Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

What takes the fancy of the little relatives?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> What takes the fancy of the little relatives? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 10:52:35 AM   
Bloke from Oz

So what are your kids/nieces/nephews (of toddler age) fascinated by? What do they play with for hours on end, with no care in the world?

My nephew enjoys Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends; he adores his toy train set. He also loves building blocks, and building tall towers with them. Its fascinating to watch them so engrossed and playful at that young age.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1342/jamesbondsia6.jpg
Post #: 1
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 10:54:14 AM   
Hobbitonlass

My nephew is 7 and he is only interested in Lego!

My niece is 13 (going on 23) and interested in gossip, make-up, boys and horses!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Bloke from Oz)
Post #: 2
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 11:14:39 AM   
Arron_

My daughter has just turned 4. Her favourite things to do are painting, drawing, playing with teddy's and rolling around on a football that she won at nursery on Wednesday.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 3
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 11:19:28 AM   
sharkboy

My twin nephews just turned 13 recently and their hobbies appear to be xbox, football and annoying the hell out of their parents

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 4
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 11:29:21 AM   
Goodfella

How do you end up with -132 posts?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 5
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 11:31:27 AM   
elab49

O/T - It's the first of the month.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 6
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 11:34:54 AM   
hozay

My niece is 30, she's just bought a pub. (my much older brother's daughter that is).

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 7
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 11:35:27 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

O/T - It's the first of the month.

Oh I see. I remember something about that.

As for the original post which I really should reply to now, my niece, who is 18 months old, spends most of her time rooting through the cupboards and going up and down the stairs. Having only learnt to fully walk recently toys have become a bit of a bore now and she's more interested in banging spoons down on the laminate flooring and trying to feed the dog (don't worry, we don't let her near the bleach. Not unless she's been a good girl...). She does love mobile phones though and knows how to take the i-phone out of lock, which is slightly frightening. The birds nest in the back of the garden is of much interest to her as well.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 1:19:42 PM   
jcthefirst

4 year old nephew; Octonauts. All the bloody time.

I now know what a Gup A, B, C and D is as well as an Octopod and know all the charcter names.

Oh, and fire engines.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 9
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 2:52:23 PM   
Harley Quinn

My niece is 2 and half she like jumping, running, shouting. She's madly into Disney princess especially Ariel & Tinkerbell. Jake and the Neverland pirates, she wants to be a fairy pirate. She also love bubbles, playing with her dolls. Is mad on animals and slightly obsessed with my make-up bag and nail polishes.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 10
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 3:01:12 PM   
hubu_phonk

My wee man who's 3yrs, loves this now rotten lump of dental floss. He calls it his 'whoosh' and throws it around whilst saying spiderman as if it's his webbing

Straight in, no kissing

http://www.last.fm/user/hubuphonk

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 11
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 1/6/2012 6:04:49 PM   
Shifty Bench

I have no nieces or nephews or kids of my own. My sister (who is 20) has a 9 year old sister and 2 year old brother. I have no idea what they like.

I probably shouldn't have replied to this thread as I have nothing to contribute, I was just bored

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 12
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 2/6/2012 2:29:44 PM   
horribleives

My 9 year old niece is obsessed with Doctor Who and crying, the 4 year old likes Justin Bieber and hitting things. They both collect Moshi Monsters but I haven't a clue what they are.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 13
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 3/6/2012 8:28:14 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

My kids love moshi monsters, they are every where in the house and they bloody kill when you stand on them in bare feet. Katsuma and Furri are big faves.
Quite pleasingly Scooby Doo is also massively popular in our house.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 14
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 3/6/2012 8:59:15 PM   
Rebel scum

My seven-year old brother currently loves dinosaurs and Harry Potter. He is also insanely good at Mario Kart!

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 15
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 4/6/2012 2:02:57 PM   
Skiba

My cousin's little boy, who has just turned 7, is obsessed with football...it all started with the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and his favourite player was Diego Forlan. He supported Uruguay through the tournament! He doesn't really play with his toys at all, he goes to bed kicking a ball around and wakes up kicking a ball around. Saw him a few weeks ago and I took him to a football pitch near where he lives and a school mate was there. His mate asked him what his favourite cartoon was, to which he replied "I don't like cartoons!"

He's currently doing a training school with Cardiff City and is developing pretty well...I've already got an agreement with him to be his agent!

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Bloke from Oz)
Post #: 16
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 5/6/2012 4:10:42 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

My kids love moshi monsters, they are every where in the house and they bloody kill when you stand on them in bare feet. Katsuma and Furri are big faves.

My eight year old loves them and beyblades. It's like listening to a new language my son also likes football, any sport, superhero's and Dr Who.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Post #: 17
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 7/6/2012 6:15:55 PM   
Taizy

As a childminder of 3 - 8 year olds I can officially announce that Power Rangers are back (!), and the top toys I end up picking up are superhero and any Pixar character, especially from Cars or Toy Story.    However self drawn treasure maps are also a winner and most of the kids love a story they can join in with ... and that's my favourite too :)  

Some people call it stalking but it's just selective walking...

Post #: 18
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 7/6/2012 6:24:39 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

Along with selling cigarettes for the adults, my section of my workplace also caters in a large selection of trading cards and Moshi Monsters is like a drug to the kids I serve. Watching their wee faces when I have to tell them we don't have any at the minute breaks my heart.

My brother is 14 now but when he was a kid he was a huge fan of Lego, particularly Bionicles. Those bastards will kill your feet.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

Post #: 19
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 7/6/2012 7:18:42 PM   
Harley Quinn

Stef do you sell the stickers for the albums of Moshi Monsters?

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 20
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 8/6/2012 1:43:20 PM   
shool

ditto with Moshi Monsters in our house for my 7 year old.
My 5 year old prefers pretending to be a school teacher and taking endless class registers.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 21
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 13/6/2012 12:43:06 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

On the flip side a certain Mr Batman has fallen somewhat in the polls with my kids and I now have a massive box filled with figures, tshirts, cars, a plastic bat cave and one a huge batman canvas that was the pride of my sons wall at one point.

I'm going to do a car boot and capitalize on the publicity of the new film and cash in, or put it as a job lot on Gumtree.

Rubs hands and appropriates an evil laugh.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 22
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 13/6/2012 6:48:09 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

My little ones like eating regularly and getting an education. Shit got deep man, cut deeper than the capatlist culture and think about what really matters. Okay it's mostly cock fighting or video games but we are doing our best.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 23
RE: What takes the fancy of the little relatives? - 13/6/2012 10:24:31 PM   
Lucky Day

These guys ............

The Imagination Movers. My four year and two year old boys love them. They are pretty cool mind you, and they do kinda rock.

Ben 10. Ben 10 is the damage. Not so much the original Ben 10 (when he was just a wee kid) but the later two incarnations, Alien Force & Ultimate Alien are brilliant. Well worth checking out, plus Ben 10's cousin Gwen is really quite tidy .........

Rather more annoying is my wee boys obsession with this .....

Peppa Pig. A) I suspect it is for girls. B) Peppa is a proper little shit. C) An episode lasts about three minutes. Hardly time to distract them long enough to make a cup of tea.

Honourable Mention goes to Dinosaurs. Spiderman. Batman. Mickey Mouse. Cher Lloyd (). Labrinth. Mario Kart. Super Mario World. Thundercats. The Muppets. Fraggle Rock. Sweeties. Foxy Bingo. Fizzy Juice. Castles. Dressing up & Power Rangers.

And these things .......

They are very tasty.

Feed the birds and what have you got? Fat birds.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> What takes the fancy of the little relatives? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI