Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Access 97 / Excel Football Fixture List

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Access 97 / Excel Football Fixture List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Access 97 / Excel Football Fixture List - 29/5/2012 12:01:42 PM   
Y2Neildotcom

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a random fixture list for football fixtures. I've found a few on the internet but they're not what I'm after and I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on how I go about doing this.

The ones I've found create fixtures on what seems to be alphabetical basis, and I've found this leads to all the home games being played first in alphabetical order followed by all the away games. I'd like something much more random.

Ideally I would want to generate these fixutes inside Access 97 but if I can figure it out in Excel, that too will work at the moment.

Just really need some logic behind it. Pick random number from 1-20 as home team, pick random number from 1-20 as away team where away team cannot equal home team. Repeat until all fixtures complete and do not replicate one another.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

| www.y2neil.com |

"You kill or you die. Or you die then you kill".

"Your B.F's about to get F'd in the B!"
Post #: 1
RE: Access 97 / Excel Football Fixture List - 29/5/2012 12:10:13 PM   
elab49

You could add a column of random numbers in excel using the random number function and then use the sort function on that column rather than the fixture column. But would you need to make sure that teams weren't playing each other concurrently? That'd be a bit more of a macro or playing about with IF and Conditional functions I think.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Y2Neildotcom)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Access 97 / Excel Football Fixture List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI