Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> WARRIOR 2011 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WARRIOR 2011 - 24/5/2012 11:57:05 PM   
walkwater

WARRIOR 2011 -EDGERTON ,TOM HARDY ,NICK NOLTE .WRITER DIRECTOR-O'CONNOR-9/10
By: Usman Latif Khawaja
That a movie about Martial arts can be so emotionally riveting as a modern day masculine drama is almost miraculous, but it is unquestionably the best realist drama of the year so far and an utter surprise with its captivating camera work, cautiously constructed characters which are equally convoluted and complex and still so candidly captured by a well crafted script.

The movie revolves around a masculine trio and a flawed family, an Irish American alcoholic father a guilt ridden and apologetic Nick Nolte in great form, and his two sons, a stunning Tom Hardy seething with a seminal rage reminiscing terrors witnessed in Iraq war and disillusioned by his family, he embodies a man on the verge of a metaphorical volcano about to erupt and explode all to smithereens, but is balanced by a married, older brother[Edgerton ], calm subtle and cautiously caring, who comprehends the pain of his sibling, and yet he too is compromised by his rather precarious family and fiscal circumstances.

They all must try to come to terms with their misery, angst and suffering, yet the movie goes beyond that component to inject a spirited and lofty sentiment which is about redemption and familial bonding and that truly enhances the affect of the American parable about blood ties, family feuds and past traumas they have endured and survived.

The action is excessive, harsh and violent; no holds barred as the martial arts champions almost pummel each other like bruised and broken rag dolls.

There are no shortcuts though and the director and script scrupulously design a contemporary action drama, sensitive, sophisticated and intelligent.

The core of the story though is the way the relationships are established, explored, examined and then executed to a great climax rendered in a powerful manner and a denouement which is a true revelation and it is astonishing as the two young leads were almost unknown to me but they leave a memorably undisputed impression on my psyche and senses and that is a true triumph and a 'knock-outí.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> WARRIOR 2011 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI