Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

More Like Trees

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> More Like Trees Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More Like Trees - 29/5/2012 9:17:33 PM   
maffew

More Like Trees are an an acoustic drum and bass/hip hop band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ke3zTNwfY

< Message edited by maffew -- 26/5/2013 1:31:49 AM >

"Now i don't know much about security lighting, but i'm guessing they'll be using 180-degree dispersing halogens with motion sensors"
Post #: 1
RE: My band got signed! - 29/5/2012 9:19:52 PM   
Lucky Day

Muchas Congratulations

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 2
RE: My band got signed! - 29/5/2012 9:23:31 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Amazing stuff wish you the best - DO NOT ALLOW YOUR STUFF ON SPOTIFY, which one is you?

< Message edited by Fluke Skywalker -- 29/5/2012 9:24:38 PM >

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 3
RE: My band got signed! - 29/5/2012 9:25:15 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

cool.Good luck

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 4
RE: My band got signed! - 29/5/2012 9:27:56 PM   
maffew

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

Amazing stuff wish you the best - DO NOT ALLOW YOUR STUFF ON SPOTIFY, which one is you?

i'm the cajon player (box drum ) why no spotify? we actually got a really good deal - worldwide release, 3 album deal! So if you're in an hmv in tokyo you'll be able to grab a copy of the album..

"Now i don't know much about security lighting, but i'm guessing they'll be using 180-degree dispersing halogens with motion sensors"

Post #: 5
RE: My band got signed! - 29/5/2012 10:12:20 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Lady Gaga's poker face got a million plays on it and she received a cheque for $167. It's a terrible platform for artists, a legal form of piracy and some artists like Coldplay have started pulling their material from it. At least with radio plays you get some cash, Spotify is a just massive rip off.

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 6
RE: My band got signed! - 29/5/2012 10:19:18 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Lady Gaga's poker face got a million plays on it and she received a cheque for $167. It's a terrible platform for artists, a legal form of piracy and some artists like Coldplay have started pulling their material from it. At least with radio plays you get some cash, Spotify is a just massive rip off.

yep,far more than what she deserved

Post #: 7
RE: My band got signed! - 29/5/2012 10:54:06 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: maffew

Not sure how this'll go down, but I thought I'd share.. We got signed to BBE records! We're called More Like Trees and we're an acoustic drum and bass/hip hop band..Unfortunately I can't share any tracks off the album just yet as we're bound by a contract not to share.. but I'll give you a little live video.. share your thoughts and whatever..

Congrats, dude. Awesome news

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 8
RE: My band got signed! - 29/5/2012 11:10:11 PM   
Larry of Arabia

quote:

The $167 is the royalties due to the Swedish co-writer of Poker Face for plays in Sweden back in 2008. Even if the biggest pop star in the world and the major label she's signed to were presented with a deal by Spotify which said you get $167 for a million plays and they were silly enough to agree to it, that would be the label's mistake not Spotify's.

Good luck maffew, hope it works out well.

< Message edited by Larry of Arabia -- 29/5/2012 11:11:02 PM >

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

Post #: 9
RE: My band got signed! - 30/5/2012 12:47:15 PM   
Arron_

Excellent stuff, well done!

My old bands stuff is on Spotify and I have no idea how it got on there. It's on iTunes as well. Again, I have no idea how. I haven't seen a penny of any of it. That might be because no-one has listened/bought it, though.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 10
RE: My band got signed! - 30/5/2012 2:29:27 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

quote:

The $167 is the royalties due to the Swedish co-writer of Poker Face for plays in Sweden back in 2008. Even if the biggest pop star in the world and the major label she's signed to were presented with a deal by Spotify which said you get $167 for a million plays and they were silly enough to agree to it, that would be the label's mistake not Spotify's.

I seriously doubt they realised you'd get that little for so many plays. That said it's become apparent that Spotify is completely useless as a revenue stream for artists, it's probably losing them money as no doubt certain listeners are not buying their songs because of it.

Spotify know what they are doing, getting rich on the backs of musicians while giving precisely nothing back - a terrible format for anyone who wants to make money from music. The quicker songwriters and bands wake up to it the better.

Post #: 11
RE: My band got signed! - 30/5/2012 2:33:57 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

quote:

I seriously doubt they realised you'd get that little for so many plays. That said it's become apparent that Spotify is completely useless as a revenue stream for artists, it's probably losing them money as no doubt certain listeners are not buying their songs because of it.

Spotify know what they are doing, getting rich on the backs of musicians while giving precisely nothing back - a terrible format for anyone who wants to make money from music. The quicker songwriters and bands wake up to it the better.

Its true that Spotify gives artists fuck all royalties but on the other hand it is a good platform to get your music out there due to the sheer volume of users.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 12
RE: My band got signed! - 30/5/2012 2:51:04 PM   
jonson

Congratulations maffew, great news and good luck.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 13
RE: My band got signed! - 30/5/2012 3:11:35 PM   
Larry of Arabia

quote:

I seriously doubt they realised you'd get that little for so many plays.

Disregarding that we've already established the 'Gaga only got $167' figure is bollocks - is that because we're living in a parallel universe where American majors have a very laissez-faire attitude towards money and would not at all step over their own grandmother to get paid? They'll go to war on music pirates but just trust Spotify so much that they'll take a shit deal without checking the small print and let Gaga stay on Spotify still, four years later, on said shit deal? Okay.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

Post #: 14
RE: My band got signed! - 30/5/2012 9:32:50 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

The labels actually get paid by Spotify which is why they love it - it's a good revenue stream even though it totally shafts their own artists. But that's record labels for you - they've never given a shit about the talent and it seems neither do the likes of Spotify.

I'd agree it's probably a good way to get yourself known but I'd be looking to have serious control over how many tracks are available. Whether your label will allow that is another matter.

Post #: 15
RE: My band got signed! - 30/5/2012 10:04:54 PM   
sanchia

Congratulations and good luck out there.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 16
RE: My band got signed! - 30/5/2012 11:43:17 PM   
maffew

check out Reeps One - he's an insanely talented beatboxer who features on a few tracks on the album :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v2jkElIWTs

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 17
RE: My band got signed! - 31/5/2012 2:38:23 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: maffew

Not sure how this'll go down, but I thought I'd share.. We got signed to BBE records! We're called More Like Trees and we're an acoustic drum and bass/hip hop band..Unfortunately I can't share any tracks off the album just yet as we're bound by a contract not to share.. but I'll give you a little live video.. share your thoughts and whatever..

Congratulations, had a listen to that vid and enjoyed it. 2 things: WTF is the singer wearing, and is the blonde fiddler single?

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 18
RE: My band got signed! - 31/5/2012 2:52:47 PM   
maffew

he's wearing a onesie (it was a festival!) and as far as i know, Charmiane is currently single..I think..

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 19
RE: Help me win! - 20/8/2012 6:51:26 PM   
maffew

I've entered a competition - it's a cajon competition, a cajompetition if you will... I win 3000 euros and a little cajon statue.. If you think my playings good, go to this facebook page http://www.facebook.com/cajompetition and follow the instructions.. I'm in 25th at the moment and I need all the help I can get!!

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 20
RE: Help me win! - 20/8/2012 8:00:34 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Hope I voted for the right one!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 21
RE: Help me win! - 21/8/2012 8:23:27 AM   
maffew

did you vote for Matthew from London?

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 22
RE: Help me win! - 21/8/2012 8:35:31 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Yes

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 23
RE: Help me win! - 21/8/2012 5:03:33 PM   
maffew

yeeeah! thanks! have a song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKdFcet-ylI

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 24
RE: Help me win! - 21/8/2012 9:31:07 PM   
Skiba

Have you ever played Dion Dublin's Dube? This is not a euphemism by the way! Was just wondering what a musician thought of it as he seems to think it's brilliant.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 25
RE: My band got signed! - 21/8/2012 10:45:58 PM   
maffew

i have no idea what that is....

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 26
RE: My band got signed! - 22/8/2012 11:31:52 AM   
Skiba

Are you aware of the former footballer Dion Dublin? Well, he apparently invented something called a Dube. He did a load of promos for it a while ago on TV with him playing it, and footage of some semi-famous musicians with it too. I only ask as it doesn't look a million miles away from what you play. Sorry I can't post a link from here but if you google Dion Dublin Dube you'll see it.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 27
RE: My band got signed! - 30/10/2012 4:03:31 PM   
maffew

I'm allowed to play you music finally!! One tune off our album is available here: http://22tracks.com/#ldn/songwriters/19408 it's called Cake and its track 2 on this playlist.. hope you like it!

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 28
RE: My band got signed! - 1/11/2012 8:48:51 AM   
maffew

and we got bbc 6 music play last night on steve lamaqs show! our single The Night is played at 1:14:30 :)) boom! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nmskk

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 29
First official music video! - 7/11/2012 11:42:52 AM   
maffew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-NcgQk920s&feature=youtu.be

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> More Like Trees Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI