Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Apes Sequel Set For 2014 - 31/5/2012 10:18:37 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 31/5/2012 10:18:37 PM   
clarkkent

Awesome. It's a bit of a wait, but i'd rather wait and get a great sequel than suffer through a slapdash scrabble to reach a release date of a film.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 31/5/2012 11:45:53 PM   
Whistler

Dawn sounds like a good title, although wouldn't it have made more sense if they were switched? Surely the apes first gathering together was the dawn, then as they began to evolve it was the rise? Anyway, I'm just being a pedantic percy. Looking forward to this one!

Post #: 3
Dawn? - 1/6/2012 7:59:14 AM   
matsnowie

Dawn makes sense in a way, but wouldn't War for the Planet of the Apes sound better? Dawn sounds like the opening of 2001.

Post #: 4
Robopocalypse? - 1/6/2012 8:32:35 AM   
TheWitherall

All this seems fine, but are you genuinely serious when you tell me that Speilberg (who doesn't deserve his name spelt correctly) is genuinely going to release a film with the title of 'Robopocalypse'? It sounds like the title of a film you'd see on a poster in the background of the least imaginative episode of Futurama.

Post #: 5
Robopocalypse? - 1/6/2012 8:33:20 AM   
TheWitherall

All this seems fine, but are you actually serious when you tell me that Speilberg (who doesn't deserve his name spelt correctly) is genuinely going to release a film with the title of 'Robopocalypse'? It sounds like the title of a film you'd see on a poster in the background of the least imaginative episode of Futurama.

Post #: 6
RE: Dawn? - 1/6/2012 9:30:41 AM   
jackcarter

quote:

ORIGINAL: matsnowie

Dawn makes sense in a way, but wouldn't War for the Planet of the Apes sound better? Dawn sounds like the opening of 2001.

whats wrong with that? Apes and 2001 have always been sort of connected...both released in 1968 and feature apes, plus the Burton remake was out in 2001 and contained various references (the pods, "Lt Bowman report to the bridge", interior of the space station wasn’t unlike Discovery, Leo watching videos of his pals like Frank Poole, time displacement sort of similar to the stargate, intelligent apes in a barren land)

(in reply to matsnowie)
Post #: 7
I think the wait for two years is undertstandable - 1/6/2012 10:41:57 AM   
bb

I mean, let's face it, if you want to make a great film, you need all the time. If they just fast-tracked these and release them next year, then the films themselves are gonna be a total mess. And let's not forget, next year is already fully pack with films I'm looking forward to such as THE WORLD'S END (Pegg & Wright's next Cornetto film), KICK-ASS 2, MAN OF STEEL, the second STAR TREK film by J.J. Abrams, PACIFIC RIM (Guillermo Del Toro's upcoming monster movie), GRAVITY (Alfonso Cuaron's sci-fi drama) and THE HOBBIT: THERE & BACK AGAIN.

Post #: 8
Re: Robopocalypse? - 1/6/2012 1:02:43 PM   
ronniem

And what exactly is wrong with Robopocalypse, may I ask...Don't hate just because you don't like Spielberg...

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Apes Sequel Set For 2014 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI