Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Justice League

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Justice League Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Justice League - 4/12/2012 11:22:45 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Lair of Nerd is reporting that (in shock news) that Darkseid will be the BigBad of the JLA movie.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to endjinnoil)
Post #: 31
RE: Justice League - 4/12/2012 11:40:02 AM   
Rob

He would seem to be the most logical villain in my opinion. Also it seems that JGL's people have quashed the earlier rumours about him being Batman again.

Also I'm not convinced that the Justice League are too powerful to have a credible threat. The Avengers have the Hulk and Thor who are extremely powerful. I'm not looking to engage in a "who would win" debate but the point is that there are easy ways to scale the existing powers of a team to "compliment" that of the antagonist.

More of a concern for me is that WB don't seem to have the strategy in place yet. Part of the reason I wanted to see all of the Marvel films was that it really felt as though they were building to something epic. However, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern all together...hell yeah.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 32
RE: Justice League - 4/12/2012 11:47:01 AM   
Russ Whitfield

As has been noted before - Justice League and Justice League Unlimited animated series totally nailed the Justice League team dynamic, the characters and indeed the credible threat. I don't think WB would go far wrong in appointing Bruce Timm in a producer/creative consultant role.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 33
RE: Justice League - 14/12/2012 12:04:14 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Latino review reckon they've got their hands on the plot for the JLA movie, which features Darkseid and a JLA/JSA team up, based on a Gerry Conway story:

Where is Warner Bros taking its Justice League film, due in 2015? We might just have the answer...

"Warning: inevitably, there may be spoilers for the Justice League film here, if all of these rumours are true...

After the folks over at Latino Review landed themselves a tasty exclusive with the potential reveal of Darkseid as the antagonist for 2015's Justice League movie, it might now have topped that by uncovering the comic books on which the film will be based.

It would appear, if the rumours are correct, that the film will be based on the 1980 run of Justice League Of America. Specifically, issues 183-185 of the run, which were penned by Gerry Conway.

It featured the teaming up of the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America as they set out to thwart Darkseid's plan of destroying the Earth and moving his planet of Apokolips into its place. Sounds like a reasonable thing to do."

www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 34
RE: Justice League - 27/2/2013 10:37:28 PM   
ViewfromRearWindow

I can't see this happening at all, to be honest WB/DC are taking too long to get moving with anything. Marvel had set themselves up perfectly with individual movies the tied in. If WB/DC try to do a stand alone movie it won't work it will be too many characters and too much happening, and a whole lot of too little too late. The thought of a JSA/JLA crossover would be a massive mistake, as again too many characters. Had they got there act together with a Wonderwoman, Flash and maybe a better Green Lantern movie then maybe they would have had a chance, but again too many hugely differing directions were taken with the reboots Batman and now Superman, the mix will be stilted. Wouldn't relish any writers attempt to make it gel. WB/DC probably need to bite the bullet, Marvel got it right, right time, right stories right direction with each step.

Thing is Marvel and DC are such different entities the endless comparisons that happen online are fruitless and pointless, each book/movie is geared to a certain audience.
Its a shame as a JLA movie could really be fun, but what they'd need to do is reboot each character all over again, which as we know they're already considering with Batman again

Post #: 35
RE: Justice League - 28/2/2013 9:51:37 AM   
Dannybohy

Sod JLA! just make Green lantern 2 already!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to endjinnoil)
Post #: 36
RE: Justice League - 28/2/2013 10:41:30 AM   
Harry Tuttle

The problem with Green Lantern is that they've got rid of the villain that would have given them the greatest wealth of material. The destruction of COast City followed by Hal Jordan destroying the Corps under the influence of Parallax before his Rebirth could have been epic on the big screen. Still there's the Sinestro Corps war route they can and probably will go down if a sequel is made.

I say fuck JLA and Green Lantern 2 and get someone to start making a screenplay of Brian Azzarello's current run on Wonder Woman. Epic doesn't even begin to describe it. It's one of the best comics DC have got at the moment (of the ones I'm reading).

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 37
RE: Justice League - 28/2/2013 10:57:25 AM   
Russ Whitfield

I liked Green Lantern.

BUt that aside - Wonder Woman has to be the next one... am I imagining this or was there a rumour that Gina Carrano cameos at the end of MoS as Wondy? I've not seen Haywire yet, but apparently she's pretty good in it - and she does have the European look that a Hellenic stylie Diana should have.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 38
RE: Justice League - 28/2/2013 11:50:29 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Trouble is as bad as it sounds female action flims or probably comic book ones just don't do the same numbers that male characters do.

Post #: 39
RE: Justice League - 28/2/2013 12:02:31 PM   
Russ Whitfield

True dat - its a shame, but there we are.

Maybe TV is the place for the female protagonist - Xena did brilliantly for instance.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 40
RE: Justice League - 28/2/2013 1:33:32 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

The problem with Green Lantern is that they've got rid of the villain that would have given them the greatest wealth of material. The destruction of COast City followed by Hal Jordan destroying the Corps under the influence of Parallax before his Rebirth could have been epic on the big screen. Still there's the Sinestro Corps war route they can and probably will go down if a sequel is made.

I say fuck JLA and Green Lantern 2 and get someone to start making a screenplay of Brian Azzarello's current run on Wonder Woman. Epic doesn't even begin to describe it. It's one of the best comics DC have got at the moment (of the ones I'm reading).

Fuck it! I havent even read Brian Azzzzzzzzarellos Wonder Woman and I want to see that first too!!.

(Green lantern was great)

Post #: 41
RE: Justice League - 28/2/2013 1:34:26 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield

I liked Green Lantern.

BUt that aside - Wonder Woman has to be the next one... am I imagining this or was there a rumour that Gina Carrano cameos at the end of MoS as Wondy? I've not seen Haywire yet, but apparently she's pretty good in it - and she does have the European look that a Hellenic stylie Diana should have.

quote:

Gina Carrano

Gina Carrano = used to be a man ?

Post #: 42
RE: Justice League - 28/2/2013 9:45:38 PM   
Ghidorah

I'm not surprised by the rumours of a possible delay. The rumours are the script is terrible and we most likely see a Batman film before a JLA film. I'm one of those people who find the JLA silly and not consistant. I find it odd these heroes team up all the time and struggle to take down a villian or two together? Superman + Green Martian + Green Lantern plus extras have difficulties taking down a few villains every month?

The best approach is to have Superman as the leading character. He believes himself to be the Earth protector and starting to believe himself to be invincible. With all his power there isn't an oppenant who could beat him. However something caused Superman to be defeated and this threat is threatening the human race. Superman have to accept he isn't all that powerful and need help to defeat this new threat.
It's going to feel like a Superman film but a JLA film need to answer why Superman need help. You can't do a film where random heroes just team up and take down a mind controlling gorilla. Some comic book readers may buy it but the average film goer will not.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 43
RE: Justice League - 1/3/2013 9:19:37 AM   
Dannybohy

I dont think they should make a JLA movie, full stop. Superman should be the earths only defender, forget JLA even exists.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 44
RE: Justice League - 4/3/2013 12:14:14 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I can see THIS RUMOUR going down well with a certain forumite .

I can't see how you could have Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter in Nolan's Batverse to be honest so I hope it turns out to be bunkum.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 45
RE: Justice League - 4/3/2013 10:51:08 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

I can see THIS RUMOUR going down well with a certain forumite .

I can't see how you could have Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter in Nolan's Batverse to be honest so I hope it turns out to be bunkum.

JLA comics could never translater into a good motion picture. It would make The Avengers Assembles look like a Discovery war documentary. However Nolan's version of JLA would be radically different to the comics because one it would have a story and the second he would make it realistic as possible.
The question is are we going to have a Dark Knight rises sequel or is Batman going to be rebooted with some sci fi elements added to it?

Post #: 46
RE: Justice League - 13/3/2013 9:40:57 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I would much rather for them to carry on the TDK continuity by either have a JL or WF (Batman and Superman) film. I actually think the latter could really work and actually pave the way for a JL film. The whole "TDK is too realistic" for Superman et al is a bit of a red herring for me. There's nothing realistic about a bat-costumed vigilante with high-tech gear, a terrorist who vapurises water with a microwave emiiter nor a killer clown who hatches a plan so elaborate and conceited that it can only exist in a comic book. I'd prefer to see TDK as a big prologue for what will eventually become the JL. As the Joker once said: "you've changed things, forever...there's no going back". Batman could have inspired not just the people of Gotham but the world. Hence why after the emergence of Batman, we have these other superheroes who arrive. The only hurdle I see is how to resolve the end of TDKR and its story implications. I think with Goyer and Nolan's careful and steady hands, it can be done. Why waste such a magnificent backstory that's been so well established? I also see Nolan as someone who thrives when the challenge is how to tell a good story. I think that was probably his experience for TDK and most certainly TDKR. It stimulates him to challenge himself and his imagination in crafting a story. Even if he'll only have an overseer role he would still have some input.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 47
RE: Justice League - 12/4/2013 9:11:37 AM   
Artoo

Latino review (who are always good for a scoop or two) have started a rumour that Warner Brothers are doing a lot of concept art using a certain actor's likeness for a certain Justice League character.

The actor - Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy, Pacific Rim)

The Character - The Flash!!!

Now I like Charlie Hunnam and am a huge fan of S.O.A, and am also really looking forward to Pacific Rim,.....but I'm afraid I just don't like him for the Flash! That's Anton Yelchin's gig IMO!!

Discuss!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 48
RE: Justice League - 12/4/2013 11:47:04 AM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

This is true - I've been reading WW, Superman and a couple of Batman titles and WW and Scott Snyder's Batman are neck and neck at the front of the DC pack at present for me. Really good storytelling. Just a shame they reverted back to her 'cheerleader' costume for New 52 - I liked the more practical look she had when JMS was writing.

But, as has since been pointed out, audiences just wouldn't go for a female-led superhero film unfortunately. Also a reason why I doubt a Nolan-verse / Hathaway Catwoman film will ever happen (that and the fact that it has nowhere to go other than as a bloody prequel!).

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

Post #: 49
RE: Justice League - 12/4/2013 2:04:45 PM   
spark1

MOS may set the tone-

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/04/11/man-of-steel-dc-comics-superhero-movies/

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 50
RE: Justice League - 20/4/2013 8:17:08 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

I would much rather for them to carry on the TDK continuity by either have a JL or WF (Batman and Superman) film. I actually think the latter could really work and actually pave the way for a JL film. The whole "TDK is too realistic" for Superman et al is a bit of a red herring for me. There's nothing realistic about a bat-costumed vigilante with high-tech gear, a terrorist who vapurises water with a microwave emiiter nor a killer clown who hatches a plan so elaborate and conceited that it can only exist in a comic book. I'd prefer to see TDK as a big prologue for what will eventually become the JL. As the Joker once said: "you've changed things, forever...there's no going back". Batman could have inspired not just the people of Gotham but the world. Hence why after the emergence of Batman, we have these other superheroes who arrive. The only hurdle I see is how to resolve the end of TDKR and its story implications. I think with Goyer and Nolan's careful and steady hands, it can be done. Why waste such a magnificent backstory that's been so well established? I also see Nolan as someone who thrives when the challenge is how to tell a good story. I think that was probably his experience for TDK and most certainly TDKR. It stimulates him to challenge himself and his imagination in crafting a story. Even if he'll only have an overseer role he would still have some input.

I'd say its considerbly more believable than aliens, an Amazon from Greek mythology and a man who can run at the speed of sound because he got struck by lightning. It really wouldn't work for me. I doubt Nolan would go for it either after giving his Batman a definitive ending.

Assuming MoS does well enough, they`ll probably either get straight onto JL and use it introduce a new Batman (and everyone else), or they'll do the new Batman first, then JL. as for Green Lantern, they could effectively reboot by using one of the other GLs, or actually reboot and recast (since the GL movie didn't quite set the world on fire).

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 51
RE: Justice League - 23/4/2013 11:20:35 AM   
Rob

If, as has been suggested, Man of Steel is the first part in DC's cinematic universe then I think it will still be a few years until anything else comes out of the gate.

Iron Man obviously introduced us to the Avengers Initiative and Stark's appearance in The Incredible Hulk clearly cemented the shared universe but it wasn't until Iron Man 2 and Thor that it felt as though they were definitively building to the Avengers in my opinion. Previously they were nothing more than tiny seeds.

If Man of Steel is seen as the starting point then there could be references to a larger world but I doubt we'd see definitive building blocks until the sequel by which time they might have announced a few more films.

I'd imagine the following schedule:

MOS - 2013
MOS: 2 - 2016
Wonder Woman or Flash - 2017
JLA (featuring new Batman) - 2018

< Message edited by Rob -- 23/4/2013 11:22:54 AM >

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 52
RE: Justice League - 23/4/2013 11:29:25 AM   
AxlReznor

They should bring Paul Dini and Bruce Timm on board. They've already done it successfully once with the DCAU, I'm sure they'd be able to do it again with a DCMU.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 53
RE: Justice League - 1/5/2013 9:36:29 AM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

If, as has been suggested, Man of Steel is the first part in DC's cinematic universe then I think it will still be a few years until anything else comes out of the gate.

Iron Man obviously introduced us to the Avengers Initiative and Stark's appearance in The Incredible Hulk clearly cemented the shared universe but it wasn't until Iron Man 2 and Thor that it felt as though they were definitively building to the Avengers in my opinion. Previously they were nothing more than tiny seeds.

If Man of Steel is seen as the starting point then there could be references to a larger world but I doubt we'd see definitive building blocks until the sequel by which time they might have announced a few more films.

I'd imagine the following schedule:

MOS - 2013
MOS: 2 - 2016
Wonder Woman or Flash - 2017
JLA (featuring new Batman) - 2018

Maybe, but they might be inclined to fast-track it, and strike while the iron is hot.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 54
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Justice League Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI