Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/6/2012 8:49:07 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

I think they should do a SHEILD movie in the interim between now and the next Avengers film.It would give the likes of Fury, Hill, Black Widow, and Hawkeye the chance to shine and a good opportunity to throw in a few cameos as well.

Agreed, had the same idea for a while now seeing as Widow and Hawkeye are basically spec ops rather than superheroes in the movie universe. Would make sense (to me at least) to split off Shield and The Avengers as two vaguely linked entities. Especially logical seeing as the end of The Avengers made it pretty clear they weren't working for Shield anymore. Although Cap 2 will apparently see him maintain a relationship with the organisation. But still.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 31
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 14/6/2012 1:01:35 AM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

quote:

I think they should do a SHEILD movie in the interim between now and the next Avengers film.It would give the likes of Fury, Hill, Black Widow, and Hawkeye the chance to shine and a good opportunity to throw in a few cameos as well.

Agreed, had the same idea for a while now seeing as Widow and Hawkeye are basically spec ops rather than superheroes in the movie universe. Would make sense (to me at least) to split off Shield and The Avengers as two vaguely linked entities. Especially logical seeing as the end of The Avengers made it pretty clear they weren't working for Shield anymore. Although Cap 2 will apparently see him maintain a relationship with the organisation. But still.

I'm a big fan of these films, hell, I'll watch anything with a superhero attached, but is a standalone SHIELD film something that's going to do big box office, after all that's what the studio wants. You'd think it would need to feature one of the big names to get bums on seats. I dunno though, maybe if they maintain the SHIELD presence in the next batch of sequels to keep the popularity and interest in a standalone film, it could work. And I'd imagine Renner will be a box office draw in his own right by that time. It would be sad not to have ol' Coulson feature though.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 32
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Spider-Man - 14/6/2012 9:34:45 AM   
Invader_Ace

So Spider-man...

Before you rattle off the old, "He's at Sony, never gonna happen" line.

Apparently, there were plans to add the Oscorp Building from the new Spider-Man reboot to the Avengers.

Source: http://www.chud.com/96846/the-subtle-spidey-signs-that-sony-is-ready-to-crossover-with-marvel/

So Cross-Studio team-ups.  Good Idea?

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 33
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Spider-Man - 14/6/2012 12:59:22 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

So Spider-man...

Before you rattle off the old, "He's at Sony, never gonna happen" line.

Apparently, there were plans to add the Oscorp Building from the new Spider-Man reboot to the Avengers.

Source: http://www.chud.com/96846/the-subtle-spidey-signs-that-sony-is-ready-to-crossover-with-marvel/

Times must be changing then - money talks after all. That wasn't the case a few years ago though, when Sony stopped Louis Leterrier using Peter Parker's University name as the one featured in TIH.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 34
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Spider-Man - 17/7/2012 2:38:17 PM   
fuzzy

What's everyone make of the latest announcements for the new Marvel films:

Thor: Dark Worlds, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy and Antman.

I like that they've gone with subtitles rather than numerical titles - too late for the Ironman films though. Thor will more likely be '9 realms' and Asguard based - and that's fine by me, the rest of the movies are Earthbound so good that Thor can stick to its roots. I guessed as much with Cap 2, there was too much iffyness with Bucky's imprisonment and 'demise' - there just had to be more to it. Nice to see them bringing Falcon on board too. Antman was inevitable, but I guess they'll have to intoduce Hank Pym in one of the other films before he gets his standalone debut - to familiarise the character to audiences if nothing else (it worked for Hawkeye and Widow). The Guardians is the only one I don't quite get, a more obsure title but I can see how it could link into the Thanos stuff. I just don't see it work with the other films. And is this even live action? - it would be totally nuts if it was.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 35
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Spider-Man - 17/7/2012 2:55:11 PM   
Rob

I'm actually hugely intrigued to see how "phase 2" pans out for Marvel.

Iron Man3 is obviously the first out of the gate post Avengers and the Comic-con footage seemed to go down well. Thor and Cap look set to add to their mostly impressive débuts and Guardians of the Galaxy (which I don't know much about) looks suitably bonkers and left-field to be interesting.

The only aspect that I'm not sold on is Ant-Man. I'm not a big fan of the character and whilst he's different enough to existing characters in the Marvel Universe to warrant exploration he just doesn't do it for me. That said it could end up being something unique so we'll see.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 36
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Spider-Man - 17/7/2012 3:15:46 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I wouldn't be in the least bit sold on Ant Man either if it wasn't for Wright's involvement. He's been banging on about it since before Hot Fuzz so it's obviously something he's very passionate about and since his directorial record is faultless IMO it's something I'm looking forward to rather than dreading, as I probably would be if it was helmed by anyone else.

I really enjoyed Thor so I'm looking forward to the sequel (I wish Branagh would have stayed though) and I'm intrigued as to how Winter Soldier will pan out. It's a decent storyline but I've never liked Captain America much so that's a wait and see-er for me.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks fucking bonkers though. A Raccoon with a Rocket launcher. On film. Shut up and take my money

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 37
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Spider-Man - 17/7/2012 3:30:14 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy
I guessed as much with Cap 2, there was too much iffyness with Bucky's imprisonment and 'demise' - there just had to be more to it. Nice to see them bringing Falcon on board too.

I expected Winter Soldier to happen at some point, but not quite so soon! I'm ecstatic about seeing how they handle it, as it's probably my favourite comic-book story ever, but it's a pretty ambitious story to tackle so early on in the series.

quote:

The Guardians is the only one I don't quite get, a more obsure title but I can see how it could link into the Thanos stuff. I just don't see it work with the other films. And is this even live action? - it would be totally nuts if it was.

I'm largely unfamiliar with the Guardians, in spite of having read Marvel for 20 years (I shy away from the Cosmic stuff in general). I actually picked up the entire 18-issue run of the most recent Guardians book yesterday, as Comixology were selling them all at 69p an issue. The general Marvel universe (in the comics) is moving in a Cosmic direction at the moment, so I have a feeling that this won't seem quite as left field a property when the film hits cinemas in 2 years time. As I say, I'm unfamiliar, but really intrigued.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 38
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/8/2012 10:20:17 AM   
spark1

marvel and fox haggle over FF and 'daredevil' rights-

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/fox-insiders-no-galactus-talks-with-marvel/

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 39
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/8/2012 3:01:25 PM   
Wild about Wilder

If I was Marvel I'd rather keep Daredevil than get Silver Surfer & Galactus(or whatever the fuck that thing was?)

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 40
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 8/8/2012 5:37:49 PM   
Marwood

I'd rather see Marvel take back Silver Surfer and Galactus personally - as their plans seem to involve going more cosmic and "bigger" with the movie universe it makes sense for them to retain those characters. Daredevil would be a good boon too but IMO he's better suited to TV than another film, if they take those rights back from Fox I hope they go with a show rather than try to throw him into the films.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 41
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 8/8/2012 6:56:34 PM   
Cool Breeze

I just want to say it here... RYAN GOSLING FOR DAREDEVIL!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 42
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 9/8/2012 10:13:51 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Nice shout. (As long as he don't mind going Ginger )

Post #: 43
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 9/8/2012 5:44:03 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

I just want to say it here... RYAN GOSLING FOR DAREDEVIL!

BEN AFFLECK FOR DAREDEVIL!
..oh

I'm going to sound like a broken record but I think Micheal Fassbender would make a great Daredevill.

Post #: 44
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/8/2012 6:43:14 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Fassbender would be a great anything but I'm starting to roll my eyes whenever I hear his name mentioned for a role these days.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 45
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/8/2012 2:18:48 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Fassbender would be a great anything but I'm starting to roll my eyes whenever I hear his name mentioned for a role these days.

It's Nathan Fillion I feel sorry for.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 46
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/8/2012 7:45:26 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

True, at least Fassbender is you know, good. I never got the hype with regards Fillion, he was ok in Serenity but theres a reason he never hit the "big time" !

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 13/8/2012 7:46:54 PM >

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 47
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 14/8/2012 10:25:17 AM   
Wild about Wilder

+ He'd have to shed a few pounds (if not stones?)

Post #: 48
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 15/8/2012 10:19:50 AM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

quote:

True, at least Fassbender is you know, good. I never got the hype with regards Fillion, he was ok in Serenity but theres a reason he never hit the "big time" !

does having a hit tv show like 'castle' count as the 'big time'?

Post #: 49
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 15/8/2012 2:25:35 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

quote:

quote:

quote:

does having a hit tv show like 'castle' count as the 'big time'?

Never seen it personally, but I guess he's got a good gig there. I think if he was offered (and accepted) one of the 2,346 sci-fi, comic book roles that he's been linked to these last few years, I think he'd be more big screen than small screen by now. There's still Ant Man though...

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 50
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 15/8/2012 3:20:42 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

This.

Getting tired of all the Fassbender hype to be honest.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 51
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 15/8/2012 3:46:24 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

quote:

Whedon alum syndrome, innit?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 52
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 17/8/2012 1:03:41 PM   
fuzzy

What's everyone think about Marvel getting the rights to Daredevil characters back, and how that could work with the films they've set up so far? Personally, I see it only as a good thing - the more the merrier I think. With characters like Daredevil, Punisher and Kingpin in the fold they can go the more 'grounded' route which serves as a good balance to all the space related stuff they're pushing with Thor and GotG. More gritty crime driven stories intertwined with space battles will have the studio covering more basis and more reflective of the comics too. 

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 53
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 17/8/2012 1:17:52 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

quote:

They have integrity and aren't sellouts?

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 54
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 17/8/2012 1:33:15 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They are touted for every big thing going by Whedonites even though none of them are established movie stars, and some aren't even that great actors (Dushku for instance). Don't get me wrong, I like Fillion, but he's not a bankable star.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 55
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 17/8/2012 2:28:15 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They are touted for every big thing going by Whedonites even though none of them are established movie stars, and some aren't even that great actors (Dushku for instance). Don't get me wrong, I like Fillion, but he's not a bankable star.

Well if he managed to get Denisoff a small role in Avengers, albeit in heavy make-up - you can pretty much bank on there being another one for Avengers 2. I'm thinking Nicholas Brendon as 'Guy in street' who gets saved by Cap and gets to say thanks.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 56
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/8/2012 11:38:06 AM   
spark1

nice connection to 'how i met your mother' in AA.

more superpowered heroines in the next 'avengers' please.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 20/8/2012 10:21:19 AM >

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 57
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 24/8/2012 4:49:32 AM   
12 Space Monkeys

I wonder what the next few phases of Marvels master plan are?
More superheros, more crossovers, more spin-offs?
They've set up things nicely so far and i really hope they can work with other studios to open it up even further because there are so many charactors and storylines available.

I dont think the cast will change too much for Avengers 2, possible add-ons/replacements Ant Man, Wolverine and Spiderman(and others) would be awesome but i won't hold my breath.
Plot wise for A2 looks like (watch the end of 1) and could build on the civil war feelings (but won't finalise), i'm guessing he's gonna deal some punishment untill they assemble and fiight back (maybe with help).

Then there's Avengers 3, 2018(?), between now and then there's gonna be sequals but i'm hoping they make some Intro/spin-off movies(50/50) to introduce other possible Avengers, other films could hint at a civil war finalle in A3( or hold it for A4 but an A3 civil war + Ultron could wrap up a trilogy finish), at which point you could reboot/spin-off with The New/Mighty/Secret/Dark Avengers.

Solo avenger movie possibilitys include(including some in development(hell)) Luke Cage("Unbrakeable" skin), Doctor Strange(mystic man ), Iron Fist, Ms Marvel ( a woman with power), The Sentry (superhero or supervillan ) to name just a few.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 58
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 26/8/2012 11:40:58 AM   
spark1

joss talks marvel-

http://www.mania.com/cap-2-avengers-2-updates_article_133969.html

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 59
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 27/8/2012 10:00:15 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: 12 Space Monkeys

I wonder what the next few phases of Marvels master plan are?
More superheros, more crossovers, more spin-offs?
They've set up things nicely so far and i really hope they can work with other studios to open it up even further because there are so many charactors and storylines available.

I dont think the cast will change too much for Avengers 2, possible add-ons/replacements Ant Man, Wolverine and Spiderman(and others) would be awesome but i won't hold my breath.
Plot wise for A2 looks like (watch the end of 1) and could build on the civil war feelings (but won't finalise), i'm guessing he's gonna deal some punishment untill they assemble and fiight back (maybe with help).

Then there's Avengers 3, 2018(?), between now and then there's gonna be sequals but i'm hoping they make some Intro/spin-off movies(50/50) to introduce other possible Avengers, other films could hint at a civil war finalle in A3( or hold it for A4 but an A3 civil war + Ultron could wrap up a trilogy finish), at which point you could reboot/spin-off with The New/Mighty/Secret/Dark Avengers.

Solo avenger movie possibilitys include(including some in development(hell)) Luke Cage("Unbrakeable" skin), Doctor Strange(mystic man ), Iron Fist, Ms Marvel ( a woman with power), The Sentry (superhero or supervillan ) to name just a few.

I think Marvel could do well to try and build those characters into shared films and ultimately a big team up; there's a lot of lesser known characters whose own solo films would be risky as essentially....who the hell cares? (aside from fans but some of these characters would arguably be a tough sell to general audiences who will literally have no idea who they are). Like with The Avengers there is opportunity to put various characters together in team ups appropriate to their corner of the Marvel Universe rather than trying to cram them into future Avengers films where they might be an odd fit with the existing team. For example:

"Street level" heroes: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil (only a matter of time before the rights revert back to Marvel from Fox), Moon Knight, The Punisher (rights have reverted back)

Supernatural heroes: Dr Strange, Blade (rights have reverted back), Werewolf by Night, Ghost Rider (after 2 flops it's unlikely Sony are going to be much interested in holding onto this one), Morbius (if Marvel have got him or whether he's part of Sony's Spider-Man package)

Some of the characters could well find success in solo films but to my mind not all of these characters would necessarilly do well there, I'd move to have certain characters have features (i.e. a Daredevil reboot, a Luke Cage & Iron Fist/Heroes for Hire film, Dr Strange, Blade reboot) and then start throwing them into team films with groups such as the above. Honestly would anyone really care about a Ghost Rider reboot at this point or rather see him side by side with Blade and Dr Strange in a Midnight Sons film?

Others like The Sentry and Ms Marvel I think have a place in future Avengers-centric films. I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Ms Marvel/Carol Danvers introduced in a future Captain America or Iron Man film to be honest and The Sentry could be a really interesting frenemy for The Avengers at some point. As for Ant Man I think we'll see him soon enough in Avengers 2 if not before in his solo film. Also current rumours are that the female lead in Captain America: The Winter Soldier is actually Janet Van Dyne (The Wasp) rather than the more obvious Sharon Carter so if true it seems likely Marvel are looking to introduce her and she'll probably wind up in The Avengers 2 as well.

(in reply to 12 Space Monkeys)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI