Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 26/1/2013 2:37:12 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

Would love to see Viggo Mortensen as Strange

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 151
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 26/1/2013 4:31:24 PM   
musht

I thought Ant-Man was part of Phase Two ... that's disappointing

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 152
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 26/1/2013 7:04:01 PM   
rich

Well Phase 2 will mostly be sequels that are already known surely

Meanwhile...

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 153
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 26/1/2013 7:31:50 PM   
giggity

I think phase 3 probably will be too. I mean they'll most likely wanna make Cap 3 and Thor 3 after Avengers 2 and before Avengers 3. May even get a Hulk 2? and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 if it's successful although maybe they're just making that as a one-off to push things into the cosmic side of things which Avengers 2 will most likely be knee deep in.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 154
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 4/2/2013 10:20:27 AM   
Timon

So... Avengers 2 may end with The Hulk being exiled Planet Hulk style eh?

Discuss.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99859

< Message edited by Timon -- 4/2/2013 10:50:29 AM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 155
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 4/2/2013 11:50:18 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Discuss.

It would be quite cool to see this but it makes me wonder why the Hulk would be exiled into deep space when at the end of Norton's Hulk movie and of course in The Avengers it was apparent that Banner had the Hulk under control? I don't doubt Marvel Studios could work the storyline to suit this development but it just seems to be contrary to the current chain of events that Marvel have already worked so hard to set up.

A live action Planet Hulk would be great to see though!!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 156
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 4/2/2013 12:14:25 PM   
Timon

I think they're going to insinuate that Dr. Strange/Illumanti/Thanos or whoever they want will manipulate the Hulk to essentially commit some sort of atrocity that means keeping him around is just too much of a liability.

OR maybe he's sucking through some galactic wormhole in an accident and ends up on another Planet.

They could do it any number of ways.

I'm just concerned that if they do do Planet Hulk that a) it'll be really expensive due to the amount of FX b) people will tire of the Hulk as he won't be used sparingly c) Mark Ruffalo won't have much to do.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 157
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 4/2/2013 1:41:33 PM   
Artoo

quote:

I think they're going to insinuate that Dr. Strange/Illumanti/Thanos or whoever they want will manipulate the Hulk to essentially commit some sort of atrocity that means keeping him around is just too much of a liability.

OR maybe he's sucking through some galactic wormhole in an accident and ends up on another Planet.

I'm just concerned that if they do do Planet Hulk that a) it'll be really expensive due to the amount of FX b) people will tire of the Hulk as he won't be used sparingly c) Mark Ruffalo won't have much to do.

I think that'll be the main issue if there are any. The Hulk's appearance in Avengers was so great because it was little more than an extended cameo (of the monster at least).

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 158
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/2/2013 12:13:54 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

I think that'll be the main issue if there are any. The Hulk's appearance in Avengers was so great because it was little more than an extended cameo (of the monster at least).

I'm not familiar with the comic series so I did some research on Wiki; 2 things.

1. I reckon they could probably alter it so that it's Banner's story and he's forced into becoming the Hulk for the gladiatorial matches. This could work as in Avengers he's in control of Hulk, therefore he may be able to restrain the Hulk from gladiatorial combat forcing his captors to bait him the Hulk and therefore forcing Banner to lose the control he's strived for. Could be an interesting character arc there but again this is just an idea from a quick Wiki synopsis.

2. Silver Surfer is key to Hulk's escape. Aren't the rights to SS tied up with the Fantastic 4 at Fox?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 159
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/2/2013 10:51:45 AM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

Discuss.

Yes and Latino Review are saying the Avengers 3 will be based on World War Hulk.  Where he returns and kicks the shit out of everyone.

Also
[IRON MAN 3 SPOILERS]  Leaked toys show an Iron Man Deep Space Suit and early word is that his end of film sting will point to him lining up with the Guardinas of the Galaxy, as has recently happened in the comics [END SPOILERS]

So the whole galactic shift of the universe from the first Avengers seems quite well thought out.  Pretty exciting.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 160
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/2/2013 10:57:18 AM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

at the end of Norton's Hulk movie and of course in The Avengers it was apparent that Banner had the Hulk under control? I don't doubt Marvel Studios could work the storyline to suit this development but it just seems to be contrary to the current chain of events that Marvel have already worked so hard to set up.

Disagree.
At the end of Norton's all we saw was that he was using meditation as way to stay calm, although, yeah,  it is implied that he has a certain degree of control or access to the Hulk in the final seconds.  In Avengers, Banner says that he no longer fights against the Hulk, but that he is always angry, then immediatly hulks out, which you can take as you say, that he is in control or just as easily take to mean that more than ever the Hulk is always waiting just below the surface.

Also, look at his behavious while he is the Hulk, sure he beats up a load of aliens and saves Iron Man, but he is still not above smashing the shit out of random buildings or fighter jets, or sucker punching Thor, just for summat to do.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 161
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/2/2013 1:30:11 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

at the end of Norton's Hulk movie and of course in The Avengers it was apparent that Banner had the Hulk under control? I don't doubt Marvel Studios could work the storyline to suit this development but it just seems to be contrary to the current chain of events that Marvel have already worked so hard to set up.

Disagree.
At the end of Norton's all we saw was that he was using meditation as way to stay calm, although, yeah,  it is implied that he has a certain degree of control or access to the Hulk in the final seconds.  In Avengers, Banner says that he no longer fights against the Hulk, but that he is always angry, then immediatly hulks out, which you can take as you say, that he is in control or just as easily take to mean that more than ever the Hulk is always waiting just below the surface.

[END SPOILERS]

Fighter jets that are firing 50mm cannons at him, building that are used as a means to an end for the Hulk to get to higher ground and the Thor thing - well that was just for comic effect! I'm of the opinion that Banner does have Hulk under control as it's clear he can change back and forth as he pleases and works well within a team (as he would say at a job interview). That doesn't mean however that he cant and wont lose control somewhere down the line - if the Planet Hulk thing is to be believed this is the route they will go down I reckon.

The only thing that casts a shadow of doubt for me is the part of Avengers where Banner gets caught up in the explosion on the Hellicarrier and sdeemingly turns into the Hulk against his will and proceeds to chase after Black Widow etc etc. I'm not sure what to make of that part given the end of Norton's Hulk and the end of The Avengers??

< Message edited by Artoo -- 5/2/2013 4:40:49 PM >

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 162
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/2/2013 2:44:19 PM   
AxlReznor

I think he's got it under control when he is under controlled conditions. When shit is blowing up all around him, it's only natural that his heartbeat would spike involuntarily, though. It'd take a real hard-ass to remain calm in that situation.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 163
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/2/2013 3:07:28 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

quote:

Disagree.

Also, look at his behavious while he is the Hulk, sure he beats up a load of aliens and saves Iron Man, but he is still not above smashing the shit out of random buildings or fighter jets, or sucker punching Thor, just for summat to do.

quote:

Leaked toys show an Iron Man Deep Space Suit and early word is that his end of film sting will point to him lining up with the Guardinas of the Galaxy, as has recently happened in the comics [END SPOILERS]

Fighter jets that are firing 50mm cannons at him, building that are used as a means to an end for the Hulk to get to higher ground and the Thor thing - well that was just for comic effect! I'm of the opinion that Banner does have Hulk under control as it's clear he can change back and forth as he pleases and works well within a team (as he would say at a job interview). That doesn't mean however that he cant and wont lose control somewhere down the line - if the Planet Hulk thing is to be believed this is the route they will go down I reckon.

The only thing that casts a shadow of doubt for me is the part of Avengers where Banner gets caught up in the explosion on the Hellicarrier and sdeemingly turns into the Hulk against his will and proceeds to chase after Black Widow etc etc. I'm not sure what to make of that part given the end of Norton's Hulk and the end of The Avengers??

I think point was that Loki had a little influence in that incident

< Message edited by musht -- 6/2/2013 9:55:08 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 164
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/2/2013 3:13:20 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

quote:

quote:

Disagree.

I think point was that Loki had a little influence in that incident

Something to do with the staff that they had in the lab you mean? When Banner was unwittingly tooling himself up with it!

< Message edited by Artoo -- 5/2/2013 4:39:56 PM >

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 165
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/2/2013 3:38:29 PM   
Invader_Ace

Quick dudes, edit your posts, you have quoted my Iron Man 3 spoilers!

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 166
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/2/2013 4:41:21 PM   
Artoo

quote:

Oops! Done

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 167
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 1:04:37 PM   
Artoo

The casting for Peter Quill a.k.a Star Lord in the upcoming Guardians of The Galaxy has been announced. Some bloke called Chris Pratt (snigger) who we will probably only have seen in Zero Dark Thirty. I haven't seen the film so I dont know what he's like as an actor. Anyone care to comment??

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/05/chris-pratt-star-lord-guardians-galaxy/

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 168
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 9:55:41 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

Oops! Done

Took me ages to find the spoilers, sorry bout that

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 169
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 9:59:16 PM   
musht

quote:

The casting for Peter Quill a.k.a Star Lord in the upcoming Guardians of The Galaxy has been announced. Some bloke called Chris Pratt (snigger) who we will probably only have seen in Zero Dark Thirty. I haven't seen the film so I dont know what he's like as an actor. Anyone care to comment??

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/05/chris-pratt-star-lord-guardians-galaxy/

He was good in it. He's also in Money Ball which I think is a better example of his ability to handle drama. My only concern would be that he may be too similar to Chris Evans in the characters he plays and his style of acting. I could be completely off the mark though. I not familiar with the GotG comics so I can't comment on whether he's a good fit for the character.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 170
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/2/2013 2:32:19 PM   
primebhoy

Watched avengers again last night. Don't think I'll tire of watching it. Picked up a couple of things I hadnt on my first few viewings...

The quinjet was in the hologram of stark tower at the end, pretty cool. Also paid the newsreel clips a bit more attention. They linger on the clip with the politician going on about the Avengers taking 'responsibility and accountability' for leveling manhattan. Surely thats got to be a nod to the Civil War arc. I'd love to see that on screen, but reckon it might be added to a bit more in A2 and then potentially expanded in A3 when we have more heroes to fill the two sides with.

Alot of the speculation for A2 i guess will have to be left till we see IM3 and Thor2. Can't wait for some more stark action this summer!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 171
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 15/2/2013 10:01:42 PM   
musht

So it looks like we have a Drax the Destroyer in Jason Momoa. Not familiar with the character but I thought Momoa did a great job as Khal Drogo especially given that had very little dialogue and yet managed to craft a believable character.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Could-Game-Thrones-Jason-Momoa-Joining-Guardians-Galaxy-35793.html

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 172
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 18/2/2013 9:16:14 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

So it looks like we have a Drax the Destroyer in Jason Momoa. Not familiar with the character but I thought Momoa did a great job as Khal Drogo especially given that had very little dialogue and yet managed to craft a believable character.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Could-Game-Thrones-Jason-Momoa-Joining-Guardians-Galaxy-35793.html

I don't know much about The Guardians of the Galaxy property but love the Marvel films so far and so fully expect Guardians to be in keeping with the rest of them. The way this is shaping up in terms of casting now only fills me with more optimism. I hear nothing but good things about Chris Pratt (Star Lord) and Jason Momoa as Drax the Destroyer is inspired casting. He was great in Game of Thrones, and was fine as Conan (it's just a shame the film was so, sooooo shite) and I'm glad he looks to have gotten [another] break! As GotG marks the end of Marvel's phase 2 and expands the Marvel universe as it were (even though they layed the groundowrk in Avengers and may have little tidbits in IM3, Thor 2 and Cap2) I have a feeling that Marvel will make GotG as epic as Avengers if not more so! Can-not-wait!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 173
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 20/2/2013 11:42:36 AM   
ripperman

Marvel regained the rights to Daredevil last year so along with the likes of Punisher, and Blade and I’m pretty sure in the future they’ll get Ghost Rider back from Sony too, it could be a really interesting Marvel Knights type setup in years to come. There have been rumours that Punisher will be integrated into the current universe somehow, perhaps through his Vietnam origin story.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 174
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 20/2/2013 12:43:43 PM   
AxlReznor

That'd be cool. As much as I've enjoyed the latest Spider-Man and X-Men films, I really wish Marvel would regain the rights to those franchises, too. I don't see it happening, as they're so profitable for Sony and Fox... but it'd be awesome to be able to have the entire Marvel universe under one roof.

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 175
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 20/2/2013 12:59:34 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah it'd be great to have Spider-Man and Wolverine in an Avengers film. Like you say though, it's unlikely to happen. I do look forward to the possibility of decent Daredevil and Punisher films though. There's plenty of great material to mine for both characters. For Daredevil you've got a wealth of material from Miller's classic run to what Mark Waid is currently doing and for Punisher you've got plenty of Garth Ennis' material to work with as well as Greg Rucka's most recent run which is winding down at the moment with War Zone.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 20/2/2013 1:12:17 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 176
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 20/2/2013 1:52:03 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Yeah it'd be great to have Spider-Man and Wolverine in an Avengers film. Like you say though, it's unlikely to happen. I do look forward to the possibility of decent Daredevil and Punisher films though. There's plenty of great material to mine for both characters. For Daredevil you've got a wealth of material from Miller's classic run to what Mark Waid is currently doing and for Punisher you've got plenty of Garth Ennis' material to work with as well as Greg Rucka's most recent run which is winding down at the moment with War Zone.

Make a Punisher v Daredevil movie!! one of my fav Punisher story lines of the early 90s, it was awesome! :)

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 177
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/3/2013 6:43:34 PM   
SWOTBM

New Iron Man 3 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1Y3P9D0Bc

So much win

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 178
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/3/2013 7:29:55 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

New Iron Man 3 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1Y3P9D0Bc

So much win

I think it looks great, I can see why people would be worried that it might be a bit too much like 2 but to be honest I didn't mind 2 that much but the action was a little lacking, it's something Iron Man hasn't quite got right yet for me in that he just blasts things whereas I'd like to see little bit more Iron fisticuffs. The best part of 2 for was Stark v Rhodes even if it didn't make sense because the suit Rhodes stole didn't have an arc reactor

< Message edited by musht -- 5/3/2013 7:30:50 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 179
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/3/2013 3:25:24 PM   
kumar

I dont really know about Iron Man 3 anymore... I thought it looked great and once again I was disappointed with the horrid photoshop posters which have plagued every film, bar one for the first one. I think the trailer confirms suspicions what we expected to happen... though I dont think I like the idea of the suit being able to wrap itself around Starks body, in little pieces. I get im supposed to be suspending disbelief, but I dont buy it, also now the fact he is almost superhuman?

Then again is the end of the trailer with the numerous suits. I get many villains have been using variations of IMs own suit but I dont like he can control them with his mind. Stil, I guess its better than a guy sat on a laptop.

ALSO there had better be an explanation of why the War Machine armour has been repainted... I loved the original design, this one just isnt bad boy!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI