Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 5:42:31 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

If you didn't sign RVP then I would be worried for you,but you signed him and with Rooney sidelined it could be a master-stroke signing by Ferguson.

And personally I feel Rooney has gone off the boil these past few months and I think the first half from United today,especially Kagawa and RVP, shows that United can play just as good if not better without Rooney.

I read somewhere that United and Arsenal bidded in the region of 5 million for Dembele which in some circumstances is somewhat insulting given the ability the player has and how Fulham have greatly developed him.

I couldn't agree more about Rooney -he has gone off the boil! He should worry less about his new hair and Twitter and concetrate more on upping his game. Same goes to Mr. @Rio_Ferdy (or whattever his twitter account is!)

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 121
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 5:46:14 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I think the signing of RVP was a kick-up-the-backside for Rooney not for Welbeck or Chicarito, who are both young and are still developing.
United really did play some great fluid football in the first half and if they can get that quality in the second half of there games then they'll be a force.

The CL draw is Thursday by the way.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 122
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 5:47:08 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Rooney and RVP can't play together (not to mention the fact that Wayne is currently in one of his 'legendary' patches of form). Playing van Persie as the lone striker is best for the player and for the team, if I was a United fan I'd hope it stays that way after Rooney is back.

But we've only seen them together for 20 minutes or so! I think we should give it a couple of games. Rrooney and Chicharito had a great partnership the season before last, what's stopping both of them developing a great strike force? I'm hopeful it will work, afterall part of RvP's lure too United was the fact he could play beside Rooney (which he stated).

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 123
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 5:50:23 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I think the signing of RVP was a kick-up-the-backside for Rooney not for Welbeck or Chicarito, who are both young and are still developing.
United really did play some great fluid football in the first half and if they can get that quality in the second half of there games then they'll be a force.

The CL draw is Thursday by the way.

I hope we get a hard draw this time, seeing as we got booted out of the group stages last season by the easiest group in the fucking draw!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 124
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 5:52:04 PM   
directorscut

Torres + Hazard. Oh yeah.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 125
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 6:08:40 PM   
SWOTBM

Wildcard time methinks

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 126
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 6:09:01 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

Rooney and RVP can't play together (not to mention the fact that Wayne is currently in one of his 'legendary' patches of form). Playing van Persie as the lone striker is best for the player and for the team, if I was a United fan I'd hope it stays that way after Rooney is back.

But we've only seen them together for 20 minutes or so! I think we should give it a couple of games. Rrooney and Chicharito had a great partnership the season before last, what's stopping both of them developing a great strike force? I'm hopeful it will work, afterall part of RvP's lure too United was the fact he could play beside Rooney (which he stated).

It's not based on their performances together (though they've both been anonymous whenever they've shared the pitch) but A) how RVP played last year as a lone striker B) the similarity between the two players and C) what it means for the players around them. If you play Rooney and RVP, you're then forced to play either Kagawa or Valencia (your two best players) out of position. A kind of 4-2-3-1 with RVP up front on his own, with Kagawa in the hole and Valencia + Nani/Young/whoever you prefer out wide, is the best formation for the squad Fergie has.

(of course, the point is that United needed a deep-lying playmaker like Javi Martinez to connect the 'defensive' six and the 'attacking' five rather than another striker. Needed some full-backs as well.)

< Message edited by Olaf -- 25/8/2012 6:14:09 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

Post #: 127
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 6:20:59 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Torres + Hazard. Oh yeah.

X2.

Post #: 128
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 6:28:54 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

8. Aston Villa

If Aston Villa finish 8th, I'll chew my own nob off! Lambert's a decent young(ish) manager but he's inherited an extraordinarily weak team who finished last season in near free-fall and with a chairman seemingly unwilling to dig deep into his pockets.

To be honest, I've been toying with the idea of putting a tenner on them getting relegated, although I am slightly disturbed that Robbie Savage seems to agree with me!

Looks like you aren't going to be enjoying the delights of nob pie anytime soon

Beautiful strike by Torres there. Can't believe how quickly and well Hazard is coming into the PL. Beautiful stuff to watch.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 129
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 11:17:29 PM   
directorscut

Seeing Michael Laudrup being happy and smiling in the post match interview on MOTD then immediately followed by Big Sam being grumpy and sour made my day.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 130
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 25/8/2012 11:43:45 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Seeing Michael Laudrup being happy and smiling in the post match interview on MOTD then immediately followed by Big Sam being grumpy and sour made my day.

We're going to be seeing that face alot these coming months.....

Post #: 131
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 26/8/2012 2:55:30 AM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Why did I use my wildcard and still manage not to put Michu into my team? FUCK! Michael Laudrup and his magnificent hair must be thinking the EPL is a piece of piss.

I'd calm down a bit, he's faced QPR and West Ham. I reckon there were a few in the stands who could have managed that West Ham team better than 'Big Sam' today.

He also scored fifteen goals in La Liga last season, but you keep thinking that nonetheless.

If they get stuck they could bring on the maestro himself, he'll still probably run rings around the majority of PL players even in his mid-Forties

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 132
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 26/8/2012 2:57:05 AM   
Saltire

quote:

Yes a win, and a belter from van Persie! if you didn't see it, watch it again on MOTD (of course if you're a Gunner - I wouldn't advise it!), Home debut goal from Kagawa too. So pleased. One thing , actually two things that concern me is our defensive frailty - and that horrendous cut on Rooney's thigh.

EDIT: Sir Alex has said that he'll be out for 4 week's. I hope it isn't that long. We need our Talisman.

Yup thats gonna take a while to heal. Any so-called advantage Utd had over City (according to the 'pundits'), especially with Aguero out, has been negated by Rooney's injury.

Post #: 133
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 26/8/2012 10:40:47 AM   
Brooksy84

Ferguson is probably made up that Rooney is gona miss international duty now.
Swansea looked impressive yesterday. From their point of view it's a positive that they have strength all over the pitch, not just having to rely on one or two strong players like a lot of other sides (including many that finished last season in the top ten). Villa look every bit as toss as they did last season.

http://averagefootballfan.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 134
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 26/8/2012 11:47:24 AM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

Yes a win, and a belter from van Persie! if you didn't see it, watch it again on MOTD (of course if you're a Gunner - I wouldn't advise it!), Home debut goal from Kagawa too. So pleased. One thing , actually two things that concern me is our defensive frailty - and that horrendous cut on Rooney's thigh.

EDIT: Sir Alex has said that he'll be out for 4 week's. I hope it isn't that long. We need our Talisman.

Yup thats gonna take a while to heal. Any so-called advantage Utd had over City (according to the 'pundits'), especially with Aguero out, has been negated by Rooney's injury.

If you'd said that before the league game at the Empty-had last season I'd have probably agreed, however he's been calling it in for a while now, I'm still a lot happier having RVP as our main forward with a selection from Anderson, Young, Kagawa, Valencia, Nani (if he doesn't go - there was a bizarre rumour going round yesterday that City were in for him, it seems absurd but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes before Friday) supporting him and Wellbeck/Hernandez available as alternative options

< Message edited by ChickMagnet -- 26/8/2012 11:49:42 AM >

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 135
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 26/8/2012 4:33:15 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

If you'd said that before the league game at the Empty-had last season I'd have probably agreed, however he's been calling it in for a while now, I'm still a lot happier having RVP as our main forward with a selection from Anderson, Young, Kagawa, Valencia, Nani (if he doesn't go - there was a bizarre rumour going round yesterday that City were in for him, it seems absurd but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes before Friday) supporting him and Wellbeck/Hernandez available as alternative options

lol! The 'Empty-had'! I'm going to use that!

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 136
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 27/8/2012 10:57:52 AM   
Skiba

Modric finally buggers off to Madrid

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 137
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 27/8/2012 12:50:31 PM   
kata

quote:

A kind of 4-2-3-1 with RVP up front on his own, with Kagawa in the hole and Valencia + Nani/Young/whoever you prefer out wide, is the best formation for the squad Fergie has.

I concur, this Rooney injury will probably see us play that for the foreseeable. Both Nani and Young are getting on my tits atm though.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 138
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 27/8/2012 2:01:26 PM   
horribleives

Pulis on Match Of The Day: 'Wilkinson throwing himself in front of the ball like that just epitomises what Stoke are all about'.
You mean when he cheated and blocked it with his hand? Aye, I couldn't agree more.
Another thing that annoyed me this weekend - I've no complaints about Chelsea beating us as they were clearly the better side but jesus, is there a softer footballer than David Luiz? Man up for fuck's sake, you're a centre half.
Unless he just likes the attention of that Chelsea physio in which case - nice one, curly.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 27/8/2012 2:02:40 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 139
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 27/8/2012 5:09:36 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Real and Barca have spent the last fews years creaming off the PL's best talent the cunts!

Alonso
Mascherano
Fabregas
Ronaldo
Modric

Every year it's another one nicked

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 140
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 27/8/2012 5:38:04 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

Real and Barca have spent the last fews years creaming off the PL's best talent the cunts!

Alonso
Mascherano
Fabregas
Ronaldo
Modric

To be fair atleast its only Madrid and Barca,two major clubs who have been very subdued during this transfer window.

I think a pair of Modric , Alonso and Ozil in a more attacking role will do wonders for Madrid.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 141
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 27/8/2012 6:58:49 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

Alonso
Mascherano
Fabregas
Ronaldo
Modric

If Barca or Madrid come in for you its difficult to say no, no matter who you are.

Post #: 142
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 28/8/2012 9:09:41 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

Hazard is kicking arse already - looks a superb signing. I get the feeling the Reading match will be a sign of things to come this season for Chelsea, scoring and shipping tons of goals!

I hope you're right Flukey... The Champions of Europe are playing some lovely stuff so far. Almost too good to be true, so I am just waiting for the inevitable injuries and bad defensive errors in the bigs games... we were bottom of that mini-league last year and we have to improve.

Post #: 143
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 28/8/2012 10:25:28 AM   
erasheha1985

quote:

Alonso
Mascherano
Fabregas
Ronaldo
Modric

Nicked? it's hardly any different to premier league clubs importing their best talent from abroad.

Post #: 144
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 28/8/2012 11:21:11 AM   
Olaf

The PL has spent the last few years creaming off the Prva HNL's best talent the cunts!

Modric
Eduardo
Balaban
Stimac
Corluka

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to erasheha1985)
Post #: 145
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 28/8/2012 11:33:12 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 146
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 28/8/2012 12:15:13 PM   
superdan

I love the way not a single one of those players 'nicked' (Ronaldo, £80m - what a theft!) by Real and Barca actually came through the ranks of an English club, and each were in fact 'nicked' from another club by an English club

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 147
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 28/8/2012 12:39:26 PM   
matty_b

Don't let facts get in the way, so-called 'super'dan.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 148
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 28/8/2012 12:53:13 PM   
Harry Lime

Players who have particularly impressed me in the opening couple of games (in alphabetical order):-

Moussa Dembélé (Fulham)
Nathan Dyer (Swansea)
Marouane Fellaini (Everton)
Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Shinji Kagawa (Manchester Utd)
Miguel Michu (Swansea)
Raheem Sterling (Liverpool)

< Message edited by Harry Lime -- 28/8/2012 12:56:48 PM >

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 149
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 28/8/2012 1:00:44 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Good list. I'd add De Gea, who flapped again at the weekend but has pulled off some cracking saves. And the keeper from Wigan, Al-Habsi. I'd also mention Kakatu, I stil don't see why Chelsea put him out on loan, they are chasing so many cups this season, but a great win for WBA.

EDIT : I should have mentioned Cazorla too

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 28/8/2012 6:05:01 PM >

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI