Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/8/2013 12:59:53 PM   
spark1

millar on new FF movie-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/08/19/sfx239-preview-mark-millar-on-fantastic-four/

f f to meet x men.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 271
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/8/2013 2:12:09 PM   
fuzzy

The logical step for Fox. Marvel have shown the way, so I guess they're following suit.

I just have zero faith in Fox though - they've made a complete hash of the x-men films continuity (how hard was it to get at least that right?), and no amount of time-travel shenannigans in DoFP will put that right. And the less said about this FF reboot the better. I just wish it all bombs for them, then maybe one day they'll get sick of re-rebooting and give it back to Marvel.

And as pedanatic sidenote - this thread seems to be growing into a marvel comics films thread rather than the MCU (Avengers, Iron Man, Hulk etc.) thread that I'm guessing it was intended for.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 272
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/8/2013 2:14:25 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

The logical step for Fox. Marvel have shown the way, so I guess they're following suit.

I just have zero faith in Fox though - they've made a complete hash of the x-men films continuity (how hard was it to get at least that right?), and no amount of time-travel shenannigans in DoFP will put that right. And the less said about this FF reboot the better. I just wish it all bombs for them, then maybe one day they'll get sick of re-rebooting and give it back to Marvel.

And as pedanatic sidenote - this thread seems to be growing into a marvel comics films thread rather than the MCU (Avengers, Iron Man, Hulk etc.) thread that I'm guessing it was intended for.

Have you ever read a comic?

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 273
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/8/2013 2:37:25 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

Have you ever read a comic?

But the comics have had 50 years - somethings gotta give .

Fox however have had 5 films in a little over 10 years with the same actors and producers - it's just lazy film-making.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 274
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 21/8/2013 10:31:34 AM   
spark1

no ultron in 'ant man'-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28251/edgar-wright-on-why-no-ultron-in-ant-man

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 275
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2/9/2013 10:24:29 AM   
spark1

IM3 writer talks 'avengers 2'-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28417/-iron-man-3-scribe-talks-ultron-details

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 276
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/9/2013 12:40:33 PM   
spark1

marvel are trying their best to launch a female led superhero movie-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28508/a-female-marvel-superhero-film-eventually

any time, guys.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 277
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/9/2013 12:59:08 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

marvel are trying their best to launch a female led superhero movie-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28508/a-female-marvel-superhero-film-eventually

any time, guys.

So, Katee Sackhoff as Carol Danvers/Miss Marvel then? Cant wait!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 278
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/9/2013 4:22:18 PM   
Cool Breeze

Been looking forward to this one..

Iron Man 3 Honest Trailer!...http://youtu.be/e3r4FklA4gI

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 279
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/9/2013 8:33:26 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/179123-vin-diesel-teases-a-merging-of-brands-for-marvel-phase-3

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 280
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/9/2013 9:28:32 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Fox however have had 5 films in a little over 10 years with the same actors and producers - it's just lazy film-making.

I think the creative teams have changed a lot behind the scenes. Seems more of an issue that when they got Bryan Singer back on the franchise that First Class had continuity errors with his own films!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 281
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/9/2013 9:49:32 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

I think the creative teams have changed a lot behind the scenes. Seems more of an issue that when they got Bryan Singer back on the franchise that First Class had continuity errors with his own films!

I think Mr. Vaughn had probably more influence with the continuity errors. Doing it his way so to speak after missing out on the X3 gig.

Anywoo, anyone think that Diesel's mention of 'merging of brands' has something to do with studios possibly collaborating?

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 282
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 7/9/2013 10:04:26 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

I think Mr. Vaughn had probably more influence with the continuity errors. Doing it his way so to speak after missing out on the X3 gig.

Anywoo, anyone think that Diesel's mention of 'merging of brands' has something to do with studios possibly collaborating?

He'd make a good Thing from Fantastic 4 and I know Fox are rebooting that. But I don't know, if that would be a good or a bad thing. Fox clearly aren't as concerned with continuity as Marvel, it would take a lot of collaboration. Also I doubt Marvel would be interviewing Diesel for a Fox property .... I think I've successfully proved my own theory wrong

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 283
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 12/9/2013 4:14:24 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder
I think the point of that whole thing was that he'd come to rely on it, and by the end of IM3 he realised he didn't need to. He was using the suits as a defense mechanism because in The Avengers he was surrounded by superheroes with actual superpowers and he was reminded that he was just a man in a suit. The whole arc of his development in IM3 is him coming to terms with his limits and realising what the important things in his life are. Up to that point, he was scared to have the shrapnel removed because it would mean he didn't need the arc reactor any more.

Whilst Stark's genius knows no bounds... (42 and counting) the actual arc reactor was a literal life saver for him and it seems he had resigned himself to think that it was essential to keep him alive. It certainly had helped to define who he was. However, he does say at the end "my armour was never a distraction or hobby.. it was a cocoon", it was something he could hide behind and bury himself in due to the trauma faced in New York and in Afghanistan. I actually think up until the very end of IM3 he had carried the trauma of his experience in the Afghan cave.

quote:

Don't forget that the suits can be powered with their own chest piece, he doesn't need the one in his chest to power a suit. In The Avengers, Tony compares his chest piece to the Hulk, but for me, Tony's equivalent of the Hulk is his suit, not the reactor. He can still have a suit (we've seen Obadiah, Whiplash, Rhodey and Pepper all wear suits so we know they have their own power source, and some of these characters have even worn the same suit Tony wears at some point, so I assume they have a separate power source from his chest piece even when he's wearing them) and IM3 also showed us his new, nifty trick where he powers the suit without actually being in it.

Still, if he's consoled Banner with the line that the arc reactor was a "terrible privilege" implying that it's something he would never lose and would have to live with, much like Banner and the Hulk. It then devalues that statement when goes ahead and removes it. What does that say to Banner? Get rid of the Hulk? I get the whole thing of character development and it's about Stark reaching a new point in his life where he doesn't have to cower behind a suit and he realises he and not the suit is Iron Man. Still..

Did anyone else here enjoy IM3 a lot more after a second viewing? I wasn't sure what to think when I saw it in the cinema, I felt a bit disappointed with it. However, I've seen it twice more and despite the twist with the Mandarin (which they can rectify later) and the Lethal Weapon 70's cop show end titles I think it's an excellent film and very funny.

What do you guys seen in-store for Stark, Iron Man and the Avengers now?

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 284
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 18/9/2013 12:38:34 AM   
fuzzy

I'm assuming as Age of Ultron is sans Pym, they'll link Ultron with Stark Tech and that'll bring Tony and IM back into the frame for Avengers 2. Can't see him featuring in the other phase 2 films though, referenced maybe, but not seen... happy to be proved wrong though.

I'm thinking Avengers 2 could be IM's last hurrah, at least with RDJ. They'll retire the character for a bit to make room for newbies then maybe recast in a few years as long as the MCU still have legs - which with ever raising box office receipts - I don't doubt for a minute. There's a load of characters out there at Marvels disposal, and the fans want to see them on the big screen. The promise of that alone will keep the punters coming back.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 285
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 18/9/2013 9:23:49 AM   
FoximusPrime

I fully expect Ultron to be the result of Stark's tinkering with autonomous suits in Iron Man 3. Maybe (highlight for spoiler for IM3...) directly linked to the scene in which the empty suit reacts to Tony's nightmare?

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 286
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 18/9/2013 12:00:36 PM   
Chief

I thought that they were planning on Ultron being the evolution of Jarvis?

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 287
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 18/9/2013 12:17:29 PM   
musht

quote:

I'm assuming as Age of Ultron is sans Pym, they'll link Ultron with Stark Tech and that'll bring Tony and IM back into the frame for Avengers 2. Can't see him featuring in the other phase 2 films though, referenced maybe, but not seen... happy to be proved wrong though.

I'm thinking Avengers 2 could be IM's last hurrah, at least with RDJ. They'll retire the character for a bit to make room for newbies then maybe recast in a few years as long as the MCU still have legs - which with ever raising box office receipts - I don't doubt for a minute. There's a load of characters out there at Marvels disposal, and the fans want to see them on the big screen. The promise of that alone will keep the punters coming back.

I'm 99% sure RDJ's new deal was for Avengers 2 AND 3. No mention of further IM movies though and there's every possibility A3 could just be a cameo.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I thought that they were planning on Ultron being the evolution of Jarvis?

I think that's what most people were thinking but the casting of James Spader suggests otherwise.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 288
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 19/9/2013 10:36:09 AM   
spark1

whedon back as script doctor on 'dark world'-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28700/whedon-re-wrote-three-thor-sequel-scenes

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 289
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 28/9/2013 12:46:51 PM   
spark1

mr hiddleston would love a 'loki' movie so he could spar with the enchantress-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28863/hiddleston-wants-enchantress-for-marvel-film

< Message edited by spark1 -- 28/9/2013 12:47:48 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 290
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/10/2013 2:19:43 PM   
spark1

sam jackson says elizabeth olsen is the witch-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a520549/elizabeth-olsen-confirmed-for-scarlet-witch-in-avengers-age-of-ultron.html

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 291
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 3/10/2013 2:31:06 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

I'm still convinced that Tony's going to show up in Guardians Of The Galaxy.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 292
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 10/10/2013 10:44:01 AM   
Wild about Wilder

After seeing the Metallica 3D I-MAX film I definetly think they picked the wrong Chronicle actor for the Human torch role should be Dane DeHaan he already did his audition piece in it.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 293
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 22/10/2013 3:44:08 PM   
spark1

feige talks ultron and phase 3-

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/20/marvels-kevin-feige-were-trying-to-figure-out-what-to-do-with-daredevil-now/

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29280/feige-talks-casting-spader-as-ultron

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 294
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 23/10/2013 10:31:16 AM   
spark1

sir ben back for a marvel project-

http://www.mania.com/kingsley-teases-secret-marvel-project_article_138613.html

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 295
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 23/10/2013 1:57:07 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

sir ben back for a marvel project-

http://www.mania.com/kingsley-teases-secret-marvel-project_article_138613.html

IRON MAN 3 SPOILERS AHEAD:

Oooh, so does this mean the Mandarin WAS actually real and it was a double bluff? Or is it going to be a series of shorts about Trevor the actor from Croydon? Either way - I'm excited!!

Serioulsy - it can only be about The Mandarin can't it? There's no way Marvel would have him play two characters in their same universe? How is this going to work?

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 296
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 23/10/2013 8:56:06 PM   
target

Captain America: Winter Soldier trailer sneak peak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzSycNKNnGk

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 297
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 24/10/2013 5:47:17 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

Captain America: Winter Soldier trailer sneak peak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzSycNKNnGk

Looks great, wasnt a huge fan of the first one, but this looks brilliant. More black widow, fury and first look at The Falcon!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to target)
Post #: 298
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 24/10/2013 8:33:48 PM   
target

I guess most people have seen it. but heres the full trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Looks good.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 299
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - 29/10/2013 10:28:03 AM   
spark1

feige rumour control-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29406/marvel-s-feige-on-more-hulk-iron-man-ultron

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI