Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 31/1/2013 11:39:54 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

On reflection what is going to be seen as more awkward. Sky Sports news with their colour coordinated presenters and desperation to make the most boring deadline day in history seem vaguely important or Odemwingie's first day back at training with WBA?

I agree, it's all been fairly woeful and this transfer window is notorious for being incredibly overrated, I'd say the best signing of the day is Jack Butland joining Stoke, it's probably the only one we'll be able to all remember in a couple of years time! Simon Jordan says QPR is like "the lunatics running the asylum." Ask the administrators of CPFC in 2007 all about that, he'd certainly know...

They've got someone much closer to home to ask, good old 'Arry who's well accustomed to this setup from his Pompey days.

I've never rated him and couldn't have been happier when Woy was chosen as England manager. 'Arry has built a managerial career on spending money, it's his only tactic.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 571
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 1/2/2013 10:05:08 AM   
horribleives

Anyone see Redknapp's interview on Football Focus last night? He couldn't lie straight in bed.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 572
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 1/2/2013 11:29:04 AM   
Professor Moriarty

"I am a very emotional person who sometimes doesn't think," : Odemwingie

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 573
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 2/2/2013 2:42:53 PM   
Nexus Wookie

So the 'fruit cake' could've won it for QPR. Can't say i really smpathise with their plight. In fact if they get relegated today i wouldn't be too bothered. Good riddance.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 574
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 2/2/2013 2:48:49 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

So the 'fruit cake' could've won it for QPR. Can't say i really smpathise with their plight. In fact if they get relegated today i wouldn't be too bothered. Good riddance.

I think many of us feel the same about them.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 575
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 2/2/2013 4:23:36 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Wow Villa, especially Benteke is on FIRE! Its not easy playing away at Everton, but 3-1 up? That is crazy!

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 576
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 2/2/2013 4:26:34 PM   
directorscut

Sorry Everton fans, it's all my fault. I but Baines in my FF team.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 577
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 2/2/2013 7:21:57 PM   
Olaf

quote:

"I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain, I kind of wondered where that British involvement actually was when I looked at their team. It's important that top clubs don't lose sight of the fact that it's the English Premier League and English players should be involved.

Foreign players have been fantastic. We have learned from them and from foreign coaches.

It's an English club but not an English success."

quote:

"If you can't learn about being a person and a footballer from Yohan Cabaye, then you shouldn't be a footballer. The guy gives you everything," he said.

"He's not a local boy, he's not from London or Manchester - he's from France. It's about good players and that's what the Newcastle's fans want.

"The game has changed, the English game is morphing into the European game. There's more thinking, the passion and the speed is often tweaked up for the Premier League."

top bants from Pardew. wish we had bought Sissoko though, what a player.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 578
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 2/2/2013 7:39:32 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Ah man...that was a fucking relief!

Well done to the lads for grafting out a hard win against a resilient Fulham side.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 579
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 11:28:37 AM   
Nexus Wookie

So a very thrilling day of Premier League action yesterday, more of the same please today...

Being a United fan, it'll be very 'unusual' for me to want Liverpool to win at the Eithad today. But yeah, i hope they do are at least get a draw.

Post #: 580
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 3:39:04 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

"I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain, I kind of wondered where that British involvement actually was when I looked at their team. It's important that top clubs don't lose sight of the fact that it's the English Premier League and English players should be involved.

Foreign players have been fantastic. We have learned from them and from foreign coaches.

It's an English club but not an English success."

quote:

"If you can't learn about being a person and a footballer from Yohan Cabaye, then you shouldn't be a footballer. The guy gives you everything," he said.

"He's not a local boy, he's not from London or Manchester - he's from France. It's about good players and that's what the Newcastle's fans want.

"The game has changed, the English game is morphing into the European game. There's more thinking, the passion and the speed is often tweaked up for the Premier League."

top bants from Pardew. wish we had bought Sissoko though, what a player.

You're a tad late dredging up that old chestnut as it was already quoted in every paper in the land a week-and-a-half ago but yes, our Alan does talk some crap from time to time.
Sissoko was unreal yesterday, it was like having our own Yaya Toure. I'm sure you lot would have bought him if it weren't for Wenger's commendable refusal to gain an unfair advantage on other clubs by buying players in january...

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 581
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 4:01:04 PM   
Olaf

Meh, I didn't see it posted here and it made me laugh so whatever. W-we don't need Sissoko though, c-cos we've got Diaby who is like t-totally injury-free and a new signing. Right??

(the most tragic thing is that we were on the verge of getting Capoue on deadline day but Toulouse wouldn't sell... because they'd already sold Sissoko. life isn't fair.)

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 582
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 5:33:48 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Wow. Liverpool need to win this as they've been by far the better team.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 583
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 5:38:45 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Fucking Aguero. What a Kunt.

Post #: 584
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 5:51:41 PM   
Nexus Wookie

What the fuck was Reina doing so far out? He's most probably cost his team a deserved win.

Post #: 585
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 7:02:38 PM   
Rinc

quote:

I can understand where you're coming from, but I just can't agree when there's been no team to dominate the Champions League in the way you're describing. You can point to domestic dominance, but it's totally arbitrary when it comes to European football (which is what my point with the wall of text about Barcelona was). Being the best in a league means nothing except being better than the other teams in that country, and has no correlation to being the best team in Europe. The PL was well behind the Serie A and La Liga throughout the 90s and the early 00s as well, so that needs to be taken into consideration. And during the period in the mid/late-00s where English football became the dominant force, they were the most successful English team in the tournament (along with Liverpool). The only time in the history of the CL where one team has been the best in Europe for a number of years in a row is recently with Barcelona, and even then they haven't won it back to back.

How have I described dominating the CL? Because you seem to think I mean a team should win the CL every season. I haven't said that. I even said in my last post there's never been a 3-5 period when Man Utd could be called the best team in Europe. And I didn't mention winning it every year. The domestic dominance isn't totally arbitary and you can't write that off. If a team is the best in a league such as the PL then they theoretically should be one of the best teams in Europe given the standard of players and the resources available. Being one of the best teams in Europe should mean they get far in the CL every year. Man Utd have done that recently yes but they haven't always. And throughout the last 20 years it's been rare when at the start of the tournament people say Man Utd are the best in Europe and are favourites. There always seems to be another team more highly rated than them. Why is that?

Also Real Madrid were widely considered the best team in Europe in the late 90s and they won 3 finals in that time. So it's not just Barca.

quote:

If you take Ferguson's record in Europe in what it should be based on - his performances in Europe, and not about how he 'should have done' - then it's roughly as good as Real Madrid (six consecutive round of 16 exits from 04/05 to 09/10), Barcelona (the aforementioned five early exits), Bayern Munich (four) or A.C. Milan (five). If these teams aren't the closest to 'dominant' you can think of in the Champions League, I don't know who are.

That's ridiculous, you can't ignore how teams 'should have done'. You might think Man Utd have done fine in the CL in the last 20 years but I guarantee you Ferguson will not be happy with winning it twice. And once again you're listing teams (apart from Bayern who as I said are famous for being bottlers in Europe) who have had periods when they haven't been very good (comparatively). Milan have only won 3 Serie A titles in the last 17 years. And yet all of those have won more than Man Utd in Europe. Why? Because they are just better at the tournament for some reason.

I really don't know how you can disagree that Man Utd haven't transferred their domestic success to Europe. Whether that means being considered the best team in Europe or just winning the CL more often, they just haven't done it. There's two things people remember when talking about periods of time - who won the trophies and who played the best football. I don't think anyone will look back on anytime between 1993 and 2013 and say Man Utd were either of those. Other teams will though.

Maybe the Man Utd fans can answer on here whether they're happy with only winning it twice in the last 20 years?

< Message edited by Rinc -- 3/2/2013 7:09:03 PM >

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 586
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 7:08:20 PM   
Professor Moriarty

It will be interesting in the near future to see how teams like Shakhtar start to do in the later stages. They have a ton of money to buy players and relatively little opposition at home, so they can just concentrate on CL success. Kind of like a Celtic with cash

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 587
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 7:20:50 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

I can understand where you're coming from, but I just can't agree when there's been no team to dominate the Champions League in the way you're describing. You can point to domestic dominance, but it's totally arbitrary when it comes to European football (which is what my point with the wall of text about Barcelona was). Being the best in a league means nothing except being better than the other teams in that country, and has no correlation to being the best team in Europe. The PL was well behind the Serie A and La Liga throughout the 90s and the early 00s as well, so that needs to be taken into consideration. And during the period in the mid/late-00s where English football became the dominant force, they were the most successful English team in the tournament (along with Liverpool). The only time in the history of the CL where one team has been the best in Europe for a number of years in a row is recently with Barcelona, and even then they haven't won it back to back.

How have I described dominating the CL? Because you seem to think I mean a team should win the CL every season. I haven't said that. I even said in my last post there's never been a 3-5 period when Man Utd could be called the best team in Europe. And I didn't mention winning it every year. The domestic dominance isn't totally arbitary and you can't write that off. If a team is the best in a league such as the PL then they theoretically should be one of the best teams in Europe given the standard of players and the resources available. Being one of the best teams in Europe should mean they get far in the CL every year. Man Utd have done that recently yes but they haven't always. And throughout the last 20 years it's been rare when at the start of the tournament people say Man Utd are the best in Europe and are favourites. There always seems to be another team more highly rated than them. Why is that?

Also Real Madrid were widely considered the best team in Europe in the late 90s and they won 3 finals in that time. So it's not just Barca.

quote:

If you take Ferguson's record in Europe in what it should be based on - his performances in Europe, and not about how he 'should have done' - then it's roughly as good as Real Madrid (six consecutive round of 16 exits from 04/05 to 09/10), Barcelona (the aforementioned five early exits), Bayern Munich (four) or A.C. Milan (five). If these teams aren't the closest to 'dominant' you can think of in the Champions League, I don't know who are.

That's ridiculous, you can't ignore how teams 'should have done'. You might think Man Utd have done fine in the CL in the last 20 years but I guarantee you Ferguson will not be happy with winning it twice. And once again you're listing teams (apart from Bayern who as I said are famous for being bottlers in Europe) who have had periods when they haven't been very good (comparatively). Milan have only won 3 Serie A titles in the last 17 years. And yet all of those have won more than Man Utd in Europe. Why? Because they are just better at the tournament for some reason.

I really don't know how you can disagree that Man Utd haven't transferred their domestic success to Europe. Whether that means being considered the best team in Europe or just winning the CL more often, they just haven't done it. There's two things people remember when talking about periods of time - who won the trophies and who played the best football. I don't think anyone will look back on anytime between 1993 and 2013 and say Man Utd were either of those. Other teams will though.

Maybe the Man Utd fans can answer on here whether they're happy with only winning it twice in the last 20 years?

No.

Like i said before though, both you and Olaf have valid points. In the last 6 years yes we were good in Europe, (forget last year) i mean 3 finals in that period is quite an achievment in itself, but we had the misfortune of playing Barca; who were and still are the best club team in Europe. But if you look back on the last 20 years plus, winning it only twice is not good enough for a team such as United, who have dominated the League for so long. And even Fergie will tell you that.

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 3/2/2013 7:28:29 PM >

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 588
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 7:24:31 PM   
Olaf

I don't even understand what you're saying any more. Yes, I think it makes more sense to judge United's European performances based on actual performances rather than hypothetical 'should have done' performances. No, I didn't suggest that winning consecutive CLs is the only indicator (which is why I referred to those teams' records in reaching the last eight of the tournament as well as their winning records). No, being the best the in PL doesn't mean that you're one of the top three or four teams in Europe if other leagues in Europe are stronger at that time. (I'm saying 'top three or four' since United's position as one of the top eight in Europe has been just as consistent as the other big guns in the tournament.) You're also ignoring just how far behind the Serie A and La Liga the PL was in the early/mid-90s, which skews the statistics even further in the favour of Real, Barca and the big Italian clubs. And United were considered the favourites for a few seasons between the mid-00s and Barca's recent dominance, when they were the best team in the PL and the PL was the best team in Europe.

What other teams do you want me to list? I've named all the most prominent teams in European football (regardless of their domestic fortunes) over the last twenty years and I've shown that Man United's record is equal to all of them pretty much. I can't make this any clearer. (not that this post will make a difference anyway.)

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 589
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 7:29:57 PM   
Olaf

quote:

quote:

No.

r u serious? You're in a tiny minority of clubs to have done so and be in a position to do so again. You're regularly in the latter stages of the tournament. The only thing standing between United and five European Cups is two finals against arguably the greatest club team of all time. And you think Ferguson has actually let you down by only winning the Champions League twice and getting to four finals? Incredible.

< Message edited by Olaf -- 3/2/2013 7:30:48 PM >

Post #: 590
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 7:34:42 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

r u serious? You're in a tiny minority of clubs to have done so and be in a position to do so again. You're regularly in the latter stages of the tournament. The only thing standing between United and five European Cups is two finals against arguably the greatest club team of all time. And you think Ferguson has actually let you down by only winning the Champions League twice and getting to four finals? Incredible.

I don't think he has let anyone down mate. He has done so much for the club its not worth mentioning. But the fact is we should've tried more harder in Europe. At least that is what i feel. And even Fergie has voiced that opinion.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 591
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 7:41:15 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I'm relatively happy with our European performances. The two seasons that pissed me off were 96/97 and 97/98. When we lost in the semis to Borussia Dortmund (where we should have done better) and in the quarters on away goals to Monaco respectively. And there's also 2003/04 where an offside decision against Scholes potentially cost us big time against Mourinho's Porto when the tournament was there for the taking.

Obviously I would have liked to have won it more often but for the most part our performances have been a fair reflection of where the Premier League ranks alongside the other leagues in Europe.

On another note I've been refreshing the Guardian website continuously this evening in anticipation of the article that's surely forthcoming in criticizing Cech's performance yesterday where his inability to gather the ball led to Sissoko's first goal and Reina's performance today where he fluffed his lines for Aguero's goal (cracking finish by the Argentine though).

Or are these types of mistakes only article worthy if De Gea makes them .

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 3/2/2013 7:49:28 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 592
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 8:35:18 PM   
Rinc

quote:

Yes, I think it makes more sense to judge United's European performances based on actual performances rather than hypothetical 'should have done' performances.

Can we extend that to one off performances then? Eg. we should ignore that Chelsea should have beaten Reading yesterday given the differences in personnel? Or should we just base on actual performance?

quote:

No, I didn't suggest that winning consecutive CLs is the only indicator (which is why I referred to those teams' records in reaching the last eight of the tournament as well as their winning records).

I didn't say you suggested winning consecutive Cls was the only indicator. I said it seems like you think I do. Which I don't and I've never said that.

quote:

No, being the best the in PL doesn't mean that you're one of the top three or four teams in Europe if other leagues in Europe are stronger at that time. (I'm saying 'top three or four' since United's position as one of the top eight in Europe has been just as consistent as the other big guns in the tournament.) You're also ignoring just how far behind the Serie A and La Liga the PL was in the early/mid-90s, which skews the statistics even further in the favour of Real, Barca and the big Italian clubs. And United were considered the favourites for a few seasons between the mid-00s and Barca's recent dominance, when they were the best team in the PL and the PL was the best team in Europe.

Ok yes the PL was behind the other leagues in the early 90s. But since then the PL has been one of the top 3 leagues in Europe and so yes I believe theoretically the best team should be one of the best in Europe. I don't recall Man Utd being favourites from the mid-00s. Especially as Chelsea were the best team in England for a couple of years and the mighty Liverpool and Djimi Traore were laying waste to teams across the continent.

quote:

What other teams do you want me to list? I've named all the most prominent teams in European football (regardless of their domestic fortunes) over the last twenty years and I've shown that Man United's record is equal to all of them pretty much. I can't make this any clearer.

I'm not asking you to list any teams, it was you who started using them to compare Man Utd to. It's funny though that you say Man Utd's record is equal to them all pretty much because as I've pointed out all those teams barring Bayern have gone through bad periods in the last 20 years and yet have all won the same or more CLs. So they've actually done as well as or better than Man Utd without having a consistently good team as Man Utd have.

quote:

(not that this post will make a difference anyway.)

My posts don't seem to make a difference either. We're destined to carry this on forever in a Rinc v Lydia style.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 593
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 8:36:02 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

On another note I've been refreshing the Guardian website continuously this evening in anticipation of the article that's surely forthcoming in criticizing Cech's performance yesterday where his inability to gather the ball led to Sissoko's first goal and Reina's performance today where he fluffed his lines for Aguero's goal (cracking finish by the Argentine though).

Or are these types of mistakes only article worthy if De Gea makes them .

De Gea does get hammered while others escape. Cech and Reina are two of the worst culprits for getting away with it.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 594
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 8:58:52 PM   
Olaf

I'll stop now because I feel like a jerk for pursuing this, but two points:

quote:

I'm not asking you to list any teams, it was you who started using them to compare Man Utd to. It's funny though that you say Man Utd's record is equal to them all pretty much because as I've pointed out all those teams barring Bayern have gone through bad periods in the last 20 years and yet have all won the same or more CLs. So they've actually done as well as or better than Man Utd without having a consistently good team as Man Utd have.

my point the whole time has been that United have had a consistently good team *by Premier League standards*. There's only been one period in the last twenty years where that standard is 'best in Europe' standard for an extended period, and that's ca. 2006-2008 when Ronaldo was the best in the world and, yes, United were the favourites for the CL. The point about the other teams mentioned not having a consistently good team is again relative to the quality of the league they were playing in.

quote:

quote:

Yes, I think it makes more sense to judge United's European performances based on actual performances rather than hypothetical 'should have done' performances.

Can we extend that to one off performances then? Eg. we should ignore that Chelsea should have beaten Reading yesterday given the differences in personnel? Or should we just base on actual performance?

Well, you'll initially say 'that's a surprising result' and that's quite normal, but then it's more productive for actual discussion to discuss the actual performance - clearly Reading's strong showing is the real talking point - instead of tediously focusing on how Chelsea should have won (ie the standard remit of football coverage across the country).

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 595
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 9:05:45 PM   
Olaf

and so I won't look like I'm going on about this, OFFICIAL PL FIRST TEAM GOALKEEPER POWER RANKINGS

1. Michel Vorm
2. Asmir Begovic
3. Hugo Lloris
4. Wojciech Szczesny
5. David de Gea
6. Joe Hart
7. Simon Mignolet
8. Tim Krul
9. Tim Howard
10. Petr Cech
11. Julio Cesar
12. John Ruddy
13. Ben Foster
14. Ali Al-Habsi
15. Pepe Reina
16. Mark Schwarzer
17. Jussi Jaaskelainen
18. Brad Guzan
19. Adam Federici
20. Southampton don't count

< Message edited by Olaf -- 3/2/2013 9:08:22 PM >

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 596
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 9:40:23 PM   
Rinc

quote:

my point the whole time has been that United have had a consistently good team *by Premier League standards*. There's only been one period in the last twenty years where that standard is 'best in Europe' standard for an extended period, and that's ca. 2006-2008 when Ronaldo was the best in the world and, yes, United were the favourites for the CL. The point about the other teams mentioned not having a consistently good team is again relative to the quality of the league they were playing in.

I'll leave it after this post too, but just wanted to comment on your points. I really don't remember Man Utd being labelled favourites, just that they were among the favourites. Have you got anything to prove this?

quote:

quote:

Well, you'll initially say 'that's a surprising result' and that's quite normal, but then it's more productive for actual discussion to discuss the actual performance - clearly Reading's strong showing is the real talking point - instead of tediously focusing on how Chelsea should have won (ie the standard remit of football coverage across the country).

I agree it's more productive to talk about the actual performances, and often they're lost. But football matches are and have to be contextualised because they're not one off games which aren't affected by the past or what is happening in the future. In the same way when a good team has a poor season in the CL, you can't just ignore their supposed quality and failure to reach certain standards. That's not how football or life works. Otherwise managers and players would never be held accountable if you don't look at the context.

quote:

I'll stop now because I feel like a jerk for pursuing this, but two points:

You jerk.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 597
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 3/2/2013 11:08:40 PM   
directorscut

Shearer on a player throwing a punch at another: "It's nothing."

Shearer on a player spitting in the general direction of another: "Ban this sick criminal forever!!!"

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 598
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 4/2/2013 12:05:11 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Shearer on a player spitting in the general direction of another: "Ban this sick criminal forever!!!"

Shearer's an idiot. When Williams(?) kicked the ball at RVP's head that time Shearer said "William's said he didn't do it deliberately, and we have to take his word for it", the context of the event aside that "logic" is just moronic.

On a another topic, was anyone here bothered when Liverpool didn't kick the ball out of play for Dzeko? I don't really see what all the fuss is about; it wasn't a head injury and the ref didn't give a foul, I'm surprised Dzeko isn't getting more flack for sitting on the ground while the opposition scored.

It baffles me when people say Reina is world class; he's always been prone to stupid mistakes. I don't understand how young and inexperienced De Geae gets so much criticism when Cech and Reina who are both very experienced get away with it.

< Message edited by musht -- 4/2/2013 12:10:24 AM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 599
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 4/2/2013 6:51:37 AM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

I thought what Popov did was vile, between Ollson's Odemwonga & Popov's behaviour this week I'm ashamed of my team, but Shearer taking the moral high ground! It's not like he ever kicked someone in the head......

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI