Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 14/1/2014 12:25:10 AM   
fuzzy

Another left-field casting from Marvel with Michael Douglas as Hank Pym. It'll be interesting how Edgar Wright brings the two Antmen together and whether it'll leave the door open for Douglas to return to the roll after this film. I'm guessing it'll be more of a passing the torch thing, but will it feature a younger Pym in a back story (as Wright suggested years ago) and would that mean a third actor involved in a 60s setting maybe? Surely Douglas couldn't do both?

I think a 60s/70s backstory with Pym, Fury, Howling Commandos and Howard Stark would be cool to see on screen. They definitely need to explore the universe in these intervening years between Cap and present day.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 331
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 14/1/2014 9:11:20 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Another left-field casting from Marvel with Michael Douglas as Hank Pym. It'll be interesting how Edgar Wright brings the two Antmen together and whether it'll leave the door open for Douglas to return to the roll after this film. I'm guessing it'll be more of a passing the torch thing, but will it feature a younger Pym in a back story (as Wright suggested years ago) and would that mean a third actor involved in a 60s setting maybe? Surely Douglas couldn't do both?

I think a 60s/70s backstory with Pym, Fury, Howling Commandos and Howard Stark would be cool to see on screen. They definitely need to explore the universe in these intervening years between Cap and present day.

I think this could be quite an inspired bit of casting myself. Douglas has done his fair share of action/adventure movies over the years so, although this will probably be the biggest most effects laden movie he has done to date, it should come quite naturally to him.

With reference to the flashbacks to Pym as a young man I don't think this will be an issue - just look at how they made Chris Evans look at the beginning of Captain America!! I doubt they'll get another actor to play the younger Pym, I reckon they will use some CGI jiggery-pokery to make Douglas look younger (like Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan in X3, only better) - and could use the likeness from his "Romancing the Stone" days. They may even use footage from his old movies (if they can get the rights etc)?

Good work Marvel (again!)

Also - I'm hearing this morning that Marvel are in talks with Johnny Depp about him playing Dr Strange!! DC have a LOT of catching up to do if this one is true! That bar just keeps on going up and up....

http://latino-review.com/2014/01/exclusive-marvel-eyeing-johnny-depp-dr-strange/

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 332
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 14/1/2014 9:38:17 AM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

I think this could be quite an inspired bit of casting myself. Douglas has done his fair share of action/adventure movies over the years so, although this will probably be the biggest most effects laden movie he has done to date, it should come quite naturally to him.

With reference to the flashbacks to Pym as a young man I don't think this will be an issue - just look at how they made Chris Evans look at the beginning of Captain America!! I doubt they'll get another actor to play the younger Pym, I reckon they will use some CGI jiggery-pokery to make Douglas look younger (like Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan in X3, only better) - and could use the likeness from his "Romancing the Stone" days. They may even use footage from his old movies (if they can get the rights etc)?

Good work Marvel (again!)

Also - I'm hearing this morning that Marvel are in talks with Johnny Depp about him playing Dr Strange!! DC have a LOT of catching up to do if this one is true! That bar just keeps on going up and up....

http://latino-review.com/2014/01/exclusive-marvel-eyeing-johnny-depp-dr-strange/

I just had a thought: what if Rudd is playing the young Pym and Douglas is the modern day Pym, reminiscing about the 60s? The original plan was to have this film standalone after all.

Personally, I'd prefer them to be playing two separate characters with a predominantly modern day setting - it would be folly for Marvel to completely cut off a film from the rest of its cinematic continuity.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 333
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 14/1/2014 11:02:20 AM   
Chris Boomen

This casting news is great for the story, in any way. Now, we can be pretty sure that this won't be another generic origin story which we could have all thougt of.

My guess would be, that a third actor will be cast for the flashbacks. They would not cast Paul Rudd as the ant-man first, if he would get ditched after this movie.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 334
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 14/1/2014 7:06:02 PM   
fuzzy

I think it's been stated that Rudd will be playing Scott Lang, not a younger Hank Pym. I still think they'll need a third actor to a play a younger Pym if they do flashbacks. A rumoured 60s setting seems a bit of a stretch for Douglas - even with CGI and makeup! Short flashbacks to the 80s maybe... but possibly a chunk of the start of the film set 50 years ago, nah.

(in reply to Chris Boomen)
Post #: 335
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 14/1/2014 8:42:12 PM   
musht

Has the 1960s been confirmed. Douglas was born in 1944 so we're looking at a Hank Pym in his late teens early twenties. I mean, I suppose, he could play older.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 336
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 24/1/2014 10:46:02 AM   
spark1

jackson's fury contract nearly up-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30566/marvel-running-out-of-nick-fury-options

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 337
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 25/1/2014 1:52:58 PM   
Chris Boomen

I would not mind it if they would kill him off in captain america 2. But they are probably going to kill him off in an avengers movie, so that will probably be Avengers 3.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 338
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 29/1/2014 11:34:24 AM   
spark1

'antman' 101-

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/the-history-of-marvels-ant-mantroubled-wife-beater-creator-of-avengers-and-ultron-maybe-marvel-is-on-to-something/

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 339
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 1/2/2014 1:22:26 PM   
spark1

after the 'downton' moment in IM3 help pick one for 'winter soldier'-

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-01-30/vote-for-your-favourite-british-tv-show-to-appear-in-captain-america-sequel-the-winter-soldier

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 340
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 1/2/2014 2:08:29 PM   
Chris Boomen

That's a fantastic idea.

~Brad Bird

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 341
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/2/2014 10:22:40 AM   
musht

So Paul Bettany may be Vision .... I am now getting slightly worried that AoU is a getting a little overcrowded.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 342
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/2/2014 2:34:13 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

So Paul Bettany may be Vision .... I am now getting slightly worried that AoU is a getting a little overcrowded.

Nah, this is the Avengers - the more the merrier!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 343
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 8/2/2014 1:26:02 PM   
spark1

the look of the vision-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30805/details-on-the-vision-s-costume-in-ultron

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 344
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 9/2/2014 11:46:23 AM   
spark1

and now there is talk of ms marvel for 'ultron'.

maybe ms sackoff's time has come.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 345
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 11/2/2014 1:50:25 PM   
spark1

'ultron' has begun filming in jo berg.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 346
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 11/2/2014 3:24:04 PM   
Chris Boomen

Fan posters. Gotta love them:
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Fan-Poster-Matt-Broox.jpg

~Brad Bird

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 347
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 13/2/2014 9:17:00 PM   
musht

Saw THIS on another forum. No idea what the source is but if it's real and it looks it, then I have very high hopes

And ANOTHER one, quality's not great. Talks of a trailer due on Monday

< Message edited by musht -- 13/2/2014 9:49:58 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 348
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 14/2/2014 2:16:20 PM   
Chris Boomen

Seen the first one too. People said that this was a polished version of the comic con footage, so I guess they're real. Looks good.
[spoiler]After the end credits scene of Thor: The Dark World, I was really afraid this was gonna be horrible.[/spoiler]
Trailer will probably come really soon, followed by a really agressive marketing campaign. Even though Marvel will sell, this unknown space stuff will still not be that easily sold.

~Brad Bird

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 349
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 15/2/2014 4:26:47 PM   
spark1

'ultron' flooded-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30914/-ultron-halts-production-due-to-flooding

Post #: 350
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 16/2/2014 5:42:39 PM   
rich

quote:

Saw THIS on another forum. No idea what the source is but if it's real and it looks it, then I have very high hopes

Apparently "test footage" but its unclear.

For a working version click here

< Message edited by rich -- 16/2/2014 5:47:44 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 351
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 18/2/2014 10:56:23 AM   
spark1

video from jo berg-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30925/first-videos-from-age-of-ultron-set

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 352
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 18/2/2014 3:16:03 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

And ANOTHER one, quality's not great. Talks of a trailer due on Monday

Trailer debuting tonight (tomorrow UK)

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 353
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 18/2/2014 4:49:59 PM   
Ecoplex

Anyone else think Korath the Pursurer given he was a cyber-geneticist could end up creating something that turns into Ultron in Avengers 2? Would be a good end of credits reveal

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 354
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/2/2014 1:15:38 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-full-trailer-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-soars-in

Looks amazing frankly. Be keen to see a bit more of the scale as, based on this trailer, a lot of this footage is quite stage bound and fairly claustrophobic.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Ecoplex)
Post #: 355
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/2/2014 4:17:24 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-full-trailer-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-soars-in

Looks amazing frankly. Be keen to see a bit more of the scale as, based on this trailer, a lot of this footage is quite stage bound and fairly claustrophobic.

Yep, looks great. I'm not too worried about all the indoor stuff, it's a risky production for Marvel so I can understand if they were trying to keep budget down. I like that they're wasn't really any hint of the plot, just an introduction to the characters and I really liked it. Reminded me of the old caper movies where a team would have to be assembled. The only thing that might let this down is the chemistry between the leads especially when two of the leads would have done all their work in recording booths (Cooper and Diesel).

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 356
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/2/2014 5:52:47 PM   
crimond

Someone else said that it will be good to get a big budget space opera that isn't Star Wars or Star Trek and I have to agree that looked excellent. Refreshing that it's not another iron man movie.

I liked Chris Pratt since parks and recreation and he looks perfect for this.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 357
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/2/2014 9:25:27 PM   
rich

Looks fun, but at the same time I wonder if this wasn't an existing Marvel property would something like this be lined up as a risky idea?

Meanwhile...

(in reply to crimond)
Post #: 358
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 20/2/2014 10:00:39 AM   
Beno

Anyone else spot in the GOTG trailer that John C Reilly and Peter Serafinowicz are wearing Nova Corps uniforms??
So is Nova going to feature I wonder??

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 359
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 20/2/2014 12:28:57 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Anyone else spot in the GOTG trailer that John C Reilly and Peter Serafinowicz are wearing Nova Corps uniforms??
So is Nova going to feature I wonder??

Glenn Close is playing......Spoilers........( 'Nova Prime' so I would guess that they will feature. )

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI