore and the vast majority of users are returning them.For some reason i can't access Blu-ray.com today,so if anyone could fill us in on what's happening with the set,whether replacement copies will be sent or whatever,i'd appreciate it.The boxset arrived today from HMV so i suppose there's no point in opening it!

Post #: 4
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 9/6/2012 10:56:02 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: rubadub

Your best bet would be to check out the forums on Blu-ray.com,from what i read yesterday the boxset has visual and audio glitches galore and the vast majority of users are returning them.For some reason i can't access Blu-ray.com today,so if anyone could fill us in on what's happening with the set,whether replacement copies will be sent or whatever,i'd appreciate it.The boxset arrived today from HMV so i suppose there's no point in opening it!

Blu-ray.com was down yesterday, its back up now tho.

(in reply to rubadub)
Post #: 5
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 9/6/2012 10:56:55 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

quote:

I don't own it no, but from what I gather yes it does have the error. Its the same disc as the one in the box set.

Post #: 6
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 9/6/2012 1:31:21 PM   
losthighway

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't own it no, but from what I gather yes it does have the error. Its the same disc as the one in the box set.

Apparently not! According to a poster over on blu-ray.com forum his disc of the individual release works fine and it's just the boxset discs that are faulty. I still haven't got my hands on the disc as yet but now remain hopeful. Will let you know when i've got my copy...

Post #: 7
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 9/6/2012 2:35:51 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Apparently not! According to a poster over on blu-ray.com forum his disc of the individual release works fine and it's just the boxset discs that are faulty. I still haven't got my hands on the disc as yet but now remain hopeful. Will let you know when i've got my copy...

Interesting, look forward to hearing how it works out. I'm very keen to pick up the box set tho!

Post #: 8
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 15/6/2012 8:36:54 AM   
losthighway

OK, so i've finally got around to checking the disc... Took it to the offending point and it works just fine! No freezing issue at all and don't believe what some reviewers are stating, the disc is definitely 1080p, NOT 1080i! It would appear the individual releases are not the same as the boxset versions. Go. Buy. Now!

Post #: 9
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 15/6/2012 11:38:33 AM   
MonsterCat

Slight O/T but I'm a little worried that my copy of Twin Peaks FWWM has those audio glitches.

Fuck, the one time someone releases this magnificent flick on blu-ray, and not only do they neglect to include the deleted footage, they also fuck up the transfer.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 10
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 16/6/2012 12:49:15 AM   
losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Slight O/T but I'm a little worried that my copy of Twin Peaks FWWM has those audio glitches.

Fuck, the one time someone releases this magnificent flick on blu-ray, and not only do they neglect to include the deleted footage, they also fuck up the transfer.

Tbh I've got the original Mk2 releases of both LH and FWWM from a few years ago. Whilst I had to get LH on BR, I think i'll just stick with FWWM on DVD.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 11
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 18/6/2012 2:52:58 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Tbh I've got the original Mk2 releases of both LH and FWWM from a few years ago. Whilst I had to get LH on BR, I think i'll just stick with FWWM on DVD.

Yeah, you're not missing much in terms of FWWM's picture quality on BR.

It's not great, but I've seen worse.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 12
RE: LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY - 18/6/2012 3:51:26 PM   
directorscut

Universal in Blu-ray screw up SHOCKER.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> LOST HIGHWAY BLU RAY Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI