Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Iron Patriot Seems To Be In Iron Man 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Iron Patriot Seems To Be In Iron Man 3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Iron Patriot Seems To Be In Iron Man 3 - 31/5/2012 7:46:01 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Begging to worry - 31/5/2012 7:46:01 AM   
echoalpha92

That this is going down the same multi-villain road as the ill fated spiderman 3...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Iron Patriot?!?! - 31/5/2012 9:23:09 AM   
MusicLovesYou

That's Dark Reign stuff!!! Weird thinking but Shane Black's a ledge so I reckon his plan is good.

Post #: 3
World's Most Wanted - 31/5/2012 9:41:50 AM   
Sentinel11

so I assume this will be an adaptation of the Extremis and World's Most Wanted arcs. Both fantastic, I can see how they'd be adapted too. Presumably with Mandarin replacing Norman Osborn/H.A.M.M.E.R and Iron Patriot being a 'henchman' of sorts used to hunt down Stark as he wipes his mind free from nanotech. All just speculation of course, but I think that'd make a great storyline.

Post #: 4
Iron Patriot - 31/5/2012 10:03:31 AM   
gres

Looks like it's the Iron Patriot:
http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/spotted-on-set-slideshow/iron-man-3-set-photos-photo-1338411686.html

Post #: 5
Iron Patriot - 31/5/2012 10:04:03 AM   
gres

Looks like it's the Iron Patriot:
http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/spotted-on-set-slideshow/iron-man-3-set-photos-photo-1338411686.html

Post #: 6
RE: Iron Patriot - 31/5/2012 11:48:19 AM   
Histeria

quote:

ORIGINAL: dangtrung

Haha, I thought it was a combination of Iron and Captain.

That's exactly right - in the comics, Osborne's suit is specifically designed to look like a combintion of Cap and Iron man.
Post #: 7
RE: Iron Patriot - 31/5/2012 12:49:57 PM   
Osric

I love that none of you seem to have read the story you're talking about, beyond the title
Post #: 8
- 31/5/2012 1:25:22 PM   
Cyberleader

Why can't Sony and Paramount just make a deal? It would work bell for both of 'em. Spider-Man appearing in a future 'Avengers' movie would make both studios mountains of cash. Start now.

Post #: 9
good GRIEF - 31/5/2012 3:43:04 PM   
bigmeuprudeboy1

'Iron Patriot, meanwhile, is the star-spangled armour worn by Spider-Man villain Norman Osborne in the comics, during all the Dark Avengers / Secret Invasion business in 200zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post #: 10
Whoop - 1/6/2012 10:47:28 AM   
Gazzabrook

This is the best Ironman 3 news since kingsley was announced.
However I too hope they don't mess up the multi-villain story line, we don't want another spiderman 3

Post #: 11
Multi villain "problem" is a myth, it is eith... - 1/6/2012 6:05:38 PM   
everton

Multiple villains were used well in Batman Returns, in Superman 2, In Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, you could even argue X2 & Blade 2.. It simply takes decent storytelling and desire to make things work (Which wasn't fully the case when Venom was forced into Spider-Man 3)

Post #: 12
Nothing wrong with multiple villains - 6/6/2012 10:13:39 AM   
ronniem

@everton Totally agree. A good director can make it work in spades, as you mentioned Nolan's had at least 2 illains in each of the Batman films he's done. Batman Returns and X2 also had multiple villains but Tim Burton and Brayn Singer handled it well with some good writing and direction. The "shoving down our throats" of Venom midway through Spiderman 3 is the laziest piece of filmmaking I've seen in years...taking the audience for idiots.

Post #: 13
iron man 3 plot hypothesis - 6/6/2012 5:49:02 PM   
launcelot

It seems likely to me that James Badge Dale will play one of top scientist/the Mandarin's (Guy Pearce/Ben Kingsley's) test subjects for a new breed of super soldier, using Extremis nano tech. The Cap Am styled armour is a deliberate and overt reference to Cap's genesis designed to drum up patriotic support for the project. However, they turn out to be manipulated for evil causes. Hence Iron Man intervenes and saves the day. I feel there's a good chance I'm right, but I sincerely hope not. Because that's basically the plots of Iron Mans 1 and 2 and adds nothing to the series - apart from some new gift scenes of course! But I personally would like it to raise some new big thematic questions. One of the most interesting raised by Extremis I think that should be explored is the notion of humanity. At what point do we stop being human? How much tech inside our bodies makes us robots? What does it mean to be human? Is it biology or action? Is it good to be human or are robots in fact more reliable? See also: Robocop!

Post #: 14
iron man 3 plot hypothesis - amendment - 6/6/2012 7:53:27 PM   
launcelot

rather, what I meant to say is that though there is scope to explore some meaty questions within the plot outline I mentioned, I am not confident they will based on Iron Man 2, which had nothing whatsoever to say. And before you reply with 'it's an action/superhero franchise not arthouse' well yes, I know, but I think you can have a point as well as being entertaining - something Iron Man 1 managed quite well. Something Batman Begins and The Dark Knight also managed.

Post #: 15
Fobbed-off - 14/6/2012 11:30:28 PM   
BatmansStuntDouble

Anybody else feeling like they're being taken for an idiot here? That armour is almost identical to the Iron Patriot that I'm familiar with. New War Machine my fanny - "oh... no, you didn't discover our secret character... this?... oh, this is something else... in fact he just makes the tea and sandwiches for the lighting guys..."

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Iron Patriot Seems To Be In Iron Man 3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI