Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

One Shot Is Now Jack Reacher

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> One Shot Is Now Jack Reacher Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One Shot Is Now Jack Reacher - 30/5/2012 1:08:45 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
John Carter is coming back out? - 30/5/2012 1:08:46 AM   
Hughezyvstheworld

that's exactly what most people will think.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Jack Reacher? - 30/5/2012 1:09:57 AM   
rubadub

All films should be known by the main character's name!
John Carter!
John Rambo!
Jerry Maguire!
(Who Framed)Roger Rabbit!
John Matrix!
Axel Foley!
Snake Plissken!
Chev Chelios!
Gaylord Focker!
Etc..!

Post #: 3
Brilliant! - 30/5/2012 2:04:44 AM   
dee123

Cause' John Carter worked SO well.

Post #: 4
jac kreacher? - 30/5/2012 2:19:54 AM   
darktrain

this is sooo going to bomb,and i really hope it does.Ever since they announced that midget cruise was going to play the central role of jack reacher a 6 foot plus bad-ass it was off to a bad start and now this name change to try and entice more people in doesnt bode well for it either.how lee child decided to let cruise portray this imposing character is beyond me ......its like casting peter dinklage as mad max!!!!

Post #: 5
RE: jac kreacher? - 30/5/2012 6:45:07 AM   
grucl

grucl said nothing.

(in reply to darktrain)
Post #: 6
RE: jac kreacher? - 30/5/2012 6:45:12 AM   
grucl

edit

(in reply to darktrain)
Post #: 7
Don't care about the title, but... - 30/5/2012 7:08:15 AM   
Kop's Loss

...I still can't see Tom Cruise as Reacher. I know books and films are two separate mediums, but if Tom Cruise has to do anything remotely like what Reacher does in the books, he;s going to have to headbutt people in the groin half the time and make sure his assailants are standing in a ditch the other half.

Post #: 8
I thought I was past this... - 30/5/2012 7:29:07 AM   
danielthompson99

Ok, so after reading about Lee Child's rationalisation about a midget playing Reacher, I kinda let things go. But hold on one second here.......NO ONE CALLS HIM JACK ! Even his mum called him Reacher !
EPIC FAIL #2

Post #: 9
- 30/5/2012 7:30:29 AM   
clarkkent

Yeah, because that worked soooooooooooo well for John Carter. Sorry, but Cruise is WRONG for Reacher in pretty much every way possible. Reacher is rough and ready, not to mention being built like a brick shit house. Cruise is NONE of those things.

Post #: 10
Doesn't matter what you call it, Cruise is no Reacher - 30/5/2012 8:16:28 AM   
kevmccann

No, no and three times no! Anyone who has read the novels knows that Cruise is the exact opposite of Reacher, unless the film studio is using the same perspective technology as The Lord of the Rings films! This reeks of Lee Child selling out and Cruise hoping to have a 'cash-cow' to milk. Can't wait for a different actor to take over the reigns in the next film/remake, my vote is still for Daniel Craig!

Post #: 11
I bet they're already planning the reboot for this one.. - 30/5/2012 9:32:16 AM   
the_equalizer

starring Kevin Durand as Reacher.

Post #: 12
I bet they're already planning the reboot for this one.. - 30/5/2012 9:32:35 AM   
the_equalizer

starring Kevin Durand as Reacher.

Post #: 13
Jack - I can't - Reacher - 30/5/2012 9:46:21 AM   
archie119

Even though Cruise in no way matches Reacher's physical description (even his hair is the wrong colour) this is still one of films I am most looking forward to this year. I love the books, love the character so I will see this movie. I think Cruise will rise (no pun intended) to the challenge, he's not a bad actor so he might pull it off? At the end of the day who really does match Reacher physically? and i dont think Daniel Craig would be any better than Cruise, worse in fact! Contrary to what others think I think this will be a hit, but maybe fans will boycott it, who knows? I think the title change is much better, I always thought that using One Shot was a bit random instead of starting at the beginning, but calling it just 'Reacher' alone might have been even better.

Post #: 14
Jack - I can't -Reacher - 30/5/2012 9:53:18 AM   
archie119

Incidentally there is a new movie based on Pattersons Cross novels simply titled 'Alex Cross' maybe studios think the names alone say it all?...but i do get the point about John Carter.

Post #: 15
Another reason this is going to be bad - 30/5/2012 9:59:54 AM   
oz_p

Oh dear, yet more reason to dislike this film, from the joke casting of Cruise the six foot six behemoth, sorry FIVE foot six midget, to naming it Jack Reacher instead of One Shot, just guaranteed no one will watch it except Cruise lovers as it now has a crap title... Even Lee Child wouldnt call a book by it, mind you as he's now sold he soul to Hollywood(that or he's been hypnotised by Scientology) it wouldnt surpirse me if it wasnt his dumb idea cos Cruise suggested it!!!! Wrong plane wrong....

Post #: 16
Fair play. - 30/5/2012 10:01:11 AM   
sowasred2012

The John Carter comparison isn't fair - I'd wager a significantly larger amount of people are at least aware of Jack Reacher, if not fans already, whereas John Carter seems to be a relatively small (but nonetheless influential) cult icon.

That said, bring this film on! As long as Cruise makes sure to at least scruff up a bit, I don't think his size will matter a whole lot, I'm sure he can headbutt and skull-punch people as well as anyone.

Post #: 17
Dogs dangleys - 30/5/2012 10:02:06 AM   
Sub Rosa

To be honest - I really don't care about the title. Jack Reacher is going to work better than One Shot. For all the whiners saying Cruise is wrong for Jack Reacher ... can you please shut up until the movie is out... its just boring. And err... are you forgetting Collateral and Cruise's top performance as the gun-toting, sadistic Vincent. HELLO???

Post #: 18
Another reason this is going to be bad - 30/5/2012 10:08:17 AM   
oz_p

Oh dear, yet more reason to dislike this film, from the joke casting of Cruise the six foot six behemoth, sorry FIVE foot six midget, to naming it Jack Reacher instead of One Shot, just guaranteed no one will watch it except Cruise lovers as it now has a crap title... Even Lee Child wouldnt call a book by it, mind you as he's now sold he soul to Hollywood(that or he's been hypnotised by Scientology) it wouldnt surpirse me if it wasnt his dumb idea cos Cruise suggested it!!!! Wrong plane wrong....

Post #: 19
Bomb - 30/5/2012 10:52:59 AM   
betsy101

I think this movie will now COMPLETELY bomb. Fans for Reacher already don't like the fact Tom Cruise is playing the part even though physically he looks nothing like Reacher, now to change the name...oh boy....

Post #: 20
- 30/5/2012 10:54:49 AM   
betsy101

PS does Tom Cruise like being hated or something?? The title John Carter didn't work out so well.....

Post #: 21
Completely understandable change and a smart one, too! - 30/5/2012 11:44:36 AM   
Nicky C

'One Shot' could be any thriller starring any character to those who are unfamiliar. Cruise's name will be above the title of the movie so it will read 'Tom Cruise ... Jack Reacher". Tom Cruise gets people's attention and THEN they want to know who Jack Reacher is. It also tells the audience that this will be a franchise by highlighting the actor's commitment to the character. John Carter is not in the same league because Taylor Kitsch is not Tom Cruise.

Post #: 22
RE: Completely understandable change and a smart one, too! - 30/5/2012 12:20:35 PM   
sowasred2012

Yeah! What @Nicky C said!

Also, one for the Empire staff (or the PR company working on the movie, or whoever), whose leg do we have to hump to get a look at a publicity shot of Cruise as Reacher? I'd like to think a good photo would silence a lot of detractors. Then again, this is the age of the over-reactive internet and there'll be cyber-riots when said shots *do* surface if Cruise has one too few scars on his face or his haircut doesn't look quite right. As you were!

Poor people are crazy, Jack. I'm eccentric.

http://www.srmason.co.uk/blog/
http://www.twitter.com/sowasred2012

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 23
Pfft! - 30/5/2012 12:38:38 PM   
sexy_davey

Reacher-round...

Anybody?

Post #: 24
Pfft! - 30/5/2012 12:40:52 PM   
sexy_davey

Reacher-round...

Anybody...?

Post #: 25
Will the real Reacher please stand up? - 30/5/2012 1:11:47 PM   
TheManFromLaramee

Ever since I read my first Reacher (Die Trying) absolutely ages ago, I've been dying to see the big man on the silver screen. Sadly, I'll be giving this one a miss, since whatever his charisma, the scientological one could never be described as 'Big'! For my money, Daniel Craig sounds like a reasonable choice (although with a fairly big action franchise under his belt, I coudn't see him going for another one). I've always pictured Reacher as more of a Dwayne Johnson or Vin Diesel type - big enough to fight off most comers, gruff, tough yet still enough of a charmer to get the ladies going weak at the knees....

Post #: 26
The height issue is booooring - 30/5/2012 1:13:46 PM   
spideed2

If Werner Herzog (whos the bad guy) is happy with it (paraphrase "he will be credible, he shouldnt be judged how tall he is") im happy. Herzogs certainly a better judge of something than half the moaning fan-boys out there (no ffence). If its really an issue for you, dont watch it. Simple.

Post #: 27
Will the real Reacher please stand up? - 30/5/2012 1:19:08 PM   
TheManFromLaramee

Ever since I read my first Reacher (Die Trying) absolutely ages ago, I've been dying to see the big man on the silver screen. Sadly, I'll be giving this one a miss, since whatever his charisma, the scientological one could never be described as 'Big'! For my money, Daniel Craig sounds like a reasonable choice (although with a fairly big action franchise under his belt, I coudn't see him going for another one). I've always pictured Reacher as more of a Dwayne Johnson or Vin Diesel type - big enough to fight off most comers, gruff, tough yet still enough of a charmer to get the ladies going weak at the knees....

Post #: 28
Will the real Reacher please stand up? - 30/5/2012 1:22:21 PM   
TheManFromLaramee

Post #: 29
RE: One Shot Is Now Jack Reacher - 30/5/2012 2:49:25 PM   
MonsterCat

I have to see this just for Werner Herzog.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> One Shot Is Now Jack Reacher Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI