Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Could / should Prometheus lead to new Alien films?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Could / should Prometheus lead to new Alien films? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Could / should Prometheus lead to new Alien films? - 25/7/2012 10:23:57 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

We're talking about Prometheus sequels again, aren't we?

Who would like to see another A L I E N flm?

At present, it's difficult to look at Alien films without discussion of where Prometheus may or may not go. Depending on where the links to the original movies go within Prometheus will likely dictate whether we see more Alien films. The Xenomorph is iconic, but I don't think is needed. Let's face it, we've had 6 films of the Alien, of which 2 are awesome, one (AlienCubed) is fine, but not up to the same standard, one which was a stylish misfire with some decent moments (none of which happen in the last 3/4 of and hour! ) and 2 which are just awful. I don't see any filmmaker of worth wanting to relaunch a purely Alien sequel now, simply for the Prometheus factor and the overfamiliarity from the previous 6 movies.

What happens once (if...) the Prometheus story arc is complete is anyone's guess. But again, I'd be tempted to say no - especially if (when?) they introduce a full blown Xeno to it.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 61
RE: Could / should Prometheus lead to new Alien films? - 25/7/2012 10:27:50 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

Why are you thinking these are two different things?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 62
RE: Could / should Prometheus lead to new Alien films? - 25/7/2012 10:42:41 AM   
jackcarter

Fox had their chance to make another Alien instead of AvP with Scott and Cameron collaborating (Cameron producing/script, Scott directing or maybe Scott producing with Cameron script/director) with S Weaver as Ripley and possibly Arnie as a space marine:
http://celluloidandcigaretteburns.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/james-cameron-wanted-to-direct-alien-5.html

maybe itd have been like another version of Prometheus with space jockeys, black goo, mankind origins etc but with xenos/facehuggers (as in the original Prometheus script) and set post A:R

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 25/7/2012 10:51:46 AM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 63
RE: Could / should Prometheus lead to new Alien films? - 25/7/2012 4:12:28 PM   
MattTheBadger

Interesting article - never knew that Peter Jackson & Bryan Singer were linked with the franchise at one point or another. You can find some of the unused scripts on t'Internet very easily, I've read the apparent unused script for the Hicks-centred Alien 3 (the first half of the Weyland-Yutani two-part saga mentioned in your link) and the alleged script for the prison planet (which sounded like it would have been a unique aesthetic if nothing else).

Personally I was so disappointed with Prometheus that I wouldn't be unhappy if the whole saga was just left. And is it shallow of me that, although I kind of buy into these great philosophical discussions as to 'what else is out there' it would be nice to just get a taut, tension-filled potboiler? Keep it small, get a half-decent screenwriter in (cheerio, Lindelof) and just f***ing relax a little bit without feeling the need to make all these "THIS IS AN IMPORTANT FILM" statements. But keep Fassbender. He was ace.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 64
RE: Could / should Prometheus lead to new Alien films? - 28/7/2012 5:13:20 AM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

Why are you thinking these are two different things?

Well, Prometheus is quite different to the 4 Alien films, and even if there is a sequel, it may not even feature the xenomorph. By 'new Alien film', I mean something in the vein of the previous 4 films- focused on the xenomorphs and a group of people trying to survive them.

There could be two baranches to the franchise- a Prometheus branch, and an Alien branch.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Could / should Prometheus lead to new Alien films? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI