Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Raid

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Raid Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Raid - 29/1/2013 1:58:13 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I watched the Blu Ray last night and is it just me, or is the picture quite bad? I can't be sure as I recently got a new plasma TV and I'm getting used to it.

There's quite a few scenes where it does look a tad wonky, but I put that down to compression more than anything else.

I tried some films to contrast and compare and they looked just fine.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 61
RE: The Raid - 29/1/2013 2:53:05 PM   
Cool Breeze

I watched it on dvd recently and it looked fine.Another case where the dvd is a better watch than the blu ray.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 62
RE: The Raid - 29/1/2013 3:19:10 PM   
paulyboy

The Blu-Ray is representative of the source, it's a very low budget, intentionally grimey looking film shot digitally in low light, it was never going to pop off the screen. That said, I'd still expect it to outshine the DVD in overall detail, colour reproduction and black levels. If anyone thinks the DVD looks "better" though, be my guest.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 63
RE: The Raid - 29/1/2013 4:25:19 PM   
Whistler

On a different note, if you're interested in following it, Mr. Evans is currently tweeting daily updates of the Berandal shoot.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 64
RE: The Raid - 11/8/2014 7:00:45 PM   
Scott_

So...The Raid 2 is a bit fucking awesome isn't it? Bloody (quite literally) epic film making!

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 65
RE: The Raid - 12/8/2014 8:35:14 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

It is good yes although it's too long IMO. I've seen it twice now and i enjoyed i more 2nd time around but i genuinely feel it should be shorter.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 66
RE: The Raid - 13/8/2014 5:58:23 PM   
prontron07

quote:

Subscribe Printable Version

The fight scene with iko and Mad dog was so badass and the film in gereral is amazing.
check out my review for the Raid on my blog

http://booksdragonsanddietcoke.com/2014/08/13/man-movie-alert-the-raidredemption/

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 67
RE: The Raid - 13/8/2014 8:51:17 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

It is good yes although it's too long IMO. I've seen it twice now and i enjoyed i more 2nd time around but i genuinely feel it should be shorter.

Hard not to agree with this to at least some extent, it could do with 15 minutes or so trimming from the mid-section, just to up the pace a bit.

Mind you, when that last 45 minutes kick-in with that series of assassinations, holy shiiiiiiiit!

One of my favourite cinema experiences this year actually, had to travel quite a way at some ungodly hour to catch a screening, but there was maybe 20 or so guys including me and a friend in the cinema, all clearly lapping it up, with people laughing out loud at the absurdly violent action sequences, the epic final scrap in the kitchen even got a round of applause.

Great film.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 68
RE: The Raid - 17/8/2014 11:11:25 AM   
romet6

I really loved this movie and I don't have any big complaints with it ...badass indeed.

I like it more than the sequel.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Raid Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI