Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: PROMETHEUS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: PROMETHEUS Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:26:26 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Guess you guys didn't stay for after the credits?

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 151
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:29:02 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you here Girv, you could say that Vickers shows just as many if not more minor character points/flaws (cold, calculating, unsympathetic) than what you would to use to argue a case for Ash. Not discounting the med-pod being designed for a man, would Vickers even need it ? And the whole scene with Elba, which is open to interpretation, did she have have sex to prove she is indeed human or was it done to simply silence his claims.

The pod was for Weyland. She knew her father was there - if they needed to escape from something, there would be a place for him.

Vickers being cold - well that is her character. Cold, driven, bitter - Ash was VERY different from that. He was curious, a little perverted and interested in the creature.

As for her having sex - she is clearly just after some fun. The scene is to give her a little humanity and show that she is in fact not the ice queen they all say she is.

Like I said, open to interpretation.

So how would that infer Ash to be anymore of an Android than Vickers exacltly ? Ash was a medical science officer so that would suggest he might develop a curiousity for things. Vickers is cold and calculating but she is a boardroom member and top Exec of Weyland Corpand Corps ? David takes an interest in Peter O'Toole and shooting hoops but he was on is own on ashop for two years. What's to say that Androids especially different models share the same traits/interests, they would be designed to excel in any area they are put in hence the differences.

Well for one thing the films actully show us that Ash and David are androids. We look back at Ash and see those ticks in a new context. With Vickers we look back and see...what exactly? A cold driven woman, who has a survival instinct which is all too human?

Again...where is the actual contextual evidence in the film that she is an android? In Blade Runner there was plenty of things you could draw from. Here there is a joke the captain of the ship has with her...and her inital coldness towards everyone?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 152
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:29:24 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

I should point out to those who are pro Droid-Vickers- there is debate going on at AVPgalaxy forums and IMDB too. So you're not crazy.

Ah AVPGALAXY! I've not been on there for a while now! Its a really fun forum, and a must join for all fan's of Xenomorph's and mandibled p****y face lover's!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 153
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:31:48 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

"There may be two..." Ridley Scott talking about Androids in Prometheus, at comic-con last year. Link to the video here -

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/community/forums/topic/2414

But there weren't two. Maybe there was at that point in an older script or maybe he was just being playful to hide the Weyland connection, who knows? We only have the film as it is, and the character as presented, to go by.

And im convinced that so many changes were made, im sure at one point there were two. they just changed it

Exactly, the film is a mess, we're trying to draw definitives from something that is chaotically placed together!

Absolutely! I enjoyed the heck out of this movie. Visually and aurally it's a great ride and it's a fun piece of sci fi. However the moment i start to actually think about it, it all seems to fall apart. ironically Alien was a B movie at heart that was made so well it's an A movie. prometheus desperately wanted to be an A movie but really, and unfortunately, it's no better than your average B movie.

I genuinely think there was so much potential for something game changing. maybe that game changing experience was actually shot as well, however in the edit something intervened and as a result logic went out of the window. it's crazy but we just jump from scene to scene in the 2nd half with no rhyme nor reason and no logic as the movie barrels towards its conclusion. i mean WTF! This is Ridley Scott! Why is prometheus like this?

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 154
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:32:24 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Im not entirely fussed if she's in or she isn't in a sequel, dead or not dead, android not Android. What I do feel is that her character was open to interpretation and done so purposefully.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 6/6/2012 7:40:36 PM >

Post #: 155
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:32:42 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

Ha ha! She look's really hot in that suit!

I fucking HATE Janek!

Post #: 156
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:33:07 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

Im not entirely fussed if she's in or she isn't in a sequel, dead or not dead. What I do feel is that her character was open to interpretation and done so purposefully.

But my point is - where exactly?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 157
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:36:17 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Rgirvan he means the way she came across. He and others took it one way and you and others, like myself, took it that she was just cold and wanted to impress daddy so to speak. I think it speaks for it's self why people would think she MAY be a droid. Even though she's not.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 6/6/2012 7:37:10 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 158
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:38:39 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

check this out, from an early trailer. more proof that the Fifeld sequence was significantly altered. note the much longer limbs, as if he's turning into a creature beyond human. it's worth noting that this scene was changed for the second full trailer, with fifeld appearing more human in proportion:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 159
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:40:56 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Is that just not altered by fanboys? I'm sure I read Scott saying cuts where made but it was nothing drastic. I really don't think the film was messed around with as much as people are enjoying to make out.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 160
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:41:56 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

Is that just not altered by fanboys? I'm sure I read Scott saying cuts where made but it was nothing drastic. I really don't think the film was messed around with as much as people are enjoying to make out.

I assure you its not Bozz, the trailers are there to view on youtube. This was originally in one of the trailers and was subsequently changed!

Post #: 161
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:42:31 PM   
Rgirvan44

Yeah I think the problems here lay at the script level. If the extended cut is longer than 15 minutes and not just full of character moments I will be very surprised.

Post #: 162
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:44:14 PM   
The REAL Bozz

The interviews are worth a read DK mate. Scott is pretty up front. Cuts where done. Nothing drastic. He loves the cut of the film as is and if there is a dir cut (he said there may not be) it won't add anything of note. I think people are expecting all these excorcised scenes where say Shaw gets confronted while fleeing medial bay and the reality is they don't exist.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 6/6/2012 7:45:51 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 163
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:46:48 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

I did and got no additional scene. I assume it shows her surviving?

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

Post #: 164
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:47:17 PM   
Rgirvan44

He's joking!

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 165
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:47:49 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Awww no mate. Sorry, it's me messing around. That's a BTS pic from Entertainment Weekly's photoshoot.

@Rgirvan44 LOL!

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 6/6/2012 7:48:30 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 166
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 7:52:17 PM   
Rebel scum

You son of a bitch!

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

Post #: 167
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 8:00:13 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

check this out, from an early trailer. more proof that the Fifeld sequence was significantly altered. note the much longer limbs, as if he's turning into a creature beyond human. it's worth noting that this scene was changed for the second full trailer, with fifeld appearing more human in proportion:

This should interest you. Alternative Fifeld design.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2012/06/06/new-prometheus-unused-concept-art/#more-12597

It's remind me of one of those Ripley Clones but I'm happier with the overall Zombie approach instead.

Post #: 168
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 8:09:31 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

Im not entirely fussed if she's in or she isn't in a sequel, dead or not dead. What I do feel is that her character was open to interpretation and done so purposefully.

Touchy ? Thought we were having a nice debate/discussion here.
My point with Ash is that until we see his head lopped off pissing milk everywhere and pretty much going nuts there is no more contextual evidence as there is for Vickers
My main point is exactly what it was above that it is open to interpretation and that if she did appear in a sequel it wouldn't be cheap because of that ambiguity. I even admitted that they could quite easily be red herrings so i'm not trying prove you wrong me right, although obviously you think you are, like I said earlier its fun to speculate

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 6/6/2012 8:19:35 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 169
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 8:12:09 PM   
evil bill

Let's start by getting the idea out of any readers head that this is an A L I E N prequel,for it's not,and so say's the great man and myself.The film began development in the early 2000s as a possible fifth entry in the Alien franchise,in fact Scott mentioned this in The Making Of Alien DVD.But he wanted to do it his own way,though Scott admitted on camera that he and James Cameron where both developing ideas for a film and might work togetter.But by 2003, the project was sidelined by the development of AvP,which Scott has made it clear he was against,plus Cameron now had AVATAR on his list of to do.Scott in 2009 had a script by Spaihts penned as a prequel to the events of the ALIEN, but Scott opted for a different direction to avoid repeating cues from those films. In late 2010, he brought Lindelof onto the project to rewrite Spaihts' script, and together they developed a separate story that is not directly connected to the Alien franchise. According to Scott, though the film shares "strands of ALIEN's DNA so to speak", and takes place in the same universe,but Prometheus will explore its own mythology and ideas.

So Sir Ridley Scott, director of Alien and Blade Runner, returns to the Sci/Fi genre he helped define,(and about time)with a film that owes more to 2001,than his last two Sci/Fi classics.For as with 2001 this is a far deeper film,about creation,where did we come from,where will we end up,is there more to life than just being here.It also about greed??what would you do if you had money to burn,but your life was coming to an end.Search for the Holy Grail,or your creator,and buy eternal life,but we all know this can all go wrong,think Frankenstein,yes there's those elements too.In fact that's the main problem,it's over flowing with so many sub plots,ideas,ideals,religious mythology and yet runs at just over 2 hours,just not enough time to contain so much,i felt this as it ended,a real what the fuck!! i need more,another hour at least,Could there be a directors cut for Blu-Ray??.

This is a visually stunning movie with superb CGI,and creature design with some of the best 3D production work since Avatar,and yes some great gore effects that might just have you reaching for a sick bag.The Production design/Art work is breathtaking, awesome,making great use of art work left over from ALIEN by Jean Moebius,Chris Foss,Ron Cobb and of course H.R Giger,but never used.(don't belive me ,well cheak out The Book Of Alien by Paul Scanlon,it's all there).It deserves big credit for the moments when it does evoke the early scenes in Alien,the whole mad attion to detail in the art work/design with that same degree of drawing you into a dark nightmare journey.It's atmospherically dazzling,eye poping brilliant,mind bending,fucking crazy in a way that makes you want to see more,but never ever gives you all the answers you seek.

The Story is a mix of Greek mythology, in which Titan a champion for mankind,who was known for his intelligence,and who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to mankind.2001,the idea that intelligent life was formed by an alien intellgence,and we mankind are in search of our creator/creators,so we search the stars for our anwsers.Of course it's all wraped up in the A L I E N univerise that Scott first blew us away with,and even an element of Blade Runner,but this is not ALIEN or ALIENS,this is it's own monster of a sci/fi film. Again think 2001 Kubricks/Clarke's mind bender,one of the most  talked about Sci/Fi films of all time,they knew how to make a classic,keep them guessing.But Scott knows also about the art of keeping us fans guessing,he also knows he'll split fans and critics,like with Blade Runner,it bombed both money wise and was considered a mess by both cinema fans and critics,yet now a cult classic,a masterpiece of cinema.I'm not saying this is a masterpiece,not even on this second viewing.

I've already mentioned it's fucking crazy,but forgivably so, because the characters are well defined,not one of them alike,very much like in his first great classic Alien.Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron who are on top form,and yes i've read the reviews that say the opposite,but belive me they are extremely well written roles,and all are convincing in there roles. Noomi's character, Elizabeth Shaw, is impulsive, insecure and feminine,but as things heat up,and her situation becomes desperate,she becomes a tower of strength, but she is still a sad delicate woman,driven by a inner belief that gives her role a genuinely heartbreaking presence.Where Charlize Theron whose character,is the cold as ice head of operations,with only money guiding her life,and cares only for herself.But it is Michael Fassbender's Android character David who is the standout power house for the movie,with his total neutral emotion,that makes Ash  in Alien look mildly human.The rest of the cast do well to keep up with these three,but in the end,they are there to be knocked off in many weird and wonderful death scenes.

Overall this is a awesome film,but suffers from the short running time,it needs another hour,if only to fill in a few losse ends.But then going by the end scene,it looks like we may get part two,and this time we will meet the creator of not just us but those nasty creatures we loved so much in Alien and Aliens.I for one want more Sir,and can't wait to find out if Scott has an extended cut waiting in the wings,and a part two in pre production.But whatever,this is the film i wanted,just like Scott,i needed a new Sci/Fi film that's heart belongs to another,but whose soul needed to fly Scott Free.9/10

< Message edited by evil bill -- 6/6/2012 8:17:15 PM >

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 170
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 8:18:25 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

My point is exactly what it was above that it is open to interpretation and that if she did appear in a sequel it wouldn't be cheap because of that ambiguity. I even admitted that they could quite easily be red herrings so i'm not trying prove you wrong me right, although obviously you think you are, like I said earlier its fun to speculate

Sorry - wasn't trying to sound touchy- just like a good old time debate!

Post #: 171
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 8:22:05 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My point is exactly what it was above that it is open to interpretation and that if she did appear in a sequel it wouldn't be cheap because of that ambiguity. I even admitted that they could quite easily be red herrings so i'm not trying prove you wrong me right, although obviously you think you are, like I said earlier its fun to speculate

Sorry - wasn't trying to sound touchy- just like a good old time debate!

Ha no probs

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 172
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 8:28:04 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

Let's start by getting the idea out of any readers head that this is an A L I E N prequel,for it's not,and so say's the great man and myself.The film began development in the early 2000s as a possible fifth entry in the Alien franchise,in fact Scott mentioned this in The Making Of Alien DVD.But he wanted to do it his own way,though Scott admitted on camera that he and James Cameron where both developing ideas for a film and might work togetter.But by 2003, the project was sidelined by the development of AvP,which Scott has made it clear he was against,plus Cameron now had AVATAR on his list of to do.Scott in 2009 had a script by Spaihts penned as a prequel to the events of the ALIEN, but Scott opted for a different direction to avoid repeating cues from those films. In late 2010, he brought Lindelof onto the project to rewrite Spaihts' script, and together they developed a separate story that is not directly connected to the Alien franchise. According to Scott, though the film shares "strands of ALIEN's DNA so to speak", and takes place in the same universe,but Prometheus will explore its own mythology and ideas.

So Sir Ridley Scott, director of Alien and Blade Runner, returns to the Sci/Fi genre he helped define,(and about time)with a film that owes more to 2001,than his last two Sci/Fi classics.For as with 2001 this is a far deeper film,about creation,where did we come from,where will we end up,is there more to life than just being here.It also about greed??what would you do if you had money to burn,but your life was coming to an end.Search for the Holy Grail,or your creator,and buy eternal life,but we all know this can all go wrong,think Frankenstein,yes there's those elements too.In fact that's the main problem,it's over flowing with so many sub plots,ideas,ideals,religious mythology and yet runs at just over 2 hours,just not enough time to contain so much,i felt this as it ended,a real what the fuck!! i need more,another hour at least,Could there be a directors cut for Blu-Ray??.

This is a visually stunning movie with superb CGI,and creature design with some of the best 3D production work since Avatar,and yes some great gore effects that might just have you reaching for a sick bag.The Production design/Art work is breathtaking, awesome,making great use of art work left over from ALIEN by Jean Moebius,Chris Foss,Ron Cobb and of course H.R Giger,but never used.(don't belive me ,well cheak out The Book Of Alien by Paul Scanlon,it's all there).It deserves big credit for the moments when it does evoke the early scenes in Alien,the whole mad attion to detail in the art work/design with that same degree of drawing you into a dark nightmare journey.It's atmospherically dazzling,eye poping brilliant,mind bending,fucking crazy in a way that makes you want to see more,but never ever gives you all the answers you seek.

The Story is a mix of Greek mythology, in which Titan a champion for mankind,who was known for his intelligence,and who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to mankind.2001,the idea that intelligent life was formed by an alien intellgence,and we mankind are in search of our creator/creators,so we search the stars for our anwsers.Of course it's all wraped up in the A L I E N univerise that Scott first blew us away with,and even an element of Blade Runner,but this is not ALIEN or ALIENS,this is it's own monster of a sci/fi film. Again think 2001 Kubricks/Clarke's mind bender,one of the most  talked about Sci/Fi films of all time,they knew how to make a classic,keep them guessing.But Scott knows also about the art of keeping us fans guessing,he also knows he'll split fans and critics,like with Blade Runner,it bombed both money wise and was considered a mess by both cinema fans and critics,yet now a cult classic,a masterpiece of cinema.I'm not saying this is a masterpiece,not even on this second viewing.

I've already mentioned it's fucking crazy,but forgivably so, because the characters are well defined,not one of them alike,very much like in his first great classic Alien.Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron who are on top form,and yes i've read the reviews that say the opposite,but belive me they are extremely well written roles,and all are convincing in there roles. Noomi's character, Elizabeth Shaw, is impulsive, insecure and feminine,but as things heat up,and her situation becomes desperate,she becomes a tower of strength, but she is still a sad delicate woman,driven by a inner belief that gives her role a genuinely heartbreaking presence.Where Charlize Theron whose character,is the cold as ice head of operations,with only money guiding her life,and cares only for herself.But it is Michael Fassbender's Android character David who is the standout power house for the movie,with his total neutral emotion,that makes Ash  in Alien look mildly human.The rest of the cast do well to keep up with these three,but in the end,they are there to be knocked off in many weird and wonderful death scenes.

Overall this is a awesome film,but suffers from the short running time,it needs another hour,if only to fill in a few losse ends.But then going by the end scene,it looks like we may get part two,and this time we will meet the creator of not just us but those nasty creatures we loved so much in Alien and Aliens.I for one want more Sir,and can't wait to find out if Scott has an extended cut waiting in the wings,and a part two in pre production.But whatever,this is the film i wanted,just like Scott,i needed a new Sci/Fi film that's heart belongs to another,but whose soul needed to fly Scott Free.9/10

Excellent review! I'm with you - this film is a whole beast altogether, and as Ridley said, has no correlation with ALIEN other than being set in the same universe, and sharing some DNA from the 1979 film. If you go in with that thought then you'll enjoy it. If not, and your views are clouded by ALIEN, then quite simply - you are fucked!

Glad you liked it!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 173
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 8:30:04 PM   
Nihilism in the UK

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nihilism in the UK

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nihilism in the UK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

I've just remembered something from the film in relation to a question posed by a forumite; what were the Engineer's running from? What could have been so terrifying that caused them to flee with their lives? We can all agree it wasn't the black goo or the acid -wielding snakes.

It's my belief that the Engineers were running from whatever comes out of the space jockey in Alien.

Errr different ship, different planet fella..

I don't think so. I thought this film was about explaining how that derelict ship in Alien gets there. The xenomorph that is birthed at the end must be a queen that will lay all of those eggs inside the derelict that the Nostromo crew will discover. That coupled with Shaw recording that warning transmission that the Nostromo will pick up. It makes sense.

It is definitely a different ship and a different planet. The planets have different names for starters

Yep, 100% different planet and ship. Scott goes in to this in last weeks Kermode/Mayo podcast if you want further proof.

Just listened to that podcast. I was wrong . Thanks for the clear up.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 174
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 8:37:56 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

Excellent review! I'm with you - this film is a whole beast altogether, and as Ridley said, has no correlation with ALIEN other than being set in the same universe, and sharing some DNA from the 1979 film. If you go in with that thought then you'll enjoy it. If not, and your views are clouded by ALIEN, then quite simply - you are fucked!

Glad you liked it!

Thank's,great thread by the way,a film like this needs it's own space,so everyone can scream out there views for or againest.I LOVED IT!!!!Not A L I E N but who wants another rip off of the masterwork,that led to ALIENS and now this classic work of Adult Sci/Fi.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 175
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 9:11:31 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

This should interest you. Alternative Fifeld design.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2012/06/06/new-prometheus-unused-concept-art/#more-12597

It's remind me of one of those Ripley Clones but I'm happier with the overall Zombie approach instead.

Those are cool man, i actually posted the fifeld ones on the previous page!

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 176
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 9:11:34 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

check these out, from the Art of Prometheus book. Solid proof that fifeld initially was supposed to transform into some kind of creature and that they didnt end up either showing it, or shooting it. Man i wish we couldve gone down this route more:

Thanks to Robotpo at prometheus Forums.

It just convinces me even more that SO MUCH was cut out of this movie.

That would have gone a long way to correcting the issues that people have with Fiefield. Much more representative of what where seeing with regards the worms and facehugger. As he is (rampaging zombie type thing) it just doesn't fit.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 6/6/2012 9:13:07 PM >

Post #: 177
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 9:15:39 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

check these out, from the Art of Prometheus book. Solid proof that fifeld initially was supposed to transform into some kind of creature and that they didnt end up either showing it, or shooting it. Man i wish we couldve gone down this route more:

Thanks to Robotpo at prometheus Forums.

It just convinces me even more that SO MUCH was cut out of this movie.

That would have gone a long way to correcting the issues that people have with Fiefield. Much more representative of what where seeing with regards the worms and facehugger. As he is (rampaging zombie type thing) it just doesn't fit.

Absolutely. I was completely gutted when he got killed so quickly during the hangar attack. i really wanted to see what he was going to become. and now we have proof that they did indeed have something planned.

Post #: 178
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 9:24:02 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Jesus that shits(photo's) really put me off my pot noodle !

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 6/6/2012 11:59:00 PM >

Post #: 179
RE: PROMETHEUS - 6/6/2012 9:38:39 PM   
Cool Breeze

Havnt read the whole thread and this has probably been mentioned already but the whole '' This isnt really an Alien prequel honest! '' by the marketing, interviews, and some reviewers is just bollocks.Its set in the same universe, it involves the origin of the aliens from the original films,it has horrific things happening... how is it not an alien prequel?

All that talk is just a get out of jail free card for those who say the film is a lot better than it actually is and an attempt by Scott and Fox to get a bigger audience other than Alien fans to go see the film.Its akin to Rick Berman and Brannon Braga creating a show called Enterprise but not putting Star Trek in the title in a feeble attempt to bring in new viewers who wouldnt be caught dead watching anything with Star Trek in the title.

Prometheus is a film definetly worth seeing on the big screen but the dodgy script and editing sabotaged the end result which is a pity as there was so much potential.An extended directors cut MAY improve the film but not by much i fear given his comments that hes overall happy with the version as is.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: PROMETHEUS Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI