Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 6:24:10 AM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/sheep-rain-down-on-cars-as-truck-tips-over-highway-20120601-1zl0w.html
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/vic/watch/29524700/sheep-rain-down-on-drivers/

Surreal.
Post #: 1
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 7:52:57 AM   
great_badir

In more ways than one - one assumes they were on their way to the slughterhouse...

Who's for a kebab???

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Squidward Hark Bugle)
Post #: 2
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 7:56:34 AM   
hozay

I feel for the poor sheep. Lucky no-one (human) was killed, still, be a good yarn to tell the grand kids.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 3
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 8:07:21 AM   
jonson

That's like a Welsh brothel on wheels.
I want to know what caused it, the reports so far all seem a bit woolly.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 4
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 8:35:53 AM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson
the reports so far all seem a bit woolly.

Despite the fact that the media are flocking to the story like a herd of...jellyfish. I feel fleeced by the lazy reporting.

Looking into it more, I think it must've been a shear corrner.

It has raised the BAAAAAr on odd animal news, though. Not many stories like this COME BY these parts.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 5
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 10:01:19 AM   
boaby

ewe've got to be kidding.

Sounds like something out of the national lambpoons.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 6
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 10:21:52 AM   
sharkboy

The driver claimed to have swerved to avoid a mutt on the road.  Wonder if there were any more accidents as drivers fell asleep counting them on the way past their windscreen?

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 1/6/2012 10:22:20 AM >

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 7
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 10:33:25 AM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

The driver claimed to have swerved to avoid a mutt on the road.

Am I the only one thinking that's one badass sheepdog. Steeley-eyed, staring down the truck thinking "and just where in the phuck do think you're taking my sheep? You're going no-where, pal."

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 8
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 10:55:30 AM   
elab49

How was a truck that size humanely transporting 400 sheep?!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 9
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 11:44:57 AM   
shatnerhamster

They probably stack quite well, with the legs slotting in at the sides of the one below.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 1/6/2012 11:47:11 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: shatnerhamster

They probably stack quite well, with the legs slotting in at the sides of the one below.

Actually, if you stick their back legs into your wellies and push them towards the edge of a cliff, it's surprising how compact they can go

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to shatnerhamster)
Post #: 11
RE: Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne - 2/6/2012 9:19:01 PM   
Hood_Man

First reaction - Lol at the mental image of sheep falling from the sky

Second reaction - Horror at the sight of all those dead and bloodied sheep

Third reaction - Lol again as I was then reminded of this scene from Con Air

http://youtu.be/-cAyezzVHv4

If it indeed wasn't the drivers fault, I hope he doesn't get hit with a baaaaaaan.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Truck rolls spilling sheep onto highway in Melbourne Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI