Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Russo Brothers On For Captain America 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Russo Brothers On For Captain America 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russo Brothers On For Captain America 2 - 6/6/2012 9:20:15 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 6/6/2012 9:20:15 PM   
Whistler

Surely he couldn't go back to WW2? I'm not comic book expert, and I don't know what happens in any of them, but if he could time travel wouldn't he just go back to his own time and stay there? I think Cap 2 will be much better if it's contemporary.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 6/6/2012 9:20:47 PM   
Planescape

Remarkable skill except for Joe Johnson :(

Post #: 3
RE: Joe & Anthony set to get the job - 6/6/2012 10:06:19 PM   
timmerpt

After MI:4 I'd have loved to have seen Brad Bird given the job.

This just smacks of cheapness. So underwhelmed, I really don't know what to say.

Post #: 4
- 6/6/2012 10:25:41 PM   
clarkkent

@Whistler. They don't mean time travel, they mean there would be flashbacks that show us things that happened in WW2 but are relevant to what's happening in the present. They do it a lot with the Captain America comics, have villains or heroes from WW2 crop up and we see the history there.

As for the plot of Captain America 2, i guarantee the plot is tied to Cap's discovery in The Avengers, those HYDRA weapons "The Council" of S.H.I.E.L.D had on the Hellicarrier seemed a little too random and extraneous to the plot.

Post #: 5
RE: - 6/6/2012 11:09:37 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: clarkkent

@Whistler. They don't mean time travel, they mean there would be flashbacks that show us things that happened in WW2 but are relevant to what's happening in the present. They do it a lot with the Captain America comics, have villains or heroes from WW2 crop up and we see the history there.

That would be alright. The only reason I queried it is because Empire mentioned flashbacks separately from time travel in the article.

(in reply to clarkkent)
Post #: 6
Boo.. hisss - 7/6/2012 12:15:53 AM   
darkhart

Cap1 was such a weak film.. a real snorefest.. only a maverick writer/director could up the artistic anti to make Cap2 worthwhile. Frankly I still favour a Marvel Team-up scenario.. as a means to introduce a new member of The Avengers. Anything to prevent Cap2 denting the fanchise.

Post #: 7
RE: Boo.. hisss - 7/6/2012 2:58:23 AM   
Mr. White

I was very disappointed with the Cap. America film...hopefully this one will be better.

(in reply to darkhart)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Russo Brothers On For Captain America 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI