Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bands you really want to see reform.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Bands you really want to see reform. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/5/2012 12:44:07 AM   
SadFace

Talking Heads and LCD Soundsystem. If they got back together, I would be all over that like a fat kid on cake.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 31
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/5/2012 9:47:28 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

Talking Heads, because seeing David Byrne playing their songs live without them just isn't quite the same. And I think they could make another great album, he's a creative man who has learned a lot since the break up and still makes interesting music, but the others could reign in some of his more unusual choices shall we say.

Ya see, I'm not too sure just how successful the others would be in stopping Byrne from going off on his musical flights of fancy.  I always got the impression that it was Byrne's vision that dictated the direction each album took, from the funk of Remain in Light to the township sounds on Naked.  He always had his collaborations with Eno when he wanted to do something a bit more experimental (which I loved), but now that he's had free rein to do what he likes for a decade or so, he's probably got used to it!  For the record, I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 32
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/5/2012 10:37:04 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: SadFace

Talking Heads and LCD Soundsystem. If they got back together, I would be all over that like a fat kid on cake.

Say no to cake. Cake is a made up drug...

I know they play the (very) occasional show together, but I would literally kill to see a proper Hum reunion.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 33
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/5/2012 10:42:06 AM   
borstal

I'd saw one of my legs off with a soft bristle toothbrush to see Talking Heads live.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 34
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/5/2012 10:55:21 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

quote:

I know they play the (very) occasional show together, but I would literally kill to see a proper Hum reunion.

I think it'd take the shine off the gig a bit, knowing you'd ended someone's life and were probably gonna spend the rest of yours in jail.
Having said that, you didn't actually specify who or what you were literally going to kill; it could be an ant or something, in which case neither a massive sense of guilt nor the threat of incarceration would apply though why the band getting back together and your participation in one of their gigs would be dependent on you murdering an insect is beyond me.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 21/5/2012 10:56:29 AM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 35
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/5/2012 10:55:51 AM   
Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

I'd saw one of my legs off with a soft bristle toothbrush to see Talking Heads live.

You would get to sit in the disabled seating right down the front too, on account of just having the one leg.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 36
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/5/2012 11:21:33 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

I think it'd take the shine off the gig a bit, knowing you'd ended someone's life and were probably gonna spend the rest of yours in jail.
Having said that, you didn't actually specify who or what you were literally going to kill; it could be an ant or something, in which case neither a massive sense of guilt nor the threat of incarceration would apply though why the band getting back together and your participation in one of their gigs would be dependent on you murdering an insect is beyond me.

You have underestimated the levels of my selfishness in this matter

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 37
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/5/2012 4:20:33 PM   
SadFace

quote:

quote:

That is an insult to the millions of lives affected by the harsh reality that is cake.

The cake is a lie.

Although he's not quit music as such, I would punch myself in the spleen if it meant David Bowie did another tour.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 38
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/5/2012 5:31:54 PM   
moontheloon

I hear rumours that illness is the reason he's not making music or touring any more. I hope they're just rumours though. I too would punch you in the spleen if it meant Bowie Toured again, that would be number 1 for me.

< Message edited by moontheloon -- 21/5/2012 5:32:26 PM >

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 39
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 22/5/2012 7:59:43 AM   
jonson

There's certainly a lot of self mutilation and murder going on in here.
Sure, I'd love to see The Screaming Trees reform but whether I'd hack off my own testicles or burst a ballooon next to a queue of pensioners I don't know.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 40
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 22/5/2012 10:47:37 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Sure, I'd love to see The Screaming Trees reform but whether I'd hack off my own testicles or burst a ballooon next to a queue of pensioners I don't know.

I think it has now been agreed that punching SadFace in the spleen is acceptable currency for these matters...

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 41
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 22/5/2012 11:06:53 AM   
Lucky Day

Does punching Sad Face in the spleen guarantee a GNR reunion or just slightly improve the chances of it happening sometime in the future?

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 42
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 22/5/2012 1:52:56 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Just make do with Mark Lanegan's brilliant Blues Funeral instead - my album of the year so far.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 43
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 23/5/2012 10:45:04 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

Does punching Sad Face in the spleen guarantee a GNR reunion or just slightly improve the chances of it happening sometime in the future?

The Mayans prophecised that the Appetite line up Gn'R will play the first show of their reunion tour on 21st December 2012. They also claim that Axl will take to the stage at the allotted time.

They were not clear on the spleen punching bit however....

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 44
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 23/5/2012 12:55:24 PM   
Invader_Ace

Dio.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 45
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 23/5/2012 6:40:55 PM   
Swoz_MK

Catharsis

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 46
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 24/5/2012 1:19:13 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

Dio.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 47
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 10/6/2012 1:19:43 PM   
steffols

The Beatles.

But not now. In the early nineties when enough time had passed for the bad odour to turn into nostalgia. I know the remaining three got together for the Anthology but I would have loved some live shows. They would have to get haircuts though. Paul and George were going through some major hair crisis in the nineties.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 48
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 10/6/2012 2:13:22 PM   
paul.mccluskey

R.E.M. - I wanted a tour in support of Collapse into Now damnit! Now it looks as though their last-ever Scottish gig was their headline slot at T in the Park in 2008. Would be great to bring along Bill Berry if they did end up getting back together for a few shows.

Led Zeppelin - The O2 Arena gig was incredible (watched a bootleg), but the problem is Zeppelin is too big to tour. They would have to play multiple nights in one venue to cater to the fanbase of the country they are playing in.

Pink Floyd - I had an idea about this. Dave, Roger and Nick could do a few shows as "Gilmour, Waters and Mason of Pink Floyd" if they didn't want to tour under the band name out of respect for Richard Wright. A residency at Earls Court, and a setlist consisting on early Floyd tracks and solo material, with the second half dedicated to The Dark Side of the Moon in full, and ending with Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb and Run Like Hell would be perfect.

Talking Heads - Oh God yes, it would be phenomenal, but Tina Weymouth has extended the hand of friendship to David Byrne and he didn't accept according to an interview, so I doubt it will happen. Plus, going by their history, he seemed to be a bit of a control freak.

The Replacements - Tommy Stinson is wasting his time in Axl Rose & The Sunshine Band. Enough said.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 49
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 11/6/2012 11:45:33 AM   
st3veebee

Talking Heads.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 50
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/6/2012 1:02:29 AM   
Lazarus munkey

Talk Talk.
Known for their pop songs but the last three albums (The Colour of Spring, Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock) are breathtaking. The last two are, sadly, virtually impossible to play live.

16 Horsepower
The Mamas & The Papas
Lush
The The

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 51
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/6/2012 8:40:37 PM   
James74

A more recently split band but someone I can't stop listening to at the moment :- Arab Strap.
I didnt listen to them at all when they were together but now realising how amazing they were and on purely selfish grounds would like the two get back together again and see them play "First Big Weekend" that would be special.

(in reply to Lazarus munkey)
Post #: 52
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 21/6/2012 8:57:17 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazarus munkey

Talk Talk.
Known for their pop songs but the last three albums (The Colour of Spring, Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock) are breathtaking. The last two are, sadly, virtually impossible to play live.

16 Horsepower
The Mamas & The Papas
Lush
The The

Saw these two back in the day and they were both brilliant, especially The The who had Johnny Marr playing with them.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Lazarus munkey)
Post #: 53
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 22/6/2012 1:24:28 PM   
great_badir

Having seen Pink Floyd in Italy on their Division Bell tour in '94, I can say that they were very workmanlike and going through the motions (it is also, along with the 2001 Roxy Music reunion, one of the most disappointing gigs I've ever experienced) - they haven't been REALLY good since the Animals tour (saying Animals cos it's one of my favourite PF albums and tours, and I absolutely loathe The Wall) - so for me, whilst I love Floyd, a reunion doesn't interest me in the least. Unless they decided to rope in Ron Geesin and decided to play the Atom Heart Mother suite, in full with full choir and orchestra.

I've also seen Waters a couple of times solo - again, you may as well stay at home and listen to the albums. That plus most of his solo stuff is excruciating.

If we leave aside associated problems with ageing etc, I would like to see the classic Genesis (Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Steve Hackett, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford) line-up do a PROPER reunion, and also the late '72 to late '74 King Crimson (Robert Fripp, John Wetton, Bill Bruford and David Cross) get back together. But neither one of those will ever happen.

A more recent break-up that I would have liked to have seen repaired was that of The Magic Band, but I see they're already prepping for a comeback some six years after disbanding

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 54
RE: Bands you really want to see reform. - 22/6/2012 1:45:18 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: James74

A more recently split band but someone I can't stop listening to at the moment :- Arab Strap.
I didnt listen to them at all when they were together but now realising how amazing they were and on purely selfish grounds would like the two get back together again and see them play "First Big Weekend" that would be special.

Would love to see them live again. Was gutted when they split up, especially as they were one of the few bands who seemed to get better with age - their final two albums Monday At The Hug And Pint and The Last Romance were their crowning achievements. I reckon it'l happen some day as they're both still mates and they've even collaborated on their various solo ventures. Altogether now: Burn these sheets that we just fucked in...

(in reply to James74)
Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Bands you really want to see reform. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI