Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 27/8/2012 7:27:13 PM   
12 Space Monkeys

Cheers Marwood, aggreed and is there a list of characters > filmrights amywhere? just so i know.

I'd recomend a tv series (like Smallville) to accompany the films, starting with somone with a new power/idea and want to do good and meets other heros and villans along the way, spiderman would have been ideal but many others would work just as well, like Luke Cage. This could have a season finalle that leads into A2, next season being the cleanup.
(side note, DC droped the ball and should have spun Smallville into a JLA movie or at least hinted somthing in GL, this is where marvels going right)

Still waiting on deadpool

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 61
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 27/8/2012 10:32:55 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: 12 Space Monkeys

Cheers Marwood, aggreed and is there a list of characters > filmrights amywhere? just so i know.

I'd recomend a tv series (like Smallville) to accompany the films, starting with somone with a new power/idea and want to do good and meets other heros and villans along the way, spiderman would have been ideal but many others would work just as well, like Luke Cage. This could have a season finalle that leads into A2, next season being the cleanup.
(side note, DC droped the ball and should have spun Smallville into a JLA movie or at least hinted somthing in GL, this is where marvels going right)

Still waiting on deadpool

No idea about an official rights/character list but as far as I'm aware it's broken down like so at the moment:

20th Century Fox: X-Men (including Wolverine and Deadpool plus basically any "mutant" characters), Fantastic Four (including Silver Surfer), Daredevil (until October), Elektra

Sony: Spider-Man (including Venom which is apparently a solo film under development), Ghost Rider

...and I believe Marvel/Disney have everything else although there are some characters which are debatable like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch which apparently both Marvel and Fox have claim to as those 2 are prominent Avengers related but also mutants and Magneto's children. Last I read both companies could apparently use them in separately produced films without breach of rights. Weird.

As for TV Marvel are developing something that exists within The Avengers movie universe with Joss Whedon being involved somewhere - I expect it will be SHIELD related personally and probably some procedural/sci-fi adventure mish-mash. Could be cool especially if they were able to secure some of the film characters for cameos or guest spots.

I've always liked the idea of Daredevil and Punisher TV shows as well - I feel those characters are better suited for series rather than films personally and if handled right they could be more adult and edgier than a Marvel/Disney film would likely allow. With you on the idea of a Luke Cage series too, hell maybe for street level heroes mentioned in my last post they should build a TV series universe with those guys wandering in and out of each other's shows.

Apparently FOX TV were/are developing a Punisher show but it sounded like cack - Frank Castle is a cop by day, vigilante by night. Fuck off FOX.

Re a Deadpool film - I would really like to see a 4th wall breaking, cartoonishly violent version like the modern comics and according to various hype talk from producers since it was announced that is apparently the way they want to go; reboot it from the character seen in Wolverine but keep Ryan Reynolds on board. Honestly I don't expect it to happen or at least it will probably end up differently to what they've proposed but still, live in hope.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to 12 Space Monkeys)
Post #: 62
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2/9/2012 3:30:22 PM   
Marwood

Been thinking lately about what's going to happen to RDJ after Iron Man 3 seeing as that's the end of his multi-picture deal with Marvel (i.e. 4 films with IM3 being no.4). While it's jumping the gun Marvel (specifically Kevin Feige) have mentioned that they wouldnt be interested in rebooting Iron Man (which makes sense considering the character will feature in Avengers 2 regardless of who plays him) but I'm already wondering who else might step up to play him if RDJ decides not to continue with the role after IM3 - I'd love him to continue playing Stark obviously but also feel that Avengers 2 would be a logical time to recast if he's finished with the role. Similar I suppose to them recasting Banner for the team film after deals broke down with Ed Norton - I feel it would be advantageous to do it when he's part of an ensemble than recasting for Iron Man 4 and having to sell it entirely under the new lead. Admittedly RDJ as Iron Man will have been a big draw for The Avengers to casual audiences anyway but hopefully Avengers 2 could live without him.

So...how would people feel about John Cusack or Paul Rudd? My two picks for actors of a similar age bracket who I think could make it a less painful transition from RDJ seeing as they're both accomplished actors who have earned their stripes with both drama and comedy (in both cases quite dark at times).

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 63
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/9/2012 10:30:39 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Dane Cook ???.............................................................................
Just kidding
Don't really see Rudd Cusack hmmmm maybe (get a bit of that Gross Point Blanc mojo going).

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 64
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/9/2012 1:51:49 PM   
Harry Tuttle

The RDJ thing is a bit of a quandary because he knocks the portrayal of Stark out of the park. I honestly can't imagine anyone else doing it apart from him so it's going to be a bit of a tough sell. If they can get him back for Avengers 2 I reckon they'd be better off just killing the character off in it myself. I can't see Marvel doing that of course but I really don't envy the next person to play Tony Stark.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 65
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/9/2012 2:20:12 PM   
fuzzy

Never even dawned on me that RDJ may leave the role. I think'll he'll be crazy not to do Avengers 2, but if they want to retire him after that then OK. I'd rather it go the way of giving someone else the suit than killing him off personally, that way they'll always be a Tony Stark in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, even if he isn't seen. The introduction of new heroes will hopefully make the transition of losing some of these 1st wave heroes easier when it happens. I just hope the likes of Wasp, Ant-man, Falcon etc. makes their impact enough to be here for the long haul.

On the subject of an IM recast, sorry Marwood - agree with you on most things on this thread but can't see Rudd or Cusack myself - though the latter is always watchable and would be my preference from those two. Funnily enough, currently reading 'Marvels' and Tony Stark in that looks remarkably like a young Timothy Dalton. Shame it's 2012.

< Message edited by fuzzy -- 3/9/2012 2:26:02 PM >

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 66
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/9/2012 8:01:34 PM   
musht

I reckon Colin Farrell could give RDJ a good run, although I don't think he's much younger. But I think he'd be good, we've seen he can do action, drama, and comedy. The real question is can he pull off the goatee

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 67
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/9/2012 8:39:34 PM   
fuzzy

Just remembered who tony stark looks like in recent comic interpretations... Lost's Josh Holloway (pics don't work on this bloody PC).

Would have preferred him as Gambit. But I think he could do the playboy Stark pretty well.

< Message edited by fuzzy -- 4/9/2012 12:38:23 PM >

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 68
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/9/2012 8:51:38 PM   
Vadersville

Seems a bit pointless trying to guess who will replace RDJ as he's already publicly said that he's happy to bounce back and forth Tony Stark and Sherlock Holmes until he's forced into retirement.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 69
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/9/2012 9:08:05 PM   
Cool Breeze

Contracts can be renegotiated.Im sure they will have RDJ back for Avengers 2 at least.

As for recasting.John Cusack is a good shout.Hes a great actor who can be very witty and dramatic in equal measure.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 70
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/9/2012 9:09:14 PM   
giggity

Do you guys think there will be an Iron Man 4? I don't think it's on Marvel's to-do list after number 3. If they want to do all the films they want to then some film series will have to go on a hiatus for some time while Marvel do other films. I think that the big hitters like iron man and cap and thor etc... will have trilogies of their own films while also appearing in Avengers films but after those trilogies end I think we'll only see them in Avengers films, probably up to Avengers 3 as I think that's when most actors contracts will run out, then other characters like Doc Strange, Luke Cage, Black Panther will get their film series and if Marvel want to do another Iron man or Cap then it'll be because its a story they really want to tell, most likely after Avengers 3 all the big roles will be re-cast as i cant see people like chris hemsworth or chris evans wanting to stay attached to a role which takes up so much of their schedule, longer than a decade (evans in particular as he almost didnt sign up to cap because of the 6-picture deal he had to sign.)

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 71
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 4/9/2012 5:36:43 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Seems a bit pointless trying to guess who will replace RDJ as he's already publicly said that he's happy to bounce back and forth Tony Stark and Sherlock Holmes until he's forced into retirement.

Yeah well it's just idle speculation (on a forum - who would have thought it!) and true Downey hasn't really given any indication that he's ready to give it up at all but it's bound to come up eventually. I was just thinking out loud.

Giggity raises a good point though about how far Marvel will continue with the solo character films for characters like Iron Man, Cap etc. Obviously they'll consider them until they stop becoming money makers (oh, how cynical) but maybe there's something in the idea of them having trilogies invidually and then become ensemble players only for the remaining contracts while new characters get the solo focus. Maybe Phase 3 (if it comes to pass) will centre around that.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 72
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/9/2012 1:13:21 PM   
spark1

might be a while before there is another 'sherlock holmes' thanks to the break from warners by joel silver so robert's all marvel for now.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 73
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/9/2012 2:27:41 PM   
The Hooded Man

Wasn't Rob Lowe linked with Iron Man before RDJ was cast?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 74
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/9/2012 2:45:04 PM   
giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

might be a while before there is another 'sherlock holmes' thanks to the break from warners by joel silver so robert's all marvel for now.

What's this with joel silver and Warner brothers?

Last i heard they got Drew Pearce the writer of Iron Man 3 to do the script for Sherlock 3.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 75
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 5/9/2012 2:46:29 PM   
giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Wasn't Rob Lowe linked with Iron Man before RDJ was cast?

I remember hearing during the making of Iron Man 2 that Sam Rockwell was originally one of Favreau's favourites for the role but Marvel didn't think he would fit so he cast him in IM2 as Hammer,

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 76
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/9/2012 2:36:49 PM   
spark1

room for dr strange on big screen?-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/24894/doctor-strange-pops-up-in-thor-sequel

Post #: 77
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/9/2012 5:15:01 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Benedict Cumberbatch would make a good Dr Strange as would,funnily enough,Robert Downey JR, though obviously that cant/wont happen.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 78
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/9/2012 9:38:04 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Benedict Cumberbatch would make a good Dr Strange as would,funnily enough,Robert Downey JR, though obviously that cant/wont happen.

BC sounds like a good shout - but can he pull of a wicked goatee? Him and Steven Moffat showed up at Marvel HQ a few months back for some love in/mutual appreciation thing, so u never know, they maybe had their sights on him for a future film role back then.

If the Strange rumours are true, introducing him in Thor would make the most sense I think. They could stay more true to his look (it'd look totally absurd in a Cap film for example), and jump straight into the mystical stuff and bypass a lot of back story for the character.

As reported, Mortensen could be a good fit, he'll look the part and can rock the facial hair!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 79
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/9/2012 11:59:37 PM   
endjinnoil

Does anyone here remember Secret Wars? I would be interested to see what could be made of that story. Perhaps in the form of a t.v. series as some have suggested. Lots of subplots to mine from that story. Plus mountains being dropped on people!

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 80
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 11/9/2012 11:10:40 AM   
Beno

Has everyone seen the 'on location' photos from Thor The Dark World over at Den Of Geek that have surfaced this morning.

If not then get over there ...... they be pretty epic looking.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to endjinnoil)
Post #: 81
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 12/9/2012 12:57:57 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Has everyone seen the 'on location' photos from Thor The Dark World over at Den Of Geek that have surfaced this morning.

Looking good - more armies, more fights... bring it on.

Hope they bring Dr. Strange into it too. The fact Odin had the Orb of Agamotto in his trophy room is a good indicator...

< Message edited by fuzzy -- 12/9/2012 12:58:45 PM >

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 82
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/9/2012 11:25:40 AM   
SwozTheRevenge

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Looking good - more armies, more fights... bring it on.

Hope they bring Dr. Strange into it too. The fact Odin had the Orb of Agamotto in his trophy room is a good indicator...

I'd like to see Uncle Viggo have a go.

[image]http://cdn04.cdn.thesuperficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/0122_viggo_mortensen_oscar_00.JPG[/image]

< Message edited by SwozTheRevenge -- 13/9/2012 11:26:14 AM >

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 83
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/9/2012 12:01:19 PM   
Beno

So Lord Joss of Whedon says he intends to "twist the knife" with the next instalment of The Avengers. But just what could this mean exactly??

What follows could be deemed as *Spoilery* banter so be warned. Although most of it is pure speculation :

By now most people will be aware of a certain 'big baddie' who appeared in a mid credits scene at the end of The Avengers. This bad guy - in the comics - is obssesed with death and did meet a manifestation of death itself in the form of a female. Death is mentioned in that scene by the Chitari leader to which the big bad guy smiles almost sarcastically. Does all this link in any way to what Whedon was hinting at. Now to me all this could indicate that Avengers 2 will feature possibly the demise of at least a couple - if not more - of the main heroes.

In the comics three of the current movie Avengers have 'died' at various times - one of them twice - but all three did return, i think.
To "twist the knife" means to be shocked which of course ending the life main characters would be....... even if not permanantly.

There are a few more heroes who will be brought into the Avengers so perhaps the plan is to kind of rotate the actual team of Supes so as not to flirt with the same old same old routine.
I may be reaching here but i can see something like this coming myself.

Any ideas??

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 84
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/9/2012 12:06:46 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I know Whedon has a history of killing off his characters but I can't see Marvel allowing any of their cash cows to be killed. If anyone goes it'll be someone that doesn't have a film of their own. I'd put my money on Hawkeye (and I'd like to see him go the way he did during Avengers: Disassembled). That's assuming Hawkeye features in the next film of course.

By twisting the knife I actually took that to mean Whedon was going to put them through the wringer, rather than kill anyone off. I just can't see Marvel allowing it.

On a personal level I wouldn't mind seeing Captain America get offed., although I reckon they'll hold that eventuality back until/if the Civil War kicks off.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 13/9/2012 12:12:39 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 85
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/9/2012 12:32:27 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I know Whedon has a history of killing off his characters but I can't see Marvel allowing any of their cash cows to be killed. If anyone goes it'll be someone that doesn't have a film of their own. I'd put my money on Hawkeye (and I'd like to see him go the way he did during Avengers: Disassembled). That's assuming Hawkeye features in the next film of course.

By twisting the knife I actually took that to mean Whedon was going to put them through the wringer, rather than kill anyone off. I just can't see Marvel allowing it.

On a personal level I wouldn't mind seeing Captain America get offed., although I reckon they'll hold that eventuality back until/if the Civil War kicks off.

New cash cows can always replace others Harry but you are right about putting them through the wringer.

I was just blinkered a bit by the idea of death and its importance to the next big baddie which i feel will play a part in some way.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 86
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 16/9/2012 7:11:42 PM   
Locog18

As far as twisting the knife goes i could see Hawkeye being killed off but after him being left on the sidelines for most of Avengers it would be a waste of the character.
It's hard to see marvel killing off a major cash cow but with all the talk of ant-man, doc strange and black panther being tossed around as well as falcon in captain america 2 and guardians of the galaxy in thor 2 it seems there's no shortage of heroes to take that place.

"I will take what is mine with fire and blood"
Follow me on twitter

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 87
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 18/9/2012 12:07:20 PM   
Bad Ash

Anthony Mackie discusses being cast as The Falcon in Captain America 2! I still thought this was firmly a rumour - now it seems to be all confirmed!

http://latino-review.com/2012/09/18/anthony-mackie-discusses-playing-falcon-captain-america-winter-soldier/

Sounds like their teaking his origins a bit though - he wasn't genetically modified in the comics was he? He just has a set of wings and can communicate telepathically with Redwing (his bird! As in Falcon bird - not his missus!)

I know where the bastard sleeps!

(in reply to Locog18)
Post #: 88
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/9/2012 3:28:14 PM   
spark1

evans talks 'winter soldier'-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/24988/chris-evans-talks-captain-america-sequel

those 'assemble' scenes were cut for a reason it seems.

Post #: 89
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 20/9/2012 10:25:29 AM   
spark1

so thanos returns for 'avengers 2' and 'guardians'.....

and his creator jim starlin is on board with it this time.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 21/9/2012 12:04:45 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI