Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Blade Runner Sequel May Feature Ford

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Blade Runner Sequel May Feature Ford Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blade Runner Sequel May Feature Ford - 28/5/2012 12:32:52 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 28/5/2012 12:32:52 PM   
apocalypso

KILL IT WITH FIRE

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 28/5/2012 12:32:59 PM   
apocalypso

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Post #: 3
- 28/5/2012 12:33:15 PM   
apocalypso

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Post #: 4
Get The Old Team Together - 28/5/2012 1:50:07 PM   
BenTramer

Harrison Ford has been doing some crap films lately. Even the last Indiana Jones was awful. He needs to do a quality film like the Blade Runner sequel as a star not as "a laugh." It's 30 years later and a final chance to make amends for everything that went wrong the first time out. Go on Harrison, do the sequel. What else will you be doing, for God's sake?

Post #: 5
Wow can't wait!!! - 28/5/2012 4:02:54 PM   
Draden

I had mixed feelings about this but now seeing so many of the original team are involved with Ridley Scott directing and Hampton Fancher on writing duties I am getting really excited. Blade Runner is still my favourite film of all time and doubt it can be topped but there is still plenty of room for a new film set in that universe. Hopefully Harrison Ford is involved even if only for a smaller role to tie the films together.

Post #: 6
Wow can't wait!!! - 28/5/2012 4:03:04 PM   
Draden

< Message edited by Draden -- 28/5/2012 4:04:42 PM >

Post #: 7
New Blood - 28/5/2012 8:53:20 PM   
Martypants

Ridley should snap up Mr Ryan Gosling for the lead...

Post #: 8
I Wanna See Things You People Wouldn't Believe... - 1/6/2012 12:02:01 AM   
chris kilby

A Blade Runner sequel isn't necessarily a bad thing - you fanboys and your knee-jerk overreactions and premature indignation!

Like Alien before it, Blade Runner's epic vision was inevitably compromised by budgetary and technological limitations at the time. A lot of concepts got dropped at the development stage - Deckard's arrival in LA by train; Batty and co's escape from an off-world colony, etc.

So it would be nice to see an expanded Blade Runner universe, especially if done well and it explored more Philip K Dick themes and ideas - ideally free of studio interference this time! Which is why it's reassuring to hear of Hampton Fancher's involvement at this stage.

Sure, it might suck - belated sequels usually do and 30+ years has gotta be some kind of a record. Then again, it might not. And even if it does, it won't affect or tarnish the original's quality one bit. I dunno what the fanboys and knee-jerks are complaining about - I never do. Whatever the outcome, they can't lose.

Call me old-fashioned or hopelessly naive, but I prefer to see something before deciding if it's any good or not. Plus, there's many a slip 'twixt cup and lip and this is a movie which hasn't even been written yet!

Plus, last I heard, Sir Ridders has The Forever War and a Cormac McCarthy on his already packed slate. Blade Runner 2? I'll believe it when I see it.

And I wanna see things you people wouldn't believe - attack ships on fire off the Shoulder of Orion; C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate; tears in rain not online...

Post #: 9
RE: I Wanna See Things You People Wouldn't Believe... - 5/6/2012 2:39:17 PM   
vicandbob

Total film reporting ridley scott has described some scenes from the new blade runner movie...

Scott was asked by Collider what kind of visuals he’ll be employing on the Blade Runner sequel, and rather than attempting to explain any general design aesthetic, the director jumped in and outlined a specific scene.

“There’ll be a vast farmland where there are no hedges or anything in sight,” says Scott, “and it’s flat like the plains of - where’s the Great Plains in America? Kansas, where you can see for miles.  And it’s dirt, but it’s being raked.  On the horizon is a combine harvester which is futuristic with klieg lights, because it’s dawn.”

“The harvester is as big as six houses,” he continues. “In the foreground is a small white clapboard hut with a porch as if it was from Grapes Of Wrath. From the right comes a car, coming in about six feet off the ground being chased by a dog. And that’s the end of it, I’m not gonna tell you anything else.”

Hmmmm.. This sound like a sceen mentioned in the DVD making of and was meant to be filmed for original blade runner. Farmer out in the field harvesting his crops, end of the day comes home and finds Table set, soup bubbling away, only to come face to face with a blade runner (Deckard?) they chat and then the blade runner shoots farmer, then pulls his bottom jaw out to retrieve a chip. Revealing the farmer to be a replicant. The blade runner then leaves is a hiden spinner. Now if this is going to be in the new film, and Harrison ford is also going to be in new film.. Could this be his death scene? Many years have passed deckard has hidden away as a farmer only to be tracked down by a blade runner.. It would prove once and for all that deckard was a replicant.. And stop any nonsense of a men in black 2 kind of sequel.. New up and coming blade runner has to get deckard out of retirement for one last job.. Please God No!!

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 10
RE: I Wanna See Things You People Wouldn't Believe... - 5/6/2012 3:57:41 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: vicandbob

Total film reporting ridley scott has described some scenes from the new blade runner movie...

Scott was asked by Collider what kind of visuals he’ll be employing on the Blade Runner sequel, and rather than attempting to explain any general design aesthetic, the director jumped in and outlined a specific scene.

“There’ll be a vast farmland where there are no hedges or anything in sight,” says Scott, “and it’s flat like the plains of - where’s the Great Plains in America? Kansas, where you can see for miles.  And it’s dirt, but it’s being raked.  On the horizon is a combine harvester which is futuristic with klieg lights, because it’s dawn.”

“The harvester is as big as six houses,” he continues. “In the foreground is a small white clapboard hut with a porch as if it was from Grapes Of Wrath. From the right comes a car, coming in about six feet off the ground being chased by a dog. And that’s the end of it, I’m not gonna tell you anything else.”

Hmmmm.. This sound like a sceen mentioned in the DVD making of and was meant to be filmed for original blade runner. Farmer out in the field harvesting his crops, end of the day comes home and finds Table set, soup bubbling away, only to come face to face with a blade runner (Deckard?) they chat and then the blade runner shoots farmer, then pulls his bottom jaw out to retrieve a chip. Revealing the farmer to be a replicant. The blade runner then leaves is a hiden spinner. Now if this is going to be in the new film, and Harrison ford is also going to be in new film.. Could this be his death scene? Many years have passed deckard has hidden away as a farmer only to be tracked down by a blade runner.. It would prove once and for all that deckard was a replicant.. And stop any nonsense of a men in black 2 kind of sequel.. New up and coming blade runner has to get deckard out of retirement for one last job.. Please God No!!

Yep,read a plot line like this in his first BR draft.

Reading this just makes you visualize, in your mind ,of this world already,and you can already see Ridley making and capturing it beautifully.
He just needs to bring in a real solid writer.A writer that can ground characters and story developments well,not someone who throws to many ideas at the screen and leaves a nice track of plot holes 'cough'.

edit: Just read Fancher is on board.Good start.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 5/6/2012 5:24:09 PM >

(in reply to vicandbob)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Blade Runner Sequel May Feature Ford Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI