Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Prometheus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Prometheus Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Prometheus - 24/6/2012 6:55:13 PM   
bennyboy1971

Why did they use the music from Superman in the film? Ridiculous.

Other than that, I think it's a solid enough film, albeit one where a three hour cut would probably work better. As long as they got rid of that stupid music.

(in reply to makins)
Post #: 901
RE: Prometheus - 24/6/2012 9:34:42 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: makins

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurtangleuk

I have to say this film was a major disappointment. Heres a great article that makes the case perfectly. I really hope he stays away from Blade Runner!!

http://whatculture.com/film/prometheus-20-blunders-that-ruined-the-film.php

god what an absolutely shite article. these films are full of scientific inaccuracies its sci fi for christs sake not sci fact.

you want scientific implausible in an alien film try holding your breath for the same amount of time as the characters in the underwater chase in resurrection. indeed the idea central to these films that the creatures have acid blood is complete scientific bollocks but nobody moans about that or writes endless fucking lists on why the film ruined their life , dan o banno n needed a way of making the creature invulnerable and it was ron cobb who eventually came up with the idea of acid for blood, even dan admitted it made absolutely no sense whatsoever, it just got them out of a hole in reagards to why they couldn;t just shoot the thing or blow it up . i think if youre going to complain endlessly about a film because you didn't understand it or because characters in horror films do stupid things or because you wanted answers handed you on a plate and didn't get them or because the baby at the end was too fucking big, jeez maybe you should take up something less taxing for your poor brains.

YEEEEEEEES! Oh I like you.

(Don't sugar coat it like that, kid. Tell 'em straight.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

"An overblown B-movie... technically impressive but awfully portentous and as difficult to sit through as a Black Mass sung in Latin"
L.A. Herald Examiner 

"Occasionally one sees a film that uses the emotional resources of movies with such utter cynicism that one feels sickened by the medium itself. "
David Denby, New York 

"There is very little involvement with the characters themselves ... A generally good cast in cardboard roles." 
Variety. 

"An empty-headed horror movie with nothing to recommend it beyond the art direction and some handsome, if gimmicky, cinematography."
Dave Kehr, Chicago Reader. 

"[An] empty bag of tricks whose production values and expensive trickery can not disguise imaginative poverty."
Time Out

Isn't it strange how not exactly everyone hailed Alien as an undisputed masterpiece the moment it was unleashed? Despite what its drooling admirers who HATE the no more scientifically implausible/silly Prometheus say. I liked Prometheus for all its flaws - I've seen it twice and plan to see it a third time. But good, bad or indifferent, I still maintain it is way too early to reliably decide if it is a classic or not. Only time will decide that. Having said that, I think time will be kinder to Prometheus and its undoubted layers and subtleties and allusions than a lot of frankly rabid Alien fanboys all-too-predictably have been. Ridley Scott's Phantom Menace indeed!

(in reply to makins)
Post #: 902
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 24/6/2012 11:18:29 PM   
tiago19201

Hey, Chris.
Your comment about publicity makes sense. However, I have noted Prometheus is not attracting “normal people” but people who want to see an actual prequel of Alien; as it is not, those ones who don’t understand the story criticize the film. The film just shows the place where the supposed first Alien or one of the first ones were born, but the STORY is not about them at all. That is why Alien as we know it could be considered a SPIN-OFF of PROMETHEUS, which in turn cannot be considered Alien’s prequel due to its proposal. Prometheus has a NEW APPROACH. Therefore, if there will be a Prometheus 2, we will hardly see an ALIEN. In other words, we might say that Alien and Prometheus share the same beginning.

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

I think the reason it was called Prometheus and not Alien: Prometheus (or Alien Begins or Alien Royale or some shit like that) was part of the same clever marketing strategy which had Ridley Scott deliberately hedge as to whether this was an Alien prequel at all.

Fox knew that us fanboys/saddoes would go see it anyway. By deliberately distancing Prometheus from the Alien franchise in ALL the publicity, they clearly hoped to attract a broader audience of, well, normal people. Of course it's an Alien prequel! Just not one not aimed exclusively at audiences necessarily familiar with the originals. A smart move if you ask me.

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 903
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 24/6/2012 11:47:36 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: tiago19201

Hey, Chris.
Your comment about publicity makes sense. However, I have noted Prometheus is not attracting "normal people” but people who want to see an actual prequel of Alien; as it is not, those ones who don't understand the story criticize the film. The film just shows the place where the supposed first Alien or one of the first ones were born, but the STORY is not about them at all. That is why Alien as we know it could be considered a SPIN-OFF of PROMETHEUS, which in turn cannot be considered Alien's prequel due to its proposal. Prometheus has a NEW APPROACH. Therefore, if there will be a Prometheus 2, we will hardly see an ALIEN. In other words, we might say that Alien and Prometheus share the same beginning.

Do you mean 'share the same DNA'? The thing the makers have hammered on ad nauseam while trying desperately hard to use bits of mainly the first two films to make this poor film work?

It's a bit of a straw man argument don't you think? It is possible to think little of the film while being perfectly aware of the set-up they were trying to go for.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to tiago19201)
Post #: 904
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 24/6/2012 11:53:12 PM   
chris kilby

Hey,

Dunno about that. Prometheus is still the number one film in the UK after three weeks. That suggests to me it's not just us geeks 'n' fanboys who are going to see it. Relatively normal people at work have been talking to me about it - women and everything!

Compare with the US where Prometheus did OK on its first week of release only for receipts to drop 50% by its second week which suggests that, worryingly, only the Harry Knowles brigade have turned out for it.

(And it is an Alien prequel.)

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 24/6/2012 11:55:37 PM >

(in reply to tiago19201)
Post #: 905
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 25/6/2012 12:04:35 AM   
Lazarus munkey

quote:

Hey,

Dunno about that. Prometheus is still the number one film in the UK after three weeks. That suggests to me it's not just us geeks 'n' fanboys who are going to see it. Relatively normal people at work have been talking to me about it - women and everything!

Compare with the US where Prometheus did OK on its first week of release only for receipts to drop 50% by its second week which suggests that, worryingly, only the Harry Knowles brigade have turned out for it.

I don't care who's seeing it, it's still the biggest disappointment since The Phantom Menace.
Style over substance, theme over plot, archetypes over characters.

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

Post #: 906
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 25/6/2012 12:08:10 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazarus munkey

quote:

Hey,

I don't care who's seeing it, it's still the biggest disappointment since The Phantom Menace.

I think Chris is responding to the post above - which suggests 'normal' people aren't seeing it. So it's a comment on attracting an audience outside an inbuilt fanbase?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Lazarus munkey)
Post #: 907
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 25/6/2012 12:12:43 AM   
Lazarus munkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

Hey,

I think Chris is responding to the post above - which suggests 'normal' people aren't seeing it. So it's a comment on attracting an audience outside an inbuilt fanbase?

Yes, but I'm drunk. A vital factor.

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 908
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 25/6/2012 12:15:33 AM   
elab49

That'd be a way to try the film - might make it more coherent 

quote:

Post #: 909
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 25/6/2012 12:21:48 AM   
Lazarus munkey

quote:

I said, 'drunk', not 'magic'.

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 910
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 25/6/2012 12:24:34 AM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

I said, 'drunk', not 'magic'.

quote:

Post #: 911
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 25/6/2012 11:46:03 PM   
chris kilby

Be quite funny trying to say "Prometheus" when yer pished - "Prometheush- Promesh-- Promesheshush- Ah fuggit, Alien 5!"

(Prometheush? Shoundsh like Shir Sean Connery!)

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 912
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 26/6/2012 12:10:53 AM   
gunstar

Messy film this. Absolutely all over the place with no clear narrative and things just chucked in for no apparent reason.

The strange thing about it was I found myself liking the characters that I assume we weren't supposed to (Charlize Theron, The Robot Man, The Two that are First to Die because they do a Bunch of Stupid Things for No Good Reason) than the ones that I assume we were supposed to rooting for (Scientist Lady, Black Captain, The Rest of Them)

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

Post #: 913
RE: Oh dear! - 26/6/2012 12:10:33 PM   
Jackie Boy

quote:

ORIGINAL: makins

quote:

ORIGINAL: trainedasninja

Im glad someone picked up on her death scene, honestly the only thing that rele bugged me with this film.
(spoiler) Whilst rapace casually rolls away, Theron continues to run in its path instead of running away from where it would fall.
She did a good job at escaping only to die straight after in such a stupid way.

we didn't actually see her die at all. i believe she is returning in the sequel.

That's quite a leap. Saying that stranger things have happened.

"If you're not against me,don't cross this line! If yes,do."

(in reply to makins)
Post #: 914
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 26/6/2012 12:18:13 PM   
Elflud

A fanboy mate dragged me to see this on opening night. Having never seen Alien ( or any sequel) I had no real expectations other than from watching the trailer. At the end of the film I must admit I had no clue what the bloody thing was about! I am not a complete numpty (although admitting I haven't seen Alien on this forum might give a few of you reason to question this statement) and I usually figure out most films I watch - to some degree. I guess I am ideally situated to be able to comment on the film as a stand alone work having no expectations re the Alien link.

So here goes - was it thought provoking, enjoyable and well thought out.... To me the answers are yes, mostly and not a jot! It made me think largely because once they arrived and came out of the looong nap it lost me. The premise was good enough, following the map and the set up was great but after that it just got a bit daft if you ask me.. I won't talk specifics but as soemone who has no previous vested interest in Space Jockeys should the movie not give some sort of back story to these creatures OR is the director just assuming we have all seen/devoured and worshipped Alien for the last 20 or 30 years or however long ago it was made (see - told I had no idea) Also why have a great actor in terrible plaster of paris make-up playing a guy 100 years old looking to cheat death UNLESS there will be a big reveal when he finds the fountain of youth he is looking for and is made young again? Why not draft a decent older actor in to play the part? I could go on but it's all beensaid. I guess I am trying to say that as a newcomer to this universe this film just didn't work. If you are making a stand alone film then bloody well do just that. If it is a prequel then at least make a film that sets up the next movie but give it a satisfactory ending to thsi installment to make the experience worthwhile.

Will sit back now and wait to be told why all of the above is wrong and poorly constructed but I will finish by saying one thing. Since watching the movie I have read several forums and also registered with Empire to have my say. As I have NEVER done this before over anything let alone a movie I didn't much enjoy I guess I can confirm that at least it got me thinking and talking about the film with others, even if it is just to tell them not to bother watching it unless they have seen Alien....

"Don't let him park the car Dicky"

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 915
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 26/6/2012 12:23:43 PM   
Elflud

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey,

Is there an opposite to fanboy? I had to google Harry Knowles..

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 916
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 26/6/2012 5:32:26 PM   
chris kilby

That's still illegal in some states, you know!

(in reply to Elflud)
Post #: 917
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 26/6/2012 9:48:27 PM   
MuckyMuckMan

Decent read with a plausible hypothesis:

http://whatculture.com/film/prometheus-6-answers-to-the-key-questions.php

My Film Collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/MuckyMuckMan
Last 5 films seen
The Impossible 3.5/5
Stoker 4/5
Thor: Dark World 3.5/5
The Wolfman (1941) 4/5
All is Lost 5/5

Post #: 918
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 27/6/2012 2:43:12 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elflud

A fanboy mate dragged me to see this on opening night. Having never seen Alien ( or any sequel) I had no real expectations other than from watching the trailer. At the end of the film I must admit I had no clue what the bloody thing was about! I am not a complete numpty (although admitting I haven't seen Alien on this forum might give a few of you reason to question this statement) and I usually figure out most films I watch - to some degree. I guess I am ideally situated to be able to comment on the film as a stand alone work having no expectations re the Alien link.

So here goes - was it thought provoking, enjoyable and well thought out.... To me the answers are yes, mostly and not a jot! It made me think largely because once they arrived and came out of the looong nap it lost me. The premise was good enough, following the map and the set up was great but after that it just got a bit daft if you ask me.. I won't talk specifics but as soemone who has no previous vested interest in Space Jockeys should the movie not give some sort of back story to these creatures OR is the director just assuming we have all seen/devoured and worshipped Alien for the last 20 or 30 years or however long ago it was made (see - told I had no idea) Also why have a great actor in terrible plaster of paris make-up playing a guy 100 years old looking to cheat death UNLESS there will be a big reveal when he finds the fountain of youth he is looking for and is made young again? Why not draft a decent older actor in to play the part? I could go on but it's all beensaid. I guess I am trying to say that as a newcomer to this universe this film just didn't work. If you are making a stand alone film then bloody well do just that. If it is a prequel then at least make a film that sets up the next movie but give it a satisfactory ending to thsi installment to make the experience worthwhile.

Will sit back now and wait to be told why all of the above is wrong and poorly constructed but I will finish by saying one thing. Since watching the movie I have read several forums and also registered with Empire to have my say. As I have NEVER done this before over anything let alone a movie I didn't much enjoy I guess I can confirm that at least it got me thinking and talking about the film with others, even if it is just to tell them not to bother watching it unless they have seen Alien....

You haven't seen Alien yet? Or Aliens? You're in for a treat then. In fact, I almost envy you the way I envy anyone who has yet to see Casablanca, Citizen Kane or The Wizard of Oz for the first time. Or Blade Runner. Or The Godfather. Or The Big Lebowski. Or...

Be interesting to know what you do make of Alien, being in the unusual position (round 'ere!) of seeing Prometheus first!

(in reply to Elflud)
Post #: 919
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 27/6/2012 7:18:26 AM   
Elflud

Once I watch it - and I surely will, I will let you know what I thought. Kinda looking forward to it, especially having read the article from the link posted above by Muckman (thanks for that by the way)

Post #: 920
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 27/6/2012 8:04:05 AM   
Elflud

quote:

That's still illegal in some states, you know!

Only some? now I am concerned...

Post #: 921
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 27/6/2012 9:20:55 AM   
bennyboy1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: MuckyMuckMan

Decent read with a plausible hypothesis:

http://whatculture.com/film/prometheus-6-answers-to-the-key-questions.php

I like this article a lot, and agree with pretty much all of it.

If you ask me, 'Prometheus' has legs precisely because it leaves much to the imagination. It's the opposite of most linear hold-your-hand hollywood films, as evidenced by the amount of talk it has generated. Yes, some are disappointed, and yes it has flaws (that music! That godawful music!) - but if anything, the film has haunted the recesses of my mind since seeing it in a way I wasn't expecting. There is something going on here below the surface, out the corner of the eye, that nags away at me.....

Looking forward to seeing it on dvd.

(in reply to MuckyMuckMan)
Post #: 922
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 27/6/2012 9:28:38 PM   
chris kilby

Me too. And for the same reasons - like those worms, Prometheus really gets under your skin...

(I also don't think a genuinely bad film - I mean irredeemable - would generate this much virtual ink.)

(in reply to bennyboy1971)
Post #: 923
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 28/6/2012 12:13:08 AM   
Lazarus munkey

I don't think it's bad, it's just a crushing disappointment. Dull characters shaken through a plot colander and left to flounder.

The ambiguity in Blade Runner is the character motivation, we are almost always aware of what happened, it's the why that we ponder. The only fact we debate is the origin of Deckard.

Prometheus attempts to add vagueness by removing fact and the audience is asked to hypothesise as to the events that took place and then derive meaning from our theories on those events. It just forgot to make the quest interesting.

All of this theorising masks the film's biggest flaw, the characters. I cared about the crew of the Nostromo. They were 'real' people. I cared about the replicants in Blade Runner, they were effectively children.
David aside, the characters are one-note and a waste of talent. Theron does well but succumbs to the most predictable character 'twist' in recent memory.

If the script fails, Scott fails. He's proven this time and time again.

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

Post #: 924
RE: Scott's finest film since Blade Runner!!! - 28/6/2012 9:41:30 AM   
MuckyMuckMan

Has anyone else thought? 'Were these Engineers the last of their kind?'
I'm asking this because in Alien I got the overall impression that the Space Jockey (Engineer) was a traveller with no connection to the human race and I felt he was an ancient and extinct creature . But now, after watching Prometheus, it seems to suggest that they're possibly not the last of their kind (going on the article I posted above (benevolent Engineer flying off with Alien eggs on board back to own homeworld)) and if they aren't why didn't they feature in any of the other Alien movies seen as they were the seed to the creation of the human race and were hell bent of the destruction of our race?

Obviously, they couldn't have featured the Engineers in the Alien movies because Lindelof has just created a brand new branch to the tree of the alien universe but it just shows how many plot holes there are in Prometheus that weren't even considered by the writer/s.

My Film Collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/MuckyMuckMan
Last 5 films seen
The Impossible 3.5/5
Stoker 4/5
Thor: Dark World 3.5/5
The Wolfman (1941) 4/5
All is Lost 5/5
Post #: 925
RE: AWFUL REVIEW!!! STUNNING FILM!!! - 28/6/2012 9:58:25 AM   
jobloffski

quote:

I don't think it's bad, it's just a crushing disappointment. Dull characters shaken through a plot colander and left to flounder.

The ambiguity in Blade Runner is the character motivation, we are almost always aware of what happened, it's the why that we ponder. The only fact we debate is the origin of Deckard.

Prometheus attempts to add vagueness by removing fact and the audience is asked to hypothesise as to the events that took place and then derive meaning from our theories on those events. It just forgot to make the quest interesting.

All of this theorising masks the film's biggest flaw, the characters. I cared about the crew of the Nostromo. They were 'real' people. I cared about the replicants in Blade Runner, they were effectively children.
David aside, the characters are one-note and a waste of talent. Theron does well but succumbs to the most predictable character 'twist' in recent memory.

If the script fails, Scott fails. He's proven this time and time again.

It's entirely subjective as to whether the script fails. Thinking about the 'why' of events in this film is what has given me the enjoyment I've derived from it. I'm looking forward to seeing it again immensely, and re-viewing Shaw's ludicrous optimism at the start through the prism of 'that scene' where she 'receives the agonies of Prometheus' torn open abdomen' for her curiosity and desire to look her creators in the eye.

I have no problem whatsoever with a film about a search for answers that descends into chaos and confusion (that's the meat and drink of new discoveries you have to digest in whatever field you work and you never get the answers to specific questions without some stumbles into the murk or unpredicted/unwelcome factors entering the equation and this aspect of the film, even if people don't like it narratively, PERFECTLY embodies the process of searching for the new, and eventually what is reached is either what you set out to find, or what you actually find, so, bring on the sequel to play it out!!!)), or with a robot that acts without conscience just to see what happens (and later in the series becomes 'robot with a specific evil agenda...robot with behavioural inhibitors that prevent it harming humans, etc).

In it's own right or as 'containing thematic/incidental elements from ALL subsequent 'canon' films', I find Prometheus to be good enough for me. And a good contrast to the characterisation style to ALL the subsequent films, all of which are different from film to film anyway. Damn, I even love saying the name of the film...Prom...etheus...hmmm :-)

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 28/6/2012 12:07:27 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

Post #: 926
RE: Spoilers or what! - 28/6/2012 11:48:11 AM   
bennyboy1971

I hear Scott is already working on a sequel, where Shaw visits the Engineers' home planet and gets a reputation for 'putting it about' with her creators.

Title: PROMISCUOS

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 927
RE: Spoilers or what! - 28/6/2012 11:48:27 AM   
bennyboy1971

I was hoping for a bit more alien sex from this film Promiscuous.

< Message edited by bennyboy1971 -- 28/6/2012 11:49:20 AM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 928
RE: Scott's finest film since Blade Runner!!! - 28/6/2012 12:17:39 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: MuckyMuckMan

Has anyone else thought? 'Were these Engineers the last of their kind?'
I'm asking this because in Alien I got the overall impression that the Space Jockey (Engineer) was a traveller with no connection to the human race and I felt he was an ancient and extinct creature . But now, after watching Prometheus, it seems to suggest that they're possibly not the last of their kind (going on the article I posted above (benevolent Engineer flying off with Alien eggs on board back to own homeworld)) and if they aren't why didn't they feature in any of the other Alien movies seen as they were the seed to the creation of the human race and were hell bent of the destruction of our race?

Obviously, they couldn't have featured the Engineers in the Alien movies because Lindelof has just created a brand new branch to the tree of the alien universe but it just shows how many plot holes there are in Prometheus that weren't even considered by the writer/s.

None of that represents plot holes. Untold parts of the story perhaps, but all answerable. For example, the story could continue after Alien...why exactly is the Company intent on getting the Alien to earth? To finish the job? What is the connection between the android stuff and the destruction of humanity, is The Company run by synthetics, given Weylands 'love' for his creations? The engineers (or whoever) could be playing the long game (hundreds of years is only a long time to creatures who live usually for less than one hundred years, are androids planning the extinction of their creators as a result of what David may learn? Would the creators of Humans be okay with the creations of man effectively being a more logical version of the humans they want to destroy? Post Resurrection (a film that feature 'engineers' of genetics) could an earth set film present a final conflict situation with the final shakedown between Mankind, their creators and their creations, without Ripley, but with Shaw as protagonist, coming out of hypersleep at the appropriate point in the timeline, which could open up a potential period setting featuring Ripley at Weaver's current age, with her cynical about humans, and Shaw still hopeful, or whatever)

Bit of a ramble, but Prometheus opens story doors, and leaves plenty of potential for the big game to play out, pre Alien and post Resurrection, with maybe even potential parallel to the Alien timeline movies. Which is, as far as I'm concerned, all to the good. Not saying I would necessarily want all potential movies made, but there is plenty of room for manouevre. The things we bring upon ourselves, if/when we decide to play God...

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 28/6/2012 12:51:20 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to MuckyMuckMan)
Post #: 929
RE: Spoilers or what! - 28/6/2012 1:28:10 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: bennyboy1971

I was hoping for a bit more alien sex from this film Promiscuous.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to bennyboy1971)
Post #: 930
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Prometheus Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI