Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

PROMETHEUS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> PROMETHEUS Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PROMETHEUS - 1/6/2012 9:39:20 PM   
Nexus Wookie

PROMETHEUS (2012) Dir: Ridley Scott

**SPOLIERS**

Ridley Scott's film is beautiful to behold, the dark, dusty barren wastelands of the alien world recall's science fiction stories and novels of old. Or even artists such as Jean Girard Moebius. The chambers inside the 'Pyrmaid' is teaming with foreboding and dread. It is these scenes which stay with you long after the credits have rolled.

We rarely get to see films of this undertaking by Hollywood any longer. Stories with such big idea's which Hollywood find unpalatable. And for this reason, Ridley Scott needs to be commended. This is science fiction film for grown ups, with big idea's, about the origin's of life. The meaning of faith, and what the consequences are if your whole belief system was turned upside down.

Ridley Scott is a master at creating worlds. From Alien, Blade Runner to Gladiator. No one has an eye for detail quite like him. And Prometheus is no exception. It is beautiful and awe-inspring at times. The design of the spaceship 'Prometheus' is spectacular in itself. A total contrast to the Nostromo (which was a mining vessel so makes sense for its appearance!). Shot's of it in space, or a solitary figure on the alien landscape had me salivating! The interior shots of the Pyrmaid and the Space Jockey's ship is beautiful to behold, thanks to Dariusz Wolski's excellent work. It is full of dread, and although lacking some input from Giger, still looks menacing (this is afterall a 'different' beast) as does the chamber containing the giant 'Easter Island' head. The model works are stunning and as for the CGI, I have been critical of Weta in the past, but I cannot find any fault in this movie. Their input is invaluable, and astonishing at times. I would go as far as saying it is better than Avatar!

The film is full of moments where you just have to sit back and watch in sheer wonderment at some of the beautiful scenery. The scene of the dust clouds chasing the vehicles back to the Prometheus, the opening scenes of lush imagery of mountains, lakes and waterfalls. Or the magnificent shots of the Prometheus approaching the rings of Calpamos - or what looks like it! It is a visually breath-taking film.

A World of wonder; David hold's the world in his fingertips

But aside from all the visual beauty on offer, what of the actors?

The star of the show without doubt is Michael Fassbender as the android David! He is at once childlike, with mannerism's sometimes mirroring that of C3-PO and that of Peter O'Toole, but there is a dark heart beating beneath his synthetic chest. Noomi Rapace is excellent as Shaw, as is Idris Elba as the ship's likeable captain. I thought Charlize Theron was also good as the icy Meredith Vickers.

Fifield (Sean Harris) and Milburn (Rafe Spall) were a very likeable duo, and I almost felt sad to see them meet their premature demise. I remember reading in EMPIRE, Spall seeing himself and Harris To Prometheus' answer to Yaphet Kotto and Harry Dean Stanton. And although they cannot compare to the pure joy, and the comedic value (and ultimately - tragedy) of both these great actors together, they still offer some comic relief even at some very tense moments. I did however, feel that Holloway's (Logan Marshall-Green) role was slightly underwritten, as well as that of Guy Pearce as the elderly Peter Weyland. He is a terrific actor, one of the best of his generation but he was miscast I feel for this role. But overall, the actors in this film were very good, especially the main trio of David, Shaw and Vickers.

Coming back to the film; one of my favourite scenes (out of many) is the opening. There is something very etheral and beautiful by the sight of a robed Engineer standing in the foreground near a waterfall, and the giant structure of what can be assumed is an Engineer 'mother ship'. Turning and facing skyward like a magnificent colossus, its shadow blotting the landscape. It is a brilliant, chilling scene and one which stays with you. (I must say that I love the look of the Engineer's. I felt they provided the right balance of otherworldliness, awe and terror).

Another of my favourite scenes is on the Prometheus, when we see David wondering around the ship alone, his crewmen still in stasis. It a a wonderful montage of scenes. We see David in his spare time walking around the ship with a basketball in tow, or studying David Lean's masterpiece Lawrence of Arabia with surgical precision. And modelling his look's on Peter O'Toole, as well as quoting lines from the film.

The film may not be as scary as Alien, or as action-packed as Aliens, but it is its own beast. There are lots on offer that viewers will find appealing. I did feel at time though that it felt a little rushed, so therefore I am hoping Ridley Scott releases a director cut which will hopefully expand upon the story and maybe clear a few things up. But after watching it my head was a swathe of question's and possibilties! And I love to a sequel realised where we can further immerse oursleves in this weird, dark, beautiful world that Ridley Scott has created!

Not a masterpiece by all means, but nonetheless, still a solid science-fiction film! And even its few failures towers over other directors successes like a giant colossus.

4/5

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 14/6/2012 10:41:24 AM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/
Post #: 1
RE: PROMETHEUS - 1/6/2012 9:47:15 PM   
superdan

I think spoilers are fair game in these Favourite Film threads aren't they? It's a place away from the review thread to discuss a film in more detail after all.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 2
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 12:37:19 AM   
Rgirvan44

Yeah - go for it.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 3
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 12:33:03 PM   
The REAL Bozz

SPOILERS

Yeah I think spoilers should be fair game in here. If you're on fave films and you haven't seen the film you're asking for it I think. There's future films for people to discuss it without spoilers.

Vickers. Anyone else think her fate was stupid? I was like '.....oh...no...OH NO!...wow. Really?'

Loved the story. How it related to the series but also how they can go forward and explore so many new ideas without even having a 'alien' as we know 'em in the films ever again.

Wasn't fussed on Shaw. I don't blame the actress though. I thought the character.. wasn't much to her. David was great. Reall great. Thought Vickers was gonna go 'somewhere'. I guess she did...

I'd like to know what creature fans thought of the ones in this. I liked 'em for the most the part but I didn't understand why the face hugger was huge??

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 2/6/2012 12:39:33 PM >

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 4
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 12:36:39 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

SPOILERS

Vickers. Anyone else think her fate was stupid? I was like '.....oh...no...OH NO!...wow. Really?'

**SPOILERS**
I agree! It was quite cliched wasn't it? She should have followed suit of her predecessor's - i.e, in a more spectacular fashion methinks!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 2/6/2012 12:39:06 PM >

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 5
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 12:37:47 PM   
The REAL Bozz

I honestly wasn't a fan of it. Like they didn't know what to do with her or tie her up. Yep. Agreed. Like a little gal on gal showdown trying to get into the ship and then the engineer shows up and DOES HER IN!! I thought two things. She was gonna be a android or ....she was a bloke and I say that 'cause when Shaw goes into her chambers doesn't the surgery mahicne say it's set up to only perform on males or something? Anyhow. Character wise, big fan of Vickers and David (if they brought her back as a droid in 'Paradise' I wouldn't roll my eyes. .

I liked the scenes at the start with David, wandering around the ship, playing basketball, watching movies. A lot of thought went into all of that. One of the stronger aspects of the film.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 2/6/2012 12:45:39 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 6
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 12:45:07 PM   
Nexus Wookie

**SPOLIER**
I concur - exit wise it was a poor way to go..the script writers probably ran out of ideas by then! There was a moment I thought she would get away...but suddenly SPLAT!

Post #: 7
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 12:46:01 PM   
The REAL Bozz

CRUNCH haha

What did you think of the face hugger thing?? I wasn't a big fan of that tbh. Why was it so big?

Loved the opening. What a beautiful idea AND chilling.

There where a few things Rgirvan cleared up for me. I didn't realize it wasn't the same planet as in Alien. So I told my mate's that, a few of 'em are seeing it today, in case they come out like all "How does that makes sense?"

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 2/6/2012 12:51:17 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 8
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 12:50:26 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

I honestly wasn't a fan of it. Like they didn't know what to do with her or tie her up. Yep. Agreed. Like a little gal on gal showdown trying to get into the ship and then the engineer shows up and DOES HER IN!! I thought two things. She was gonna be a android or ....she was a bloke and I say that 'cause when Shaw goes into her chambers doesn't the surgery mahicne say it's set up to only perform on males or something? Anyhow. Character wise, big fan of Vickers and David (if they brought her back as a droid in 'Paradise' I wouldn't roll my eyes. .

I liked the scenes at the start with David, wandering around the ship, playing basketball, watching movies. A lot of thought went into all of that. One of the stronger aspects of the film.

ha ha! I would probably have to agree with you on that one! She looks kinda sexy when she's cold as ice! I envy Janek! Lucky bastard!

I agree also with the opening scenes of David. It was a really nice touch - see the part he shoots the basketball into the net from a distance - reminded me of Ripley when she did the same thing in Resurrection!

Post #: 9
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 12:55:19 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yeah. I think to sum up, for me, I loved the story. Big old sci-fi fare that gets you thinking. As far as answers to Alien go...as I said they can go forward now and never have one of THOSE aliens show up and it wouldn't bother me because I think Prometheus gave enough answers as to the why and how of Alien but opened up the universe of the series so much more. Could go anywhere now really. My only real gripe where some character stuff and the look of some of the creatures (not because they didn't resemble what I know ...juts the overall look). Loved the look of the Engineers.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 10
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 12:57:09 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

CRUNCH haha

What did you think of the face hugger thing?? I wasn't a big fan of that tbh. Why was it so big?

Loved the opening. What a beautiful idea AND chilling.

There where a few things Rgirvan cleared up for me. I didn't realize it wasn't the same planet as in Alien. So I told my mate's that, a few of 'em are seeing it today, in case they come out like all "How does that makes sense?"

**SPOILERS**
I thought it wasn't too bad if i'm honest! Its like the pre-cursor to the face-hugger, or maybe the face-hugger version of the queen! I too loved the opening. It is very beautiful, and the shot of the giant collossal ship, and the Engineer in the foreground near the waterfall - it was a breath taking scene not to mention very chilling like you said. I have to take my hat off to Ridley for coming up with this premise, no matter how barmy. At least with Prometheus, he gets to rescue the Aliens back from the slimy clutches of the AVP films - because the Engineers are the real 'gods', not the fucking Predators! (as much as I love them in the original films!)

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 2/6/2012 1:05:04 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 12:57:38 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Yep.
There alot of things in the film where you are scratching your head and for that reason the sequel needs to explain a fair bit.

To be honest I liked the abrupt ending of Vickers and was starting to believe she would be the main surviver.

Certaintly was a rollercoster of a ride and I expect the DVD/Blue Ray to have a greater depth in extras when it finaly released.

Its just a big fun B-movie Sci-fi blockbuster and if people go in thinking like that then they'll be pleased.But if you go in expecting something more grand then you might be disapointed.

A guilty pleasure film.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 2/6/2012 1:02:20 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 1:04:28 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Oh I don't know about that. I thought it brought up some wonderful old school sci-fi themes and loved the wonder of it. I wouldn't personally brand it a blockbuster. I thought it had a lot of thought put into it and I hope we get to see this new world explored fully in the future.

I wanna know what Rgivran thought.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 13
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 1:11:43 PM   
Nexus Wookie

@the Real Boz

I have to agree with you on the look of the Engineers minus the suit, they looked human but very otherworldy or alien at the same time. They looked fucking menacing contrary to what a lot of other viewers thought.

I think it will grow more on DVD/8lu-Ray and get a big following from fan's, maybe even become a cult classic who knows! And knowing Ridley, we may even have a Directors Cut to look forward to, which may make things more clearer and add to the overall story. I for one cannot wait!

Post #: 14
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 1:16:37 PM   
The REAL Bozz

The Engineers, the sheer brute look to them..yeah ...I was thinking that's probs what a God like species would look like. No complaints at all from me. I think too much is being made of it not linking right up with Alien. To be fair to Scott, he and the writers said from day one this wasn't going to be a direct prequel to Alien but would anyone listen? Noooooooo.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 2/6/2012 1:17:05 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 15
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 1:18:41 PM   
Scruffybobby

It's a beautiful loooking, spectacular mess of a film.  There's a whole lot of stuff  that just doesn't make sense - like what happened to Fifield and how that ties into everything else. I'm sure there's a whole load of deleted scenes that will clarify but I'm going to have to give it another viewing meantime. It tackles some very big ideas and has a lot to say but seems in just a bit too much of a hurry to get them over and ends up somewhat confused.

I liked it a lot but I wasn't blown away.

quote:

I thought two things. She was gonna be a android or ....she was a bloke and I say that 'cause when Shaw goes into her chambers doesn't the surgery mahicne say it's set up to only perform on males or something? Anyhow. Character wise, big fan of Vickers and David (if they brought her back as a droid in 'Paradise' I wouldn't roll my eyes. .

I just took it that the machine was intended for Weyland. There may be more to it but I don't think so. Guess she could be a android but I think she's just a bit cold.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Post #: 16
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 1:20:26 PM   
The REAL Bozz

...a bit flat?

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 17
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 1:54:15 PM   
Workshed

I saw this at the BFI IMAX last night and overall enjoyed it despite the baggy second half, the lapses in logic and some of the pointless crew. It was sheer spectacle and the end had me in goosebumps. I'd still like to gather my thoughts before I post a full review but one thing struck me and I haven't seen it brought up elsewhere:

MAJOR SPOILERS

At the end when Shaw takes off in the architect's ship, what is she goin to eat and drink to survive???

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

Post #: 18
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 2:01:20 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Workshed

I saw this at the BFI IMAX last night and overall enjoyed it despite the baggy second half, the lapses in logic and some of the pointless crew. It was sheer spectacle and the end had me in goosebumps. I'd still like to gather my thoughts before I post a full review but one thing struck me and I haven't seen it brought up elsewhere:

MAJOR SPOILERS

At the end when Shaw takes off in the architect's ship, what is she goin to eat and drink to survive???

David8 has some Milk in him.

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 19
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 2:18:34 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

MAJOR SPOILERS

Maybe she managed to grab a food pack as she ran out from the crashed module when we weren't looking!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 2/6/2012 2:20:48 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 2:23:12 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

MAJOR SPOILERS

Maybe she managed to grab a food pack as she ran out from the crashed module when we weren't looking!

She was grabbing something.Was it Air canisters?

Post #: 21
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 2:37:42 PM   
Spaldron

Off to see this tonight with Ninj. IMAX is completely sold out all week (serves them right for only showing it once a day compared to MIIIB's four times) so will just be regular 3D this time.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 22
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 2:37:49 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Also...what the hell does she think she's gonna do when she gets to their planet?

"I want a word with you!" ....awkward pause and then I'm thinking not the warmest of welcomes.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 23
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 2:58:00 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Also...what the hell does she think she's gonna do when she gets to their planet?

"I want a word with you!" ....awkward pause and then I'm thinking not the warmest of welcomes.

Leave that for another day....

Post #: 24
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 3:31:34 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

Leave that for another day....

Whatever the outcome is, I love the thought of them both just 'riding off to the sunset'! Reminded me of Empire Strikes Back when the Millenium Falcon flies off to dangers unknown towards the end as Luke and his friends look on! Thats part of the excitement I feel, just guessing what might happen when they arrive on the Engineer's home world!

Maybe she'll be seen as a 'god' herself! Who knows!

Post #: 25
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 5:37:49 PM   
RobotDevil

quote:

The whole sequence where they turn up in her 'lifeboat' and then they see the medpod is embarassing. Reminds me of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 'think that's where the climax will happen?' except in this case it actually did!

Vickers' death was a bit rubbish. Should have been squid or engineer food if you ask me. In fact that would be perfect - Vickers tries to lock Shaw out of the lifeboat and then gets eaten / facehugged.

I had Korean Barbecue for lunch - I cannot look at a Dr Moreau pigbaby.

Post #: 26
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 6:35:40 PM   
The REAL Bozz

I just LOL'd at the 'Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang' ref.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to RobotDevil)
Post #: 27
RE: PROMETHEUS - 2/6/2012 11:00:02 PM   
Biggus

********* SPOILERS *********

Ridley Scott said in his recent inerview with Kermode and Mayo that there's plenty of material for an expanded director's cut.

Personally I enjoyed the film. As other people have mentioned, regardless of whether you wanted something more Alien-centric, a return to intelligent, thought-provoking sci-fi is more than welcome in this day and age.

The opening sequence bowled me over in its beauty. This is exactly the kind of thing I go to the cinema for with those huge sweeping shots of beautiful natural landscape which then incoroporated the fantastical elements of the Engineer. Just stunning.

The only major gripe I had was with the reappearance of Fifield after his helmet-melting ordeal. I thought that scene was completely unnecessary and detracted from the abortion scene with which it was intercut. It wasn't really clear what happened to Fifield but I quite liked the grisly fate he apparently suffered but suddenly there he is again with superhuman strength in a rather perfunctory action sequence. The abortion scene with Elizabeth stretched the film in a more shocking direction (but crucially not too far) but when coupled with the return of Fifield and then almost immediately the reveal of Weyland it all felt a bit like the steady pace of the build-up was being squandered.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

Post #: 28
RE: PROMETHEUS - 3/6/2012 3:42:36 AM   
Spaldron

Posted this in reviews originally.

SPOILERS

Ok so I went in to this with very low expectations, mostly due to the negative reviews (remind me never to trust Ian Nathan's opinion on anything again) and comments, so how pleasantly surprised I was to come away with easily the best sci-fi of the last few years (not counting ROTPOTA of course but its close) and Ridley Scott's best film since Gladiator. Typically for a Scott film the visuals are stunning and a rare example of a worthwhile 3D experience. Unlike The Avengers awful conversion this film fixes all the usual issues with the format, namely the motion blur and light/sharpness loss, some of the shots are stunning (the holographic map room stands out). The cast of characters really work well together even if one or two of them aren't as well written as they could be. To its credit the film really has a genuine sense of scale and awe about it, even more than Avatar, you really feel like you're visiting an ancient alien world full of secrets, and I particularly love how the whole film is set in essentially a single location reminding us of the claustrophobic atmosphere of Alien.

As we get to the gritty stuff I was surprised at how far Scott was willing to push the gruesome boundaries for a film like this, in fact when the shit really started hitting the holo-fan it caught me off-guard as I'd been led to believe (from the reviews) than the film was tame and featured little in the was of thrills and spills. Make no mistake, this is a blockbuster through and through and Scott certainly knows how to deliver. This certainly isn't some long winded existential question of origin (at least not prominently), no this is pure sci-fi entertainment. It packs a punch and doesn't once let up in its 2 hour running time. Of the few criticisms I'd agree with Nathan on would have to be the (slightly) clunky dialogue and the often interfering score (which is too loud in places despite being very good). Of course I couldn't write up this film without mentioning its star of David. Fassbender once again proves himself to be possibly the finest actor of his generation. I especially loved the montage of him running the ship and in particular the Lawrence of Arabia references ("there is nothing in the desert, and no man needs nothing").

Overall a cracking film, completely baffled at the hate for this. Its clear that some people (ahem) just went in to this with their own version if it in their heads and were just angry that it didn't turn out the way they wanted it to. I for one am glad Ridley chose this path instead of going down the obvious route and just hope that this film makes enough box office to warrant part 2 and 3.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 29
RE: PROMETHEUS - 3/6/2012 10:32:44 AM   
superdan

Things I liked:

The opening sequence and credits. Stunning.

The cinematography full stop. You know a Ridley Scott film is going to look gorgeous, and this doesn't disappoint in that regard.

The best use of 3D I've seen yet. It hasn't won me round to any inherent merits of 3D, but I thought it was exceptionally well integrated into the film and was probably the first time where I wasn't taken out of the movie by it.

Fassbender's performance was fantastic, breathing new life into a well-worn concept.

As many questions asked as answered, which is bold and makes a nice change from the typical in-your-face bluntness of a lot of sci-fi these days. In addition to which, it is the closest I've seen to proper old-fashioned sci-fi that I've seen for a while. Not scary or violent enough to be a horror or action film, it doesn't really fit into any particular genre other than 'sci-fi' which I liked.

Unlike many others I actually quite liked the score.

Things I didn't like:

The dialogue was frequently clunky to the point of embarrassment.

Some plot holes and odd plot devices that caused some confusion (which isn't uncommon for sci-fi I suppose). Not a major problem, just a mild irritant.

Paper thin characters, including the main ones (David aside). Left me not really caring about the fate of any of them, since they were all essentially strangers even by the end. It's even more of a shame because it's clear that there is a lot of room to explore with some of them (Vickers, Janeck, Holloway etc.).

Was there any real need to have Guy Pearce play an old man? It looked worse than the old man disguises in Jackass.

Overall I enjoyed the film. Not as good as I'd hoped, and not as bad as I'd feared. If there is a directors cut on the way when it's available on BD then I remain optimistic that a lot of the things I found disappointing will be improved, since Ridley has shown on a few occasions that he can really polish a film when given that freedom (Blade Runner and KoH being obvious examples) and a lot of the things I didn't enjoy felt like a result of trimming down the running time as much as anything.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> PROMETHEUS Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI