Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: PROMETHEUS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: PROMETHEUS Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 9:57:43 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: LEEJGM

I don't think Vickers is an android. I think we're supposed to suspect it at first but her reactions to killing Holloway and her panic when trying to escape (coupled with her determination to save her own skin) all point to her being human. And, as Superdan says, it diminishes David's character.

Anyway, as a Sci-FI and Alien fan, I really enjoyed it. Fantastic visuals, interesting concepts and some jaw dropping set-pieces (the abortion scene in particular). I read some of the negative reviews before seeing it last night and I came out thoroughly surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. I think it's Scott's best since Gladiator (which admittedly isn't difficult) and I'm more interested in the Bladerunner sequel/revisit as a result of this film.
If you want to put it into the Alien collection, I'd put it below Alien and Aliens but way above 3 and Resurrection. Also, as already mentioned, at least this totally shoves the AVP series out of the airlock and far away from the canon where it belongs.

I concur! A lot of people who watched it said it was ripping off AVP with the storyline. But i'd argue to the contary - this film rescue's it from the slimy clutches of that godawful franchise! Prometheus shows it was the Engineers - not the Predator's - were the true god's, who engineered the Xenomorphs for bio-weaponary!

And the abortion scene is a stand-out scene for me aswell - absolutely heartpounding stuff! I've not been entertained like I have with Prometheus in the cinema's for a long time! And the visual were simply breath-taking! When you see the Prometheus approaching the 'valley' and you see the shot of the 'pyrmaids' you knew you were witnessing something truly spectacular. Its the science fiction aspects of the film which I lapped up with unbridled gusto!

Also its a film which I just cannot get out of my fucking head!

Yes mate. I couldn't have said it better myself.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 211
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 10:04:15 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I seriously can't wait for the blu ray! 3D purchase day 1 for me for sure!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 212
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 10:08:46 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Duh! Jesting DK you I love ya!

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 213
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 10:18:42 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Anyone get a feeling Prometheus might be the next Blade Runner?
Mixed reviews,Directors Cut revealing more,a new cult following (even in these early stages) etc.

Post #: 214
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 10:18:52 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

You watch 3D blu ray? Surely that doesn't really work at home does it?

Though I'm sure it will look great on blu regardless.Its just a pity the script was nowhere near as good as the visuals.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 215
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 10:50:35 PM   
LEEJGM

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Anyone get a feeling Prometheus might be the next Blade Runner?
Mixed reviews,Directors Cut revealing more,a new cult following (even in these early stages) etc.

No - it's not as good, original or groundbreaking enough. I think special effects and budget were sufficient to result in any tinkering other than a few additional/extended scenes.

One thing I will add; the 3D, while as good as you're gonna get, is still pretty pointless. I wish I'd seen it in 2D but it wasn't on in my cinema.

< Message edited by LEEJGM -- 7/6/2012 10:53:57 PM >

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 216
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 10:52:19 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

Eh?

Post #: 217
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 10:52:55 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

You watch 3D blu ray? Surely that doesn't really work at home does it?

Though I'm sure it will look great on blu regardless.Its just a pity the script was nowhere near as good as the visuals.

I'll let you know when i get my 3D TV in the near future mate!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 218
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 11:05:59 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

One thing that bugged me was the carvings or murals on the ceiling of the room with the giant head when they arrived on the planet were quite clearly depicting a xenomorph, so they must have already existed at that stage but then the last scene kind of suggested we were witnessing the birth of a new species. Did anyone else wonder about that?

We can clearly see something which resembles a Xenomorph on the walls. My theory is that the Engineer's already know about the Xenomorphs, and the mural is some sort of warning, or prophecy perhaps? If you see the scene where David touches the green sticky slime and inspects it, this points to the possibilty of Xenomorph's being present, which were probably responsible for the 'massacre' on board the ship. So the Engineer's worst fears had come alive.

But it doesn't explain why if that was the case, the crew of the Prometheus did not encounter them. Maybe they escaped, or died? Remember, this incident (death of the Engineer's) could have taken place a long time before the humans made contact. But coming back to the mural, my thought's are that the Engineer's maybe harnessed the black goo to create Xenomorph's, making the ultimate bio-weapon that they were planning to release on earth (the ship was destined for earth as pointed out in the film), before things took a turn for the worse!

I agree with your warning theory. We know that the xeno on the wall carving is eerily similar to the one that emerged at the end (just look at the shape of the head), so I think that it was basically the equivalent of a health & safety notice to the engineers - "Don't touch the black goo or something resembling this will burst out of your abdomen" I think that someone in the past ignored the warning and that's what the others were running from in the recording. Looking at the image again, does that look like a face above the alien's head? Could this actually be depicting the moment of it's "birth"?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 219
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 11:06:49 PM   
The REAL Bozz

quote:

quote:

Eh?

Sorry mate, awful failed attemtp at humor on my part lol, I just meant "duh" as in most of us will be getting this movie on day one of release.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 7/6/2012 11:07:26 PM >

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 220
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 11:07:19 PM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Within the movie we have it is even dramtically less interesting for Vickers to be an andriod. There is nothing Weyland says or does which suggests he treats her as a machine, or like Tyrell, is putting her to a test.

Where is the logic? What is the point? Where is the pay off?

If she is an android there is simply no answer to these questions

As least as the daughter there is an answer - far from perfect, but it is there.

I have seen the film twice and there is simply nothing but empty speculation about this android stuff. I would say it is fun to discuss but we have literally nothing to hang it off of, which is unlike the Deckard, where there will very deliberate moments put in there.

Can someone point me to a glowing eyes moment, or a dream moment in Prometheus?

SPOILERS

The answer's simple, thousands of people discussing that very question, endlessly, giving the film more attention than it would otherwise get. It worked for Bladerunner and it's working for this film.

The Glowing eyes moment (considering you've missed the way she walks, dresses, looks throughout the rest of the film) would be when the crashing ship lands on top of her there is an electrical discharge.
There's also the fact that she is incredibly similar to David in manner and action, she walks like him, talks like him and has a similar perfect look / beauty. I think she's either unaware she's an android or is keen to convince herself she's not an android - hence her unlikely reaction to Janek's sexual taunts.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 221
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 11:26:10 PM   
Rgirvan44

Her body langauge is composed, steady and cold for most of the film. In no way shape or form is that anywhere close to the glowing eyes in Blade Runner - which is something you can measure Deckard against when it comes to other androids.

What electrical discharge?

It cuts from her going "no, no, no!" to a close up of the ship hitting, to a long shot of the ship. You are chasing shadows there. Not least because no where in the series is there evidence that the robots even give off such a discharge. Are you talking about the dust that is thrown up when it settles for a moment?

In the scene with Elba she is smiling naturally, even joking. Her hair is down. When the ship is crashing she is desperate to get away - very human, panicing. Compare with David - a striking contrast.

And again, what does this android thing do? Where does that plot go? Why is it in there?

Blade Runner was very deliberate in its moments, and the final pay off confirms it. I see nothing in Prometheus that does anything similar apart from wishful thinking.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 222
RE: PROMETHEUS - 7/6/2012 11:29:14 PM   
Rgirvan44

I mean look at the conversation between her and Weyland - how are people getting the idea she is a robot. Why would he be surprised she was there, why would he react in that way to a machine?

And before you all say he was testing a new model - there is nothing in there to back that up.

Look at the way she reacted to the "son" comment.

What is more likely, story telling wise?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 223
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 12:32:36 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

quote:

One thing that bugged me was the carvings or murals on the ceiling of the room with the giant head when they arrived on the planet were quite clearly depicting a xenomorph, so they must have already existed at that stage but then the last scene kind of suggested we were witnessing the birth of a new species. Did anyone else wonder about that?

We can clearly see something which resembles a Xenomorph on the walls. My theory is that the Engineer's already know about the Xenomorphs, and the mural is some sort of warning, or prophecy perhaps? If you see the scene where David touches the green sticky slime and inspects it, this points to the possibilty of Xenomorph's being present, which were probably responsible for the 'massacre' on board the ship. So the Engineer's worst fears had come alive.

But it doesn't explain why if that was the case, the crew of the Prometheus did not encounter them. Maybe they escaped, or died? Remember, this incident (death of the Engineer's) could have taken place a long time before the humans made contact. But coming back to the mural, my thought's are that the Engineer's maybe harnessed the black goo to create Xenomorph's, making the ultimate bio-weapon that they were planning to release on earth (the ship was destined for earth as pointed out in the film), before things took a turn for the worse!

I agree with your warning theory. We know that the xeno on the wall carving is eerily similar to the one that emerged at the end (just look at the shape of the head), so I think that it was basically the equivalent of a health & safety notice to the engineers - "Don't touch the black goo or something resembling this will burst out of your abdomen" I think that someone in the past ignored the warning and that's what the others were running from in the recording. Looking at the image again, does that look like a face above the alien's head? Could this actually be depicting the moment of it's "birth"?

Hmmm, very interesting! That does look like a head doesn't it? In fact, I think you might be onto something Sharky! I think you may be right! That mural by the way is absolutely beautiful! That image from the film has been stuck in my head for a while now!

Thanks for sharing the pic!

EDIT: i've been giving the picture another look. Have you noticed how its arms are outstretched, and legs in very close proximity almost as if it was nailed to a cross? Yes! That look's like a Xenomorph version of the crucifixion of Christ! If so, what does that entail?! Man! This film is full of freakin' questions!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 8/6/2012 12:41:27 AM >

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 224
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 12:32:39 AM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Her body langauge is composed, steady and cold for most of the film. In no way shape or form is that anywhere close to the glowing eyes in Blade Runner - which is something you can measure Deckard against when it comes to other androids.
Don't you think there's an awful lot of similarity between the Vickers and David characters, to me they're like watching brother and sister (or the same model android created by the same hand). She walks like an android too.Plus I don't think Weyland treats her as he would a real daughter. She might call him father but it's never established that he actually is her (biological) father. There's no need to borrow directly from Bladerunner to create an impression or cause doubt about the Vickers character anyway. For me it's made far more obvious she's an android than with Decker. I assumed she was for most of the film where as I didn't question Decker's character until near the very end of that film.

What electrical discharge?

It cuts from her going "no, no, no!" to a close up of the ship hitting, to a long shot of the ship. You are chasing shadows there. Not least because no where in the series is there evidence that the robots even give off such a discharge. Are you talking about the dust that is thrown up when it settles for a moment?
I've only seen the film once and unfortunately don't have a copy here to check my story but I definitely noticed a blue electrical discharge when Vickers was crushed. It doesn't happen in Bladerunner but no-one get's crushed.

In the scene with Elba she is smiling naturally, even joking. Her hair is down. When the ship is crashing she is desperate to get away - very human, panicking. Compare with David - a striking contrast.
When David finds out Shaw is still alive he asks her to come rescue him, so not much difference there. He might have been calmer about it than Vickers but then his head was detatched wasn't it. Maybe his arms and legs were flailing about madly just off camera :) .

And again, what does this android thing do? Where does that plot go? Why is it in there?
It doesn't have to go anywhere if it merely serves to create more discussion about the film and make people want to watch it numerous times (and definitely buy the dvd) or maybe as I said it was an extra element to the aura they wanted create around the film seeing it worked so well with Bladerunner. It doesn't matter to the plot anyway if she is or isn't an android

Blade Runner was very deliberate in its moments, and the final pay off confirms it. I see nothing in Prometheus that does anything similar apart from wishful thinking.

Even if you don't think that Vickers is android, I'm sure you'd admit there's at least enough in her character to put doubt in some people's minds. For mine that is exactly what the writers intended.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 225
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 7:00:53 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

quote:

Eh?

Sorry mate, awful failed attemtp at humor on my part lol, I just meant "duh" as in most of us will be getting this movie on day one of release.

Ahhhhhh, absolutely mate!

Post #: 226
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 7:54:38 AM   
jonson

See, I assumed Vickers was an android and thought it would be a double android twist, throwing the audience off the scent by announcing David as the android, but then having Vickers as a rogue cross between Ash from Alien and Burke from Aliens.
Her movements, characteristics, how she appears from nowhere, was not seen in the sleeping chambers (or whatever they are called) at the beginning, her perfect blonde hair and alabaster skin, she was a female David!
Plus she was far too young to be the old fucker's daughter!
Also when she dies, most humans would have run to the side, whereas she kept running straight, proving she's never seen a Roadrunner cartoon.

As I said in the reviews thread, the film has been cut to pieces to "create" questions and keep the mahcine rolling. A bit like Donnie Darko. It's a shit film that gains popularity because it makes no sense.
Although Prometheus is admittedly a million times better than Donnie Darko.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 227
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 8:22:33 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

quote:

Hmmm, very interesting! That does look like a head doesn't it? In fact, I think you might be onto something Sharky! I think you may be right! That mural by the way is absolutely beautiful! That image from the film has been stuck in my head for a while now!

Thanks for sharing the pic!

EDIT: i've been giving the picture another look. Have you noticed how its arms are outstretched, and legs in very close proximity almost as if it was nailed to a cross? Yes! That look's like a Xenomorph version of the crucifixion of Christ! If so, what does that entail?! Man! This film is full of freakin' questions!

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/1575/ridley-scott-engineers-they-are-dark-angels/p1

That's an interview with Ridley Scott where, if you scroll down to the end he basically says that originally they had it planned that Christ was an Engineer

Movies.com: You throw religion and spirituality into the equation for Prometheus, though, and it almost acts as a hand grenade. We had heard it was scripted that the Engineers were targeting our planet for destruction because we had crucified one of their representatives, and that Jesus Christ might have been an alien. Was that ever considered?

RS: We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an “our children are misbehaving down there” scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, “Lets’ send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it. Guess what? They crucified him.

This is stuff we've been discussing on the Prometheus forums for a good while now and i agree, it's intriguing! Although i can't decide if it's just a bit too daft. There's the whole 2000 years angle in the movie, which is presumably there to tie in with the cruxifiction.

Post #: 228
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 9:54:14 AM   
Nexus Wookie

Wow! That's some really interesting stuff right there DK!

Engineer's responsible for the fall of the Roman Empire! Engineer's who are Christ for god's sake!

Thanks for sharing that mate!

Post #: 229
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 11:54:33 AM   
adambatman82

I've just read a rather interesting theory that Vickers is an early iteration of what would become MU-TH-UR in the later Alien film. Bit far fetched, but I kinda like it...

And besides, if nothing it reminds us that there were actually two forms of artificial intelligence in Alien.

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/alien-references-in-prometheus/

Post #: 230
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 1:56:29 PM   
Spaldron

The 'Engineer as Christ' story would have been very intriguing but I suspect the reason they didn't do it was to not upset the mid-west bible bashers.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 231
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 2:03:22 PM   
jobloffski

The crucified Alien could have been a piss take of people who pray to someone on a cross with a tie in to the storyline: go looking for you maker, and you may meet your maker (ie die).

Maybe a hint of 'predestination' or 'intelligent design' ie the creators WANT to create the xenomorph and to them, manipulating beings to end up being part of the recipe is no different to manipulating the behaviour of a virus/bacteria to engineer an aimed for result. And when you are designing something, the first thing you do is imagine/draw the intended end result. Maybe the crucified alien is the 'pre-visualisation' design artwork of the Gods

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 8/6/2012 2:11:13 PM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 232
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 2:13:45 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: hozay
Don't you think there's an awful lot of similarity between the Vickers and David characters, to me they're like watching brother and sister (or the same model android created by the same hand). She walks like an android too.Plus I don't think Weyland treats her as he would a real daughter. She might call him father but it's never established that he actually is her (biological) father. There's no need to borrow directly from Bladerunner to create an impression or cause doubt about the Vickers character anyway. For me it's made far more obvious she's an android than with Decker. I assumed she was for most of the film where as I didn't question Decker's character until near the very end of that film.

The only similarity is that she is rigid, but even then there are many moments where that poise and control cracks, which is where her humanity comes through. Consider the silly bit where they reanimate that head, and it all starts going to pot. David simply looks on in detached curiosity, while Vickers fucking panics. When David gets his head ripped off, he puts up no struggle and carries no real emotion at the violence done to him; when Vickers' life is threatened she reacts with terror. She gets angry with David over being left out of the loop, he reacts calmly.

Honestly, I think people are projecting all over this film (not that I mind, it makes for interesting reading ).

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 233
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 2:45:57 PM   
st3veebee

I really don't think she is an android after putting more thought into the subject:

-She appears to awake in the same clothing as everyone else at the same time after cryochambering: asking the amount of time she was asleep to David.

-She shows far more emotions than David: most notably an inability to restrain anger (Asking David what Weyland said) and when she is let down by her "father".

-I think the icyness she portrays is in order to hide any feminine sensitivity due to her role on the ship as well as the obvious desire to be the "son Weyland never had".  This is why she glares at David over and over.

-Why she sleeps with Elba can be debated either way: but for this arguement she obviously wanted to prove just how human she was.

-Also- if she was an Android built by Weyland himself: why would he bring her on this monumental trip when it is so evident that she is something of a rogue? David- the only 100% Android on the ship, has been brought along because he is such a loyal subject. What is Vickers role on the ship? As a human her emotions and flaws can be explained...but if she was an android it would mean she is defective and not required for this mission: and Weyland of all people would know this and eradicate the issue.

-She is out of the loop regarding the primary mission: why would an android be left out? The only imaginable reason would be that she is a more advanced model of David (and less reliable/loyal??) in which case she should be nowhere near this singular objective mission!

It just doesn't add up. I think Scott put her in the film and made her slightly robotic and dressed her just like David as a red herring so people would talk about it: but when it boils down to the primary details: there is no reason for her to be an Android other than to compromise the mission.  

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 234
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 3:17:59 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

I really don't think she is an android after putting more thought into the subject:

-She appears to awake in the same clothing as everyone else at the same time after cryochambering: asking the amount of time she was asleep to David.

-She shows far more emotions than David: most notably an inability to restrain anger (Asking David what Weyland said) and when she is let down by her "father".

-I think the icyness she portrays is in order to hide any feminine sensitivity due to her role on the ship as well as the obvious desire to be the "son Weyland never had".  This is why she glares at David over and over.

-Why she sleeps with Elba can be debated either way: but for this arguement she obviously wanted to prove just how human she was.

-Also- if she was an Android built by Weyland himself: why would he bring her on this monumental trip when it is so evident that she is something of a rogue? David- the only 100% Android on the ship, has been brought along because he is such a loyal subject. What is Vickers role on the ship? As a human her emotions and flaws can be explained...but if she was an android it would mean she is defective and not required for this mission: and Weyland of all people would know this and eradicate the issue.

-She is out of the loop regarding the primary mission: why would an android be left out? The only imaginable reason would be that she is a more advanced model of David (and less reliable/loyal??) in which case she should be nowhere near this singular objective mission!

It just doesn't add up. I think Scott put her in the film and made her slightly robotic and dressed her just like David as a red herring so people would talk about it: but when it boils down to the primary details: there is no reason for her to be an Android other than to compromise the mission.  

Maybe Wayland has a rival who does not want the mission to succeed and seeded failure into the mission by having Vickers placed on board? Maybe she would be left out of the loop if her presence as an android is covert, just like Ash's? Didn't Ash wake up at the same time as the rest of the crew?

Don't have an opinion either way re her being an android, but just wondering aloud (as it were),

Remember Bishop saying he'd rather not go into a dangerous area (I may be synthetic, But I'm not stupid), or Ash fighting back when attacked while trying to kill Ripley? Self preservation instinct is fear of death driven, so why might an advanced synthetic not be capable of being afraid?

Call being revealed early on to be intent on killing Ripley to scupper the work of the scientists, and later revealed to be an android capable of autonomy? Secretly out to scupper the mission...despises what she is and the people who made her, and if Vickers was of the same character type, may she not hate David for being so (apparently) servile and want to jinx the mission put together by her creator?

Maybe the AI in Vickers is of different programming to David, and her shell would not be known to Wayland? Would she even be in on what she is?

Maybe she is, maybe she isnt. Maybe it doesn't matter, and sentient life is sentient life, no matter how it's created (admittedly that blurs the line between Alien and Blade Runner themes, but then so does the existence of the David character, and in Blade Runner the reps certainly were trying to track down their maker, and Rachel doesn't know what she is until it is revealed to her).

Or sum shit like dat

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 8/6/2012 3:32:04 PM >

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 235
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 3:32:56 PM   
Filmfan 2

It was only a matter of time, I suppose, but Hitler wasn't a fan.

< Message edited by Filmfan 2 -- 8/6/2012 3:36:00 PM >

I am not drinkin' any fuckin' Merlot!

"All I wanted me was a piece of cornbread, you motherfuckers!"

Defender of all things Batman Begins

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 236
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 3:46:09 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

I thought that at first, that the Xnemorph was created by "Mistake"...
Black Gunk > Male Human > Sex with Female > Squid > Squid into Jockey = Xenomorph

But with the pics on the wall it seems Xenomorphs are already around (From Jockeys and humans later on) and so the one at the end is a new breed becuase of the string of events it took to make it.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 237
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 4:10:35 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I like to think of the black goo as weaponised DNA, its volatile, aggressive and mutates creating killing machines when mixing with other DNA, see worms and Fiefield as evidence of this but ultimately the end product always being the Xeno and for me that's why the mural is there, black goo = this.

I also found it interesting that It was David puting this substance in Holloways drink which kicked of the whole process of creating the Xeno. Bio-weapons can put into water supplies and I see this substance as something very similar.

Just to add with regards the worms they took on the charcteristics of the facehuggers and it looks like the intention was to have Fiefield morph into some Xeno looking creature, which is a shame it wasn't in it would have looked and fit in a hell of a lot better than what we got.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 8/6/2012 4:17:44 PM >

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 238
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 10:00:10 PM   
paul_ie86

Yeah, I don't think that Vickers was an android. Surely Janerk would have noticed the difference if she was and told the others.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 239
RE: PROMETHEUS - 8/6/2012 11:12:48 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

Yeah, I don't think that Vickers was an android. Surely Janerk would have noticed the difference if she was and told the others.

Yeah, like her eyes popping out at the moment of climax!

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: PROMETHEUS Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI