Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Flight Trailer Lands Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Flight Trailer Lands Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flight Trailer Lands Online - 7/6/2012 11:39:07 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Live action... Thank God! - 7/6/2012 11:39:07 AM   
Thumbsucker

I accept the premise that 'directing is directing, whatever the medium' but Zemekis is one who simply hasn't been able to embrace the technology smoothly - he plays too hard for the 'floaty stick towards camera' moves, he is constantly convinced by less exacting minds that the 'uncanny valley' humans that are produced are up to the task of facilitating the story (note: they're not, not by a huge fucking margin) and his economy of storytelling gets utterly bogged down by the process. Take the flabbiness of Beowulf and A Christmas Carol and compare to the leanness and efficiency of any of the Back To The Future films and What Lies Beneath. I, for one, am very interested in how this film turns out - okay, the scriptwriter may not have the most confidence-inspiring resume but, with a sturdy hand at the wheel, this could be a tight little treate on the power of celebrity, the need for modern media to create and destroy its own heroes and accountability of those in positions of great responsibility... the anti-Spider-Man movie, if you will. Will be looking forward to seeing this, I think.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Good - 7/6/2012 2:42:12 PM   
danclay77

This looks surprisingly good actually. Interesting premise and a good twist to the standard story.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Flight Trailer Lands Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI