Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/3/2013 9:25:27 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

I dont really know about Iron Man 3 anymore... I thought it looked great and once again I was disappointed with the horrid photoshop posters which have plagued every film, bar one for the first one. I think the trailer confirms suspicions what we expected to happen... though I dont think I like the idea of the suit being able to wrap itself around Starks body, in little pieces. I get im supposed to be suspending disbelief, but I dont buy it, also now the fact he is almost superhuman?

Then again is the end of the trailer with the numerous suits. I get many villains have been using variations of IMs own suit but I dont like he can control them with his mind. Stil, I guess its better than a guy sat on a laptop.

ALSO there had better be an explanation of why the War Machine armour has been repainted... I loved the original design, this one just isnt bad boy!

Well its obviously inspired by Captain Americas suit innit?

I agree about the posters.The one with Stark crouching makes him look like the Hulk, not Iron Man!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 181
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 8/3/2013 10:17:33 AM   
spark1

which avenger is expendable?-

http://movieline.com/2013/03/06/robert-downey-jr-the-avengers-best-heroes/#utm_campaign=homepage&utm_source=maincolumn&utm_medium=topstories&utm_content=slot4

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 182
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 8/3/2013 12:47:39 PM   
Chief

quote:

ALSO there had better be an explanation of why the War Machine armour has been repainted... I loved the original design, this one just isnt bad boy!

Is it not something to do with the suit being commissioned for the American military? I thought I read that somewhere.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 183
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 8/3/2013 12:57:02 PM   
Timon

Aren't the Thor 2 and Wolverine trailers out today?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 184
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 8/3/2013 3:03:34 PM   
ripperman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Aren't the Thor 2 and Wolverine trailers out today?

Don't think so. Last I heard, Wolverine trailer was delayed until late March and Thor will be early April along with new Superman trailer

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 185
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 8/3/2013 4:45:17 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

quote:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Patriot_Armor

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 186
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/3/2013 9:50:55 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

I think phase 3 probably will be too. I mean they'll most likely wanna make Cap 3 and Thor 3 after Avengers 2 and before Avengers 3. May even get a Hulk 2? and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 if it's successful although maybe they're just making that as a one-off to push things into the cosmic side of things which Avengers 2 will most likely be knee deep in.

I can envisage a cross-polination between GotG and Avengers 2. Particularly if Thanos is featured! I think they'll see how GotG will be received as it's pretty much an unknown quantity with general audiences. A sort of Avengers in space I suppose?
Still, I think it's an interesting concept!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

Fighter jets that are firing 50mm cannons at him, building that are used as a means to an end for the Hulk to get to higher ground and the Thor thing - well that was just for comic effect! I'm of the opinion that Banner does have Hulk under control as it's clear he can change back and forth as he pleases and works well within a team (as he would say at a job interview). That doesn't mean however that he cant and wont lose control somewhere down the line - if the Planet Hulk thing is to be believed this is the route they will go down I reckon.

..Deetoo.

Pedant alert: I'm pretty sure that fighter jet was a F-35 which has a GAU-22/A four-barrelled 25mm cannon. 50mm would be far too big and presumably slow in terms of rate-of-fire for a fighter jet. Even the BOFORS AA guns are only about 40mm! Just saying .

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 187
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 15/3/2013 10:20:36 AM   
spark1

'thor-dark world' trailer on the way-

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/03/11/thor-the-dark-world-trailer-confirmed-with-iron-man-3/

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 188
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 23/3/2013 4:56:16 PM   
Charles B. Potatoes

I note with some concern that the pre booking screenings for Iron Man 3 are all in 3d.

Please tell me this film will be shown in 2d otherwise I won't be going to see it at the cinema

If you ask me Skywalker was bloody lucky to turn off his guidance system.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 189
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 25/3/2013 6:21:56 PM   
kumar

Some significant spoilers in the new teaser trailer. It was something you could guess at from the theatrical, but this confirms it... so unless you inadvertently come across it i wouldnt watch.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Charles B. Potatoes)
Post #: 190
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/4/2013 10:13:00 AM   
Timon

I have to say, I do like all that 'Phase 2' concept art. Especially how 'Star Wars-y' the Guardians stuff looks.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Post #: 191
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/4/2013 11:29:19 AM   
Artoo

quote:

I have to say, I do like all that 'Phase 2' concept art. Especially how 'Star Wars-y' the Guardians stuff looks.

I was thinking exactly that! This concept art - especially the stuff for Guardians of the Galaxy has really intrigued me. JJ Abrams may not need to bother with the new Star Wars films......

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 192
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 9/4/2013 10:05:23 PM   
musht

So Ant-Man could cameo in Iron Man 3

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a471810/edgar-wrights-ant-man-to-cameo-in-iron-man-3.html?rss

And Black Panther could be in Avengers 2

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a471813/the-avengers-2-to-feature-black-panther.html?rss

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 193
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/4/2013 12:02:20 AM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a471810/edgar-wrights-ant-man-to-cameo-in-iron-man-3.html?rss

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a471813/the-avengers-2-to-feature-black-panther.html?rss

I'm guessing Ant Man will be 'teased' in the post credits scene, and will then feature in some capacity in Avengers 2. They need the average non-fanboy cinema-goer to be aware of him before launching him into his own feature as part of phase 3. He was meant to have a namecheck by Selvig in Thor, but they decided against it. As the other confirmed phase 3 character, makes you wonder when Dr. Strange will show up - a tease somewhere in Thor 2 would be safe territory.

Black Panther was always going to show up sooner or later, and a trip to Wakanda in Avengers 2 would be cool - they gotta get out of NY at some point right?

As far as adding to the superhero roster, the more the merrier I say. It's the Avengers after all, and if Marvel have rights to these characters - use them.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 194
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/4/2013 11:06:57 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

I'm guessing Ant Man will be 'teased' in the post credits scene, and will then feature in some capacity in Avengers 2. They need the average non-fanboy cinema-goer to be aware of him before launching him into his own feature as part of phase 3. He was meant to have a namecheck by Selvig in Thor, but they decided against it. As the other confirmed phase 3 character, makes you wonder when Dr. Strange will show up - a tease somewhere in Thor 2 would be safe territory.

Black Panther was always going to show up sooner or later, and a trip to Wakanda in Avengers 2 would be cool - they gotta get out of NY at some point right?

As far as adding to the superhero roster, the more the merrier I say. It's the Avengers after all, and if Marvel have rights to these characters - use them.

That's the first I've heard of an Ant Man cameo in IM3 - but it is most welcome news! I wonder if it will just be a passing reference to Ant Man or if they have already cast the part and will actually have the character in the movie and are keeping the details under wraps until after IM3 has premiered? Either way my anticipation for IM3 has increased exactly 32%!

As for the Black Panther cameo in Avengers 2, there were rumours that Morris Chestnut was in talks to play him after he hinted at "becoming familiar with the part" on Twitter yesterday. Although, after some people questioned him about it he quickly rescinded his comments (probably when the boys from Marvel payed him a visit and threatened his family). I have to say I'm not overly keen on Morris Chestnut in this part. They should leave him out of Avengers 2 and instead have Ant Man and The Wasp included, and give the Black Panther his own movie (as the character deserves) in Phase 3. Djimon Honsou would've been great 10-15 years ago as T'Challa but alas I think he's too old now at 48 (plus another 5 years before the movie would get made). He could still be in it though as the original Black Panther King T'Chaka who dies and passes the responsibility to T'Challa who is young and impetuous and not ready for the burden etc, etc. T'Challa is a more difficult part to cast and I would've suggested Anthonie Mackie had he not already been cast as The Falcon in Cap 2, but I suppose he could be played by someone like Nate Parker (Buffy, Angel etc), Donald Glover (Community) or even Jaden Smith in a few years time.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 195
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/4/2013 11:12:27 AM   
musht

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

That's the first I've heard of an Ant Man cameo in IM3 - but it is most welcome news! I wonder if it will just be a passing reference to Ant Man or if they have already cast the part and will actually have the character in the movie and are keeping the details under wraps until after IM3 has premiered? Either way my anticipation for IM3 has increased exactly 32%!

As for the Black Panther cameo in Avengers 2, there were rumours that Morris Chestnut was in talks to play him after he hinted at "becoming familiar with the part" on Twitter yesterday. Although, after some people questioned him about it he quickly rescinded his comments (probably when the boys from Marvel payed him a visit and threatened his family). I have to say I'm not overly keen on Morris Chestnut in this part. They should leave him out of Avengers 2 and instead have Ant Man and The Wasp included, and give the Black Panther his own movie (as the character deserves) in Phase 3. Djimon Honsou would've been great 10-15 years ago as T'Challa but alas I think he's too old now at 48 (plus another 5 years before the movie would get made). He could still be in it though as the original Black Panther King T'Chaka who dies and passes the responsibility to T'Challa who is young and impetuous and not ready for the burden etc, etc. T'Challa is a more difficult part to cast and I would've suggested Anthonie Mackie had he not already been cast as The Falcon in Cap 2, but I suppose he could be played by someone like Nate Parker (Buffy, Angel etc), Donald Glover (Community) or even Jaden Smith in a few years time.

Don't know much about Black Panther or Morris Chestnut but I think Chiwetel Ejiofor would have been a great shout

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 196
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/4/2013 1:25:27 PM   
Timon

If Michael Jai White isn't at least on the short list for Black Panther, I will be very put out!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 197
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/4/2013 4:07:48 PM   
Artoo

quote:

If Michael Jai White isn't at least on the short list for Black Panther, I will be very put out!

Again - he could play the Dad T'Chaka (the original Black Panther) but he's too old to play T'Challa.

I know why you say that though - Michael Jai White is one of the best martial artists in acting. I think he's actually a Ninja!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 198
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/4/2013 4:46:02 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

quote:

Again - he could play the Dad T'Chaka (the original Black Panther) but he's too old to play T'Challa.

I know why you say that though - Michael Jai White is one of the best martial artists in acting. I think he's actually a Ninja!

Hey Snipes is out of prison, maybe perfect timing for a return to the marvel universe - as T'Chaka. As long as he doesn't Blade it up of course.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 199
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/4/2013 12:41:19 PM   
spark1

no more downey in solo IM films?-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/40245/is-iron-man-3-the-last-robert-downey-jr-solo-movie/

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 200
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/4/2013 3:22:30 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/40245/is-iron-man-3-the-last-robert-downey-jr-solo-movie/

I hope he stays on, but I'm curious who they'd get to replace him. They'd have to stick with an actor in his late thirties - forties

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 201
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 14/4/2013 12:44:48 AM   
fuzzy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

I hope he stays on, but I'm curious who they'd get to replace him. They'd have to stick with an actor in his late thirties - forties

I hope he stays on too, but there should be a natural end for RDJ as Iron Man, and if he feels that's after Avengers 2 - so be it. There's loads of superhero names on Marvels to do list, so it probably wouldn't harm resting a few occasionally to bring the new guys to front and centre. The success of these movies now are such that they'll run and run for as long as punters will buy tickets, so hopefully the characters won't die (not the big names anyway) just get recast from time to time.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 202
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 15/4/2013 8:21:53 PM   
Cool Breeze

I thought it was implied in last months IM3 article in the mag that this film is RDJ's swansong in the role.His contract expires with IM3 and given the kings ransom that hes been getting for these movies that Marvel are prepared to recast for Avengers 2.

And Marvel have certainly proven by now that they have no problem recasting major characters.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 203
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 16/4/2013 11:53:25 AM   
ripperman

Oh I think they’ll throw a ball of money at RDJ to stay on for avengers 2 at least, considering the huge success of the original film, any major tampering with the formula or set up or cast would be dangerous territory for such a major tentpole film? It would be a bit off putting for a lot of people to go and see RDJ in Ironman 3 and then have to accept another actor playing such a major part in avengers 2 once it comes, surely!? They’ll leave recasting if any for the next solo Ironman film whenever that will be.

Post #: 204
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/4/2013 1:29:38 PM   
BelfastBoy

More importantly, given that it premiered in London last night and is released next week, when's Empire's Iron Man 3 review coming? I'm sure the press must've seen it by now so when is the embargo lifted, I wonder?

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 205
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 20/4/2013 8:16:52 PM   
Ghidorah

Some twit decided to post a massive Iron Man 3 spoiler.

I'm not a huge Marvel fan, but damn that really did spoil it for me.

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 206
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 22/4/2013 2:02:43 PM   
porntrooper

Yea, now that it is screening all over the place, the spoilers are dropping, so tread carefully.

I'm not normally one to be too bothered by spoilers or to pre-judge a film based on them or the online reaction to them. However, I have to say the things I've read about have kinda tempered my expectations of IM3. The spoilers I've read sound odd, although people are saying the movie as a whole delivers, though it sounds like it falls into similar traps as the previous two IM movies, although it thankfully sounds that iM2's Avengers focus is thankfully absent. Still looking forward to it, though maybe not as much as I once was. Nice to see a slightly different looking visual style/colour palette in the MCU too.

"I've got an idea for a special infiltration technique. It involves draining a man of his blood and replacing it with Tizer."

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 207
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 22/4/2013 3:29:28 PM   
BelfastBoy

Thanks for the heads up about spoilers, but when are the actual reviews coming? I'm guessing it'll be the usual 3* from Empire (possibly 4*), but the film's out this Friday and so far I've personally seen no advertising apart from the Audi TV ads (which are product placement rather than actual trailers or TV spots). Am I just not watching TV at the right time or something? I would've expected more of a media blitz from Marvel than what I've actually seen.

(in reply to porntrooper)
Post #: 208
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 22/4/2013 7:50:36 PM   
Spectre

Peter Bradshaw has given it a positive review:

Click

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 209
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 23/4/2013 11:28:45 AM   
porntrooper

I'm reading a lot of reviews, and although mostly very, very positive, there are elements that really stand out to me as being possible sticking points for many people. Primarily for me now is the tone, almost every review seems to suggest this is the Marvel Movie with the lightest tone, and in huge portions is seemingly aiming for out and out comedy - including sight gags. Which strikes me as very odd. I thought the first IM had a great tone, as did Avengers. They both seemed to walk the line between trying to deliver a serious threat and storyline (although I'd argue that on both, the 'threat' never really feels too threatening) whilst keeping a light tone with some great moments of comedy that never really underlined anything. I thought Shane Black would be perfect to walk that line too, but some reviews seem to be suggesting it may, on occasion, tip over and be too light and comedic. I guess I'll judge that when I see it, but it's such a strange thing (if true) to do, especially given how the marketing seems to be playing the threat of Mandarin and how much damage and pain he can cause to Tony and pals. I have to say, I am looking forward to the 'buddy movie' moments though, as it sounds that the Stark/Rhodey team up gets a Lethal Weapon vibe.... I like that idea! Also, knowing some spoilers already - including one huge spoiler that I again warn people to be wary of! - I am really looking forward to the reviews thread, which I predict now will erupt into madness....

"I've got an idea for a special infiltration technique. It involves draining a man of his blood and replacing it with Tizer."

(in reply to Spectre)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI