Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 30/5/2012 3:39:05 PM   
archie119

I can't believe that some people on here are saying that they are big Reacher fans, but because of a height issue they are not going to see the film! That's ridiculous, Cruise has proven he can ACT and if an actor can convince you through his performance then he's nailed it, and id rather that than pick somebody who can't act but is a large bloke! There isn't really anybody out there who matches the characters physique and can act. I am looking forward to this, nuff said!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
its Tom, live with it - 30/5/2012 7:48:47 PM   
mclane1

please stop whining on like spoilt kids that its Tom Cruise. Oh and to whoever mentioned Daniel Craig, i hate to burst your bubble but hes short too !!

Post #: 32
just watch the film people - 31/5/2012 12:37:26 AM   
chrisharvey1551

cruise can act and draws you to this film by just being in it. also on the looks topic daniel craig is blonde jame bond isnt but that seems to have been forgotten after craigs performance in casnio royal give the film and cast a chance!!!!

Post #: 33
Show me the money! - 1/6/2012 1:48:01 PM   
kevmccann

One thing that might stop all this 'anti' Cruise, is a trailer, in the words of the vertically challenged Cruise-meister..."Show me the money"

Post #: 34
RE: I thought I was past this... - 1/6/2012 5:36:23 PM   
SusieQ100

Where's the "agree" button when you need it??

I've said it once and I'll say it again - first they changed the type of character (because we true Reacher fans know that TC cannot play him, so who the hell is he supposed to be?), now they've changed the name; have they changed the plot, too???

(in reply to danielthompson99)
Post #: 35
RE: its Tom, live with it - 1/6/2012 6:28:37 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclane1

please stop whining on like spoilt kids that its Tom Cruise. Oh and to whoever mentioned Daniel Craig, i hate to burst your bubble but hes short too !!

Daniel Craig is 5'10" not exactly short?

That said I have no desire to see this film due to the awful source material rather than the actor involved. Quite a few films have actually turned out more enjoyable than source material and maybe this may be one of them.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 36
RE: Jack - I can't - Reacher - 2/6/2012 6:42:23 PM   
RobotDevil

quote:

ORIGINAL: archie119

Even though Cruise in no way matches Reacher's physical description (even his hair is the wrong colour) this is still one of films I am most looking forward to this year. I love the books, love the character so I will see this movie. I think Cruise will rise (no pun intended) to the challenge, he's not a bad actor so he might pull it off? At the end of the day who really does match Reacher physically? and i dont think Daniel Craig would be any better than Cruise, worse in fact! Contrary to what others think I think this will be a hit, but maybe fans will boycott it, who knows? I think the title change is much better, I always thought that using One Shot was a bit random instead of starting at the beginning, but calling it just 'Reacher' alone might have been even better.

Funnily enough 'One Shot' was the first Lee Child book I read and I think it is one of the best. Very few of the stories couldn't be filmed out of sequence as they aren't sequels for the most part, just books with the same lead character.

Trying to reserve judgement on the Cruise casting issue until the film. The trailer has some work to do to convince fans that he can pull it off and also has to convince people who've never heard of the books that it is worth seeing.

I had Korean Barbecue for lunch - I cannot look at a Dr Moreau pigbaby.

(in reply to archie119)
Post #: 37
panic - 4/6/2012 2:08:34 PM   
waggle

Smacks a little bit of panic from the studio to me.The backlash from the Reacher Creatures( fans of the books) of which I consider myself one,I'm not happy with the casting but I'm prepared to give it a try.

Post #: 38
panic - 4/6/2012 2:31:41 PM   
waggle

Smacks a little bit of panic from the studio to me.The backlash from the Reacher Creatures( fans of the books) of which I consider myself one,I'm not happy with the casting but I'm prepared to give it a try.

Post #: 39
panic - 4/6/2012 2:50:43 PM   
waggle

Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI