Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

A Guide To Rick Baker: Monster Maker

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> A Guide To Rick Baker: Monster Maker Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Guide To Rick Baker: Monster Maker - 17/5/2012 1:26:20 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 17/5/2012 1:26:20 PM   
swhib

Err where's Greystoke? Some of the most impressive make-up effects work I've ever seen.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Thank You Empire. - 18/5/2012 8:04:50 AM   
TheSomnambulist

Well done Empire for dedicating an article to someone who actually deserves the praise. This is a very nice piece and a suitable tribute to one of the genuine genius' that work in Hollywood.

My personal favourite work has to be the Tim Burton remake of Planet of the Apes. The make-up in that was incredible. I watch that film just for the look of the Apes.

Thanks you Rick Baker for all the many hours of entertainment you have provided us.

Now how about an article on a cinematographer or composer?

Post #: 3
- 18/5/2012 10:39:16 AM   
trouserpress

I think you'll find that Rick's "cinemtaic love affair with gorillas" was actually first seen on the big screen in 1972 in the Thing With Two Heads, where Rick built the costume and then played the gorilla. He also actually played King Kong in King Kong, as the robot didn't work and they mostly just had Rick in a monster costume crashing through miniature trees.

Post #: 4
- 18/5/2012 2:59:35 PM   
Cyberleader

I never have got it- WHAT'S wrong with The Wolfman?

Post #: 5
Nice feature, but ... - 20/5/2012 8:09:57 PM   
Dropje

Where's "The Nutty Professor" starring Eddie Murphy? Whatever you think of the 1996 movie or its sequel (funny and atrocious, respectively, imo), the make-up for the various characters all played by the same actor is beyond reproach. I mean, come on, if you deem "Norbit" worthy of a mention ...

Post #: 6
Wow, - 22/5/2012 1:36:17 AM   
rosiecotton

Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't know he did King Kong?!!!! :-O Kudos Mr. Baker, but you scared the shit out of me countless times as a kid whenever I TRIED to watch the movie. lol!

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> A Guide To Rick Baker: Monster Maker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI