Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Empire and advertising.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> Empire and advertising. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire and advertising. - 2/6/2012 7:51:17 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Been reading my Empire mag, great issue by the way, loved the spread on DKR but I couldn't help but be struck by the volume of advertising going on in this issue. I think 7 out of the first 9 pages were devoted to advertising, can't say I've noticed it before but are any readers starting to feel short changed ?
Post #: 1
RE: Empire and advertising. - 2/6/2012 11:12:28 AM   
adambatman82

I moved over to the iPad edition three months back, and actually quite miss the adverts!

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 2
RE: Empire and advertising. - 2/6/2012 3:26:40 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Been reading my Empire mag, great issue by the way, loved the spread on DKR but I couldn't help but be struck by the volume of advertising going on in this issue. I think 7 out of the first 9 pages were devoted to advertising, can't say I've noticed it before but are any readers starting to feel short changed ?

It is a bit excessive at times but i guess without the advertising there would be no magazine really.The DKR article is excellent however.Job well done Empire!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 3
RE: Empire and advertising. - 2/6/2012 4:49:52 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Yeah I get its a necessary evil and without it we probably wouldn't get great articles like that one.

They probably just needed to spread it out a bit better then I don't think I would have noticed.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 4
RE: Empire and advertising. - 2/6/2012 5:45:49 PM   
Spaldron

Tbh its not half as bad as it used to be. And at least some of the ads are film related (like the Jameson ones) so they don't really bother me. If there weren't ads the mag would cost about a tenner.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 5
RE: Empire and advertising. - 18/6/2012 9:26:31 AM   
Helen OHara

Advertising pages actually pay for more editorial pages. When we get a bumper crop of ads in an issue, we are actually able to add more content as well - we get to "up-page" and write extended features and reviews. So if you see "excessive" advertising, it means you're also getting excessive content.

"I never understood drinking. It isn't good for your looks, and it cuts down on what you are. I never wanted to cut down on what I am." - Mae West

"Movies are forever, and sex doesn't last" - Mae West.
Post #: 6
RE: Empire and advertising. - 20/6/2012 9:06:53 PM   
samhuds24

To be fair to Empire, there are a lot of magazines out there that have adverts on virtually every other page. Plus it's better to have a lot at the start of the issue so you can have whole features later in the issue without any interruptions. I actually quite like the ads as a lot of them are film-related, as has already been mentioned.

(in reply to Helen OHara)
Post #: 7
RE: Empire and advertising. - 15/7/2012 2:02:40 PM   
Pritesh3k

I like the ads...some are usually posters for upcoming movies that I've forgotten about...others are linked into films that are out at the moment (I remember seeing an ad for Casio WaveCeptor watches when Bourne Ultimatum came out)...it's cool with me =)

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> Empire and advertising. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI