Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 31/5/2012 4:11:08 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I'm not really a Star Wars fan, but 3 things are correct here.
It's better than The Phantom Menace
It's better than Return of the Jedi
And it was great fun.
It's certainly no 5 star film but I'd give it 4 for sheer entertainment. IMO.

Every single point here is wrong, on a level so great that I might have to go out and punch a swan.

So, swan-puncher you thought The Phantom Menace was better? You didn't think AOTC was great fun?
I won't comment on the ROTJ, some people like it, I think it's fucking rubbish and would much rather sit through any of the new versions.

I did think TPM was better (though it's like comparing gonorrhea to Aids). AOTC is awful in almost every way - the clunking dialogue, dreadful acting, horribly forced and unconvincing love story, a revoltingly unpleasant main protagonist, nonsensical plot, oddly poor CGI, and C3PO being an annoying cock.

I realise most of these apply to TPM too, but at least that has a mildly exciting fight at the end. The fight at the end of AOTC consists of Anakin and Saruman waving their wands about in the dark before Yoda goes chop-socky

Edit: I didn't punch a swan though. They're pretty big and kind of intimidating when you get confronted by one.

< Message edited by superdan -- 31/5/2012 4:24:19 PM >

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 31
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 31/5/2012 4:45:27 PM   
Olaf

Return of the Jedi is better with pan pipes at the end. True fact.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 32
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 31/5/2012 5:01:25 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Return of the Jedi is better with pan pipes at the end. True fact.

You are worse than Hitler.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 33
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 31/5/2012 7:53:09 PM   
Rgirvan44

Actully I agree about the pan pipes thing. Some days.

And Menace is a better film - Clones is just flat out awful. Menace has small moments that let you remember it is Star Wars.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 34
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 31/5/2012 8:08:15 PM   
directorscut

And it was shot on film and doesn't look like a video game (well, it did until they DNR'ed the crap out of it for the Blu-ray).

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 35
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 31/5/2012 10:19:11 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Actully I agree about the pan pipes thing. Some days.

And Menace is a better film - Clones is just flat out awful. Menace has small moments that let you remember it is Star Wars.

The speeder chase across Coruscant.

Obi Wan vs Jango Fett.

The asteroid chase.

Jedis vs Battle droids in the arena, heck the whole last 40 mins of the movie is pure Star Wars.Still, different strokes for different folks.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 36
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 31/5/2012 10:45:10 PM   
Rgirvan44

Not going down this path again - this was suppose to be a joke thread!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 37
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 27/7/2012 6:37:19 AM   
andrewmicky

Ten years yesterday, Attack of the Clones was released. Let us celebrate the best thing to have come out from it. Here is to another ten years of the review being constantly brought up, in what is now known as Hewitt's Law!

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 38
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 25/9/2012 3:14:34 PM   
Chris Hewitt

BURN IT!

Silly Empire man who asks BORING questions!

(in reply to andrewmicky)
Post #: 39
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 25/9/2012 6:39:28 PM   
JediBobster

And now, for a musical interlude to this thread, one of Chris Hewitt's favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2W_IvFceQ&feature=related

JEDI BOBSTER

(in reply to Chris Hewitt)
Post #: 40
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 9/5/2013 2:41:08 PM   
Dannybohy

5 out of 5!! really......

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to JediBobster)
Post #: 41
RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review - 29/6/2013 10:49:26 PM   
yankee

quote:

It's better than Return of the Jedi

What? No, none of the new trilogy can be compared to the old ones...

_________
Free hosting

< Message edited by yankee -- 17/9/2013 11:09:32 AM >

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI