Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 20/2/2014 12:59:16 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Looks good I hope their isn't too much attempting at trying to link it in with Avengers as it looks like it could be good fun in its own right. I don't mind them occupying the same universe and maybe battling a future Avengers foe, it's been established that there is life, and danger (Thanos) out there so it's going to be great to see that side of it explored, but just keep the nods, winks and cameos to a minimum please.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 20/2/2014 3:50:58 PM >

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 361
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 20/2/2014 1:55:04 PM   
fuzzy

Not having read much GOTG, I'm looking forward to how they link it to Earth seeing as Star Lord is human. The article says he was taken from Earth as a kid - so look out for the 80s references and nostalgia, there was already a walkman in the trailer I think.

Nova Corps are going to feature heavily which is great, the more Marvel exapand their universe the bettter. Maybe set up something for a Nova film in the future.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 362
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 22/2/2014 10:43:33 AM   
Chris Boomen

I'm not entirely sure, but I read somewhere that GOTG will be a one time party. No means of a sequel, nor any direct connection to the avengers. It's still part of the MCU, because it will feature the collector, who's working for Thanos, who will be the main bad guy in the avengers 3.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 363
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 22/2/2014 1:02:29 PM   
Dirk Miggler

If it makes the money it will get a sequel, no doubt about it.

(in reply to Chris Boomen)
Post #: 364
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 22/2/2014 2:52:53 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

If it makes the money it will get a sequel, no doubt about it.

I agree. I doubt they'll ever be a direct crossover with the Guardians coming to Earth but if it's a success there'll be more.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 365
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 27/2/2014 1:56:54 PM   
fuzzy

There could be Thor/Asgard connections - Thor 2 went there (briefly). And if they stick to the human background for some of the Guardians - there could be flashbacks that maybe feature/reference characters from the MCU. Like Dirk said, if it makes cash - expect sequels and that part of the universe flirting with the Earth based one.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 366
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 28/2/2014 8:45:33 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

So here's my order of favourite MCU movies from best to worst:

1. Iron Man 3
2. Thor: The Dark World
3. Captain America: The First Avenger
4. Iron Man
5. Thor
6. The Avengers
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Iron Man 2

I have high hopes for The Winter Soldier. I found that the first Cap movie was a grower on me but now i love it.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 367
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 28/2/2014 11:06:07 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

1. Iron Man 3
4. Iron Man
5. Thor
6. The Avengers
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Iron Man 2

I have high hopes for The Winter Soldier. I found that the first Cap movie was a grower on me but now i love it.

1. Avengers
2. Thor
3. Thor: The Dark World
4. Iron Man 3
5. Iron Man
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man 2
8. Captain America: The First Avenger

Jesus, that was tough and I'm still not confident. I've only seen 3 and 4 the once so my memory isn't as strong. I know I've slagged off Iron Man 2 in the past but RDJ charm just brings it above CA (and Stark v Rhodey at the birthday party is probably one of my favourite set pieces from the entire canon) which is a bit to light for me ... although thinking about it the bottom 3 are all fairly close and could probably be put in any order. I have high hopes for GotG, wouldn't surprised if jumped into the top 3, it looks like my kind of film, but I'm trying not to get too excited.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 368
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 28/2/2014 1:19:29 PM   
spark1

marvel to preview upcoming films and projects in a tv special-

http://www.mania.com/assembling-universe-marvel-tv-event_article_139310.html

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 369
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 28/2/2014 1:37:28 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

1. Iron Man 3
4. Iron Man
5. Thor
6. The Avengers
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Iron Man 2

1. Avengers
2. Thor
4. Iron Man 3
5. Iron Man
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man 2

Jesus, that was tough and I'm still not confident. I've only seen 3 and 4 the once so my memory isn't as strong. I know I've slagged off Iron Man 2 in the past but RDJ charm just brings it above CA (and Stark v Rhodey at the birthday party is probably one of my favourite set pieces from the entire canon) which is a bit to light for me ... although thinking about it the bottom 3 are all fairly close and could probably be put in any order. I have high hopes for GotG, wouldn't surprised if jumped into the top 3, it looks like my kind of film, but I'm trying not to get too excited.

Gotta love a list

1. Thor
2. Iron Man
3. Avengers
4. Captain America
5. Thor: The Dark World
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man 2
8. Iron Man 3

Some of those can easily swap around, but that's my first stab. I think the 2nd phase has started weaker than the 1st but I'm really looking forward to GotG and Cap2 - the trailers promise a step up in character and story I think. I was tempted to put the one-shots in the list too, I thought Agent Carter in particular was really good. Watching Hail to the King this weekend.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 370
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 28/2/2014 9:34:46 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

quote:

1. Iron Man 3
4. Iron Man
5. Thor
6. The Avengers
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Iron Man 2

1. Avengers
2. Thor
4. Iron Man 3
5. Iron Man
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man 2

Gotta love a list

1. Thor
2. Iron Man
3. Avengers
4. Captain America
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man 2
8. Iron Man 3

Some of those can easily swap around, but that's my first stab. I think the 2nd phase has started weaker than the 1st but I'm really looking forward to GotG and Cap2 - the trailers promise a step up in character and story I think. I was tempted to put the one-shots in the list too, I thought Agent Carter in particular was really good. Watching Hail to the King this weekend.

Uh guys, hate to be a spoilsport but we have a thread for these lists in the Lists and top 10s forum.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 28/2/2014 9:35:29 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 371
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 28/2/2014 10:37:35 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Uh guys, hate to be a spoilsport but we have a thread for these lists in the Lists and top 10s forum.

Be honest, you fucking love it

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 372
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 28/2/2014 11:55:21 PM   
rich

Personally Iron Man, Thor and Captain America are the top, and I guess Avengers rounds them off but somehow isn't quite as satisfying with so many characters. I hope Winter Soldier turns out well but I will wait and see.

Meanwhile...

Post #: 373
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 1/3/2014 5:14:43 PM   
Cool Breeze

SPOILERS FOR MARVEL ONE SHOT ALL HAIL THE KING..........

So what did everyone think of this short on the Thor:Dark World blu ray? Now its pretty well known round here that the whole Mandarin plot twist in Iron Man 3 divided people to say the least ( I thought it was pretty fucking stupid myself ).Once you get over that though, this short was fairly amusing but seems like it was made as a sort of half arsed apology to the fans of the comics to indicate that the '' real '' Mandarin is still out there.In fact its such a shame that the short referenced the Ten Rings organisation in Iron Man 1 and implied that they and the Mandarin are connected.This seemed to be where the first two films were headed ( Its indicated on the Iron Man 2 extras that the Ten Rings were involved in getting Ivan Danko out of russia to give him his shot at killing Stark ).It would have been awesome and a great end to the trilogy for Stark to face the real proper scary and threatening version of the character rather than the stupid punchline we got in the final film.

The cameo from Justin Hammer was really funny though!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 374
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/3/2014 10:44:43 AM   
spark1

the baron talks-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31095/kretschmann-talks-his-avengers-villain

Post #: 375
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/3/2014 2:24:58 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

the baron talks-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31095/kretschmann-talks-his-avengers-villain

SPOILERS

A nazi officer plays a role in introducing the offspring of Magneto hmmmmmm

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 376
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 4/3/2014 12:51:49 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1. Iron Man 3
4. Iron Man
5. Thor
6. The Avengers
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Iron Man 2

1. Avengers
2. Thor
4. Iron Man 3
5. Iron Man
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man 2

Gotta love a list

1. Thor
2. Iron Man
3. Avengers
4. Captain America
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man 2
8. Iron Man 3

I couldn't see it, is there a specific thread or do you mean it's the best place for a list of MCU movies? I would/ should have posted there.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

Post #: 377
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 4/3/2014 8:19:43 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1. Iron Man 3
4. Iron Man
5. Thor
6. The Avengers
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Iron Man 2

1. Avengers
2. Thor
4. Iron Man 3
5. Iron Man
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man 2

Gotta love a list

1. Thor
2. Iron Man
3. Avengers
4. Captain America
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man 2
8. Iron Man 3

I couldn't see it, is there a specific thread or do you mean it's the best place for a list of MCU movies? I would/ should have posted there.

Yep theres a thread for MCU movies.It should be on the first page of Lists And Top 10s now as i have just posted my current list.

Post #: 378
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 6/3/2014 9:56:26 PM   
Captain Black

New several minute sequence from Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k0kkSHiiPE

And it looks great. I felt the first one was a great origin married to another 90 minutes of mediocrity, this looks like the promise of that origin extended over a whole film. Fingers crossed, eh? I like the dynamism and they crucially look like the tone's been nailed too; it's funny and it's got dramatic heft.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

Post #: 379
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/3/2014 11:29:30 AM   
Chris Boomen

quote:

SPOILERS FOR MARVEL ONE SHOT ALL HAIL THE KING..........

So what did everyone think of this short on the Thor:Dark World blu ray? Now its pretty well known round here that the whole Mandarin plot twist in Iron Man 3 divided people to say the least ( I thought it was pretty fucking stupid myself ).Once you get over that though, this short was fairly amusing but seems like it was made as a sort of half arsed apology to the fans of the comics to indicate that the '' real '' Mandarin is still out there.In fact its such a shame that the short referenced the Ten Rings organisation in Iron Man 1 and implied that they and the Mandarin are connected.This seemed to be where the first two films were headed ( Its indicated on the Iron Man 2 extras that the Ten Rings were involved in getting Ivan Danko out of russia to give him his shot at killing Stark ).It would have been awesome and a great end to the trilogy for Stark to face the real proper scary and threatening version of the character rather than the stupid punchline we got in the final film.

The cameo from Justin Hammer was really funny though!

I thought it was more than brilliant. Great solution for those butt-hurt fanboys.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

New several minute sequence from Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k0kkSHiiPE

And it looks great. I felt the first one was a great origin married to another 90 minutes of mediocrity, this looks like the promise of that origin extended over a whole film. Fingers crossed, eh? I like the dynamism and they crucially look like the tone's been nailed too; it's funny and it's got dramatic heft.

I could watch this over and over. That teaser is the most teasing thing I have seen from their campaign. This one has a really big shot at becoming the best marvel movie, if it continous the great stuff that they've been doing.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

Post #: 380
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/7/2014 12:09:50 PM   
Beno

Regarding the android Vision and whether he will be an 'upgrade' of Jarvis? well!! based on something I noticed in Captain America The First Avenger last night when I rewatched it I think this could be the case.
When we see Steve Rogers and Bucky visit the World Exposition of Tomorrow where Howard Stark is showcasing futuristic stuff on display in a glass case is a large humanoid figure emblazened with the title 'The Synthetic Man' that looks quite similar to Vision and also - weirdly - similar to Paul Bettany.
I dont think this has been mentioned before and it kind of freaked me out I hadnt noticed before.
Thoughts??

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Chris Boomen)
Post #: 381
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/7/2014 1:35:29 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Regarding the android Vision and whether he will be an 'upgrade' of Jarvis? well!! based on something I noticed in Captain America The First Avenger last night when I rewatched it I think this could be the case.
When we see Steve Rogers and Bucky visit the World Exposition of Tomorrow where Howard Stark is showcasing futuristic stuff on display in a glass case is a large humanoid figure emblazened with the title 'The Synthetic Man' that looks quite similar to Vision and also - weirdly - similar to Paul Bettany.
I dont think this has been mentioned before and it kind of freaked me out I hadnt noticed before.
Thoughts??

Um..isn't that meant to be The Human Torch (and no, not the one from the Fantastic Four)?

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 382
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/7/2014 3:27:30 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Thoughts??

Um..isn't that meant to be The Human Torch (and no, not the one from the Fantastic Four)?

Yep, you're right. The Synthetic Man was based on the original Human Torch, of The Invaders fame.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 383
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/7/2014 5:47:02 PM   
Beno

Damn you two are right. Completely forgot about Hammond. Even looks like him.
Colour me a dumbo!!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 384
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 21/7/2014 11:07:48 AM   
needa bigger boat

But wasn't The Vision built on the shell of the WWII Human Torch originally anyway? That's how I remember it but that may have be ret cobbed since I was a kid( many many moons ago!).

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 385
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 21/7/2014 3:25:37 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: needa bigger boat

But wasn't The Vision built on the shell of the WWII Human Torch originally anyway? That's how I remember it but that may have be ret cobbed since I was a kid( many many moons ago!).

At one point, it was believed that Ultron used his remains to make The Vision, but I think they figured out that it was something to do with time travel. I'm a bit hazy on that.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to needa bigger boat)
Post #: 386
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 26/7/2014 4:10:34 PM   
fuzzy

Possible Vision pic

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/07/first-picture-paul-bettany-vision-avengers-age-ultron.html

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 387
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 27/7/2014 11:26:20 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Didn't think much of Thor 2.
Just felt like a really bad episode of Doctor who,with Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis going some way in being arguably the most annoying character in the Marvel Universe thus far (which is some achievement).

Iron Man,Iron Man 3 and Avengers are my (at a push) Marvel favorites.
Everything else is just mindless filler.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 27/7/2014 11:32:59 AM >

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 388
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 27/7/2014 5:42:13 PM   
Captain Black

You can see what looks very much like Vision in the top left part of the collage:

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 389
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 31/7/2014 12:34:55 PM   
ripperman

Whats the general consensus on Guardians as regards predicted box office? I have a nagging feeling it wont do as much business as Marvel would hope? Trailers didn't do anything for me?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI