Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 6/12/2012 1:19:00 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Martin Samuel is a twat. I hate it when he's on Sunday Supplement.

It's the way he always sounds like he is eating when talking. Even worse when you're listening to the podcast (why do I do it to myself?)

Tell me about it, and he goes on and on and on. The only worse ones are Barclay, Custis (has to be in the right on everything) and that other wab with the watery eyes who looks around seeking attention when he speaks.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 331
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 8/12/2012 11:02:33 PM   
Olaf

I'm watching MOTD on a time delay, Gary just called Michael Laudrup Brian Laudrup. Absolutely disgusting.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 332
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 8/12/2012 11:57:47 PM   
Olaf

"This is what happens in football sometimes, you know, it's disappointing, you have disappointing days in football, we've had a disappointing day"

~ Brian 'Confucius' McDermott

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 333
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 9/12/2012 3:16:44 PM   
Goodfella

Ah, if only United had had the kind of referee they get the other 37 games of the season....

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 9/12/2012 3:17:01 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 334
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 9/12/2012 3:30:19 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Ah, if only United had had the kind of referee they get the other 37 games of the season....

Not to worry, we've got the quality to win regardless...

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 335
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 9/12/2012 3:44:11 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

I wouldn't get so ahead of yourselves just yet, has last season slipped from the memory so quickly....

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 336
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 9/12/2012 3:45:41 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't get so ahead of yourselves just yet, has last season slipped from the memory so quickly....

Heh. I was being a bit sarky based on the fact I fancied us to lose in the United thread.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 337
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 9/12/2012 3:55:20 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Heh. I was being a bit sarky based on the fact I fancied us to lose in the United thread.

Are we taking the reverse pyschology approach City took last season?

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 338
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 9/12/2012 3:57:25 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Hey! We won't make the same mistake twice!

Hopefully.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 339
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 9/12/2012 9:11:14 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Great win for Liverpool and Everton today.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 340
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 9/12/2012 9:28:25 PM   
horribleives

Classy header by Gerrard too.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 341
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 9/12/2012 10:32:54 PM   
directorscut

Dafuq wuz that Joe?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 342
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 10/12/2012 9:11:56 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Martin Samuel is a twat. I hate it when he's on Sunday Supplement.

It's the way he always sounds like he is eating when talking. Even worse when you're listening to the podcast (why do I do it to myself?)

Tell me about it, and he goes on and on and on. The only worse ones are Barclay, Custis (has to be in the right on everything) and that other wab with the watery eyes who looks around seeking attention when he speaks.

I'm not really sure why I continue to subject myself to this. Maybe it is only to confirm that these professional reporters of the game have about as much insight and understanding as me after a few pints in the pub.

I think their ultimate low point came some time last season when a point was made about Italian football and one wag suggested that no one watches it any more (presumably because all games are 1-0 and he's not seen any Serie A since about 1992). Though Barclay was on this week, which itself is a low point. Patrick, who's the better goal keeper, Julio Cesar or Rob Green? Well obviously Cesar has Champions League experience, but isn't used to the standards of the PL, so Rob Green

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 10/12/2012 9:14:17 AM >

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 343
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 10/12/2012 1:17:26 PM   
Professor Moriarty

So, was it genius from Fergie to buy RvP this summer, instead of doing what almost any pundit or fan would have done and invest in midfield? Its certainly starting to look like ManU could win the PL this season off the back of one player. And by that, I don't mean that Rooney or anyone else at Utd isn't contributing, but it seems to be RvP who is popping up and scoring the all important goals that snatch the points for Utd.

I don't know what this says about the PL, that IMO Utd are 1/3 of a team, with a dodgy midfield, a defense that is completely non-existent at times (even for whole games) and yet could well walk away with the title. Or, are they just one RvP injury away from the whole house of cards crashing down?

On the other side of Manchester, there will be talk about Mancini selecting Balotelli to start, but I'd more question those recent starts of Dzeko as a move to appease him when he didn't want to be a supersub, though he was really adding to the team there and seemed much more off the pace starting games.

I think the "holiday" for Chelsea will be interesting. I think it was Southampton who were really struggling before one international break. As they don't have many internationals this meant the manager could spend a whole week with the team going back to basics and since then their defending has lifted. This could happen to Chelsea with Rafa having a week out of the limelight with the Chelsea teams and what could be termed a couple of practise matches with them. Or, the team can find out they really hate him in that time and come back just as bad as they went

Who do we fancy for 4th now? According to Liverpool fans they are just one January signing off a Champions League spot.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 344
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 10/12/2012 1:35:24 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

According to Liverpool fans they are just one January signing off a Champions League spot.

Is Dumbledore on the market then?

An enjoyable day of neutral football yesterday, my only thought being why does Mancini presist with Balotelli?
I wouldn't want him at Leicester to be honest.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 345
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 10/12/2012 1:59:32 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

According to Liverpool fans they are just one January signing off a Champions League spot.

Is Dumbledore on the market then?

An enjoyable day of neutral football yesterday, my only thought being why does Mancini presist with Balotelli?
I wouldn't want him at Leicester to be honest.

I might be wrong, but didn't Balotelli perform well against Utd last season? I can see that as the reason he got a start in this game. I think the problem for a manager is that you don't know when he is going to be "on". He might be brilliant one day, but on the next you'd like to sub him after 5 minutes as he just doesn't look like he wants to play today. And I think Mancini is starting to make it clear that this isn't a kick about on the beach where you can choose to perform or not, this is a profession and you can't be in the first team if you don't get up for each game and leave it all on the pitch. Unfortunately, if Mancini can't get him playing, they back themselves into a corner of having an asset that will be hard to move on given his price and wage (unless he wants to go to Russia).

I'd personally have a bigger problem with Nasri. Every time I saw him at Arsenal he gave what I'd consider a MotM performance, causing trouble for other teams with his vision and creativity. I see that very rarely now for City. Its almost like he decided that as every player around him was so good that he could take a breather now and not try so hard.

Outside of City, and again only highlights, but Wilshere looked like he was right back there. Unfortunately, if he is playing next to Arteta and he bursts all the way forward this leaves the Arsenal defense exposed, but hey I'm happy to watch him flying up the field.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 346
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 10/12/2012 3:05:10 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Yeah i agree, Nasri's become a proper knob after moving to City. Whilst at Arsenal i feel he was a knob in waiting, at City he's let his inner knob run free. What a knob.

Post #: 347
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 10/12/2012 6:30:14 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

Yeah i agree, Nasri's become a proper knob after moving to City. Whilst at Arsenal i feel he was a knob in waiting, at City he's let his inner knob run free. What a knob.

Post #: 348
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 10/12/2012 6:51:07 PM   
Rinc

quote:

On the other side of Manchester, there will be talk about Mancini selecting Balotelli to start, but I'd more question those recent starts of Dzeko as a move to appease him when he didn't want to be a supersub, though he was really adding to the team there and seemed much more off the pace starting games.

On his day Balotelli is immense but he is far too inconsistent. I really don't understand why Mancini doesn't just stick with Aguero and Tevez as much as possible, they are both world class and much more consistent.

Like you say Nasri is a big problem and the defence isn't quite as strong as last season because the defenders are moved around a bit and they miss De Jong as the hatchet man.

quote:

Who do we fancy for 4th now? According to Liverpool fans they are just one January signing off a Champions League spot.

We're not far off really, we just need a left back, another winger and striker. But us getting closer is in part due to the other teams being poorer. I still think Arsenal and Spurs will be up there and Everton and us will compete but I expect the other teams like West Brom to fall away (as they already seem to be doing).

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 349
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 11/12/2012 2:32:15 PM   
gazpop

not an Enrique fan then?

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 350
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 11/12/2012 2:38:30 PM   
Olaf

b-but Stewart Downing can pay at left-back!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 351
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 11/12/2012 2:41:08 PM   
Professor Moriarty

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 352
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 11/12/2012 11:19:18 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

not an Enrique fan then?

I'm liking him more playing further forward, he's the kind of direct player we lack in midfield. He seems to have more strength when playing further forward while at the back is given the run around a bit. We still need another, better left winger and left back (unless Robinson comes through or Johnson moves permanently there).

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 353
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 17/12/2012 10:07:23 AM   
jediwarrior

Well hopefully Fellaini gets the book thrown at him today after Saturday. He's always been a dirty little shit.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 354
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 17/12/2012 12:01:22 PM   
Saltire

3 games it should be, no more, no less.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 355
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 17/12/2012 12:14:49 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Interesting that it is two players with a very high profile going into the transfer window. I'm not condoning Fellaini at all, but I do think the level of "dirty" tactics in the box has got out of hand. So far so, that I don't know how referees reign it in now. We'll all go on about how a player diving is cheating, and that's to some extent because it makes a nice TV replay and talking point. But its got to be a form of cheating some of the defending that goes on at set pieces. And on the rare occasion this is punished, its usually met with some degree of astonishment by commentators.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 17/12/2012 12:16:44 PM >

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 356
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 17/12/2012 2:17:21 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Well hopefully Fellaini gets the book thrown at him today after Saturday. He's always been a dirty little shit.

Could have done a lot worse. Could have broken the guy's leg.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 357
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 17/12/2012 4:06:44 PM   
Brooksy84

Talk of a 9 game ban for Fellaini would be fully justified in my opinion. Absolutely disgraceful, not justified or understandable in any way by the fact he was getting his shirt pulled. The worst part is the little look towards the ref to make sure he wasn't looking before he planted the nut. If Barton got 12 games for his antics in the summer (and I fully agree with that) then Fellaini surely needs somewhere approaching that.

http://averagefootballfan.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 358
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 17/12/2012 6:01:19 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Could have done a lot worse. Could have broken the guy's leg.

maybe this incident was devised by that wily old fox Moyesy in an attempt to deter buyers in January? No one wants to buy a player who could be out til the end of February, it's genius.

Also, surely a headbutt isn't worth a longer ban than multiple counts of racist abuse, to give an example? Barton's ban was only as long as it was because it was multiple instances of 'violent conduct' (the initial red card, the kick on Aguero, the headbutt on Kompany = three counts of violent conduct = three four match bans). A four game ban for Fellaini would have been best, though three matches isn't really *too* much of a miscarriage of justice.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 359
RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion - 17/12/2012 8:32:07 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Bye bye Reading. City up next and they seem to be odds on to be at the foot of the league and ready for relegation come Jan 1.

They look a long way off PL pace. So I'd keep McDermott and prepare for an assault on the Championship next season. Also, they have put together late runs before. But he must be half wondering if there'll be a P45 on his desk, instead of a Christmas card.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2012-2013 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI