Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 18/3/2013 10:02:17 PM   
Rinc

This is great, a visualisation of the PL season so far: http://www.leagueslider.com

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 751
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 18/3/2013 10:08:57 PM   
directorscut

Arsenal are like BTTF's DeLorean. Constantly stopping and starting.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 752
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 11:44:13 AM   
erasheha1985

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Red card every day of the week!

It really is horrible, although clean as a whistle according to Dave Whelan, although he has a history of talking shit.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 753
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 11:46:48 AM   
matty_b

We all knew this day was coming -

http://www.michaelowen.com/

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to erasheha1985)
Post #: 754
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 12:39:30 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: erasheha1985

quote:

It really is horrible, although clean as a whistle according to Dave Whelan, although he has a history of talking shit.

That is fucking despicable. How that fucker didn't get red carded and strung up by his balls, i will never know.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 755
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 1:16:02 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Fair enough, you've got issues with Pardew but what he did or said 5 or 6 years ago has got bugger all to do with what happened on sunday - different club, totally different staff, and Pardew wasn't even involved so this 'you can always rely on Pardew et al to act like knobs' stuff isn't entirely accurate. And if there's a manager out there who doesn't have a smidgen of egotism in him I'm yet to see him.
As for the scuffle, fair enough Carver was shouting at McManaman, but he certainly never went for him - it was the Wigan coach who raised his hands and started pushing people around (twice). Carver deserved the red for reacting but I think he's perfectly entitled to have a word with someone who's just crippled one of his players. Though as I said elsewhere, it's not even McManaman I've got the biggest beef with - he's a young lad who, for whatever reason, badly misjudged a tackle, but let's be honest, plenty of players have - it's the useless officials, Martinez and that stupid old bastard Whelan who are boiling my piss.

Well it does to me because that's the character he's always represented to me as a football fan, and it doesn't just come from his days as Charlton manager either, he was like that at West Ham and had plenty of falling-outs at Southampton too, resulting in him losing his job there when they were in a very good position in the league. I don't think Carver's behaviour was at all professional and that's why he's been sent off, it created a scuffle and I'm tired of seeing these things happening in football but I agree about Martinez's comments, they were disgraceful and utterly ridiculous especially the bit about "a striker's tackle", utter rubbish, and as for the officials, well they should be suspended after that like the player is being but won't be, you can guarantee that.

Again, what has his behaviour at three other clubs got to do with an incident on sunday that he wasn't even slightly involved in?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 756
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 2:38:25 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

quote:

Fair enough, you've got issues with Pardew but what he did or said 5 or 6 years ago has got bugger all to do with what happened on sunday - different club, totally different staff, and Pardew wasn't even involved so this 'you can always rely on Pardew et al to act like knobs' stuff isn't entirely accurate. And if there's a manager out there who doesn't have a smidgen of egotism in him I'm yet to see him.
As for the scuffle, fair enough Carver was shouting at McManaman, but he certainly never went for him - it was the Wigan coach who raised his hands and started pushing people around (twice). Carver deserved the red for reacting but I think he's perfectly entitled to have a word with someone who's just crippled one of his players. Though as I said elsewhere, it's not even McManaman I've got the biggest beef with - he's a young lad who, for whatever reason, badly misjudged a tackle, but let's be honest, plenty of players have - it's the useless officials, Martinez and that stupid old bastard Whelan who are boiling my piss.

Well it does to me because that's the character he's always represented to me as a football fan, and it doesn't just come from his days as Charlton manager either, he was like that at West Ham and had plenty of falling-outs at Southampton too, resulting in him losing his job there when they were in a very good position in the league. I don't think Carver's behaviour was at all professional and that's why he's been sent off, it created a scuffle and I'm tired of seeing these things happening in football but I agree about Martinez's comments, they were disgraceful and utterly ridiculous especially the bit about "a striker's tackle", utter rubbish, and as for the officials, well they should be suspended after that like the player is being but won't be, you can guarantee that.

Again, what has his behaviour at three other clubs got to do with an incident on sunday that he wasn't even slightly involved in?

Because I've seen this kind of behaviour from both himself, and his coaching staff before, so it doesn't surprise me. Maybe he needs to have a word in Carver's ear.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 757
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 3:36:40 PM   
directorscut

http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2013/mar/callum-mcmanaman-no-retrospective-action-wigan-newcastle.aspx

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 758
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 3:37:48 PM   
erasheha1985

FA taking no further action....due to re-referring nonsense. And nothing to do with FIFA or UEFA which the FA hide behind, because their rules do allow such action.

< Message edited by erasheha1985 -- 19/3/2013 3:41:56 PM >

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 759
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 3:41:30 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

That is fucking despicable. How that fucker didn't get red carded and strung up by his balls, i will never know.

FA taking no further action....due to re-referring nonsense. And nothing to do with FIFA or UEFA which the FA hide behind, because their rules do allow such action.

Oh that stupid fucking rule about not following up with action due to the referee deciding against taking action in the game again is it? Do these plums not realize this is plays a part in forcing more criticism at the door of referees?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

Post #: 760
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 3:45:27 PM   
erasheha1985

It's utter nonsense, especially as other countries do use retrospective punishment, as FIFA allows, but our football authorities refuse to sign up to it, it seems because there are so many conflicting interests involved.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 761
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 4:31:20 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

Yes its a complete nonsense. They say it is to avoid re-refereeing of incidents, but it is totally clear to any football fan that an incident like this needs re-refereeing.

Ashamed by the actions of Wigan too. I remember a couple of months ago when there was an incident with Fellaini (a headbutt against Stoke). I think in that case Moyes practically called for the player to be banned and told his dressing room that the action was unacceptable. I still think that a cynic can argue that Fellaini would have been banned and by admitting responsibility Moyes could have prevented a longer ban, but it still stands out as a case of the right thing being done whereas "plucky little Wigan" will now for many be "cheating fuckers, hope they go down Wigan".

Post #: 762
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 4:59:54 PM   
Skiba

It's been a while since the FA have dropped a clanger and this is a real one...incredible. Just hiding behind their desks and their rules. Ineptitude of the highest order...we get another reminder of their ineptitude again at Wembley again soon when we see all those empty seats right in front of the cameras.

EDIT: Apparently Zaha has been given a one match ban and a 3,000 fan for flicking the 'V' to Leeds fans...leg breakers are fine but naughty fingers are obviously not.

< Message edited by Skiba -- 19/3/2013 5:09:26 PM >

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 763
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 19/3/2013 6:29:02 PM   
Beno

As a Toon fan im furious. Just heard an FA Lacky on Talksport explaining the ins and outs of how they came to todays ruling and to be honest its a blinkered set of rulings that cant take in different variables and events such as what went on at the Wigan game.

I just hope Haidara will play for us again.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 764
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 26/3/2013 11:09:09 AM   
Professor Moriarty

So, Reading appoint Adkins.

I'm not saying this is a bad appointment, he did well at Southampton and imo was unlucky to be outed from the position. But it does seem very much to me like a straight substitution as I thought that McDermott did well at Reading and was unlucky to be outed from the position. Reading's next match but one is vs. Southampton, so that should be tasty.

I'm not really sure what Adkins wants to achieve from this. With Reading 7 points off safety and with only 8 games remaining, it seems a real outside chance that he will keep them up. In which case, he's pretty much admitting that he is a Championship manager and you just wonder if he should have sat at home for a couple of months and waited to see if anything else in the PL came up. Its hardly like he's moving to a safer position now.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 765
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 27/3/2013 10:45:57 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

This is an interesting article on yesterday Suarez incident (yes another one):LINK
How did the Uruguayan press deal with this moment?,why, blame the British press of course.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 27/3/2013 11:43:46 PM >

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 766
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 27/3/2013 11:32:12 PM   
Saltire

He's just trying to hug him but somehow missed.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 767
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 30/3/2013 9:48:51 PM   
Dark Knight

Sunderland have just sacked Martin O'Neill

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 768
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 30/3/2013 9:58:02 PM   
directorscut

lol @ Mulumbu.

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 769
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 30/3/2013 10:01:23 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

MON found out again. Spends a fortune, delivers fuck all.

No doubt the media will claim he was unlucky.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 770
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 30/3/2013 10:14:09 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

MON found out again. Spends a fortune, delivers fuck all.

No doubt the media will claim he was unlucky.

Ain't that the truth!

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 771
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 30/3/2013 10:43:09 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I tell you what, I wouldn't be surprised if MON took over from Moyes at Everton at the start of next season.That's if Moyes does leave the toffees.

MON has always been over-hyped to a degree.

Post #: 772
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 31/3/2013 9:59:33 PM   
Goodfella

Sunderland have appointed Paolo Di Canio as manager on a two-year contract, which I don't think will greatly surprise anyone given they clearly had a successor already in place before they sacked O'Neill yesterday and PDC was the name out there.

Personally I think it's a very good appointment. My experience of Di Canio as a Charlton fan is he was a guy who fired everyone up, a fantastic player, a passionate leader and somebody who demanded 100%. Sure he's, shall we say, unorthodox and is not short of his critics for numerous reasons but he did a great job at Swindon, no-one can deny that and this is the step up he's been after. Good luck too him!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 773
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 31/3/2013 10:12:32 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Sunderland have appointed Paolo Di Canio as manager on a two-year contract, which I don't think will greatly surprise anyone given they clearly had a successor already in place before they sacked O'Neill yesterday and PDC was the name out there.

Personally I think it's a very good appointment. My experience of Di Canio as a Charlton fan is he was a guy who fired everyone up, a fantastic player, a passionate leader and somebody who demanded 100%. Sure he's, shall we say, unorthodox and is not short of his critics for numerous reasons but he did a great job at Swindon, no-one can deny that and this is the step up he's been after. Good luck too him!

Yes he does come across as a lovely fascist.
But at least he's not a racist.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 31/3/2013 10:15:22 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 774
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 31/3/2013 10:33:05 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

Yes he does come across as a lovely fascist.
But at least he's not a racist.

I'm not even getting involved in any of that, I'm just talking from the standpoint of the job he did for us and the job he has done since going into football management.

Post #: 775
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 31/3/2013 11:17:18 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Should we totally ignore that aspect because he did a half decent job?
For me, if he holds those beliefs he's a grade A1 bellend.

On the plus side away fans should be able to rely on the trains being punctual next season to the stadium of light.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 776
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 31/3/2013 11:41:39 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

Should we totally ignore that aspect because he did a half decent job?
For me, if he holds those beliefs he's a grade A1 bellend.

On the plus side away fans should be able to rely on the trains being punctual next season to the stadium of light.

I never said that, I just said I'm not interested in getting into it and to be honest I'm not greatly surprised you have this opinion of him anyway, it's pretty inevitable your going to hold him in the same regard as I do Simon Jordan I should imagine.

I thought the trains were always punctual 'up north'?

Post #: 777
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 1/4/2013 9:14:13 PM   
directorscut

Will QPR be in existence in two years time?

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 778
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 1/4/2013 9:24:48 PM   
horribleives

After the season we've had, any excuse to laugh at sunderland is fine by me.

Went to the Etihad on saturday. I've been to loads of english grounds but I don't think I've ever seen a more lifeless home crowd and a more subdued response to a 4-0 win. The fans near to us were in good form and there was plenty of singing back-and-forth with them but that was pretty much it, and the rest of the crowd barely celebrated any of the goals never mind hang round til the end (loads left on 3-0 and by the time of the fourth there was such a mass exodus you'd think the final whistle had gone). I mean, fair enough, they've had a disappointing season and the league's gone but jesus, if that's what success does to you you can keep it. People say Old Trafford lacks atmosphere but at least they get behind their team when they're winning. The irony is I went to Maine Road years ago when City were shite and there was a fantastic, intimidating atmosphere. Not that any of this matters to fans if they can keep on winning stuff from now on but it's just all a bit alien to me.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 779
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/4/2013 5:42:04 AM   
Saltire

quote:

After the season we've had, any excuse to laugh at sunderland is fine by me.

Went to the Etihad on saturday. I've been to loads of english grounds but I don't think I've ever seen a more lifeless home crowd and a more subdued response to a 4-0 win. The fans near to us were in good form and there was plenty of singing back-and-forth with them but that was pretty much it, and the rest of the crowd barely celebrated any of the goals never mind hang round til the end (loads left on 3-0 and by the time of the fourth there was such a mass exodus you'd think the final whistle had gone). I mean, fair enough, they've had a disappointing season and the league's gone but jesus, if that's what success does to you you can keep it. People say Old Trafford lacks atmosphere but at least they get behind their team when they're winning. The irony is I went to Maine Road years ago when City were shite and there was a fantastic, intimidating atmosphere. Not that any of this matters to fans if they can keep on winning stuff from now on but it's just all a bit alien to me.

Yup the glory hunters have infected the place and caused that, its a common occurrence in England now.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI